AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-08-15, 18:36   Link #5541
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiyono View Post
I think it's more that we can't stand the wait. It takes foreeeeever for Saki to do her stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
When a single round of a tournament takes over 2 years to complete you're going to feel some.....fatigue in regards to following it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I think it's just the byproduct of outcome many matches post-Nagano tournament that somehow defiles fans initial perception of the team powerlevel.
That's the problem I've been noticing recently. People have extremely high expectations, and when those expectations are not met, they bring themselves down.

I can't find the logic in the preconceived notion by most fans that because a team was not shown during the Nagano arc, they should be stronger. It’s as if every team that makes it to the nationals should be stronger than the teams in the Nagano region. It's as if every new opponent should be stronger than Koromo.

Some fans aren't able to appreciate that Ritz has created a balanced world. They aren't happy that Ritz has created some teams stronger than the ones in Nagano, and created some characters stronger than Koromo. They want all teams bigger and better, all players extremely God like. And for every strong player, Saki should easily win without facing challenges.

What perplexes my mind the most, are the fans that complain about the speed of the series. Some fans want back stories, none of the matches skipped, all sorts of different details embedded with each chapter. However, once Ritz does these things some fans begin to complain and say she isn't fast enough. Along with still wanting these high demands. When Ritz does make the sacrifice and release chapters in the correct two week format consecutively, some fans still complain. For example, when Ritz released around 3 chapters last month, three times in a row, some fans still complained about how some parts were not shaded, toned etc. They want fast paced chapters, detailed back stories, side stories with the same quality and more. Ungrateful, would be a fitting word.

Last edited by Ura-dora; 2015-08-15 at 23:04.
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 21:37   Link #5542
The Green One

We're not allowed to have differing opinions about things and want different things from the story? Everyone must conform to the same opinions and the same desires? Dang, must of missed the memo.

Cold simple truth is nothing will please everyone equally. Also just because we may individually wish certain things were different or things would go faster doesn't mean we still don't like the story. I think we'd be ungrateful if we posted rants on the board that the story is irredeemable crap because "insert reason here". Expressing a desire about how if something like "insert desire here" happens that would be cool! Isn't wrong. I'd say wishing things were faster is probably more of an eagerness to get to the finals to see the showdown between Achiga, Shiratodai, and Kioysumi. Or to see the truth behind the myster fallout between Saki and Teru. That's not an unreasonable desire.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 04:23   Link #5543
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
Saki should easily win without facing challenges.
This notion is a bit oversimplified. You have to go further and ask them why they would prefer an easy match for Saki? The following is just my personal opinion and doesn't reflect to whole fandom, but one thing I'm pretty sure is the majority of the fans don't just wants an easy match for the sake of it.

When I mentioned before about rooting for Saki as a dream crushing villain, it means fans wanting to see her opponents struggle only to ended up actually dancing around her footsteps. So in a sense, what these group of fans want is an easy match for Saki, but not her opponents. The fun part is watching her opponents trying to survive long enough to hang on to their second place even though it should have been the reverse. Are we talking Saki or Teru here?

But who can blame them after witnessing Saki's performance in the quarterfinals, and moreover, how Saki feels after her match indicates that she hadn't perform at her 100%. Even up against strong opponents she still managed to score +/- 0. In order to achieve this it requires her to manipulate not just one, but every single opponent on the table. Theoretically speaking, if only she can overcome her trauma and use this talent of hers to aim for a winning score, she's basically unstoppable. Some fans complain how this made Saki seems too OP. Since Saki is way too strong, it's no longer fun rooting for her as a hero so instead, fans find greater enjoyment rooting for her as a antagonist instead while watching other players are the protagonists trying struggle under Saki's mercy. The only time Saki will be treated as the series protagonist is when she's facing Teru.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 04:58   Link #5544
Narumin

I don't understand why someone refers Saki as an antagonist even if she is the main protagonist and has dream and aim like other players. Everyone wants to win for their dreams and aims, so they have to crush other players for themselves normally. I sympathize with Saki and understand her for reconciling with Teru. A family is very important for everyone, especially Saki while some players want to win because of their friends ,popularities , unreasonable need or umm...only wannabe. Their dreams and aims are not as important as Saki's dream. She doesn't want to win because of the champion position but she only wants to return her family.

Last edited by Narumin; 2015-08-16 at 09:17.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-16, 14:08   Link #5545
Ura-dora

Quote:
We're not allowed to have differing opinions about things and want different things from the story? Everyone must conform to the same opinions and the same desires? Dang, must of missed the memo.

Cold simple truth is nothing will please everyone equally. Also just because we may individually wish certain things were different or things would go faster doesn't mean we still don't like the story..
It's okay for people to have different opinions and wants from a story. I've had my fair share of disappointments within the series.

I was simple making a remark towards your earlier comment about people's fatigue in following the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
This notion is a bit oversimplified. You have to go further and ask them why they would prefer an easy match for Saki? The following is just my personal opinion and doesn't reflect to whole fandom, but one thing I'm pretty sure is the majority of the fans don't just wants an easy match for the sake of it.
I actually completely agree with your opinion and understand its viewpoint. What I am referring to however, are the fans who are truly troubled by the fact that Saki is going against troubling opponents.

Spoiler for example:
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 02:14   Link #5546
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
It's okay for people to have different opinions and wants from a story. I've had my fair share of disappointments within the series.

I was simple making a remark towards your earlier comment about people's fatigue in following the series.

I actually completely agree with your opinion and understand its viewpoint. What I am referring to however, are the fans who are truly troubled by the fact that Saki is going against troubling opponents.
Well, people have their own taste, and sometime it's impossible to completely understand their view even if we try. All I can offer is my personal opinion, I can't possibly answer for the person you just qouted.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 07:54   Link #5547
Marina2

Shinohayu ch24 leaks

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also,.........

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-08-23 at 08:42.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 10:14   Link #5548
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Shinohayu ch24 leaks

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That last one
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2015-08-23, 10:47   Link #5549
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
That last one
Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

RITZ HAS TROLLED US ALL!

Also, whenever I look at Chiyoko I can't help but think of Nagi.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2015-08-23 at 11:26.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 11:24   Link #5550
The Green One

Wait so it's over with this chapter?
Old 2015-08-23, 11:26   Link #5551
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Wait so it's over with this chapter?
Not at all. See the leaks and the spoiler in the next post and you'll realize why I said that.
Old 2015-08-25, 07:31   Link #5552
Marina2

More images from Shinohayu Chapter 24

Wow, I...I totally not expected this....

Spoiler for chapter 24:
Old 2015-08-25, 07:49   Link #5553
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
More images from Shinohayu Chapter 24

Wow, I...I totally not expected this....

Spoiler for chapter 24:
WHAT?

Well then...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Shinohayu is finally heating up, it seems.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2015-08-25 at 08:06.
Old 2015-08-29, 12:42   Link #5554
King-Slayer

Chapter is out.
I can't really believe Kokoro won the national championship but I liked it. I really hope Shino can find her mom the next chapter because that girl deserves it.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 14:42   Link #5555
The Green One

At least she got conformation that her Mom is alive and apparently well. Still can't help but wonder why she wouldn't show up in person but deliver a note via proxy. Interesting seeing Kokoro winning the championship, with advice from Akado no less. Especially after surviving being cut down by that big hand due to the other player winning at the same time from a luckily higher priority seat.
Old 2015-08-29, 15:27   Link #5556
Subayai

This really makes me wonder what reason can her mom possibly have to avoid meeting her daughter to that extent.

At least now Shino knows for certain that her mom was watching her. This may give her additional motivation to keep going to tournaments because of the chance of finding her mom there.

And yeah, Kokoro winning the tournament was totaly unexpected but I liked how it was done. I hope will keep seeing more of the tournament characters in the future. Especially, Naoko and Chiyoko, they are my favorites from this arc.

And I also want to see more of Uta, Harue and Zenno of course.
Subayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-29, 16:38   Link #5557
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Both Zenno and Mihirogi both came across as super dangerous players in that chapter...which was good and fine, but it was sad that Shino was teased like that.
Old 2015-08-29, 17:01   Link #5558
The Green One

Yep, pulls on the ol heartstrings watching Shino frantically searching for her hopefully still nearby Mother. Really reminds you that's she still just a little girl who desperately wants her beloved Mom to come home.
Old 2015-08-30, 05:20   Link #5559
Marina2

Out of 3 MCs (Saki, Shizuno, Shino), Shino probably have the strongest mental strength. Everytime she fell into the 4th place, she just smile and prepare to fight back. We have never seen the time where she become hopeless in the match.

Shino's playstyle (aim for the big, coming back hand) and her ability(?) "She become strong from South-3 onward and she's usually win with the bird tile.", make Shino look like Phoenix bird doesn't it? If you kill (ron) her, she will rise again from the ash (4th place) to kill (ron) you in the last few round.

.................................................. ..........

It has been two years (real time) since the first chapter. We still don't know what does "Shinohayu" mean. Only explanation I can think off is it is the combination of three name : Shino, Hayari and Yue but that will left out Kanna, who is the one of three MC.
Old 2015-08-31, 00:29   Link #5560
Narumin

Quote:
Out of 3 MCs (Saki, Shizuno, Shino), Shino probably have the strongest mental strength. Everytime she fell into the 4th place, she just smile and prepare to fight back. We have never seen the time where she become hopeless in the match.

Shino's playstyle (aim for the big, coming back hand) and her ability(?) "She become strong from South-3 onward and she's usually win with the bird tile.", make Shino look like Phoenix bird doesn't it? If you kill (ron) her, she will rise again from the ash (4th place) to kill (ron) you in the last few round.

.................................................. ..........

It has been two years (real time) since the first chapter. We still don't know what does "Shinohayu" mean. Only explanation I can think off is it is the combination of three name : Shino, Hayari and Yue but that will left out Kanna, who is the one of three MC.
Family background will affect on people's personality and mental strength. Saki, Shizuno and Shino have different family background and personality.
I have no idea about Shizuno's family background, but I guess she has a good family.
For Saki, unfortunately, she born in a bad family that uses a condition in mahjong gameplay as she said "I would not get any candy if I lose, but they will get angry if I win to many". This is why she tends to get +/-0. In addition, her family problem and dark past also affect on her personality as you see.
For Shino, she born in a family that like to play mahjong like Saki but she wasn't be imposed a condition in mahjong gameplay. She is happy and fun to play it. This makes Shino is determinated to play mahjong and wins for finding her mother. Morever, she also play for fun in the same time.

After reading this chapter, I can't wait to see the next chapter. I want Shino meets her mother.

About Shino's playstyle and ability, I guess it represents a bird that fly up to the sky like Shino who hopes to win.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri