AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 13:33   Link #601
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Except that she's probably behind Yuki's sickness.

And as for Fujiwara, we do know that he "hates following the plot, especially when he already knows the ending". He might be trying to change the future?
We all know what he want. The issue is even after all the talk, Fujiwara himself still followed the script. He is mortal, and fears oblivion despite the bravado. That's why he is angry all the time.
Old 2007-12-11, 14:02   Link #602
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
We all know what he want. The issue is even after all the talk, Fujiwara himself still followed the script. He is mortal, and fears oblivion despite the bravado. That's why he is angry all the time.
Up until the timelines split anyway. It is possible that one timeline leads to Mikuru's future and the other leads to Fujiwara's future. And that the decision that Mikuru Big spoke to Kyon about before is which one of them he choses.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 14:09   Link #603
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Up until the timelines split anyway. It is possible that one timeline leads to Mikuru's future and the other leads to Fujiwara's future. And that the decision that Mikuru Big spoke to Kyon about before is which one of them he choses.
Still, even though Fujiwara might be following a different and opposing script to Mikuru's, he is still following a set script. He is not doing his mission because he wants to, but because his timelined forced him to. Though Fujiwara insults Mikuru and Kyon by comparing them to puppets on strings, he knows he himself is no better. This kind of work environment can drive anyone mad.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:12   Link #604
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Still, even though Fujiwara might be following a different and opposing script to Mikuru's, he is still following a set script. He is not doing his mission because he wants to, but because his timelined forced him to. Though Fujiwara insults Mikuru and Kyon by comparing them to puppets on strings, he knows he himself is no better. This kind of work environment can drive anyone mad.
Is Fujiwara is just a puppet of both timelines, do you think that he could be just following want is best for Kuyou Suou, the alien created by the Canopy Domain?

The reason I've thought about this is because on any decisions Kyon has to face, he always seems popping up, at the worst time. During those times, I have the sense that what he is doing or saying is totally opposite, on whats is "really" going on.

Since Kuyou Suou is now hanging around Sasaki crew, obviously she is the most dangerous person that can do harm to any of the SOS Brigade members. Thus, that also apply to Fujiwara, because each members of the Sasaki Crew have their own agenda. Even though they hang around with each other, I still believe that each of them has to gain something in return. Perhaps, Sasaki is being manipulated by each of her crew.

After all, she didn't want to have any omni-potential powers, and she didn't really care about it. Yet, her crew really wants her to have it, thus be totally transfer to her.

I have a bad feeling about what is actually going to happen in Vol 10 of the Light-novels. Just hope since its Kyon's perspective, he will follow the appropriate path, and rescue both Sasaki and Haruhi from destruction. Somehow, its all leads back to the Canopy Domain.

Thank you
Domo arigato
KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 03:47   Link #605
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

My only question on that sneering bastard is how that Fujiwara has stated already that he has no concern about who holds the very power that can alter destiny. Whether or not if he is being an ungrateful defeatist isn't really much of a weighing factor from my perspective.

How would anyone know at this moment what the exact relationship between Kuyou Suou is to Fujiwara is at any rate? Nagato has very limited information about the Cosmic Canopy Domain. On that note, the only opposition faction that there's any level of sufficient understanding from members of the SOS Brigade would be Tachibana's group.

Sasaki, from how she has been portrayed, does not seem a fool and doesn't seem to be easily manipulated. The prospect of a forced coronation by the hands of these rather disjointed 'subjects' around her at this moment seems unlikely. Besides, Sasaki would be asking for extra work, should she carry out the mandate of 'betterment of humankind' which she does not see as her responsibility.

Sasaki is personally content with herself and the perpetual dull social machine that exists around her. There is no reason why she has to take any sort of reactionary response even on her personal behalf at this moment, and to me, she feels no obligation to do so for the masses. Sasaki, if anything, might be all the more interested in having Kyon's prime seat and have the power of the final say with a pen, for she is in an interesting and absurd time, and that pen allows an individual to render judgment across the boundary of spacetime without ever leaving the desk where you picked it up and began writing.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 02:47   Link #606
luckyfoshizzle

I haven't read any of the novels yet, but I plan on it. And I was just wondering if it's worth it to read the chapters that anime is based on. Is it basically the same thing or is there a lot more to it? I don't see the need to read it if it's the EXACT SAME in the anime.
luckyfoshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 06:27   Link #607
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfoshizzle View Post
I haven't read any of the novels yet, but I plan on it. And I was just wondering if it's worth it to read the chapters that anime is based on. Is it basically the same thing or is there a lot more to it? I don't see the need to read it if it's the EXACT SAME in the anime.
It's a lot more detailed than the anime, as in much more of what Kyon thinks is written out. Overall, the events unfold in the same way and it's a pretty nostalgic read. I read it anyway, it won't take long at all.
Old 2007-12-14, 19:01   Link #608
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
If you really want to understand Kyon's character more deeply, do read the novels. You can see the difference between the Kyon of the novels and Kyon of the anime. Its the best way to really understand the series as a whole, and besides, the novels are good.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 23:10   Link #609
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
If you really want to understand Kyon's character more deeply, do read the novels. You can see the difference between the Kyon of the novels and Kyon of the anime. Its the best way to really understand the series as a whole, and besides, the novels are good.
The novels are the best way to actually understand each characters personalities, even though its through Kyon's perspective. The anime actually does justice to the novels, and has a good representation of the world of Haruhi. But there are some details, that is not included and some scenes are different then of the novels.
Overall, it's impressive.

thank you
domo arigato
Old 2007-12-19, 21:33   Link #610
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Smile Merry Christmas :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Just want to wish everybody a HAPPY MERRY XMAS

May all your wishes comes true and enjoy the presents from everyone

Old 2007-12-23, 03:32   Link #611
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Couldn't they have given a present to me for my huge Haruhi withdrawals? I want novel 10 so bad!! I'm going to turn into the Christmas Screwdge this year.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 10:11   Link #612
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
My only question on that sneering bastard is how that Fujiwara has stated already that he has no concern about who holds the very power that can alter destiny. Whether or not if he is being an ungrateful defeatist isn't really much of a weighing factor from my perspective.

How would anyone know at this moment what the exact relationship between Kuyou Suou is to Fujiwara is at any rate? Nagato has very limited information about the Cosmic Canopy Domain. On that note, the only opposition faction that there's any level of sufficient understanding from members of the SOS Brigade would be Tachibana's group.

Sasaki, from how she has been portrayed, does not seem a fool and doesn't seem to be easily manipulated. The prospect of a forced coronation by the hands of these rather disjointed 'subjects' around her at this moment seems unlikely. Besides, Sasaki would be asking for extra work, should she carry out the mandate of 'betterment of humankind' which she does not see as her responsibility.

Sasaki is personally content with herself and the perpetual dull social machine that exists around her. There is no reason why she has to take any sort of reactionary response even on her personal behalf at this moment, and to me, she feels no obligation to do so for the masses. Sasaki, if anything, might be all the more interested in having Kyon's prime seat and have the power of the final say with a pen, for she is in an interesting and absurd time, and that pen allows an individual to render judgment across the boundary of spacetime without ever leaving the desk where you picked it up and began writing.
Sounds about right. I think this is probably why Kyon took notice of Sasaki in the first place.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 11:52   Link #613
xF e t u s
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to xF e t u s
I really want to read the manga. I love the series so much.
xF e t u s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 17:17   Link #614
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF e t u s View Post
I really want to read the manga. I love the series so much.
Don't read the manga. It was originally a light novel series. Check out:

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...uzumiya_Haruhi
TheRainbowConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:31   Link #615
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
The manga can't compare with the anime or the light novels.

light novels>anime>manga

Even the artwork in the light novel is better, mostly because theres not much of it.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 04:17   Link #616
Jintor

I'm running into problems with that proclamation, mainly because I don't speak Japanese. You always lose something in translation, no matter how hard you try.

The combination of decent translation subs + music + animation makes the anime the better for my tastes. But Book 4 of the Light Novel series was excellent, so...
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 04:23   Link #617
Xzero

I just started to read the novels, someone gave me that advice... the question is... must I continue? or wait to watch the second season?
Old 2007-12-24, 04:38   Link #618
Jintor

I think you're better off continuing. They are really good novels, after all. And decent translations.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 05:53   Link #619
Xzero

Now when I already started to read it, even if I want I canīt quit anymore ^^
Old 2007-12-25, 21:30   Link #620
Louie Louie

read the novels and continue to read it... you'll be surprised at yourself knowing that you can't stop reading it... and you know like other religions say "if you read the bible you'll be enlightened and you will be on the right path", it is the same in Haruhiism: "if you read the novel, your view of reality will change" something like that...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! Can't wait for the 10th volume...

do you think it will end on the 10th volume guys???
Louie Louie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga