AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-01-25, 14:11   Link #781
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
10 true espers? Any ideas on what a fake/false esper would be capable of? Maybe just the inability to transform, but still do stuff in closed space?

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 14:48   Link #782
RR642

I think the point trying to be made is that just because you are part of the organization doesn't make you an esper. There isn't any "fake" espers, either you're an esper with all the associated powers or you aren't an esper at all and have no powers (in other words a regular human). I suppose you could count someone like Nakagawa as a developing or potential esper rather than a true esper, but other than that the whole affair is pretty binary.

Take for example the student council president. I find it hard to believe he is an esper, yet if he is not counted as a fully fledged member of the organization he certainly works for them as an agent:

Spoiler for Vol. 8, Editor in Chief:
RR642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 15:42   Link #783
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
10 true espers? Any ideas on what a fake/false esper would be capable of? Maybe just the inability to transform, but still do stuff in closed space?
In Vol. 6, we see a half-esper called Nakagawa, who has the ability to see the Data Integrated Thought Entity when looking at a humanoid interface. This ends up breaking his mind slightly.

In Volume 7 and later Vol.9, we're introduced to Kyoko Tachibana, who is part of a rival organization centered around Sasaki rather than Haruhi. Presumably, she has the same powers as the "true" espers, just with Sasaki and her Closed Space as their focus.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 16:17   Link #784
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Oh yes, I remember Nakagawa, I loved that chapter, we had some Yuki character devlopment, just right at the last sentence XD. Would you believe that the espers with powers given to them by Haruhi would only be able go to the closed space Haruhi creates like Tachibana and Sasaki. Or do they do not have such a limit?

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-01-29, 04:16   Link #785
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
I have a question, wiki says the last novel will be released 31/1/2008 - is this confirmed or is it just speculation?
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 04:47   Link #786
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
I have a question, wiki says the last novel will be released 31/1/2008 - is this confirmed or is it just speculation?
It's just somebody trying to yank your chain.

My advice when getting information from Wikipedia is always this: Whenever you see questionable information (with no citation to prove it) pop up in an article, wait a while and then come back to see if someone's reverted it. If the article's been reverted, it was probably vandalism. If it hasn't, request proof on the talk page and refrain from spreading it around until you're absolutely sure.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:48   Link #787
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I have seen some Japanese sites confirming to this, although I am not about to get my hopes up completely.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 05:03   Link #788
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I have seen some Japanese sites confirming to this, although I am not about to get my hopes up completely.
Best not to believe anything until it's announced by Kadokawa Shoten. That's my philosophy.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 19:09   Link #789
Louie Louie

Hey everyone! you know i just watch the trailer for JUMPERS (film)... and i was thinking it would be nice if there is a faction for jumpers... haha... it would be great...

well, the faction for sliders wasn't mentioned yet but some evidence shows that there will be a slider... sigh~ i just wish they announce the release date already...
Louie Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 16:34   Link #790
isteb-isteb
Intergalactic Superhero

wow... they now have a SHnY translation in tagalog... and it's not the usual street lingo, mind you, but rather, a more scholarly and formal form of the language.

hoooy... pinoy ako...
isteb-isteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:16   Link #791
shaoron
AQS representative

@isteb
i dunno....
after reading it i got afraid... very very afraid...
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:30   Link #792
jvegas

After reading the novels over and over and over again, does anyone else feel the lack of development between the Kyon and Haruhi "relationship" I mean his strongest bond is with , I believe, Yuki Nagato, and with Book 7 hes gotten closer to Mikuru Asahina. I was really looking for more Kyon and Haruhi moments. Granted she did do the whole Chocolate thing, but still I would really like to see a side story or a moment where a)kyon saves haruhi (and she knows it was him) or b) haruhi saves kyon. I know im being vague here and very naive, but it totally feels like haruhi is just some "entity" that kyon has to deal with behind her back.
The argument can also be made that if he really didn't like her or what she's up to he would've left already. The fact that he sticks around does show that he cares, but I'd really like to see a more direct moments.
Please feel free to correct me if you believe I'm wrong, I'm just a fan of the series as a whole and was wondering if anyone else was seeing this the way I do.
jvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 10:07   Link #793
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I don't think than Haruhi is in a state where she could have a ''relationship''. She seem to be a little more open to the other peoples around, but getting a ''relationship'' might be a step too high for now. And for the Kyon could left already if he don't like Haruhi or her action'' he mign stay in the SOS brigade because of the group or because he enjoying is life as a SOS brigade member.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 14:42   Link #794
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvegas View Post
After reading the novels over and over and over again, does anyone else feel the lack of development between the Kyon and Haruhi "relationship" I mean his strongest bond is with , I believe, Yuki Nagato, and with Book 7 hes gotten closer to Mikuru Asahina. I was really looking for more Kyon and Haruhi moments. Granted she did do the whole Chocolate thing, but still I would really like to see a side story or a moment where a)kyon saves haruhi (and she knows it was him) or b) haruhi saves kyon. I know im being vague here and very naive, but it totally feels like haruhi is just some "entity" that kyon has to deal with behind her back.
The argument can also be made that if he really didn't like her or what she's up to he would've left already. The fact that he sticks around does show that he cares, but I'd really like to see a more direct moments.
Please feel free to correct me if you believe I'm wrong, I'm just a fan of the series as a whole and was wondering if anyone else was seeing this the way I do.
You're not the only one. It's starting to get stagnant, and I think the author is realizing this.

Hopefully Vol.10 will allay some of this.
Old 2008-02-21, 22:39   Link #795
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

The thing is that just because Kyon stays with Haruhi doesn;t necessarily mean that he like her. He could always say that he's only there because (No matter how cliche this is) is to "Save The World". He did it before after all. Though we know its rather obvious we can see the relationships of the SOS-Dan like such.

Kyon -> Haruhi = Love?
Kyon -> Yuki = He replies on her the most and trusts her the most out of all of them, is there love? Probably not; but of course there's always
Kyon -> Mikuru = Infatuation, Kyon is attracted to Mikuru like any healthy maturing male would
Kyon -> Koizumi = WTF? Yea there's been MANY yaoi aspects when we talk about the men of the SOS-Dan. Let's just keep it just what it is; Kyon dislikes Koizumi; from his smile to his long philosophic talks. But he generally views him as a friend; not necessarily a close one or trusted on.

Those are the basics; we all know them. But we keep on forgettign it sometimes.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-03-08, 14:56   Link #796
isteb-isteb
Intergalactic Superhero

i agree, the author seems to be beating around the bush quite a lot, going around in circles, taking forever to get to a point, whatever it is. it's still entertaining, though.
isteb-isteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 18:24   Link #797
Sol Falling

hm, you know how Book 1 was focused on Haruhi, then Book 4 was focused on Yuki, and Book 7 was focused on Mikuru? Following that pattern, it would have been about time for Koizumi to get some development, although he's not a girl and volume 10 was originally part of volume 9 so I guess I wouldn't be too sure of that. With the current state of volume 9, which seems to be focused on Sakaki in one universe and Haruhi in the other, I'd say there's a good chance for some romantic development to happen in volume 10. Though, I agree with what ganbaru said up there about how it doesn't seem like Haruhi could really be in a relationship the way she is now. I think part of it is how Kyon and Haruhi's relationship is basically defined by the SOS Brigade, so that Haruhi can't really show any respect or approval or basically liking of Kyon since she's supposed to be the Chief and he a lowly subordinate.

Ah, but if you're bored and looking for some romantic fanservice between them, just go read Volume 8 again. That scene where Haruhi jumps on top of Kyon to get the end of his story is pretty hilarious.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 22:57   Link #798
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I am now in despair at the lack of Volume 10 from my life.

Where the hell is it?

RELEASE SOMETHING, KADOKAWA!
Old 2008-03-08, 23:06   Link #799
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I need a partner to travel forward in time. Bring a weapon, I can't guanrantee your safety, I have only done this once before.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:14   Link #800
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I need a partner to travel forward in time. Bring a weapon, I can't guanrantee your safety, I have only done this once before.
Heh, nice reference there.

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga