AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-07, 15:12   Link #1161
NaweG
Just some guy

I'm probably going to regret this, but...

Given that July 7th is about a month away (I'm going to be on vacation from the 5th to the 11th anyway, so not like I'd get to watch it for a while), I'd have to think that there are TV schedules already published for the main channels. Goodness knows that Tivos usually go several weeks out and there are usually other options available.

Now, I wouldn't think Kyo and Kado would do something obvious like schedule an episode with the Haruhi name in it, but there ought to be some clue about some "Nameless Anime Series" being scheduled or a "TBD" at a time when the most likely channels normally show such things.

So, anyone with access to such willing and able to take a gander and see if we have any likely candidates?
Old 2008-06-07, 15:19   Link #1162
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I'm probably going to regret this, but...

Given that July 7th is about a month away (I'm going to be on vacation from the 5th to the 11th anyway, so not like I'd get to watch it for a while), I'd have to think that there are TV schedules already published for the main channels. Goodness knows that Tivos usually go several weeks out and there are usually other options available.

Now, I wouldn't think Kyo and Kado would do something obvious like schedule an episode with the Haruhi name in it, but there ought to be some clue about some "Nameless Anime Series" being scheduled or a "TBD" at a time when the most likely channels normally show such things.

So, anyone with access to such willing and able to take a gander and see if we have any likely candidates?
I think in this case they would, because they don't want people to miss the actual air date of the first episode and have a ratings disaster. I mean really as out there as Kadokawa can be with it's marketing campaigns, I don't think they are financially suicidal.

Honestly, it's just wishful thinking that the series is going to be airing on any given date without an announcement and some scheduling. Speculating that it will air this summer just out of blind faith and hope without anything to go on just sets one up for disappointment.
Old 2008-06-07, 17:48   Link #1163
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

I've been a disciple of Haruhi for about a year now, so I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this . . . but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is Haruhi Suzumiya Theater? Is it the radio show or something?

Last edited by Nappy Hared Azn; 2008-06-07 at 17:48. Reason: Forgot to add a question mark at the end . . .
Old 2008-06-07, 18:11   Link #1164
shaoron
AQS representative

TORTURE! TORTURE!!! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Spoiler for T3H TORTURE!:
have rolled the rick over nine thousand times
yet never gonna give you up
so as I sing, UNLIMITED RICKROLL WORKS
Old 2008-06-07, 18:16   Link #1165
justsomeguy

So we've all agreed that Canned Dogs was trolling, making up "translations," or passing on an intentionally misleading marketing campaign? That's good to know.
Old 2008-06-07, 18:23   Link #1166
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoron View Post
TORTURE! TORTURE!!! MAUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Spoiler for T3H TORTURE!:
Was this all from that July issue of Newtype?
I can see that they are changing the character designs to match how much time has passed from the first season. The only character that I can tell that had a dramatic (well not really dramatic) change in their design was Kyon. His hair sure looks messy now. Haruhi also has her hair growing long compared to the first season.

I don't know....since we all pretty much got an idea on what season 2 will be about, it might air sooner than we all thought...and don't forget, they are trying to make us think that Haruhi (if she was real) is making all of these advertising decisions...so we could be seeing season 2 earlier than we first all thought to be.
Old 2008-06-07, 18:44   Link #1167
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Lone Island Syndrome also originally involved Haruhi drinking.
Notice how those episodes sucked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
So we've all agreed that Canned Dogs was trolling, making up "translations," or passing on an intentionally misleading marketing campaign? That's good to know.
Wishful thinking. Other sites have reported the same thing, and that's what 2ch appears to be saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
For what it's worth, I still am holding out hope for this summer. Maybe we'll see an update for the site once the street date for this issue hits.
More wishful thinking, there. I don't see it coming out this summer, there's no time. More like next spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
I've been a disciple of Haruhi for about a year now, so I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this . . . but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is Haruhi Suzumiya Theater? Is it the radio show or something?
This insanity, written by Tanigawa as an odd kind of filler. No one knows when in series chronology it takes place. Act 3 should be out eventually, and I certainly hope it wraps up the insanity.
Old 2008-06-07, 18:48   Link #1168
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Was this all from that July issue of Newtype?
I can see that they are changing the character designs to match how much time has passed from the first season. The only character that I can tell that had a dramatic (well not really dramatic) change in their design was Kyon. His hair sure looks messy now. Haruhi also has her hair growing long compared to the first season.

I don't know....since we all pretty much got an idea on what season 2 will be about, it might air sooner than we all thought...and don't forget, they are trying to make us think that Haruhi (if she was real) is making all of these advertising decisions...so we could be seeing season 2 earlier than we first all thought to be.
more importantlly , what does it say ?
Old 2008-06-07, 19:41   Link #1169
brocko

Is the magazine even out yet? Or are all the images so far, just leaked ones?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-06-07, 19:42   Link #1170
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

XD anyone care to provide us with full translation of the article? We aren't all fluent in Japanese. I myself need to clear this muck off.. should I be rejoicing at the pictures or should I be all depressed just because of rumors of "reanimating".
Old 2008-06-07, 19:46   Link #1171
brocko

^ Don't kick yourself too much over the 'reanimating' bit. It's most likely just a red herring/gag they're playing on non-novel readers. I'd explain it to you, but then that would take away all the fun of watching the 2nd in the first place...

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-06-07, 19:58   Link #1172
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Translations probably won't be available until either the street date or until high-res scans are available (which also probably won't be until the street date).
Old 2008-06-07, 20:00   Link #1173
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

XD I've read up to volume 9. I just want to know maybe... if they are playing a joke on the "novel" readers...

Maybe all this is just a new animation style not the story.
Now, I think it's just a joke to non-novel readers though. "Konata is a non-novel reader"
Old 2008-06-07, 20:13   Link #1174
typhonsentra

The idea that it's a re-imagining of the series doesn't mesh at all with the images. They're (Almost) all of events in Volume 4.
Old 2008-06-07, 20:20   Link #1175
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
more importantlly , what does it say ?
Don't really know. I was just making assumptions.

But just like what everyone has been saying, its a diversion for those who don't read the Haruhi light novels and making them anticipate it more longer while the Haruhi fans who have already read the novels are just being provoked more by the useless advertising tactics that they are using for the second season.

Even though I have just read the 4th volume, which is disappearance because I really wanted to know what happens after the first season, I'm also pretty disappointed with the hype that they created for that issue of Newtype.
Old 2008-06-07, 22:32   Link #1176
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

That story was godly compared to some of the later short story arcs. Heck the first volume is several levels above the later stories, which frustratingly refuse to add anything really new to the narrative or to develop the characters to any significant degree. After they are introduced, Haruhi's characters unfortunately start to grow static very quickly.
Old 2008-06-07, 23:04   Link #1177
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
And how would showing the gang drinking alcohol have made any improvement to it? It had no real bearing on the plot at all. If anything, I thought the original story was weak to begin with, whether or not alcohol was involved.
Old 2008-06-08, 00:01   Link #1178
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That story was godly compared to some of the later short story arcs. Heck the first volume is several levels above the later stories, which frustratingly refuse to add anything really new to the narrative or to develop the characters to any significant degree. After they are introduced, Haruhi's characters unfortunately start to grow static very quickly.
I dunno, I think Yuki, Kyon, and Haruhi have gotten a huge amount of development.

Koizumi and Tsuruya, sadly, get almost none. Mikuru doesn't matter because we know she'll crack eventually and turn into her older self.

I might note that later volumes have added the Dark Brigade and some other fairly interesting concepts. Also, Vol. 7 is my favorite book so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
And how would showing the gang drinking alcohol have made any improvement to it? It had no real bearing on the plot at all. If anything, I thought the original story was weak to begin with, whether or not alcohol was involved.
Meh. It's more that I expect them to stick to the plot and not diverge like they did...

Also, the final scene in the book had actual Koizumi development, which, as I said above, is scarce. The anime, not so much.

(If it isn't obvious, Koizumi is my favorite character, so...)
Old 2008-06-08, 11:21   Link #1179
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Meh. It's more that I expect them to stick to the plot and not diverge like they did...

Also, the final scene in the book had actual Koizumi development, which, as I said above, is scarce. The anime, not so much.

(If it isn't obvious, Koizumi is my favorite character, so...)
Lone Island Syndrome was far from being the only episode where KyoAni's anime diverged significantly from the novel source, you know.

Spoiler for divergences from the novel:

Forgive me for being skeptical, but was KyoAni's divergence from the original Lone Island source really so unforgivable? If so, then at least 2 other episodes would have just as unforgivably diverged from the original source material.

Maybe there's another reason why you didn't like Lone Island? I myself think it's one of, if not the weakest SHnY episode too, if only for the same reason as Mirrinus.
Old 2008-06-08, 11:26   Link #1180
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Lone Island Syndrome was far from being the only episode where KyoAni's anime diverged significantly from the novel source, you know.

Spoiler for divergences from the novel:
I wouldn't call the first one a "divergence", more like they didn't exactly have the time to have the scene go on for as long as they said it did in the novels, so they just cut it down. The second one though... yeah, that was obviously done on purpose. But hey, it was a cool scene, so I'm not complaining.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen