AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 19:56   Link #6181
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic007 View Post
Ah, I'm from Quebec, so I speak french too and the Vol 10 is already on the market in French (not in Quebec ), so I just found it on internet.

Strange... Official french mangas are faster than fan traductions....
You can't imagine how much i envy you guys for that. I bought Sigma 1-4 translated to english from Singapore but thats all we can get. Rest is fan translations and so far they just cover the first 9 volumes. Sorry but you won't find any volumes past 10 within the next 3 month. After that time frame they should have catched up so look it up again in July or so
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 20:13   Link #6182
Nic007

Ok :P

I'm too much accustomed to series like bleach or naruto that are translated the day after..

I really want to see what happen next :'(
Nic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 22:43   Link #6183
thewinneher

so anyways, i've been monitoring this forum for the last couple of years on and off and finally decided to make an account. thank you to all of the translators, i'm not sure if you are still involved here or not anyways, i had a few questions...
would anyone happen to have a full list of all of the released novels/manga/side stories/ect ? and what all has been translated? that would be bomb diggity. and also, after reading ASBM, and then trying to watch the anime again, i've realized that the anime isn't even that great in comparison to the books. anyone with me?
thewinneher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 01:09   Link #6184
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
and also, after reading ASBM, and then trying to watch the anime again, i've realized that the anime isn't even that great in comparison to the books. anyone with me?
That's to be expected since some of the finer details that can't be shown in that format, especially the thoughts of the characters, were left out.
Old 2011-04-13, 09:28   Link #6185
seiichi-san

Send a message via MSN to seiichi-san
I've been reading this thread for the last week and I finally decided to create an account, I stumbled upon FMP on Netflix and I was totally sucked into the story when I watched the anime series. It is now one of my all time favorite so far.

I wanted to thank those who have done the translation of the novels to English. I read the last novel yesterday. I couldn't help myself I wanted to know how everything turned out. Now I will have to read the first 11 novels. LOL
seiichi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 11:42   Link #6186
Sakurayu

Hi! I just found you, and as I can see, your quite an informed group! (:

I'd like to ask you guys for some help, I've been searching for the fmp novell's English version for years! ( no lie ^^;; )

Does anyone have it? If one of you has it, can they please send it to me via mail.
I'd also like to ask if they're finished the series or not? Has it ended, or isn't still to be continued?
Unfortunantly, here, in Hungary, most people don't even know about these novells, and because of this I can't even get the information I need ( the right amount od information ). What I'd still like to know is, after the FMP! TSR series, are there any more animes to come? As for the novella it self, I'd like help, I'd line someone to senf it to me please! Because, I'd really like to read it already. ^///^ Thank you!

Last edited by Sakurayu; 2011-04-13 at 12:19.
Sakurayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 02:03   Link #6187
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurayu View Post
Hi! I just found you, and as I can see, your quite an informed group! (:

I'd like to ask you guys for some help, I've been searching for the fmp novell's English version for years! ( no lie ^^;; )

Does anyone have it? If one of you has it, can they please send it to me via mail.
I'd also like to ask if they're finished the series or not? Has it ended, or isn't still to be continued?
Unfortunantly, here, in Hungary, most people don't even know about these novells, and because of this I can't even get the information I need ( the right amount od information ). What I'd still like to know is, after the FMP! TSR series, are there any more animes to come? As for the novella it self, I'd like help, I'd line someone to senf it to me please! Because, I'd really like to read it already. ^///^ Thank you!
You have pm
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 21:40   Link #6188
illuminatus8

Nothing to see here!

Last edited by illuminatus8; 2011-07-31 at 00:28. Reason: Wiping links
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 22:35   Link #6189
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Okay so the fatal time of Japanese's epidemic although is very bad still
think we can get someone to do a japanese translation of the petition?

I hate to see this http://www.wix.com/fmpnation/petition#! go to waste...

Maybe this will boost their economy?
Old 2011-04-18, 11:50   Link #6190
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
Okay so the fatal time of Japanese's epidemic although is very bad still
think we can get someone to do a japanese translation of the petition?

I hate to see this http://www.wix.com/fmpnation/petition#! go to waste...

Maybe this will boost their economy?
I will gladly sign the petition. Thanks for sharing the link I will put on my favorite list. To think when I got my netflix account last month I kept passing FMP up to watch, because I thought it was going to be campy. Boy I was completely wrong.

Hopefully by everyone signing it we will see more FMP and it will help them rebuild their country. I know I doing my part by trying to by the novels. Oh and I had to get an arx-8 model.
Old 2011-04-18, 23:01   Link #6191
thewinneher

Does anyone have the first three novels online anywhere? cause seriously, that shits more expensive then crack to buy online and I can't find it anywhere
thewinneher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 09:58   Link #6192
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinneher View Post
Does anyone have the first three novels online anywhere? cause seriously, that shits more expensive then crack to buy online and I can't find it anywhere
I need to find them to now. I have decided I'm not going to pay $150+ for the novels.
Old 2011-04-19, 16:30   Link #6193
SeanAMI122886

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiichi-san View Post
I need to find them to now. I have decided I'm not going to pay $150+ for the novels.
Me too. A month ago they told me to wait till the end of March and they would be available on Print on Demand. I guess not.
SeanAMI122886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 17:02   Link #6194
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...shing-division

WTF
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 09:57   Link #6195
seiichi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
Wow, I'm guessing this is not a good thing. I wonder if they hold exculsive rights to the FMP novels.
Old 2011-04-22, 10:53   Link #6196
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Since the end of SBM I hadn't combe back here to finish the loose SBM sum-ups......Think it's not matter now.:P

But then we're going to have a new FMP Shorts novel, named "油断できない九死に一生って", released in June.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:23   Link #6197
FeistyDreams

I knew he was putting out a short story novel this year, but where's the title/release been announced? I can't find it anywhere... I need the release date and ISBN so I can put in an early order for it~ ^^
Old 2011-04-22, 21:31   Link #6198
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Since the end of SBM I hadn't combe back here to finish the loose SBM sum-ups......Think it's not matter now.:P

But then we're going to have a new FMP Shorts novel, named "油断できない九死に一生って", released in June.
YAY!!!!! This totally rissen my happy level...

wait...what does 油断できない九死に一生って mean? I hope it isnt a shortstory during the "fumoffu era"...like the white bonta..v.v...

am hoping for something after the finale, i mean common! What happen to their lives?!
Old 2011-04-24, 01:29   Link #6199
CiNtUrO-cHaN

I think it means something like "Narrowly escaping from death out of negligence" lol. promising.
CiNtUrO-cHaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 12:57   Link #6200
illuminatus8

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
YAY!!!!! This totally rissen my happy level...

wait...what does 油断できない九死に一生って mean? I hope it isnt a shortstory during the "fumoffu era"...like the white bonta..v.v...

am hoping for something after the finale, i mean common! What happen to their lives?!
The end is the end on this one, I think. There are literally no loose plot threads left hanging - all the antagonists are dead, and all the heroes and main support characters are paired up in ~tRuE LoVe~ (or at least nobody is going to be living under a bridge alone). What else do you need?

To continue would require either a tone shift (100% FUMOFFU/slice-of-life/romantic high school comedy) or a really terrible contrived series of events to resurrect Mithril in response to some global threat.

It's fine as it is - going back and telling more stories from the time of the original series can be fun (and there's plenty of history to fill in) but going forward is just going to devalue what has come before.
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen