AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-28, 14:33   Link #141
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That's quite amazing that we will be able to have the same voice actors that they had for the game for the anime
That's actually not all that uncommon these days. The two VN shows that aired this past season - Hoshizora and Oretsuba - kept their VAs. The same for a whole other set of VN-based shows that have aired recently (Fortune Arterial, Shukufuku no Campanella, Koihime Musou series...). The producers know people want to hear the original voices, and said voices are kept in. It should be assumed to be the norm rather than the exception.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 17:49   Link #142
Mazryonh

I wonder then what drives certain companies to use other voice actors instead for eroge-to-anime conversions. Princess Lover and Akane-iro Somaru Saka had anime adaptations that didn't use the original eroge voice actors, after all.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 19:25   Link #143
TJR

The idea is to use A-list voice actors to attract new fans. Traditionally, anime adaptations were coordinated to promote console versions of a visual novel, so expanding the fanbase was a goal.

Nowadays, it doesn't seem as big of a concern, maybe because console/handheld ports hardly sell.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 12:52   Link #144
Nanashi_1337

You can listen to the voice actors of Momoyo, Kokoro and Cookie (humanoid form) in the Majikoi S website to know how the voices of that characters will be in the anime. There's also three extra characters that only appear in Majikoi S, in case you're interested in buying that game.
Nanashi_1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 13:57   Link #145
Xacual

http://www.anime-majikoi.com/story/intro.html

The anime site has been updated a bit, but does anyone know what this says? I'm curious if it hints what route will be adapted.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 02:42   Link #146
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
http://www.anime-majikoi.com/story/intro.html

The anime site has been updated a bit, but does anyone know what this says? I'm curious if it hints what route will be adapted.
It's just a general introduction to the story, so sadly no hints of which routes it might lead to. For action-pure there's only the true ending-route as an option.

As for what's written in the text.
I've found it on some blog when I had looked for VN information of it.
"We spent the days among a casual group of friends, not knowing how precious these days were.
The second-year student of the Kawakami Academy, Naoe Yamato, had valuable friends.
Four boys and three girls. They’ve grown up together, doing silly things since they were small.
Many things happened, but they’re all still friends. It’s a comfortable atmosphere.
Two new members join the group, and their world gets even more rowdy.
All the girls in the group know martial arts and have samurai blood.
Don’t lose against the gallant girls, boys."
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 03:20   Link #147
Mentar
Banned

Majikoi would be one more anime which would benefit alot from an omnibus format. However, that would definitely require 2 seasons.

Is there any clear evidence if Majikoi will run over 1 or 2 seasons?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 12:51   Link #148
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Majikoi would be one more anime which would benefit alot from an omnibus format. However, that would definitely require 2 seasons.

Is there any clear evidence if Majikoi will run over 1 or 2 seasons?
I honestly think that Majikoi would be better if it stuck to a more general non romantic plot. The main draw of the game to me was the interactions of their group.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 13:00   Link #149
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Yeah the romance in the story was not its strong point...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 13:42   Link #150
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

That's why the anime should stick with the True End route of the Visual Novel. There's no romance focus, much more action and the overall character development in the foreground instead of YamatoXGirl. No spoilers are included.
Old 2011-07-22, 14:10   Link #151
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I honestly think that Majikoi would be better if it stuck to a more general non romantic plot. The main draw of the game to me was the interactions of their group.
I don't quite agree. The strength was that each girl gained alot in their respective paths. GoIng generic only would preclude most of them, and that would leave them flat in a pure action comedy...
Old 2011-07-22, 14:19   Link #152
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

It's much easier to pad out the general route with those developments form the side routes though then to try an omnibus format (Which honestly won't happen unless you want a rushed adaption of everything).
Old 2011-07-22, 14:30   Link #153
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's much easier to pad out the general route with those developments form the side routes though then to try an omnibus format (Which honestly won't happen unless you want a rushed adaption of everything).
I don't think so. The point is that in most routes, the "opening up" was the direct result of Yamato's relentless and girl-exclusive pursuit. If they rewrite the story to the typical trite "everybody loves Yamato hareming around, I'm gonna hurl. Think Chris, for example...
Old 2011-07-22, 14:38   Link #154
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Don't friends often open up to each other? One thing that was a bit clear about it all the way through the prologue of the VN is how close they were and tight knip a group of friends. No romantic interest is necessary to get that development.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-22, 17:04   Link #155
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Having no love in the anime contradicts with the name of the entire show. I think they will probably combine stuff from each route and make somewhat of a harem anime unfortunately, or make few of the girls to fall in love at least. But honestly I would rather see the interesting parts from the routes then simply Yamato chasing skirts and going into generic ''fall on girl's boobs'' scenes that we have so many today. Remember Yuuki's path and the huge tournament? That would be awesome to see in anime.
Old 2011-07-22, 17:27   Link #156
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Having no love in the anime contradicts with the name of the entire show. I think they will probably combine stuff from each route and make somewhat of a harem anime unfortunately, or make few of the girls to fall in love at least. But honestly I would rather see the interesting parts from the routes then simply Yamato chasing skirts and going into generic ''fall on girl's boobs'' scenes that we have so many today. Remember Yuuki's path and the huge tournament? That would be awesome to see in anime.
I'd like to see the war-like tournament of Momoya's route in the anime .
As for girls to fall in love: Obviously Miyako as competitor no. 1. Her huuuuuge affection (or even obsession?) was apparent in every route of the Visual Novel. After that it really depends on how much the anime makers dig into the respective girl's stories.
Personally, I loved Kazuko's route and the cuteness + dynamic between Yamato and her, but this is a bit off-topic I fear.
Old 2011-07-23, 09:38   Link #157
tsunade666

Is harem end will be good for this one? or a no girl ended up with type. I'm not sure but when I'm playing the game I enjoy most when they are all together and I also enjoy when Yamato was with a girl or on a girls route but personally if they will be taking a route to ended up with I wish it will be Chris but still having a no girls to ended up with in a VN adaptation will be a new thing for me because I haven't encountered one yet. They always ended up with a either a forceful one or a good girl to ended up with. And I don't like a Momoyo ending <.< it's nice and all but nee-san is nee-san
Old 2011-07-25, 00:39   Link #158
Belgaesh

The thing I like the most in this series is The Kazama Familie, and their friendship. But that doesn't mean that I don't like the romance, I also love it.

I think an anime of this serie would have to focus on the friendship of the familes, and then so develop the love for one of the heroines, which I hope is Momoyo nee-san. It would also be great if they focused on the True Route, which has more fights and the story develpos itself more.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:23   Link #159
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz

Old 2011-08-16, 03:45   Link #160
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
^First image... Onee-san, in all her glory. I really hope they don't mess this up. Hope Yamato stays more normal then how he is shown in later parts of the game.

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen