AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-29, 21:55   Link #481
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
lol at the new chapter. Someone was butt hurt at the fans reaction for sure.
A classic case of "be careful of what you say."
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 00:05   Link #482
ZODDGUTS

Seriously, I mean wow. Didn't even try to make it subtle, she just went straight for the kill.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 07:53   Link #483
Freeter
beyond

Pissed off author and evil Nagi? I think I'm actually going to start following this series now
Old 2011-08-02, 04:26   Link #484
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The really great part though, is that unlike in other cases where authors have done a Gaiden/Special chapter to ease us back into the story, the author goes straight for the action/plot here. Very nice.
Old 2011-08-05, 00:12   Link #485
GoGetMyShotgun

Wow...it's like the author decided to give a big middle finger to those idiot fans. Nice.
Looking forward to how the story unfolds from here.

"Don't leave me alone anymore." ~ Billionaire Girl
GoGetMyShotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 07:01   Link #486
ZODDGUTS

Let's hope she doesn't have an "illness" again if the fans react.
Old 2011-08-06, 16:57   Link #487
ShiroiRyu

YEY !
New chapter out in scantrad !\o/
And yes, evil Nagi. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 18:21   Link #488
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I think I'm more surprised at the fact the editors gave the ok to the whole thing. Haha
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 18:39   Link #489
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nagi is back!
Old 2011-08-07, 10:36   Link #490
NeoFireHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
lol at the new chapter. Someone was butt hurt at the fans reaction for sure.
The problem with what Takenashi did with chapter 37 is that she completely denies any credibility to the press release that said that the hiatus was caused solely because of the author's health problems and had absolutely nothing to do with the fan controversy. Now we now that the fan backlash definitively affected her, the question is: how much?
It would really be interesting to see how much volume six of the manga sold compared with the rest and how the controversy affected the manga sales. Does anybody here happens to know these sales numbers, by any chance?
NeoFireHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 10:53   Link #491
Tenchi Hou Take

Retarded fan backlash is retarded. It's like they don't even read the freaking manga. This entire thing was so heavily hinted at near the begining of the manga that you'd be blind to miss it.

She told Jin's childhood friend she had someone she liked that wasn't Jin. Meaning if that were true which at the time it was implied to be true it would have to be someone she met well before she met Jin. Considering the doubt over her memory it was very likely she had a relationship with that person.

Throughout reading this manga the posssibility should at least have been apparant. Anyway Nagi's dark side mode was logical progression of the story and very likely could have been planned from the begining, considering it's a good way to explain precisely what these demons are and it's been leading up to this for a while.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 12:54   Link #492
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Retarded fan backlash is retarded. It's like they don't even read the freaking manga. This entire thing was so heavily hinted at near the begining of the manga that you'd be blind to miss it.

She told Jin's childhood friend she had someone she liked that wasn't Jin. Meaning if that were true which at the time it was implied to be true it would have to be someone she met well before she met Jin. Considering the doubt over her memory it was very likely she had a relationship with that person.

Throughout reading this manga the posssibility should at least have been apparant. Anyway Nagi's dark side mode was logical progression of the story and very likely could have been planned from the begining, considering it's a good way to explain precisely what these demons are and it's been leading up to this for a while.
Repeated for Great Truth -- a person would have to have been "dumber than mud" to have not seen these things. However, we're talking about a small group of dimwits who are seriously disconnected from reality, they are unable to appreciate how others think or feel, and have the emotional temperament of a two year old. There... that's my rant for the day.

Fight on to tell the story you want to tell, manga-ka.
Old 2011-08-08, 00:53   Link #493
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I still think a good chunk of the controversy was driven by trolling. Internet fuckwadry seems like the kind of thing that could cross cultural boundaries, and for some reason I find the existence of internet trolls easier to accept than the existence of people who are actually that screwed up.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-08, 03:32   Link #494
mols

Hahaha,
fun chapter indeed. I did not expect "dark Nagi" to be this dark actually. One single chapter and she is gone all the way to the dark side! I do feel a little uneasy about that because, how on Earth can she be turned back to the light side after such a massacre? unless all those bodies were just unconscious... and really, now Jin must really realize that Zange was not to be trusted... I almost expected Jin to say "screw all this, Zange get lost and never come back".
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 18:53   Link #495
taichi-kun

Dark Nagi is back but really I think the evil one here is Zangue

Now I can't remember or I'm confused.. but ozuma is deity nagi or normal nagi's boyfriend ???

I don't mind if nagi is virgin or not, anyways she is always like a slut because she needs fans to live.

The author should tell more about nagi's past and why ozuma is darkness..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 19:25   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Now I can't remember or I'm confused.. but ozuma is deity nagi or normal nagi's boyfriend ???
Well Ozuma was sealed away around the same time as deity Nagi and normal Nagi has only existed since Jin crafted her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I still think a good chunk of the controversy was driven by trolling. Internet fuckwadry seems like the kind of thing that could cross cultural boundaries, and for some reason I find the existence of internet trolls easier to accept than the existence of people who are actually that screwed up.
Oh that's definitely the case, from what I was told at the time the majority of 2ch were dissing the fuck out of the "Nagi is a slut" whiners, and rather harshly too boot. The entire Nagi is a slut thing just got out of control like a meme, majority of people saying it were trolling. Didn't stop some western fans thinking that the entirety of 2ch were on a crusade against this lolol... it would like if Japan saw everyone saying that "Leave Britney alone" meme from back in the day and thought everyone was joining the crusade to stop the media from harassing Britney Spears.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 13:09   Link #497
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Did Zange always have titties that big? It seemed like they grew double in size during those last two pages.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 13:56   Link #498
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c38:
Old 2011-11-10, 00:02   Link #499
ZODDGUTS

She better not defile her. The series at least needs to have one pure girl.
Old 2011-11-10, 07:34   Link #500
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God... what is the world coming to?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, shounen