AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 13:35   Link #1
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
[Manga] Next Power up..

So it is very apparent that Ichigo is in need of a power up for the upcoming winter battle. I am curious to see where everyone thinks that power to compete will come from.

A vizard release?

another release after bankai?

adopting more than just a vizard mask?
Old 2007-09-15, 14:30   Link #2
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I Think Nell will give Ichigo her power. its just a hunch but I doubt it. Maybe he will be able to use his Vizard more.
Old 2007-09-15, 14:56   Link #3
Irkalla
I asked for this

Yeah, since teamwork won't do I guess a power up is necessary.
But before that, I'm curious what the "royal family" has to offer.
Old 2007-09-15, 16:46   Link #4
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Yeah, since teamwork won't do I guess a power up is necessary.
But before that, I'm curious what the "royal family" has to offer.
You know for a while now I have been thinking that the kurosakis have somethingto do with the royal family. Either they ar part of the fam or their gaurd who I think have to be as or more powerful than captains. Just a hunch.
Old 2007-09-15, 16:56   Link #5
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

I just want Ichigo to learn something new from Zangetsu. All he's done is spam GT and KGT. I'd like to think it has stages like Byakuyas or something.
Old 2007-09-15, 17:58   Link #6
tbl
Affably Evil

Power up from anger, maybe Orihime's death. Then berserk mode.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-09-15, 18:08   Link #7
shouri

Send a message via MSN to shouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Power up from anger, maybe Orihime's death. Then berserk mode.
Too bad Aizen wants her powers.

I have this feeling that none of the main characters will die.
Old 2007-09-15, 21:46   Link #8
Iknowwhatyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
I just want Ichigo to learn something new from Zangetsu. All he's done is spam GT and KGT. I'd like to think it has stages like Byakuyas or something.
Playing Mugen revealed something to me. Ichigo has this skill where he shoots out two fire pheniox things as he jump and attack and a weird skill where he rolls in the air slashing like a hedgehog.
Old 2007-09-15, 21:46   Link #9
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqi View Post
You know for a while now I have been thinking that the kurosakis have somethingto do with the royal family. Either they ar part of the fam or their gaurd who I think have to be as or more powerful than captains. Just a hunch.
Yeah me too. I'm really curious about Isshin's past, whether he is a former captain or who knows what... I hope Kubo will reveal something after this hm arc (which I think will end quite soon)
Old 2007-09-16, 00:39   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Spoiler for Just to be safe:

Last edited by Luminion Lancer; 2007-09-16 at 00:50.
Old 2007-09-16, 01:47   Link #11
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this is just a hunch but what if Ichigo's dad gives him his power like Rukia did at the start of the anime O_o can that happen?
Old 2007-09-16, 09:25   Link #12
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
logical next powerup:

somebody shows ichigo how to use hollow powers... and yes i think that would be nell, and in some way it is lame because its the same thing as with yourichi in ss arc, but i dont think anything else would make sense, that would be ok with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
this is just a hunch but what if Ichigo's dad gives him his power like Rukia did at the start of the anime O_o can that happen?
at that time isshin has not revived his powers iirc, i think that the outcome(=beeing 0wned by byakuya and after that exploring his own powers) would be the same, but we would have seen senbonzakura a little earlier
Old 2007-09-16, 10:26   Link #13
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
logical next powerup:

somebody shows ichigo how to use hollow powers... and yes i think that would be nell, and in some way it is lame because its the same thing as with yourichi in ss arc, but i dont think anything else would make sense, that would be ok with me
I'm thinking the same way. As of now, he doesn't really know how to use any hollow powers, so learning how to enhance his mask-wearing self is the next logical step.
Old 2007-09-16, 15:26   Link #14
Blaat

Quote:
somebody shows ichigo how to use hollow powers... and yes i think that would be nell, and in some way it is lame because its the same thing as with yourichi in ss arc
This entire arc has been basically the same as the SS arc, adding another similarity to it doesn't change much.
Old 2007-09-16, 15:32   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
logical next powerup:

I don't know.Arrancar powers and vizard powers are similar but don't really work the same way. Copy pasta arc or not, it doesn't seem like Nell would be suitable to train Ichigo on things like how to keep mask on longer and controlling his hollow since arrancar don't even deal with these issues.

Also, they don't train to improve like shinigami and vizard. Instead, they devour other hollow why they are still menos. That determines their strength when they become arrancar. They rely on their natural strength both to fight and get stronger, so it is hard to see one training anyone.

I'm thinking Zangetsu, Urahara, Isshin or the vizard will help Ichigo get his next power-up.
Old 2007-09-16, 20:22   Link #16
Naruto_spartan
epic hero

Location: In a place in the mountins of Europe, a place where legends still spring in the world of modern man.
I don't really think that he has very much time to get a powerup. If he does it should be one that happens fast, because time is not on his side.
Ichigo's best chance is to learn how to use hollow techiques from Nell.
Spoiler for spoiler manga:

I also think that he might develop a better Bankai, like one with armor or something.
Old 2007-09-16, 20:40   Link #17
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_spartan View Post
I also think that he might develop a better Bankai, like one with armor or something.
a bankai can provide many ways to fight and i hope ichigo will learn more "moves" or something like that, at least other bankai user also show different abilities to use their bankai, and it would be really nice to see such a thing since we dont really "see" his speed increase because his enemies are stronger and let his bankai look weak because we dont really witness it
Old 2007-09-16, 21:09   Link #18
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

He's going to learn how to fire a Cero eventually, so maybe there are more hollow techniques that the Vaizard know and will teach him. I like the idea of him learning something new from Zangetsu, he needs some air time.
Old 2007-09-16, 21:18   Link #19
ellifeedn
Thinker

I don't know what another powerup would be (and I don't really know why everyone is so fixated on Ichigo). Vizards would obviously help him with his mask time limit. There is speculation that they can materialize and use their hollow body like how a shinigami uses bankai, so a powerup could theoretically be that.

If you want Nel to teach him so badly, why not have her teach him how to use hollow powers like cero or that one that can allow travel to and from Hueco Mundo (garganta I think?). Or how about heirro(?) which I think allows hollows to toughen their skin?
Old 2007-09-16, 21:29   Link #20
Rehwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I don't know what another powerup would be (and I don't really know why everyone is so fixated on Ichigo). Vizards would obviously help him with his mask time limit. There is speculation that they can materialize and use their hollow body like how a shinigami uses bankai, so a powerup could theoretically be that.

If you want Nel to teach him so badly, why not have her teach him how to use hollow powers like cero or that one that can allow travel to and from Hueco Mundo (garganta I think?). Or how about heirro(?) which I think allows hollows to toughen their skin?
Those are the type of hollow things I'd expect him to learn from Nel, if he does in fact learn from her.

Honestly though, I'd like to perhaps see Ichigo + friends actually working as a team for once, all on a similar level of strength instead of just Ichigo continually getting stronger. Maybe that's just me though...
Closed Thread