Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-16, 18:18   Link #1
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Looking for some VN Suggestions

I'm trying to find a new VN to play. What I'm looking for is a game that allows to user to feel like they have a tangible effect on the story and that their decisions affect what the ending of the story is. Here's a list of VNs I've played so far:

Snow Sakura: First VN, was nice but nothing special
YMK: Couldn't really get into it. I got bored about 2/3 of the way through the president's route and I wasn't particularly interested in the two other girls. I might pick it up again if people recommend it.
Crescendo: Enjoyed this one quite a bit.
Kana Imouto: Hated it. Felt like I was being forced into playing a character I didn't like.
Narcissu: Loved this. Obviously it's not a VN with choices so I'm not looking for something similar right now but I thought it was great.
CLANNAD: I thought clannad was amazing. Absolutely loved it from beginning to end.
FSN: I'm currently working my way through this and I'm not enjoying it. I feel like I'm being railroaded onto a predetermined path and it's become more of a game of "guess the right answer out of 3" rather than allowing me to actually choose where I go with the story.

I'm indifferent on adult content as far as that goes. No hardcore rape or anything like that although if it's on the level of crescendo that's acceptable. If there's no adult content that's fine too. I really enjoyed CLANNAD and Narcissu neither of which had any h-scenes at all. No blood related brother/sister incest either please.
Old 2010-12-16, 22:19   Link #2
jdennis007

i don't know if it fits or not because it is more of a strategy VN but try Koihime Musou. There is a demo of it on the Mangagamer website, the 18+ section that is.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:34   Link #3
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Try ever 17 : out of infinity, the best VN ever.
and since you like CLANNAD maybe you can play another key's game, little buster is a good one...

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
Old 2010-12-17, 01:15   Link #4
Rednanaki

Although there are no choices to be made, you should Planetarian if you liked Clannad. It's an apocalyptic setting and is pretty "sad."
Old 2010-12-19, 14:49   Link #5
Illegal Goddess
armored rose

Ever 17 is a good choice, it's not too hardcore, not too soft, offers a lot of interesting plot directions, you also have many, many forks along the way.
If you aren't squicked by horror level blood and gore, try Saya no Uta, it's short but brilliant.
Closed Thread