AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-21, 13:11   Link #61
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaer View Post
@ultraviolet: can you please show me where it says koichi prefers hirofume for Mayumi? I've never read that and I've read all of the chapters except morisaki's. based on what I've seen there's nothing to say he prefers hirofume over katsuto.
I remember reading somewhere in the Ln that Koichi prefers Hirofone over Katsuto over because hes a weaker person, but I cant remember where. Ill post it when I get some more time to skim read the ln to find it. I did however find this in double seven, chp 10:

Quote:
Mayumi knew of the rumors that cast her as one of the potential marriage candidates for Katsuto. On the surface, their relationship was definitely not what people on the outside believed it to be. In fact, people more in the know about Magicians would actually find that rumor to be preposterous. In truth, the Saegusa and Juumonji Families had discussed this matter. Currently, when compared to the Juumonji Family, it was the Itsuwa Family with their 20-year old head of house that seemed more welcoming to that idea. Setting aside the Juumonji Family for the moment, the Saegusa Family had no plans to put in motion any real union between Mayumi and Katsuto, but the rumors would be correct in terms of the word “candidate”.
Hopefully posting this doesn't count as shipping. I'm not shipping here, after all.

@kusabireika: Nice avatar
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 13:31   Link #62
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Hopefully posting this doesn't count as shipping. I'm not shipping here, after all.
Discussing what the novels say about potential marriage partners for the characters doesn't count as shipping. (Just to clarify. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 16:36   Link #63
nosaer

Quote:
Mayumi knew of the rumors that cast her as one of the potential marriage candidates for Katsuto. On the surface, their relationship was definitely not what people on the outside believed it to be. In fact, people more in the know about Magicians would actually find that rumor to be preposterous. In truth, the Saegusa and Juumonji Families had discussed this matter. Currently, when compared to the Juumonji Family, it was the Itsuwa Family with their 20-year old head of house that seemed more welcoming to that idea. Setting aside the Juumonji Family for the moment, the Saegusa Family had no plans to put in motion any real union between Mayumi and Katsuto, but the rumors would be correct in terms of the word “candidate”.
I remember that passage...

so basically the Itsuwa family wants Mayumi
Mayumi doesn't want them (or Hirofume to be more precise)
Her and katsuto can potentially be wed even though they are currently not in a relationship...nothing new really lol.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 00:21   Link #64
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:

Her and katsuto can potentially be wed even though they are currently not in a relationship...nothing new really lol.
Off course they want mayumi, the only reason they are in the 10MC is because of Mio and she doesn't have long to go.So marring hirofume to mayumi willl give them the power and the relations they need to say at top.

But i doubt koichi will marry her to hirofume or katsuto. First choice the saegusa have nothing to gain by doing that as for katsuto he is not a push over so he can manipulate and he already expressed oppositions to his current plans as well as mayumi.
He will try to hook up tatsuya and mayumi when he will find out about his yotsuba affiliations and his powers , far to good an option for koichi not to try something like that. Besides his lineage and his powers marring mayumi to tatsuya and trying to draw him to the saegusa fits his plan of reducing the yotsuba power.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 01:01   Link #65
Chris38

^ Personally, while I could see Koichi trying to do that ... I doubt that he is going to be successful in that attempt.

It's not because Mayumi is from the Saegusa clan, but rather due to Tatsuya's status within the Yotsuba ... which still contains some mysteries, in my opinion at least.

Basically, I think that any request to marry Tatsuya to some other clans, is going to be denied by the Yotsuba and since I don't think that Koichi has any trump cards that could convince them to change their decision (at least nothing like that has been revealed so far) ... I don't think that a tactic like that would be a particularly successful one...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 01:57   Link #66
Echizen777

Why would he try to strengthen the Yotsuba , Koichi's problem is his obsession with Maya, it needs to be fixed if you want something like this to happen. True they have nothing to gain by marrying her with Hirofumi or Katsuto but it is regular to marry between these families so that the Master Clans will keep their power.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 02:20   Link #67
IceHism

Well, Maya is not some dumb girl on the street. Why would she allow Tatsuya to marry into Mayumi's family , and even if Maya couldn't order him around, what motive does Miyuki have to allow the marriage? Just because Miyuki is just tolerant of her clan, doesn't mean she is going to weaken them on purpose. It would go completely against her agenda to weaken her own clan seeing as she is gonna be the next heir... And how is Tatsuya gonna accept the proposal? He can't just make these decisions just cause he wanted to. Even then, marrying into Saegusa = less time he can protect Miyuki. There are agendas clashing all over the place.

And Koichi isn't gonna let Mayumi marry into another family and let her drop her name so.....
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 10:46   Link #68
Ultraviolet X

Quote:

Quote:
The bolded was why I quoted the paragraph, this quote is telling us the Saegusa have no real plans to push for a marriage between Mayumi and Katsuto.

As for the other, I skimmed through but couldn't find any mention of Koichi having a preference in who Mayumi is married off too, it was an assumption on my part that he'd prefer Hirofume since hes easier to manipulate, Koichi is probly still weighing the options to see which gains him more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Well, Maya is not some dumb girl on the street. Why would she allow Tatsuya to marry into Mayumi's family , and even if Maya couldn't order him around, what motive does Miyuki have to allow the marriage? Just because Miyuki is just tolerant of her clan, doesn't mean she is going to weaken them on purpose. It would go completely against her agenda to weaken her own clan seeing as she is gonna be the next heir... And how is Tatsuya gonna accept the proposal? He can't just make these decisions just cause he wanted to. Even then, marrying into Saegusa = less time he can protect Miyuki. There are agendas clashing all over the place.

And Koichi isn't gonna let Mayumi marry into another family and let her drop her name so.....
1) Said it yourself, Maya might fear Tatsuya is getting harder to control, and just get rid of him -speculation
2) Miyuki doesn't have any say in the matter, she is not even confirmed to be the next head of the yotsuba and the only reason she may be is because of Tatsuya. Maya is the clan head - Fact
3) Miyuki doesn't know about the plan to make her the next head to control tatsuya, even Maya's guardian didn't know Maya planned for that untill she mentioned it to him in the reminiscence arc, and she obviously had things planned well before then. - Fact
4) Tatsuya would do anything if he thinks its beneficial for Miyuki's safety - Fact
5) Miyuki currently has another guardian who has been proven competent, and one obviously groomed to replace him - Fact

Miyuki isn't a factor if either Maya and/or Koichi wants to marry Mayumi and Tatsuya. It comes down to Tatsuya (He can stop it if he didn't want to go through with it) and either Koichi or Maya, if one of them didn't want it to take place.

Either way, theres still some unknowns about Tatsuya, Ln 13 has made that much clear. And while Tatsuyas abilities and aliases remain an unknown, he wouldn't even be worth considering for Koichi to marry Mayumi and him together.And theres always the chance Koichi makes his decision on who to marry Mayumi off to before he learns anything of import about Tatsuya.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-05-22 at 11:22. Reason: Added last quote & answer
Old 2014-05-22, 16:03   Link #69
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

i agree with ultraviolet X, we know for a fact that n her monologue miyuki stated that sometime in the near future she will have to marry, and that is not something she can just say no its something that's gonna happen, that statement just shows that if the yotsuba will decide to marry them there's there's really no option to say no unless they go against the clan.

Its the sane for mayiumi its not like she has much say beyond the "take your pick" from a set of candidates prepared in advanced , or just 1 depending on the arrangement the 2 clans have in place.

Bottom line is the mayumi x tatsuya option has been out since volume 4 and has not been denied yet or even hinted against it, more so for the last 9 volumes we saw mayumi and tatsuya's relationship getting closer and closer with each passing volume.
Old 2014-05-22, 22:38   Link #70
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

It is also a fact that Tatsuya decides to do anything to spoil his sister rotten, despite of the odd.
Volume 4 also states that and has not been denied yet or even hinted against it.
If Miyuki is not pleased with the arrange marriage, it won't succeed.

Beside, it is not "Tatsuya married into the Saegusa", it is "Mayumi married into the Yotsuba". You are weakling, you have no right to say in this matter Saegusa!!!

Anyway, i will ask you a simple question, Mayumi's fanatic fans: Why do you think she deserves Tatsuya?
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-22, 22:40   Link #71
IceHism

Quote:
1) Said it yourself, Maya might fear Tatsuya is getting harder to control, and just get rid of him -speculation
2) Miyuki doesn't have any say in the matter, she is not even confirmed to be the next head of the yotsuba and the only reason she may be is because of Tatsuya. Maya is the clan head - Fact
3) Miyuki doesn't know about the plan to make her the next head to control tatsuya, even Maya's guardian didn't know Maya planned for that untill she mentioned it to him in the reminiscence arc, and she obviously had things planned well before then. - Fact
4) Tatsuya would do anything if he thinks its beneficial for Miyuki's safety - Fact
5) Miyuki currently has another guardian who has been proven competent, and one obviously groomed to replace him - Fact

Miyuki isn't a factor if either Maya and/or Koichi wants to marry Mayumi and Tatsuya. It comes down to Tatsuya (He can stop it if he didn't want to go through with it) and either Koichi or Maya, if one of them didn't want it to take place.

Either way, theres still some unknowns about Tatsuya, Ln 13 has made that much clear. And while Tatsuyas abilities and aliases remain an unknown, he wouldn't even be worth considering for Koichi to marry Mayumi and him together.And theres always the chance Koichi makes his decision on who to marry Mayumi off to before he learns anything of import about Tatsuya.
I feel like the conclusion you reached is a bit confusing and vague here, i'll go through what i think of your points.

1) Maya getting rid of Tatsuya won't be to marry him into another family. Even then, they would just try to control him even harder IF he gets difficult. There's no point for Maya to keep saying "As long as he's miyuki's guardian, he can't possibly betray the Yotsuba family." if they didn't intend to keep him. Just look at Mitsugu's attitude and how he says Tatsuya should be locked up according to volume 13.

2) i guess i jumped the gun on this one. This point needs more context from the story to make any conclusion if Miyuki has some discretion or not.

3) Maya's guardian isn't Hayama, He is the Yotsuba's head butler. Either way, it doesn't matter if Miyuki doesn't know about the plan. Miyuki is still aiming to become the clan head as that is what she had been raised to do since childhood. Maya still intends to put Miyuki as the heir. Both Miyuki's and Maya's plans concur with each other's even if Miyuki doesn't know it. Miyuki weakening her own clan would be dumb if she herself, regardless of Maya, intends to become the head.

4) You forgot her happiness as well. That is just as important as her safety. If Miyuki threw a hardcore tandrum at the thought of Tatsuya going away, Tatsuya would obey her and stay with her as he has no strong emotions tied to anything else. You already saw a hint of this in volume 13 when Miyuki threatened to seal Tatsuya's and her own magic to prevent a tired Tatsuya from fighting parasites that could lead to magic overuse or defeat and his death.

5) Assuming Maya is the current head, Miyuki would never ever release Tatsuya from being her guardian. No one else can decide whether Tatsuya is her guardian or not. Not even Maya could. Unless you want Tatsuya dead of course.

Sure it's possible that Koichi could choose Tatsuya as Mayumi's political partner. BUT, this means Tatsuya taking the Saegusa name. I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to find a reason why any of the Yotsuba including Tatsuya himself would approve or agree with this proposal.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 07:52   Link #72
real123

Isn't it strange that mayumi never had a boyfriend until now I mean with the many proposals mentioned in volume 2 you'd think she'll meet one person she can go out with
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:23   Link #73
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
Isn't it strange that mayumi never had a boyfriend until now I mean with the many proposals mentioned in volume 2 you'd think she'll meet one person she can go out with
I think on her status she can only date her fiancee,which she hasn't chosen yet,see Isori and Kanon (they are dating and already engaged)
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:28   Link #74
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
It is also a fact that Tatsuya decides to do anything to spoil his sister rotten, despite of the odd.
Volume 4 also states that and has not been denied yet or even hinted against it.
If Miyuki is not pleased with the arrange marriage, it won't succeed.

Beside, it is not "Tatsuya married into the Saegusa", it is "Mayumi married into the Yotsuba". You are weakling, you have no right to say in this matter Saegusa!!!
I don't think spoiling his sister includes stopping a marriage as long as he is ok with it. I agree that it's not Tatsuya who will have to change his name though. I don't want an arranged marriage between these two either.

Quote:
Anyway, i will ask you a simple question, Mayumi's fanatic fans: Why do you think she deserves Tatsuya?
Do you need to be worthy of something to be in couple with someone? I explained why I like Mayumi and that pairing in an earlier post anyway.

Quote:
Her status. She has many marriage proposals and is popular. She must think that it's useless to date someone since she will be forced to marry another one. For Isori and Kanon it works because they are both from the 100 families, same with Mari and Naotsugu but it would be complicated for her.
Old 2014-05-23, 11:25   Link #75
Ultraviolet X

I think ill drop out of the marriage topic if its regarding Tatsuya, its getting dangerously close to shipping.

Quote:
I never found that part strange. She's aware she going to have an arranged marriage someday, so there would be no point.

Btw, does anyone else think theres any chances Mayumi will get involved in the Saegusa vs Yotsuba conflict, or just remain on the sidelines?
Old 2014-05-23, 11:26   Link #76
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
I think on her status she can only date her fiancee,which she hasn't chosen yet,see Isori and Kanon (they are dating and already engaged)
Mayumi has been on many dates with Hirofume, yet they are not engaged. so this assumption is incorrect.

as for everyone else's speculation on Maya/Tatsuya/Miyuki...I find it to be pretty difficult for Maya to just dispose of Tatsuya because
1. she can't personally beat him
2. Miyuki who is probably her best choice of successor would turn against her
3. Tatsuya does have allies that would love to see a weaker Yotsuba should this situation become known (attacking Tats is a great way to weaken your clan).

Maya's best bet is to keep attempting to manipulate them from behind the scenes...kind of like you guys make Koichi out to do.

The Saegusa and Juumonji Families are pretty close. Koichi's latest ploy may have opened up the distance again. Mayumi and Katusto Marrying would undoubtedly secure a more lasting partnership. There are no plans for it now, but they are candidates for each other and this is possible. Koichi also seems to think somewhat highly of Katsuto.

Tatsuya and Mayumi marrying...I see this possibility coming from both of them defying their families. Maybe Mayumi wants to choose her own husband instead of having him picked for her. Miyuki also strongly wants Tatsuya to be free, she's just afraid that he won't be there for her if she frees him of his duty. She has minami training to take his place and I think she will eventually free him giving him the option to have his own life and possibly marry someone like Mayumi.

Either way it goes its all speculation and you guys should have a more open mind about Mayumi's relationships until the author decides to go more in depth about them.

I even remember reading a Mayumi SS buried in a forum somewhere that had her visiting the Shiba household multiple times to see Tatsuya (at miyuki's displeasure) and left teasing her with a misunderstanding. I was really hoping to see that one pop up in the volumes but it hasn't yet.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 16:24   Link #77
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
^ Personally, while I could see Koichi trying to do that ... I doubt that he is going to be successful in that attempt.

It's not because Mayumi is from the Saegusa clan, but rather due to Tatsuya's status within the Yotsuba ... which still contains some mysteries, in my opinion at least.

Basically, I think that any request to marry Tatsuya to some other clans, is going to be denied by the Yotsuba and since I don't think that Koichi has any trump cards that could convince them to change their decision (at least nothing like that has been revealed so far) ... I don't think that a tactic like that would be a particularly successful one...
My thoughts. The Yotsuba deny Tatsuya at every turn. They don't even acknowledge him as part of their family. If the Saegusa were to give Tatsuya good enough terms (for example full support in his research, protecting Miyuki, etc...) Tatsuya could do whatever he wants even if he doesn't ever regain the ability to romantically love someone. The Saegusa have research from 2 of the magic research labs which is something that would be quite valuable to Tatsuya.
Old 2014-05-24, 00:45   Link #78
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
My thoughts. The Yotsuba deny Tatsuya at every turn. They don't even acknowledge him as part of their family. If the Saegusa were to give Tatsuya good enough terms (for example full support in his research, protecting Miyuki, etc...) Tatsuya could do whatever he wants even if he doesn't ever regain the ability to romantically love someone. The Saegusa have research from 2 of the magic research labs which is something that would be quite valuable to Tatsuya.
i doubt the will go for mayumi just because of the research. Besides the research from those magic institutes are not useful to him because the institutes are researching magic as weapons and not something else as tatsuya does.

If maya will to ever decides to marry tats to mayumi it will be for a different reason than the one we would like.
Like she can marry him to try and separate the siblings because she thinks miyuki is to dependent on tatsuya and ordering them apart is like throwing a grenade at your feet so she might use this political marriage tools to reduce miyukis dependence on tatsuya be arranging a marriage with mayumi for example. Such an action is something normal within the magic community to ensure the next magical generation and not even miyuki or tatsuya will do anything against this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
Not the same thing, they are the few fortunate ones.

Anyway i doubt mayumi loves katsuto or the itsuwa guy, at least nothing more then friends. Its hard to say since mayumi character hides her emotions underneath a poker ace and a web of carefully chose words. But i do think from her actions and behavior she has a crush on tatsuya.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-05-24 at 00:56.
Old 2014-05-24, 04:31   Link #79
Echizen777

Quote:
I think ill drop out of the marriage topic if its regarding Tatsuya, its getting dangerously close to shipping.
I agree

Quote:
Btw, does anyone else think theres any chances Mayumi will get involved in the Saegusa vs Yotsuba conflict, or just remain on the sidelines?
She will. If she doesn't take part in this I don't see who will besides Koichi, certainly not her sisters.
Old 2014-05-24, 08:03   Link #80
My Zodiac Aries

Quote:
As for the other, I skimmed through but couldn't find any mention of Koichi having a preference in who Mayumi is married off too, it was an assumption on my part that he'd prefer Hirofume since hes easier to manipulate, Koichi is probly still weighing the options to see which gains him more.
In Volume 12

“You didn’t understand? Katsuto-kun seems to have noticed already.”
Mayumi slightly shook her head and hid her discontented, teeth-clenched face from Koichi’s vision.
“As expected, Katsuto-kun has much higher tolerance than Hirofumi-kun.”

Hirofumi referred to the oldest son of the Itsuwa Family, “Itsuwa Hirofumi”. The Itsuwa Family wished for Mayumi to marry Hirofumi. Koichi had intended to compare Hirofumi with Katsuto, but fortunately such words never reached Mayumi’s ears.
My Zodiac Aries is offline   Reply With Quote