AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-14, 12:05   Link #1081
Clutchdog

Well this is the quote:
佐島勤 [2009年 06月 28日 (日) 17時 28分 13秒]
 ハーレム展開にはなりません……多分(爆)
 ただ、エリカや真由美がふられる、という展開にもなりません……多分。
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 12:08   Link #1082
KrimzonStriker

^My google translate is very vague but that doesn't seems like a direct quote at all but a brief summary transcribed from the poster. Especially that last bit with the implication of specific characters being dumped feel like some fan commented/speculated that part after learning there would be no harem.
Old 2015-05-14, 12:17   Link #1083
Clutchdog

Well, it's something Truealchemist found so I don't know the specifics. It's supposed to be from the author, I did try to ask if it's really saying what GT is giving out but no one either confirmed or denied it. So that's what it is.
Old 2015-05-14, 12:24   Link #1084
KrimzonStriker

^'From the author' could mean a summary of that authors interview which is still different from a confirmed direct quote. Was there an interview question to go along with this to make it seem authentic, with a real back and forth? If not I say it's a summary from a poster about an interview with some fan's attempt at interpreting what the author said/meant, because that's what it reminds me of whenever someone tries to translate a spoiler of something in English. My google translate indicates there's self-questioning/uncertainty of the information being stated, which is why I'm thinking fan insert/speculation on the only explicitly stated thing which was no harems.
Old 2015-05-14, 13:40   Link #1085
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
^'From the author' could mean a summary of that authors interview which is still different from a confirmed direct quote. Was there an interview question to go along with this to make it seem authentic, with a real back and forth? If not I say it's a summary from a poster about an interview with some fan's attempt at interpreting what the author said/meant, because that's what it reminds me of whenever someone tries to translate a spoiler of something in English. My google translate indicates there's self-questioning/uncertainty of the information being stated, which is why I'm thinking fan insert/speculation on the only explicitly stated thing which was no harems.
This is the direct quote from 2chan when I was sniffing around 2chan to find any spoilers for vol.16. On 2chan, they only put answer parts without question parts but with the date and the time when Satou replies to question. The interview questions were considered to be true by Japanese anons @ 2chan, so I think, we can trust it, but time has been passed, and the author may change or add few more details.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 14:17   Link #1086
KrimzonStriker

^The FIRST part I can believe was a direct quote, but I know/have seen people add their own comments afterwards on their interpretation of what those quotes can mean. The second part puts question marks on it however, only raising possibilities, maybes, and said stuff about like how the first part wasn't really expanded/had no additional context according to the translation I got. It just seems very odd for an author to make such a specific spoiler about people getting dumped, which is why I think that second part is an interpretation/follow up comment by the poster on the quote about there being no harems.
Old 2015-05-16, 06:33   Link #1087
Armando99

So can someone translate that quote post by @Clutchdog, please?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:30   Link #1088
BalorView

And this is the other quote

[2011年 03月 21日 (月) 17時 40分 33秒]
 ご声援ありがとうございます。
 「描けないこと」は無いですよ(^^
 「描く必要の無いこと」を削って、「描くべきこと」を付け足していく作業は必要ですけど。
 これも一種のネタバレになると思いますが、深雪と真由美にはハッピーエンドを用意してありま す。
 それがちゃんとハッピーエンドに見えるかどうかは私の筆力次第ですけど(^^;

Last edited by BalorView; 2015-05-16 at 07:44.
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 07:44   Link #1089
ProxyAccount

A harem development won't happen......probably.
But, Erika and Mayumi getting dumped, that won't happen either......probably.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:03   Link #1090
ProxyAccount

Thank you for the support.
"Something that can't be depicted" there is none.
"Something that isn't essential to be depicted" is cut down.
"Something that should be drawn" work to add is being carried out.
This seems to be kind of a spoiler, Miyuki and Mayumi are being prepared a happy ending.
What that happy ending will look like depends on the strength of my writing.

Last edited by ProxyAccount; 2015-05-16 at 08:46.
Old 2015-05-16, 08:26   Link #1091
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
Thank you for the support.
"Something that can't be depicted" there is none.
Is the implication that he's not going to self-censor?

Quote:
"Something that isn't essential to depicted" is cut down.
And he doesn't like filler.

Well, this does sound like pretty good news to Miyuki fans.
Though there's no mention of Erika and Honoka, so these two could be the sacrificial lambs of mahouka.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:40   Link #1092
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Is the implication that he's not going to self-censor?
I think that it means that there isn't anything in his plan that is prohibited.

Chiba and Saegusa are connected. Resolution of Erika will probably be connected to Mayumi.
The Yotsuba apparently consider lovers acceptable. It's the spouse that is important.
Old 2015-05-16, 08:49   Link #1093
millie10468

Quote:
Chiba and Saegusa are connected. Resolution of Erika will probably be connected to Mayumi.
The Yotsuba apparently consider lovers acceptable. It's the spouse that is important.
Are you speculating that either Erika or Mayumi could become Tatsuya's lover/mistress now that the official spouse has been determined?

This is all my opinion but:

For a mistress/lovers end to occur in the Yotsuba, the person in question must have overwhelming feelings for his lover and be willing to give up marrying her officially. Tatsurou didn't want to give up Sayuri even though he caved to the pressures to marry Miya but it doesn't seem like the Yotsuba oppoesed him keeping her on the side. Katsushige was made an offer to keep Kotona on the side but unlike Tatsurou, he didn't cave. But if he had, he'd only be allowed her as a mistress because he loved her and was willing to give up being with her officially.

Tatsuya doesn't have overwhelming feelings for anyone other than Miyuki... who has become his "official" fiancee. This might just be me but either Erika or Mayumi becoming a mistress in the Yotsuba just isn't feasible. Mayumi specifically has way too much value to for her father to allow her to become like Sayuri.

But it might hit an iceberg...

Last edited by millie10468; 2015-05-16 at 09:04.
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 08:52   Link #1094
Clutchdog

So it won't be a harem and they won't be getting dumped. So basically, nothing will happen? I guess it'll be like Honoka without the confession? That or they just move on.
Old 2015-05-16, 09:05   Link #1095
Echizen777

There won't be a harem for sure, Tatsuya is not in these kind of things, he can't even love someone as of now. Mayumi becoming someone's lover is very unlikely, she is well known and has a certain reputation, Saegusa clan won't allow her to become someone's lover. I don't believe Honoka would accept that either, same for Erika.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 09:11   Link #1096
millie10468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
So it won't be a harem and they won't be getting dumped. So basically, nothing will happen? I guess it'll be like Honoka without the confession? That or they just move on.
We can't even say they'd have a chance if Miyuki died or something because Maya was very clear when she said that if Tatsuya lost Miyuki, well. In her words" [You will go crazy if you lose her. That is how your heart is. When you lose everything, the world will be destroyed. It seemed to be a prediction. Or rather it seemed like the tone of a seer.
[Therefore, you should protect her dearly for the rest of your life.]"

At this point, I'll be impressed if Satou does indeed give any other girl a chance.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 09:37   Link #1097
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
We can't even say they'd have a chance if Miyuki died or something because Maya was very clear when she said that if Tatsuya lost Miyuki, well. In her words" [You will go crazy if you lose her. That is how your heart is. When you lose everything, the world will be destroyed. It seemed to be a prediction. Or rather it seemed like the tone of a seer.
[Therefore, you should protect her dearly for the rest of your life.]"

At this point, I'll be impressed if Satou does indeed give any other girl a chance.
Calm down, as a Mayumi fan, i dont want her becomes someone's mistress, even if that man is Tatsuya.Other guys maybe fine with their waifu becomes a mistress or 2nd wife .But to me, she gets all or she lose it all, sharing is not what i am expecting either
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 09:49   Link #1098
ProxyAccount

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Are you speculating that either Erika or Mayumi could become Tatsuya's lover/mistress now that the official spouse has been determined?
I think that it would be permitted.
Quote:
This is all my opinion but:

For a mistress/lovers end to occur in the Yotsuba, the person in question must have overwhelming feelings for his lover and be willing to give up marrying her officially. Tatsurou didn't want to give up Sayuri even though he caved to the pressures to marry Miya but it doesn't seem like the Yotsuba oppoesed him keeping her on the side. Katsushige was made an offer to keep Kotona on the side but unlike Tatsurou, he didn't cave. But if he had, he'd only be allowed her as a mistress because he loved her and was willing to give up being with her officially.
It also implies that in order for Tatsurou to marry Sayuri, he had to give up/agree to something.
Quote:
Tatsuya doesn't have overwhelming feelings for anyone other than Miyuki... who has become his "official" fiancee. This might just be me but either Erika or Mayumi becoming a mistress in the Yotsuba just isn't feasible. Mayumi specifically has way too much value to for her father to allow her to become like Sayuri.
Tatsuya either keeps the status quo or, like Maya, loss of feelings doesn't eliminate feelings in the future.
Feelings --> Data --> AMCA
My thought is that the AMCA was purposely capped. It's like an emulator for a 1st generation system running on a current state of the art system. You can lock the emulator to run at a fixed clock cycle, even though the system can actually run the code much faster.

As for Erika, she is like a cat. She mostly wants to fight, but....
As for Mayumi, I don't know how Koichi will respond to finding out that Tatsuya is Maya's son. I don't even know if he's going to keep his position.
The destination has already been determined, but the means of getting there might require a lot of development.
Old 2015-05-16, 12:25   Link #1099
Jiminy

Quote:
I think that it would be permitted.

It also implies that in order for Tatsurou to marry Sayuri, he had to give up/agree to something.

Tatsuya either keeps the status quo or, like Maya, loss of feelings doesn't eliminate feelings in the future.
Feelings --> Data --> AMCA
My thought is that the AMCA was purposely capped. It's like an emulator for a 1st generation system running on a current state of the art system. You can lock the emulator to run at a fixed clock cycle, even though the system can actually run the code much faster.

As for Erika, she is like a cat. She mostly wants to fight, but....
As for Mayumi, I don't know how Koichi will respond to finding out that Tatsuya is Maya's son. I don't even know if he's going to keep his position.
The destination has already been determined, but the means of getting there might require a lot of development.

Who should allow it? Miyuki? ... she has already been possessive before they got engaged. Moreover I started to believe lately that there is a certain degree of arbitrariness when it comes to the Yotsuba house rules and customs. Maya seems to do what ever she wants and Miyuki will be no different. Under such conditions it isn't likely for Tatsuya to be allowed to have a mistress.

Btw, I love your comparison with the emulator.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 12:31   Link #1100
ProxyAccount

Miyuki isn't possessive, she's jealous of Tatsuya showing feelings to someone that he doesn't show to her. She doesn't pull him from his friends or keep him away from Honoka... because he doesn't express feelings to them that she doesn't receive from him. She isn't jealous (anymore) of his relationship with Ayako and Fumiya, because she receives similar feelings from him as well.