AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-19, 18:59   Link #21
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Just finished ch 17. I can't wait for chapter 18 ^^.

Well... what really brought me to read this manga was, Sin Ansem little summary about it. Something about the character personality and the story, so I couldn't lose anything but a bit of time read the first few chapters. I glad I dedicated about 1-2 hours reading them ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2009-01-19, 19:27   Link #22
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Ah, might as well make my token plug for this series's entry on TVTropes. Won't happen again, really.
Old 2009-01-19, 20:19   Link #23
mako1138
tsun tsun dere dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
What does the actual title ("Wakusei no Samidare") mean, anyway?
Wakusei means planet, and Samidare is the princess's name. So the title is literally "Planet's Samidare". It could probably be rendered "A Planet's Samidare" or perhaps "This Planet's Samidare". An additional wrinkle is the reading of "hoshi" on the "wakusei" kanji. Hoshi = star, of course, but it's also a catch-all term for other celestial bodies, like the planets in the solar system.

WWWJDIC: samidare 五月雨 【さみだれ; さつきあめ】 (n) early-summer rain

"The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer" has a nice ring to it, though.
Old 2009-01-19, 20:24   Link #24
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako1138 View Post
Wakusei means planet, and Samidare is the princess's name. So the title is literally "Planet's Samidare". It could probably be rendered "A Planet's Samidare" or perhaps "This Planet's Samidare".
Not "Samidare's Planet"? That would make sense.

And again, Biscuit Hammer is a nutty name for a doomsday device.
Old 2009-01-19, 21:18   Link #25
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Yeah, what a waste. I was thinking the same thing. Come on, Granddad was old anyway; let him die in peace. And what about Hangetsu? What did he wish for? He didn't even help himself. Who knows what he actually accomplished; maybe he helped out Yuuhi somehow.
Not to mention that fact that granddad is just gonna die anyway when Samidare smashes the planet... so Yuuhi successfully extended his life by however long it is until samidare smashes the world... woo

Hangetsu, i think his wish was to see Noko once more before he died, or possibly to be reunited with Noko in death... He always wanted to go out a hero, and considering he was dying i think he should get his own wish instead of giving it to someone else...

Yuuhi's wish was really the only blatant plot device thus far... he wasted it on his granddad when he could have used it for Samidare had he known about her condition, and all things considered you KNOW he would rather save her life before his grandfather's if he had to choose; even after his whole revelation thing... especially if you add in the logic that granddad was doomed to die with or without the wish from his point of view; either he dies now naturally, or he dies when Sami makes the world goes boom
Old 2009-01-20, 11:37   Link #26
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

New chapter's almost ready~ should be done in tonight's release~

As for the title translation, I always think of it as 'Samidare of Earth'. Why? Because, while the kanji is planet and the pronunciation is star, the context use of the terms always refer to Earth... which is annoying to me, actually, because Earth has it's own word, damnit.
Old 2009-01-20, 22:46   Link #27
FateAnomaly

Wow the princess is a maniac. This story is like a fairy tale with a twist. Its weird that she want to destroy the world though since she still have family living on it.
Old 2009-01-21, 10:38   Link #28
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

What I’m wondering though is how she intends on destroying the world when she has trouble destroying a mountain. Sure she could probably destroy earth one city at a time but that would take forever and she might lose her powers before then. As such I’m assuming that she’ll get a significant powerup relatively soonish. As for the Lizard Knight there’s no way he’s fighting 10 other knights by himself unless he gets some legendary skills as such either he and the Princess will reform or there’s going to be a high rate of attrition.
Old 2009-01-21, 12:34   Link #29
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
What I’m wondering though is how she intends on destroying the world when she has trouble destroying a mountain. Sure she could probably destroy earth one city at a time but that would take forever and she might lose her powers before then. As such I’m assuming that she’ll get a significant powerup relatively soonish. As for the Lizard Knight there’s no way he’s fighting 10 other knights by himself unless he gets some legendary skills as such either he and the Princess will reform or there’s going to be a high rate of attrition.
Think about how much XP the Princess and Yuu-kun will get for downing the mage and all his golems. They will definitely level up and chances are some of the other knights will die as well.
Old 2009-01-21, 13:18   Link #30
Cinocard

This manga way of storytelling is too normal, to the extend that it feels weird as a manga...

The knights feel ridiculously weak to even put up a fight with the cops, not to mention the mages. I really wonder how the story will advent, as very little was unfold.
Old 2009-01-21, 16:57   Link #31
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I facepalmed a little at Yuuhi writing up that handy plot of his Secret Plan To Help Sami Destroy The World, then hastily telling Lizard to hide it. I was waiting for it to get discovered, but nope, didn't come back up.
Old 2009-02-25, 11:08   Link #32
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

19-20 are out.

"... Did you just flying-kick a golem? wtf."

So, the golems have figured out how to combine, to form Voltron T-Rexes. That isn't good.
Old 2009-02-26, 17:49   Link #33
Iron Maw
Banned

It was nice to see Hangetsu's wish reveal, though it was not what I expected. Does make sense since he had been wanting to train Yuuhi for while now.

What I'm wondering is if Nagumo dead...
Old 2009-03-03, 08:26   Link #34
Maximum Penetration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
It was nice to see Hangetsu's wish reveal, though it was not what I expected. Does make sense since he had been wanting to train Yuuhi for while now.

What I'm wondering is if Nagumo dead...
I think it's just a knock out
Old 2009-03-10, 23:30   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

22: Yay for schoolgirl knights.

Yukimachi: "We'll do our best"
Yue: "In moderation..."

It's cute.
Old 2009-03-11, 11:51   Link #36
Vree

I love this manga for the total lack of Charles Atlas superpowers. Even in a comic that claims to be "realistic" somehow all the heroes are potential models who can "train" to become champion-level athletes and scholars in hardly any time.
So I just love the take that it's not like that but that is alright.

Any shonen fan would be probably be taken aback at how "weak" the characters are. Even after a power upgrade.
Old 2009-03-11, 18:42   Link #37
Cinocard

The new chapter trans is out Definitely a hilarious chapter This manga is indeed in chaos. I don't know what's really going on anymore.

Lolz to Mary-tan. Start out invincible, then gotten a power up and become merciless. I wonder why we don't have an anime like that
Old 2009-03-11, 23:11   Link #38
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I find it hilarious how the Mage really did fit into the manga like, completely.

With those glasses and that nonchalant look, I could totally accept him as the Mage, and yet I also could imagine seeing a guy like that in real life. Fun.

Oh, and agreed, schoolgirl knights! I hope the manga slows down a bit after the chaotic arc so the characters can have their turn to shine, though. And I hope the feared owl night (why am I imagining a young Lelouch lookalike with eyes that just say "I am the King of the World, and the Absolute Evil"?) will not show up so soon.
Old 2009-03-13, 08:39   Link #39
Vree

The Owl Knight is Harry Potter.

Admit it, you want it to happen too.
Old 2009-03-14, 01:05   Link #40
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
The Owl Knight is Harry Potter.

Admit it, you want it to happen too.

Oh. Hedwig.