2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-11, 20:13   Link #141
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
He has so far come off as the most likable of the bunch to me, most probably because he doesn't seem particularity bloodthirsty. Just an old soldier doing his job.
$10 says hes as misguided as the rest of the upper echelons of the Wind military. I personally think anti-NUN elements are screwing with that entire planet, but we will see.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 01:48   Link #142
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

Hayate was clearly burdened by killing Lt. Uroh, but he seems to have decided to live with it. The Windemre's clearly think their cause is worth dying for, so he's determined to now show less resolve. I think Helman Cross is going to have a significantly harder time coming to terms with this incident. Ostensibly he was supposed to be covering for Uroh, and the kid died on his watch. The Aerial Knights haven't really done a lot to endear me to them (Pop singers trying to foil our nefarious mass mind control powers? KILL THEM!) , but I do feel a bit of sympathy for Cross in this situation.
Uhm, is it confirmed that he killed him? As far as I saw the scene, he caught him with his escape pod just a milisec, before the mech exploded.
Old 2016-05-12, 02:33   Link #143
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Uhm, is it confirmed that he killed him? As far as I saw the scene, he caught him with his escape pod just a milisec, before the mech exploded.
You see Uroh engulfed by the explosion and Hermann grimace. He didn't make it. We are not sure Aerial Knights use EX-Gears.

It may have been survivable if it was ejection pods like what was used in Macross 7 by UN Spacy and Varauta Army.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 08:39   Link #144
Tak

Also keep in mind that he killed a twin. So yeah, Hayate hasn't put the VA out of a job just yet.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-05-12, 09:12   Link #145
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Also keep in mind that he killed a twin. So yeah, Hayate hasn't put the VA out of a job just yet.

- Tak
uh? Uroh wasn't a twin, he was a guy just introduced so he could get killed by Hayate.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 10:09   Link #146
Tak

Quote:
uh? Uroh wasn't a twin, he was a guy just introduced so he could get killed by Hayate.
Wait, what? There was a sixth guy? I must have confused myself. I swear he looked like one of the twins. Ah whatever, in that case RIP and to his VA? YER FIRED!!

- Tak

Old 2016-05-12, 10:31   Link #147
azarhal

Quote:
Wait, what? There was a sixth guy? I must have confused myself. I swear he looked like one of the twins. Ah whatever, in that case RIP and to his VA? YER FIRED!!

- Tak
7th guy...everyone forget about Cassim.

And there was even more than that shown when they first showed up in the area before Delta did. It's like they have plenty of redshirts...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 10:38   Link #148
Tak

Quote:
7th guy...everyone forget about Cassim.

And there was even more than that shown when they first showed up in the area before Delta did. It's like they have plenty of redshirts...
Bah, I can hardly be faulted for not recognizing cutting boards and men!

I have already exhausted my patience just trying to memorize their names!!

- Tak

Old 2016-05-12, 12:23   Link #149
ReddyRedWolf

At least he has a name. Alpha and Beta platoons didn't and they had much cooler planes than Delta team.
Old 2016-05-12, 13:01   Link #150
Annorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
At least he has a name. Alpha and Beta platoons didn't and they had much cooler planes than Delta team.
Wait they had different planes?
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 13:27   Link #151
Gravitas Free Zone

Alpha is shown to be using the VF-31A, which has a more normal delta outboard wing section instead of the forward-swept version in Delta's VF-31J models.

Comparison.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 13:40   Link #152
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
Alpha is shown to be using the VF-31A, which has a more normal delta outboard wing section instead of the forward-swept version in Delta's VF-31J models.

Comparison.
I have to admit, I pretended they were VF-25s for just a split second.

- Tak

Old 2016-05-13, 12:00   Link #153
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Waitaminute. So, after the event in SDF, Zentran is the common use language? What about human language(s)? Are they falling into obscurity? If so, how do they use Zentran’s (poor) vocabulary to describe and explain various Earth culture products? Did they just outright borrow Earth’s vocabs for those?
Oh, a bit of an addition to my previous reply. To put this into a numerical perspective, the immediate aftermath of Space War I gave us a figure of 900,000 surviving humans scattered all over the place speaking different languages. In contrast, pacified Zentradi who sided with humans numbered 8 million. In the aftermath, Misa and co. also made contact and pacified even more Zentradi. You get the idea.

- Tak

Old 2016-05-13, 21:51   Link #154
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Oh, a bit of an addition to my previous reply. To put this into a numerical perspective, the immediate aftermath of Space War I gave us a figure of 900,000 surviving humans scattered all over the place speaking different languages. In contrast, pacified Zentradi who sided with humans numbered 8 million. In the aftermath, Misa and co. also made contact and pacified even more Zentradi. You get the idea.

- Tak
Honestly if it hadn't been for deliberate cloning in the aftermath of Space War I (that was a thing, right?), I'm pretty sure fully biological Terrans would be a very small minority in UN Space due to the increasing Zentradi population. As is it feels like humans tend to be a bit more common, though the increasing frequency of technicolor hair makes me suspect that mixed ancestry might be quite common. One can only imagine how horrible things will get now that we have more than Zentradi/Humans in the mix. I fully suspect in a thousand years everyone in this arm of the galaxy are gonna be these weird mongrel green skinned tentacle haired cat/fish/elf people.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 00:12   Link #155
Tak

Quote:
Honestly if it hadn't been for deliberate cloning in the aftermath of Space War I (that was a thing, right?), I'm pretty sure fully biological Terrans would be a very small minority in UN Space due to the increasing Zentradi population. As is it feels like humans tend to be a bit more common, though the increasing frequency of technicolor hair makes me suspect that mixed ancestry might be quite common. One can only imagine how horrible things will get now that we have more than Zentradi/Humans in the mix. I fully suspect in a thousand years everyone in this arm of the galaxy are gonna be these weird mongrel green skinned tentacle haired cat/fish/elf people.
They did try cloning purely biological humans from 2010 AD ~ 2030 AD. In fact, near the end of the original SDF, several cloning vats were actually moved to the surface. The humans probably thought they could clone as much as the Zentradi, but given only 900,000 samples, people started acquiring hereditary diseases and cloning simply had to stop. Unlike the Zentradi, who had a galaxy worth of samples to work with.

Though it is interesting how this raised no moral objections.

Besides, I think what Protoculture intended was to have all the races come together and unite. So if that means cat/fish/elf/furry people? So be it

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-14 at 02:10.
Old 2016-05-14, 00:49   Link #156
aldw

Quote:
They did try cloning purely biological humans from 2010 AD ~ 2030 AD. In fact, near the end of the original SDF, several cloning vats were actually moved to the surface. The humans probably thought they could clone as much as the Zentradi, but given only 900,000 samples, people started acquiring hereditary diseases and cloning simply had to stop. Unlike the Zentradi, whohad a galaxy worth of samples to work with.

Besides, I think what Protoculture intended was to have all the races come together and unite. So if that means cat/fish/elf/furry people? So be it

- Tak
Sounds very Trekkish in sentiment really.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 00:57   Link #157
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Which part? The love love peace peace?

- Tak

Old 2016-05-14, 02:42   Link #158
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I fully suspect in a thousand years everyone in this arm of the galaxy are gonna be these weird mongrel green skinned tentacle haired cat/fish/elf people.
Michael Blanc's folks aimed to procreate with every Protoculture derived race out there.

In Macross Chronicle and MF LN Michael Blanc was a quarter Zolan. In Macross Frontier 2059 Memories Michael Blanc was part Zentradi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw
In the TNG two parter The Chase it turns out the reason for humanoid races was that a Precursor race seeded various planets.

Macross had that idea since 1982.
Old 2016-05-14, 07:42   Link #159
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
They did try cloning purely biological humans from 2010 AD ~ 2030 AD. In fact, near the end of the original SDF, several cloning vats were actually moved to the surface. The humans probably thought they could clone as much as the Zentradi, but given only 900,000 samples, people started acquiring hereditary diseases and cloning simply had to stop. Unlike the Zentradi, who had a galaxy worth of samples to work with.

- Tak
Yeah. Despite being a Clone Race, Zentradi phenotypes are all over the place. It does tend to range anywhere from mostly human looking to blue/green space elves.

I'm pretty sure the lack of moral objections had something to do with humanity having been reduced population wise by 99.999%. People would justify doing a lot to replenish their population after something like that, and a short term cloning program where the children are afforded full human rights is honestly one of the least unethical things you could do.

Quote:

- Tak
I always knew the Protoculture were somewhat shady folks, but I never imagined that their ultimate evil goal would be galaxy wide miscegenation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In the TNG two parter The Chase it turns out the reason for humanoid races was that a Precursor race seeded various planets.

Macross had that idea since 1982.
Admittedly the people in Macross were way more bright about it, considering that right off the bat they noted that reproductive compatibility between "species" from different parts of the galaxy was bloody unlikely. People in Star Trek merrily made mongrel alien babies with eachother left and right and didn't seem to think there was anything strange about this from a xeno-biological angle.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 08:44   Link #160
Deryns

For me this was the best episode so far. Just because of the character development for Hayate and Mirage.
Deryns is offline   Reply With Quote