AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-13, 15:17   Link #21
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Got some Division OST music right here...
Nice to see Ola Strandh in fine form; going to have to pick up a legitimate copy of this.

Now, I'm very tempted to pick up this game; the thing that gets in the way is putting together a new PC (and transferring everything from the old one), or buying an XB1 (and worrying about the extent to which my library of 360 games are 'forward-compatible').

Based on watching what folks have shared on YouTube of their experiences, I would offer some tips:
  • if you make a habit of deconstructing the green-tier (and higher) items you don't need from early on, you should be in good stead to make use of the gold-tier blueprints that become available. Reason: 5 of a given component of one tier can be turned in for a single component of the next tier up;
  • among the wings' upgrades are ones which unlock requisition boxes, which you can hit up for items. For example, there is one in the med wing which provides fabric;
  • blueprints, once acquired, can be used as often as you like;
  • before selling or deconstructing a weapon, be sure to remove all its mods first. Unlike their counterparts in so many other RPGs, these can be freely transferred from one item to another;
  • acquired a piece of gear (not weapon) that's perfect except for one thing? For example, it might have a bonus to a skill you don't use. No worries, the tech wing's recalibration station allows you to fix that;
  • lorehounds will love the sec wing's K9 unit. Unlocking this will add all intel collectibles in a given area to your map once you complete its side missions;
  • speaking of side missions... each area has a safehouse. Not only is it a fast travel and resupply point, but it also has a situation board and JTF liaison officer who'll clue you in on those local side missions.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 17:53   Link #22
YF19EX

I have been breaking down items for crafting, but have not gotten better blue prints yet. So in the mean time, I have been selling allot to get purple gear that is now coming up in the regular vendors. I know it seems the best gear comes around endgame but, I am at level 16 at the moment and I am still using my level 11 M1A. Although I found got a blue M249B blueprint at level 15. That weapon replaced my level 9 M60E4 I carried to this point.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 19:49   Link #23
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
IIRC, the music is on iTunes. Don't know if there's a physical version of it.

Kojima tweeted that he got a Japanese copy of the game. He's currently playing it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 20:27   Link #24
YF19EX

The music has a nice Vangelis (Bladerunner) vibe to it. Placed well for a post apocalyptic wasteland, but would be suited to the streets of Tokyo than NY.
Old 2016-03-14, 09:47   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I'll probably wait for Siege to be available in a game store I go to when I have the chance. They were sold out at the time.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2016-03-14, 09:56   Link #26
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

bought it, sold it quickly didn't live up to my expectations. Lag when at a group and at times cheap AI, good story, great controls especially the cover system where you gotta hold X to go from cover to cover, but not really enjoyable when your in the dark zone lots of PK and cheapness.
Old 2016-03-14, 11:44   Link #27
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Ended up buying the game + season pass from green man gaming cuz it's 20% off. Will try it out later tonight with my brother and some friends!

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-14, 22:53   Link #28
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
but not really enjoyable when your in the dark zone lots of PK and cheapness.
And the best part? There really is no good reason to go rogue: aside from the mechanics strongly discouraging it (in terms of death penalties and putting a bounty on your head), the chests and tangos do refresh, so there's plenty of opportunities for loot for everyone. Besides, as noted, you can eventually requisition high-end weapons or their blueprints from special vendors that become available from the base.

And speaking of cheapness, one scenario which could arise is this: a group of high- (not max-) level players decide to split up, cover each of the entrances to DZ01, and systematically grief the players said zone is scaled for by exterminating them on entry.

Earlier, Chaos2Frozen wondered about enemy variety. I will just say this: there are some late-game bosses whose abilities will be an unpleasant surprise. And then there's the final boss...
Old 2016-03-15, 12:27   Link #29
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Played a good 2 hours with my brother last night and enjoyed every bit of the game. The graphics are really neat and I like the day-night cycle as well as the weather patterns. Man, the game is pretty tough! You can't just run and gun and expect to win. I learned that the hard way lol. It seems the enemies scale up to kind of even the playing field based on the player levels. They need to add just a tad bit of background music. Kind of quiet when moving around, expected though in a ruined city. Glad I picked this up + the season pass especially for a discount.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 14:49   Link #30
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Man, the game is pretty tough! You can't just run and gun and expect to win. I learned that the hard way lol. It seems the enemies scale up to kind of even the playing field based on the player levels.
This can be a problem with groups; it's come to my attention that the tangos scale to the highest-leveled player in the team. Perhaps having them scale to the average of the players' levels might offer a better balance.

Quote:
They need to add just a tad bit of background music. Kind of quiet when moving around, expected though in a ruined city.
Sure, you can 'fix' that with a player running in the background, but this reminds me that it's a shame that - to my knowledge - nobody replicated what Total Annihilation did. Specifically, the ability to assign tracks of your choice as ambient and battle music, and the game would transition among them as necessary.
Old 2016-03-15, 21:56   Link #31
YF19EX

Yea, I play solo and its very hard. Unless you have the equipment set up to overcome the scaled up enemies. I don't have PS+ so I have not gone back to the dark zone since the beta. And I know the best stuff is always there. So far I am trying to get everything upgraded, but if getting Phoenix Credit requires to run the challenge modes, I doubt I'll be getting anything soon.
Old 2016-03-15, 22:28   Link #32
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
And I know the best stuff is always there
Not quite true; unlock the special and advanced vendors in your base and check out their offerings.

Quote:
So far I am trying to get everything upgraded, but if getting Phoenix Credit requires to run the challenge modes, I doubt I'll be getting anything soon.
As I understand it, not all missions have a Challenge level. Once you hit 30, the daily mission roster unlocks; this consists of three mission replays: 2 at Hard, and one at Challenge. Just replay the two Hards that are picked out each day for 15 guaranteed PCs each (plus any which drop from the named tangos).
Old 2016-03-15, 22:33   Link #33
YF19EX

Ah good to know about he Phoenix Credits. I'm still at 21 doing and clearing every mission in each district. Base upgrades are over 50 percent for each. I am looking forward to getting to 30 and starting the daily's then. At least its nice you don't have to go to the dark zone to get Phoenix Credits. I have been replaying some of the story missions to get better weapons at the basic vendors. Or some times replaying the mission will at least give a level equivalent blue weapon system. Most of my gear is still blue or enhanced blue with the occasional purple.
Old 2016-03-15, 22:46   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

Old 2016-03-15, 23:00   Link #35
YF19EX

Damn it, I knew that Re-roll function for my gear was in the game. Just did no know which one it was. Thanks for the vid, helped me look into the finer details of what to unlock. I think I have enough to go and unlock that section. Also the Canine one looks to be very useful.
Old 2016-03-15, 23:41   Link #36
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Indeed. You don't have to search a lot in the streets...

Some of the Intel stuff's interesting from what I heard.

Old 2016-03-16, 02:20   Link #37
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I have only played for 1 hour because i kept getting booted from the game. Goddamn malaysian internet.

That 1 hour was pretty fun though.

Also because of the way the AI runs, going solo is exponentially harder than in a team. The enemy alwasy smoves in groups, they always spread out, and the combination of accurate fire, cover being less than perfectly protective, and grenades everywhere means that they're pretty tough, even mooks.

It gets to the point when I'm taking cover, reloading, waiting for a lull in the fire, and I think to myself, "fuck me, I'm being suppressed." And then I pop out to trade fire with one guy as his mates flank me and riddle me with bullets.

But with a team, you can have one guy drawing fire, another guy suppressing, and two guys flanking. This really is an MMO built around team-based play.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 01:29   Link #38
YF19EX

Yea, it pretty well is a team based game, cover, move, cover, suppress, flank etc. If you have powerful enough weapons, you can take on most enemy by yourself, but the hard mode is damn hard. Hopefully, I will have good enough equipment to make those daily's playable solo. Well I just about cleared the south end of the map. Finished the NYPD station and am encountering the LMB. Not so tough. Although their Elite's are annoying. Ran a cross a level equivalent elite and he was kicking my ass for a while.
Old 2016-03-17, 01:37   Link #39
Laevatein

Saw this and thought it was funny:

Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-17, 03:13   Link #40
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Game was on top of Japanese video game retail charts:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ch-7-13/.99869

Tags
clancy, multiplayer, rpg, shooter