AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-17, 19:19   Link #41
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It wasn't the goal of the test though. Which actually makes me wonder, did Gojo actually put the kid there?
Or maybe he knew or sensed the kid was there, and decided to kill two birds (testing out the new recruits, save the kid) with one stone.

Edit: I am hooked on the ED, so much style!
Old 2020-10-17, 20:11   Link #42
grecefar

I thought that the kid was going to be saori son and she was going to met her already.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 20:42   Link #43
Fevvers
a regular van veen

It wasn’t really stated but I assumed as well that the test was supposed to how serious Nobara is in killing curses. Anyway, I’m happy to see Nobara animated. She’s one of my favorite female characters in shounen. She’s not a “special” character like Yuuji, but her development’s done really well.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 09:47   Link #44
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Japan had 1.37 million deaths in 2019, so I guess 10,000 due to curses might be a small enough number to escape notice.
I saw the spanish translation and they clearly said those were the number of people disappearances in japan. Death by accident/self inflicted wounds is a category in cause of death in japan. Now, japan has about 38% of the USA population, so you would think there is about 30k people disappearances in the USA, right? wrong!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-1990/

So, I am a bit surprised this little tidbit of data has not been used in a similar fashion to account in fiction for vampire organizations, witches, demonic/Cthulhu sects and similar in the american continent in works of fiction.

By the way, I am watching this series with a one week delay, so any replies from me will have said lag.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-18, 10:25   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I saw the spanish translation and they clearly said those were the number of people disappearances in japan. Death by accident/self inflicted wounds is a category in cause of death in japan. Now, japan has about 38% of the USA population, so you would think there is about 30k people disappearances in the USA, right? wrong!

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-since-1990/

So, I am a bit surprised this little tidbit of data has not been used in a similar fashion to account in fiction for vampire organizations, witches, demonic/Cthulhu sects and similar in the american continent in works of fiction.
It has in the Dresden Files for one. I don't know about other urban fantasies, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 15:07   Link #46
EroKing

That had to be the anime episode of the year. I can't express just how perfect that was. Hands down the best show of the season so far and I need more of this!
Old 2020-10-23, 18:44   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was really good. I've been thinking about it for a while, but since Sukuna could manifest with only one of his finger, could there be at least another one of him around trying to gather the fingers? He himself stated in this episode he doesn't care if Yuuji dies since he has 18 more fingers out there (17 now).
Old 2020-10-23, 18:57   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That was really good. I've been thinking about it for a while, but since Sukuna could manifest with only one of his finger, could there be at least another one of him around trying to gather the fingers? He himself stated in this episode he doesn't care if Yuuji dies since he has 18 more fingers out there (17 now).
A medium that's fit for Sukuna is very rare though. Yuji is one such medium that appeared only after decades or centuries. Gojo himself said so. Sukuna doesn't care because if Yuji dies, he can always wait for another medium.
Old 2020-10-23, 22:28   Link #49
Decel

Quote:
Interesting question, it would definitely be a scenario I'd like to see happen.
Old 2020-10-23, 23:12   Link #50
Wandering Soul

That was a nice episode. I especially like Yuuji breaking down and crying when he realizes he's going to die as it's nice a reminder that he's ultimately a high school boy that got wrapped up in all this.
Old 2020-10-24, 00:13   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 17:03   Link #52
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Anticlimatic but I'm liking the pacing. How is Mappa handling the manga? Did they already reached volume 3 or something?
Old 2020-10-27, 11:33   Link #53
WingedAccelerator

3 pages left from covering Chapter 8. That's the first chapter of Volume 2. If the source is profitable, they care.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 15:17   Link #54
zeando
maybenotimome

Ep 5

The panda having human hands somehow creeps me out a tiny bit.
Still a nice guy.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 16:41   Link #55
Wandering Soul

The Panda is here and he's voiced by Gilgamesh.

Yuuji clearly isn't staying dead and if the preview is any indication he may have to confront Sukuna before coming back. It doesn't look like he's going to get much of a break considering how those two new guys are after Sukuna.
Old 2020-10-30, 19:44   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How is Megumi still alive after the blows he took? He was sent flying hundreds of meters.

Anyway, that was a damn good episode. I'm really considering picking up the manga after the anime finishes.
Old 2020-10-30, 20:06   Link #57
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

We're only at episode 5 and we're already doing the classic let's-bide-time Shounen tournament arc?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 23:11   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm glad that they actually address the BS that was sending freshman students to the meat grinder that was the special-grade. Some shady higher-ups did it.

Quote:
How is Megumi still alive after the blows he took? He was sent flying hundreds of meters.
The power fluctuation is even more egregious when you compare Megumi in episode 1 (who got knocked until he was unable to fight with just one slap from a random big curse) with the Megumi in this episode who not only survived a DBZ-style fight but also able to stand and even do a stance for an ultimate technique after got sent flying hundreds of meters high in the air and then got slammed hundreds of meters to the ground by Sukuna's force that sent him through multiple concrete walls .

Since when Megumi has the body-sturdiness of Captain America? It makes Yuuji's feats in previous episodes look downright normal .
Old 2020-10-31, 06:57   Link #59
Blaat

Quote:
Supposedly this only happens once in the manga with the shiki taking most of damage while the anime has added the multiple flying through buildings scenes probably because it looks cool.
Old 2020-10-31, 08:53   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Supposedly this only happens once in the manga with the shiki taking most of damage while the anime has added the multiple flying through buildings scenes probably because it looks cool.
It did look cool, but it's also completely inconsistent

Tags
action, exorcists, spirits, supernatural