AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-12-20, 13:54   Link #781
actawesome

OMG! 75% =D

//Can't wait until final ep 3 patch =D
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:00   Link #782
The Creator
Golden Emperor

THANK YOU FOR TELLING US

I was just about to read it, and i read your spoiler warning (L)
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 16:28   Link #783
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Not sure..

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong thread or if this question has been answered already. Being new to the forums, I'm really not sure what to do. Umm..

I installed the episode 1 demo of Umineko from the official site and then downloaded the english patch into a sub-directory folder. The file (the english patch one) only shows up as a .rar file and I can't figure out where the infamous "readme" file is. @_@; Again, I apologize if this is a really stupid error.

Edit: Is this really only for discussion of the episode 3 patch? I thought I saw discussions of episode 1 somewhere here. ._.;

Last edited by Naichi; 2008-12-20 at 16:29. Reason: Saw deleted messages
Naichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 16:34   Link #784
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Get WinRar and extract the file, you'll get a folder; open it an read the readme file. Enjoy the game, many people's efforts have been put into the translation, and we're all grateful.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 16:38   Link #785
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Uwahh~ Yay! Thank you very much. I'll go ahead and try that. (That was really quick, by the way. I don't think I've ever gotten a quicker response than that on a forum thread.)
Naichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 19:23   Link #786
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naichi View Post
Is this really only for discussion of the episode 3 patch? I thought I saw discussions of episode 1 somewhere here. ._.;
We can only talk about what has been translated so far which mean the first two episodes and the first half of the third.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 00:17   Link #787
chronotrig

Well, since it's the holidays and ep4 is about to come out, I decided to make us a website.

www.witch-hunt.com

We'll have all of our updates and status posted there if you're interested, as well as information about how to get the game and the patch.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 00:42   Link #788
UnknownBeast

So.. where can you actually buy Umineko online?

Especially episode 4 when it is released, just 2 days away :O
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 00:53   Link #789
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

There's some places to go, of course you'd sometimes have to wait for those shops to get them; for example Himeya Shop. But the shipping is usually a mess.

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-12-27, 08:29   Link #790
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

are you guys going to buy episode 4 and make the ep 1-half of ep 3 patch work right away when ep 4 is realeased or will I have two wait until you havce finished ep 3 before i can play it on the ep 4 game I have pre ordered
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 12:25   Link #791
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
are you guys going to buy episode 4 and make the ep 1-half of ep 3 patch work right away when ep 4 is realeased or will I have two wait until you havce finished ep 3 before i can play it on the ep 4 game I have pre ordered
We will make an ep4 patch as soon as possible, but be aware that the official patch they made for ep3 changed the code significantly, and those changes will probably carry through until ep4. It may take some time to get the ep4 version of the patch up and running.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 22:23   Link #792
actawesome

I love the site =D

Can't wait for ep 3 full patch.

Check every day around this time (the thread.)

Thanks =D

-Act
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:58   Link #793
HigurashinoUmineko

Today Episode 4 is released.

Anyone planning on buying it for the Translation?
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 21:30   Link #794
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
Today Episode 4 is released.

Anyone planning on buying it for the Translation?
Yes, we will obviously have our copy (mine is already pre ordered, and I think chrono's as well). Speaking of which, C75 just started like 1h30 ago, so it is pretty fresh.

Meanwhile, for some good and bad news.
Let's see, me having the same preference like Rudolf's for dessert after a fight, the bad news:
we didn't make for the most optimist deadline: Episode 3 won't be ready for 2008 (until we have a Bernkastel type of miracle).

Now, the good news: we finished everything but chapter 17 (tea parties included). The thing is chapter 17 is so ridiculously big (and tricky) that it worth 15% of the whole episode.
For that matter, Chrono is working with Peroyasha on it for the moment. That means we will still most likely release the full patch for early/mid january.
Old 2008-12-28, 21:47   Link #795
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Don't worry, you've done us all a great favour with this, much congrats to you all and I'm sure the Lady of Miracles will smile on you .

But yes, thanks for all your hard work, we'll look forward to the rest of Chapter 3 whenever it may arrive!

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-12-28, 22:00   Link #796
Mercurius

Thanks for the update! You guys are doing an amazing job with this, so please take however long you need

But man, 15% all in one chapter? If there's only one downside to Umineko (very minor, notbadatallIshouldbeburnedaliveforevenmentioningit ), is it can get quite brutal with the length sometimes. And all those cliffhanger chapter ends don't help.
Mercurius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 00:38   Link #797
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Ah, the wait for both the episode 3 translation and my episode 4 copy is going to be an exciting one.

Keep up the good work!
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:45   Link #798
Keriaku
Thought Being

I have a question about something which I think might be a glitch with the patch.

So I've been rereading EP2 with the partial episode 3 patch, and I just got to the part where the whole family gets to Rokkenjima and they're talking in front of the rose garden. It had been going fine until then but now, every time I get to a new page of text it's like it's being clicked multiple times until the full page of text is shown, then if I click it just continues to the next page doing the same thing. This really bothers me because all the character actions and sound effects and such all happen at the same time so I can't really enjoy it.

I checked both my mouse and my keyboard (since I use both to advance text sometimes) and it was neither of those. I tried unplugging each after another and it had the same glitch, so it's not a sticking key or anything. So this leads me to believe it's the patch that might be causing it.

Any suggestions?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:58   Link #799
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Did you exit out and try again? You might have accidently put it on fast forward mode, or for text to display instantly. Those keys are S and O respectivly.

That part works fine for me on the patch.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 11:13   Link #800
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
Did you exit out and try again? You might have accidently put it on fast forward mode, or for text to display instantly. Those keys are S and O respectivly.

That part works fine for me on the patch.
Okay, I wasn't aware of those functions. Thanks for the help.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation