AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 21.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 32.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 11.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-12, 01:18   Link #61
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

From my unsteady memory, where x is declared as Aria's breast size...

Reki: 1.5x
Riko: 3x
Shirayuki: 5x

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-12, 01:21   Link #62
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
Anyone know if they have an online poll to see which female characters is the most popular? like the one they have for Infinite Stratos.
As far as I know, there is no official one. But you can find a lot of unofficial popularity rankings out there.

http://www.vote5.net/anime/htm/1296471220.html
Spoiler for ranking:

http://kantei.am/314458/enquete.htm
Spoiler for ranking:

http://vote1.fc2.com/result/9276939/2/
Spoiler for ranking:

Spoiler for comment:
Old 2011-06-12, 01:40   Link #63
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
From my unsteady memory, where x is declared as Aria's breast size...

Reki: 1.5x
Riko: 3x
Shirayuki: 5x
isn't Shirayuki 6x? because if I remember it right Shirayuki is 2x of Riko though not sure.
Old 2011-06-12, 01:42   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think Riko stands out just because her size is contrasted by her height. Though there really isn't a debate that Shirayuki wins in that category. Poor Aria is just seeing enemies everywhere in that respect .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Kinji is probably the first and ONLY anime bloke I have seen who bailed out of an epic ass-whopping by smartly keeping his mouth shut about seeing a cutie's undergarments in my 20+ year as a fan of the medium.
Have to say I can't remember a lead that did what Kinji just did either. Think some would say something because getting a reaction is entertaining and others because they weren't smart enough to stay quiet. Really Hysteria Mode Kinji had a good episode when you add in quickly defusing the fight between Riko and Aria. Riko was more of a sigh and "well Aria isn't going to focus on a fight now" and Aria went into embarrassed mode. Smooth lines added on top of it to settle things .
Old 2011-06-12, 02:49   Link #65
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Sensei is suspicious. (preview)

You don't give someone gray hair and only a very minor character role.
Old 2011-06-12, 03:28   Link #66
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Wait now that I think about it. Where on earth did those chains come from? She was stripped down to her underwear under there! (no pun intended)
Oh that's easy. She only threw out her clothes, and left the weapons under the blankie :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Probably the funniest part was when HS Kinji had Aria standing right over him and he didn't even flinch from the panty shot . She didn't notice and he wasn't going to say anything
Well there, I thought I was the only one who noticed that. It was so hilarious, for nearly 3 minutes he just lay there, arms spread, with the only body parts moving were his mouth and his neck Of course, it was a smart thing to not say anything during Aria's free pantsu show, else he might have gotten a belly full of bullets

Now I demand Riko create loli-frilly stockings. And I was just getting used to her Aria cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife
Anyways, why does Riko-chan "own" the cast? Because she is:

Cuter
Prettier (Well, Shirayuki is an equal in this case)
SEXIER (NOBODY beats her in this cse)
More charming
Smarter (Plays EVERYONE around her like a violin)
And Bustier

Than everyone in the darned cast.
You forgot her uniform! Most unique of all!!

But in a few years or so, you'll see about my Aria. So long as I feed her the necessary nutrients, she'll have a bomb body!
Old 2011-06-12, 03:47   Link #67
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

But in a few years or so, you'll see about my Aria. So long as I feed her the necessary nutrients, she'll have a bomb body!
The author will crush your illusions lolitron you will always be lolitron
Old 2011-06-12, 03:52   Link #68
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Out of curiosity, why does everyone like Jeanne. She appeared in one episode, and her character has hardly been developed. They cut the -dere scene and made her an idiot.
I heave read LN so I am influenced by that.

But as for her attraction - she just has that cool aura without being really a kuudere like Reiki. She has deadpand expression, looks and good voice. She is pretty damn attractive.

Kind of similar to Hitagi from Bekemonogatari in the way she carries herself around but hitagi is much moire tsun at least compared to Jeanne.

Jeanne me reminds of what I call mature tsunderes (type C - like Kano from Velvet Kiss, Makoto from KOR or Sheryl from Macross F). If her character will indeed be like that - thats something for the future.

But she really has a similar air around her which added with the good looks is a winner for me. Wish to see more of her though.
Old 2011-06-12, 04:30   Link #69
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The author will crush your illusions lolitron you will always be lolitron
Wha? Are you doubting my cooking skills? That's it, I want to draw a grown up Aria XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Jeanne me reminds of what I call mature tsunderes (type C - like Kano from Velvet Kiss, Makoto from KOR or Sheryl from Macross F). If her character will indeed be like that - thats something for the future.
Well, all the more why she just needs more screen time. I refuse to believe she's a one time use, maybe at this point I can no longer point out the serious lack of Reki in this series, but if this will be the only time we'll see Jeanne, I'll

Ahem anyways, how did Riko fill out her paper during the class? I bet Sayonaki filled it out for her
Old 2011-06-12, 04:41   Link #70
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That intro was just one massive WTF all round. At first I was thinking it must be a dream but...

Oh God, now Aria's jumped in. This is just getting more and more bizaare. But I guess kinji doesn't care. He's getting a good angle up Aria's skirt XD.

AHAHAHAHA, Kinji is getting massive cookies here. If only he could stay in Hysteria mode permanently. The dude's a one man class act.

Riko's tears are blatant lies...

Lol, so she can come back to school and everything. They don't even care do they? Oh I see, it's so that they can have Riko mess around with Kinji. How Kinji didn't go into Hysteria Mode is beyond me.

And then Shirayuki yandere's up again. Dear lord this has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

Oh come on Kinji, you don't have to be Hysteria Mode to figure out what Shirayuki is trying to do. This is about the time when you should jumping out of the window.

And lol at Kinji imagining demon Aria. She just happens to be wearing that huh?

OMG HE'S ACTUALLY GOING OUT OF THE WINDOW!!! Major plus points there. XD

And so it ends with more fetish stuff.

I honestly don't know what to make of this episode. Kinda ridiculous how easily Riko gets into the academy again but whatever. The jokes were quite funny but I hope all the comedy won't be all the girls being after Kinji's dick like that.
Old 2011-06-12, 05:11   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why does everyone like Jeanne. She appeared in one episode, and her character has hardly been developed. They cut the -dere scene and made her an idiot.

It feels as if this is just following the flow of the light novel readers.

Of course, I can understand why one would love Jeanne if one read the novels, 'tis hard not to love my knight.

Well in my experience there are three types of girls that can easily gain popularity just by existing- The Tsundere, The Silent Moe, and the Silver Haired Girl

Of course, this isn't an exact science.

In other news, if you combine all of them; Tsundere + Silent + Silver hair = Felli Loss

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-12 at 05:37.
Old 2011-06-12, 06:26   Link #72
xTinXion07
-Half Vampire-

Quote:

It feels as if this is just following the flow of the light novel readers.

Of course, I can understand why one would love Jeanne if one read the novels, 'tis hard not to love my knight.
Well, I don't know about others. But I'm also not sure why I also like Jeanne lol.
I feel attracted to her character since the light novel. More, when I saw her pic (illustration) and
Spoiler for Light Novel:

She is way too pretty
Is there some sort of spell or hypnotize thingy in there lol.
Old 2011-06-12, 06:29   Link #73
tsunade666

Quote:
Makoto from KOR
What anime is this one from? KOR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Well, all the more why she just needs more screen time. I refuse to believe she's a one time use, maybe at this point I can no longer point out the serious lack of Reki in this series, but if this will be the only time we'll see Jeanne, I'll
This time around trust the author because he knows what the fans want your illusions will be granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In other news, if you combine all of them; Tsundere + Silent + Silver hair = Felli Loss
But Felli was murdered by the studio with their murder butchered story that I don't even think it will be having a 2nd season. Now more so on what's happening in CSR.

Jeanne is just pure winner that it's natural to like the queen. More reason for her to come back.

As for Riko coming back without any problem. Well the other students doesn't know any thing about EU. Even Kinji partner of Aria doesn't know a thing about them. It's top secret enough for an armed prosecuter to arrest you if you go around saying it. The butei students are still students despite being butei. They won't go charging into trouble that will lead on dangerous stuff. Only a wild devil tsundere loli Aria would do that without even thinking of the consequence.
Old 2011-06-12, 06:35   Link #74
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
As for Riko coming back without any problem. Well the other students doesn't know any thing about EU. Even Kinji partner of Aria doesn't know a thing about them. It's top secret enough for an armed prosecuter to arrest you if you go around saying it. The butei students are still students despite being butei. They won't go charging into trouble that will lead on dangerous stuff. Only a wild devil tsundere loli Aria would do that without even thinking of the consequence.
And the same government that wanted to put Aria's mother away forever is allowing Riko to come back as if nothing'd happened.
Old 2011-06-12, 06:51   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But Felli was murdered by the studio with their murder butchered story that I don't even think it will be having a 2nd season. Now more so on what's happening in CSR.

Jeanne is just pure winner that it's natural to like the queen. More reason for her to come back.
Point is; any silver haired girl would have a 30% increased in base reputation.

Felli (CSR), Yuu (Zombie), Yin (DtB), Suigintou (RM)... And now Jeanne (HnA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And the same government that wanted to put Aria's mother away forever is allowing Riko to come back as if nothing'd happened.
Indeed, I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain a [Plead Bargain] doesn't work like that
Old 2011-06-12, 07:15   Link #76
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I am not sure about a plea-bargain for a bus-jacking, but information about EU seems to be extremely treasured in the government.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2011-06-12, 07:50   Link #77
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

LOL! Everyone knows that Riko is the BOMB in the series! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTinXion07 View Post
Well, I don't know about others. But I'm also not sure why I also like Jeanne lol.
I feel attracted to her character since the light novel. More, when I saw her pic (illustration) and
Spoiler for Light Novel:

She is way too pretty
Is there some sort of spell or hypnotize thingy in there lol.
Sorry to bring up my so-called fanboyism once again. But honestly, I like Jeanne exactly in the same way as you do. Which is I'm being attracted to her since the light novel. I don't know why, but it's like a drug that makes me being addicted and never even think about to let it go. LN really influenced some readers in such a way.

Spoiler for LN:

As for her beauty, she's lovely, indeed; could this be the reason that made Jeanne a honey net to many of us (as if we're like a buzzing little bumblebees)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I heave read LN so I am influenced by that.

But as for her attraction - she just has that cool aura without being really a kuudere like Reiki. She has deadpand expression, looks and good voice. She is pretty damn attractive.

Kind of similar to Hitagi from Bekemonogatari in the way she carries herself around but hitagi is much moire tsun at least compared to Jeanne.

But she really has a similar air around her which added with the good looks is a winner for me. Wish to see more of her though.
Hang on! Do Type-C tsundere really exist? I never heard of it before.
Old 2011-06-12, 10:21   Link #78
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Hang on! Do Type-C tsundere really exist? I never heard of it before.
Brace yourself for a rather long post as tsunderes are one of my favorite themes in discussions.

TV Tropes disagree with me but if you read carefully they list Madoka (from KOR) as a mix of both Types (A and B) without really being any of them. Thats what I call Type C, or mature tsundere as she has bot traits but isnt any of the type.

For me more noteable Type C tsunderes are

Misa Hayase (Macross) [1982-1983]
Madoka (Kimagure Orange Road/KOR) [1984–1987]
Hitagi (Bakemonogatari) [2006-ongoing]
Horo (Spice and Wolf) [2006-2011]
Shizuku (Kampfer) [2006-2010]
Sheryl (Macross Frontier) [2006-ongoing]
Kano (Velvet Kiss) [2009-ongoing]

There are a few other types from old manga's and animes I could pick out (as this type was much more popular back in 80's and 90's than now) but these are the ones more known.

Most of them act pretty cool and calm and their tsun is usually insulting, teasing that sometimes can become humiliating for the hero, put downs and alike rather than physical violence.

They are very different from rather childish type A tsunderes like Aria. However Type C's can be sometimes bit childish too, pouting and sulking (Sheryl, Madoka and Horo does it more often than others, Kano recently in Chapter 10 showed her childish side too) but as a rule such acts are rare and only adds more playfulness to their character rtaher than being really annoying (like in Aria's case).

Jeanne reminds some of these character but I need to see more of her in LN or anime to make a better judgement if she really is Type C tsundere or not.

PS. Many may argue that Hitagi (as well as Shizuku) is a kuudere but when you line her up with true kuudere's like Rei from Evangelion or Yuki from Haruhi or Reki from here, this argument does not hold the cryticism as the types are very different.

When Kuudere usually ignores (as its part of being cool persona), tsundere puts down, insults etc.

For many just because character acts cool its enough to be called kuudere but you also have to watch if the character is cool (kuu) or aloof (tsun) in that calm acting.

Stoic, calm, cool girl = kuudere
Stoic, calm, cool girl + put down, insult etc = tsundere

One of most common misconceptions about tsunderes (mostly because Type A popularity) is that tsunderes have to be hotblooded, expressive type who hide their feelings with physical violence. But its not true, Lum (the historically very first tsundere admited by Japanese fans and mangakas alike) was continually confessing her love to the main guy, she was hotblooded though. But afore mentioned Makoto from KOR had the deadpan expression most of the time and rather cool and calm and yet is also a tsundere.

So all in all though hiding ones feelings and being expressive/hotblooded is more common it is not needed for a tsundere. Tsundere to be a tsundere mostly needs to act aloof (tsun) and nice, sweet (dere) in the same relationship, meaning that all other personality traits are changeable.

And Hitagi was certainly aloof, even when she and Araragi became an item she continued to assault him verbally just because she sadistically enjoys watching him squirm. Same though less cruel goes for Shizuku (who has no claims to insult main guy and humiliate him simply because she enjoys it and takes it as a part of her 'teasing').

Horo from spice and Wolf is the most doubtful but she is a tsundere yet takes a lot of Type B traits. I take her as Type C because she is such an unconventional Type B tsundere.

As you know Type B tsundere is generally a normal girl, nice and sweet until they get provoked. Horo rarely gets provoked (because Lawrence is mature and he doesnt go dillydaling to cause Horo jealousy much) and because there are not many females around. But in Nora arc or after Lawrence confession she clearly shows her Type B traits when provoked she is just not often provoked due to before mentioned circumstances.

Quote:
What anime is this one from? KOR?
Should be Madoka (sorry bad spelling). She is main heroine from Kimagure Orange road (thus KOR for short) old series that ran in 1984 – 1987.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-06-12 at 10:51.
Old 2011-06-12, 17:39   Link #79
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ho, crap! Finally someone with a sensible mind in this thread!

I'd give you a cookie if I could convert physical matter into data.

No comment on the episode. It was just generic harem antics for the most part again. Nothing I feel that needs to be talked about.
Lol thanks....well, I'm kinda....an extreme romantic....so....

And I'm Team Aria too (obviously )...so I do not want Kinji to sex another girl.... I want an actual relationship where they both have mutual feelings besides the shallow "you're so sexy hur hur" and a nice romance to blossom slowly but steadily....

Last edited by Chiibi; 2011-06-13 at 00:14.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:50   Link #80
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Lol thanks....well, I'm kinda....an extreme romantic....so....
Even so, I still think that's the right mindset to have. Sex without love just doesn't seem right to me so I never really understand why so many folks here call Kinji stupid when he runs away from it.

Quote:
And I'm Team Aria too (obviously )...so I do not want Kinji to sex another girl.... I want an actual relationship where they both have mutual feelings besides the shallow "you're so sexy hur hur" and a nice romance to blossom slowly but steadily....
One of few Aria fans that's for sure. (Not including myself.)

I really don't care who Kinji ends up with, but it most likely will be Aria if this series ever gets to that point considering she's the titular character.