AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 14 24.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-28, 02:33   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hanasaku Iroha, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-08-28, 09:56   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

HSI 22 - Romeo and Jiromaru

Some good advances made on the romance front, yes, and another intense fight between Ohana and Minko, but the centerpiece of this episode was the wedding. Yuina, natural charmer that she is, makes a great MC. Jiromaru's performance, in all its scenery chewing glory, I can't really fault him for. Artists are artists, and sometimes they do things people don't really understand. The other performance, the cameo of nano.RIPE's Kimiko, was a nice touch, as well as having her sing a new song at the wedding. Nice and heartwarming stuff all around.

Even if Denroku does leave Kissuiso, he probably has another life as a secret agent or something. Dude's way too cool to just go out without a flash and a flare.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:00   Link #3
Goggen

By far the best episode of the second half (so far). Things previously left unsaid are let out in the open, we get some hints of Satsuki's past and the plot actually moves forwards. Curiously, the big cliffhanger scene is held back until after the credits... wonder how many people are gonna miss that. It looks like certain posters' speculation about Sui's intentions with the inn were right...
Old 2011-08-28, 10:11   Link #4
Peanutbutter

Except a few minor blips, this episode was rather well-done.

It's time to pull the curtain on the stage.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:18   Link #5
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Hopefully that's not all about Minchi and Tooru, but otherwise pretty great episode. Ohana's adorable.

Hey, maybe Sui's 'sealing' Kissuiso to leave it to the young ones to change it as they wish?
Old 2011-08-28, 10:32   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ohana is nothing like a bland coffee.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:44   Link #7
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Congrats to ENishi and Takako, she really did look beautiful. Denroku stole the ep for me though. First catching the bouquet instead of Tomoe then with that performance with Jiromaru. Too bad he's retiring.

So we found out the truth about Ohana's dad, nice that Satstuki still loves him. Nice to see Ohana get back in the mindset to go after Ko. Looks liek the cat's out of the bag and Tohru finally knows that Minko likes him. Good to see she's not giving up either.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:48   Link #8
Blaat

The stuff that Minchi said during the Ohana fight reminded me of shipping fanboys, which made the entire fight rather amusing due to the unintentional fourth wall breaking.
Old 2011-08-28, 10:51   Link #9
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Awwww well. I think the chances of the glorious forever alone ending just got reduced.

Oh well. It's still a possibility Largely based on the fact that we haven't got any glimpses of what Ko's been doing at all this last season. It's very doubtful Ohana can just show up.

Mind you, this was an exceptionally good episode in my mind. The wedding was nicely handled and we've found out quite a few interesting thing about the various characters. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that Satsuki liked Ohana's father given that she kept his surname and gave it to Ohana.

Also. Like I predicted many months ago, it turns out this show has a OTP that surpasses the trivialities of Ko/Ohana, Tohru/Minchi, Enishi/Takako and all those random side characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The stuff that Minchi said during the Ohana fight reminded me of shipping fanboys, which made the entire fight rather amusing due to the unintentional fourth wall breaking.
That was pretty funny
Old 2011-08-28, 11:04   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't get it. Why does Sui want to close the inn? Some weird aesthetic?

It's one thing to close down a business that's unprofitable. But to put half a dozen people out of work just because she doesn't feel like continuing?
Old 2011-08-28, 11:04   Link #11
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I hate this anime... Why?

It's because one moment it's mediocre and crushes your expectations for the next episodes, whilst another moment it's mindblowingly great like this one this week. I don't think I've watched an anime that has "trolled" my expectations and enjoyment like Hanasaku Iroha for a long time. Wtf mang? Wtf P.A, I generally dislike tsundere characters in anime, but you're making me tsundere for your anime. You're making me into a hypocrite FFS. :O

Talking about trolls, whilst I was watching through the Ohana x Minko catfight (lol this reminds me of my sig), I couldn't help but imagine what Okada's thought process was other than this (at least until the PV):

Spoiler for Okada's thought process:

Even though I don't know who actually wrote this episode, I'm 110% sure Okada did it. Why? It has all the necessary elements:

1. Relationship Trolling - Classic Okada style
2. Jiromaru being used as a comedy pinata once again - aka Okada still expressing her hate (or love) for Yakaman
3. Beanman crossdressing - Wandering Son, Anohana's Yukiatsu, Ohana's dream of Ko and now this. I think I'm convinced by now that Okada has a crossdressing fetish.

Anyways, I thought this episode was top notch. Number 1, plot moved. Enishi and Takako got married and despite their idiotic actions in the past, have finally gained at least a little bit of respect by me after Hanasaku Iroha has forcibly tried to chug down my throat that these two are to be taken seriously. And I finally bought it. It just took 4 episodes... which I still think however would have been better spent elsewhere and just not make Enishi and Takako look like clowns from the start.

Number 2, romance development. Better yet, romance resolutions. Tooru overhears the catfight between Ohana and Minko, Tooru admits to liking Ohana and Minko admits to liking Tooru. However, instead of chaos erupting like a typical teen drama would, it actually got resolved. Omg, +1 to that.

Number 3, BGM is back. Nano ripe plays a new single with what I'm assuming is a cameo character of her and it's very well fitting. Funny how complaining about a lack of BGM suddenly get's retorted by an inclusion of BGM. This further my imaginary hypothesis that Hanasaku Iroha is just one big troll package anime.

10/10 episode. Unlike episode 20 where i rated it 10/10 because I'm a shameless True Tears fanboy, this one was legit good and definitely the best one since the 2nd cour started. However, due to my hypothesis I will continue to expect that HSI episodes are going to be mediocre and be surprised if it's actually good like this week.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-08-28 at 18:52.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:20   Link #12
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
It's been 22 episodes. I have never liked Minko. And especially after this episode, I am sure I will never ever like her at all. The wedding dress part, wtf. She's so. UGH.

I hope her and Tohru don't end up together. Seems like it'll be a Ko and Ohana end or forever alone Ohana end, but I feel like Ko will reject her next ep. Maybe he's dating glasses girl already. I know there's like 4 eps left but I still have hope for Tohru x Ohana, oh yeah. I'm so happy he admitted to liking her. Too bad for Minko even though she says she won't give up. l:

Takako looked really pretty and the wedding scene was great, this episode was the best in a while.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:36   Link #13
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The fact that we never did get a conclusion to the bookstore girl's story bodes ill for Ohana. The last time she spoke with Ko, it was with a great deal of finality. I doubt he's even available right now. I imagine Ko would be frustrated to have to forget about Ohana over and over again only to have her come chasing after him again each time. Oh well, toot toot, all aboard the jelly train.

If Sui was really closing the inn, why would she need someone to take over the record keeping? Unless she just meant that she wants someone to be a caretaker of the old books. More likely she's going to close Kissuiso as we know it and let the younger crowd transform it into something new, the way she did with her husband.

Tohru's answer to Minko seemed like a bit of a cop-out, but I have to say it helped make him less creepy to admit that he finds Ohana captivating, but doesn't have any intentions on persuing her.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:38   Link #14
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

So, appearently you can just "decide" to have a crush, at least according to our expert in all love related things, Ohana-chan. I really hope that Ko-kun "decides" that glasses-girl is less trouble more real feelings, dumping Ohana for good this time.

So that i can have my Ohana x Nako true ending.
Old 2011-08-28, 12:50   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's funny how the episodes I like the least are the ones the majority seem to like the most. The romance in this anime just bores the shit out of me. And it's not that I don't like romance. I've watched and enjoyed my share of romance anime.

However, here, I just don't care about any of the potential pairings. I kind of liked Ohana x Ko at first, until they made all a melodrama out of it and have Ohana unable to make up her mind (oh look, she changed her mind AGAIN. At this point, I wouldn't surprised if right before confessing to Ko next week, she decides she doesn't like him after all).

Things I loved in this ep: Satsuki's conversation with her daughter and that little message she wrote for the wedding ( ), Sui's announcement, Nako in a wedding curtain dress
Takako looked so ugly compared to her... it was unfair to show Nako wearing it first. Not that anyone can compare to Nako anyway.

Waiting to see what will happen to Kisuisso now. If the anime ends with the inn closing down and Ohana just going back to Tokyo, I'm gonna rage hard.
Old 2011-08-28, 13:21   Link #16
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
1. Relationship Trolling - Classic Okada trolling
Anyone catch the bit of Tomoe pouring sake for Ren?

Last episode I was thinking there's no way they can set that one up without it coming across as forced and fake, but now I'm not so sure.

Quote:
Anyways enough trolling by me and to explain why I thought this episode was top notch. Number 1, plot moved. Enishi and Takako got married and despite their idiotic actions in the past, have finally gained at least a little bit of respect by me after Hanasaku Iroha has forcibly tried to chug down my throat that these two are to be taken seriously. And I finally bought it. It just took 4 episodes... which I still think however would have been better spent elsewhere and just not make Enishi and Takako look like clowns from the start.

Number 2, romance development. Better yet, romance resolutions. Tooru overhears the catfight between Ohana and Minko, Tooru admits to liking Ohana and Minko admits to liking Tooru. However, instead of chaos erupting like a typical teen drama would, it actually got resolved. Omg, +1 to that.
I was happy to see these threads end because to be honest they've been the biggest blight on the show recently (No, the Minko/Tohru thread isn't a "blight" - I actually enjoy that thread - but Minko's bitterness felt like a major backslide for her character). But I didn't like the episode just because it got rid of some of the things that have annoyed me - the manner in which they advanced these threads was beautiful in its own right.

And as usual, there's the many little moments that I loved in this episode. Particular standouts for this episode include Minko and Nako trying on the wedding dress and Tohru writing "love" on sashimi. scenes where Nako and Minko tried on the wedding dress.

Quote:
10/10 episode. Unlike episode 20 where i rated it 10/10 because I'm a shameless True Tears fanboy, this one was legit good and definitely the best one since the 2nd cour started. However, due to my troll hypothesis I will continue to expect that HSI episodes are going to be mediocre and be surprised if it's actually good like this week.
I think that this show's past performance pattern would suggest this is the wrong part of the show to expect mediocrity from. The second cour pacing has followed a pattern that (IMO) is very similar to that of the first cour, except without the first cour's introductary arc.

I will admit the previews are always a total trollfest though. Eagerly waiting finding out the what Kou's line means... I will watch, Great Mistress Okada!

(Actually, one final thought. Sui says "I'm thinking of sealing Kissuiso (etc)" - is she still not completely sure of it? Will the final arc involve the staff trying to convince her otherwise?)

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-08-28, 13:35   Link #17
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I felt that this episode was kinda rushed. Everything was just moving at a ridiculous speed compared to other episodes =0/. I've no idea why they decided to speed through now, when they wasted so much time in previous, less important episodes, but eh, whatever.

I liked Minko bed hair =03. Ohana bed hair looks the same as it always does =0<. And did anyone think that it was Ko that called Ohana at school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
However, here, I just don't care about any of the potential pairings. I kind of liked Ohana x Ko at first, until they made all a melodrama out of it and have Ohana unable to make up her mind (oh look, she changed her mind AGAIN. At this point, I wouldn't surprised if right before confessing to Ko next week, she decides she doesn't like him after all).
I kinda agree with you, but not so much that the drama was overdone as much as his presence in the story completely waned after the first half. It actually felt like the romance was fluttering in-between the small talks and texts they were sending each other, and there was also the Tohru factor that gave it a slight unpredictable edge to it all(even though chances for Kohana were way high), it at least kept things interesting, esp in eps 10~13. But now, 9 episodes later, where Ko has nigh to be seen and barely mentioned in the story's important context, it feels like some random event that they decided to tie up to finish the story rather than something that smoothly progressed as the show continued on. I still prefer Kohana over Tohana, but really, I just don't care anymore =0\.
Old 2011-08-28, 13:39   Link #18
ookamigirl

Takako sure is fired up about the wedding!
Minchi and Tohru, that's a total one sided love... busted by Tohru in a fight with Ohana about who likes who. That sucked & what sucked even more is him telling Minchi he likes Ohana more.
Well, she's not giving up on Tohru & neither is Ohana on Ko.
Wedding was nice.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-08-28, 15:05   Link #19
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

This attempt at romantic drama reminds me of the feeling I get when I watch Itsuno Tenma...
In the end, Minch was just being hysteric.
Er...
Well, her bed hair was nice.

And then the wedding...
The main problems here were:
1. I have to see Takako dressed up as a bride (Eww...)
2. The singer appears as a character and speaks in such a horribly obvious bou-hime voice, and on top of that, she SINGS! Oh geez, let that voice torture me only in the OP.

But anyways, the episode wasn't horrible. It was funny watching Minch just be stupid. It was also funny seeing Yamakan find his non-existing lover.
And I got another laugh when Kou-chan finally reappeared in the preview.

So all in all, it was a funny episode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-08-28, 16:43   Link #20
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
This attempt at romantic drama reminds me of the feeling I get when I watch Itsuno Tenma...
In the end, Minch was just being hysteric.
Er...
Well, her bed hair was nice.

And then the wedding...
The main problems here were:
1. I have to see Takako dressed up as a bride (Eww...)
2. The singer appears as a character and speaks in such a horribly obvious bou-hime voice, and on top of that, she SINGS! Oh geez, let that voice torture me only in the OP.

But anyways, the episode wasn't horrible. It was funny watching Minch just be stupid. It was also funny seeing Yamakan find his non-existing lover.
And I got another laugh when Kou-chan finally reappeared in the preview.

So all in all, it was a funny episode.

You think so.. Hmm I was so disappointed in this episode it was the series rating fell down from 9 to 3 and if there was some redeeming parts in this episode, I would agree with you on that part, watching Minchi acting in a stupid way.
WHAT THE HECK with Ohana choosing to go back to Kouichi!!!!! Like what we have watching so far of characters development was just A TROLL.