AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 22:51   Link #4521
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Tom Coughlin just hugged Flavor Flav on NFL Network...

Hilarious xD...
Old 2012-02-05, 22:53   Link #4522
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
1 more superbowl appearance isn't out of the question. Two more if he's exceptionally fortunate.
If the Patriots can get some defensive back help (they had a shut down corner in Ty Law during there first three championships and Lawyer Milloy during the first two) and some receivers that aren't built for the slot or over-the-hill/washed up, a couple more runs are definitely not out the question.

But I don't want that to happen.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 22:57   Link #4523
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Underwood would've caught that hail mary
Old 2012-02-05, 23:06   Link #4524
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That game was boring as $hit in the first half and 3rd Qtr and I'm a football purist (7 people in my living room agreed)...Maybe the Saints offense and the spectacular visual enjoyment I've been afforded for half a decade has clouded me, but if 5 yard stick routes by Tom Brady gets you flying on a sheet of Silver Surfer Ice so be it...Enjoy..
Didn't say it clouded you, you can like that all you want, but I just find it boring as hell to watch shootouts, at least nowadays. I like watching simple methods work well and straight forward tough nosed football, not all this flashy BS where half the passes are completed to wide open recievers in zone coverage. All these high octane offensive games are so predictable that these "great" moments or drives seem trivial. You know the D is going to get destroyed and you know you're going to see some terrible zone defense at work adding insult to injury. Wow all these acrobatic catches from recievers thanks to defenders not being able to lay a damn finger on a reciever anymore. This is so fun to watch, when did football become basketball?

Seriously everytime I see a game down to the wire I'm not surprised by these last minute drives nor inspired since half of them boil down to prevent D giving offenses free passes.

Quote:

As for Brady, if he wins he's GOAT, if he loses he falls back to the pack and is a two time loser of the game...Now history will show that the first 3 SBs were more on the D because in clear offensive personnel years he couldn't win it...Hell even in the SBs he won, he never won the game as much as he didn't convert 3rd down so Vineteri had to kick 50 yarders (yeah that was a low blow, but now history can ARGUE this, and whether you like it or not this is what Sports historians do and they do it in lyrical fashion as you've seen)...
Wow you mean its a team game!?

So Tebow can have all the credit for moving a kicker in for a 60 something yard field goal or his RB pulling a 60+ run to put them in FG range, but Brady can't since he didn't kick the FG or do all the work, blasphemy.

Brady put together some nice drives in some big games to set his team up for winning those big games. No misinformation there.

Quote:

And Spygate was real...Go do a hardcore google on it, like some page 5 level $hit, it's there and it's good for them in my eyes...
You know what else was real, the fact that other teams were doing the same thing, heck most sports have been doing sign stealing for ages. Its basically been apart of sports forever (still is heavily done in Baseball).

There are plenty of articles and interviews to read that basically sheds light on how overblown the whole controversy became. There is enough evidence to show they didn't exactly develop a form of espionage that no one else had figured out.

Basically most of the league was doing it or was suspected of doing it and the bigger reason behind the huge problem with Bill was that he continued to do it even after a league sent memorandum telling teams to not do such things was sent out. I honestly just can't put all that much stock into that whole spygate thing acting as if it were the sole reason (or the main reason) they won those super bowls.

In the end I'm just sick of people starting a riot everytime some team gets found out when it comes to sign stealing. This shouldn't be a shock anymore.

P.S. No hard feelings Wing, just the typical back and forth you and me have I suppose.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2012-02-05 at 23:21.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 23:28   Link #4525
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^None taken dude please...

History judges these QB's and where it seemed Brady would have a chance at a pantheon of his own, he falls back to the pack and is now a multiple SB loser..His legacy has changed and arguably has been tarnished...You can't disprove that...

Quote:
Wow all these acrobatic catches from recievers thanks to defenders not being able to lay a damn finger on a reciever anymore. This is so fun to watch, when did football become basketball?
It's fun to watch offensively efficient offense with superstar level players making awesome plays...I can't deny that it's fun..I think the public agrees...I can enjoy a defensive battle, but ugly offense isn't always a defensive battle...It's $hit offense..It's 5 yard crossing patterns for 5 yards...It's hard to watch sometimes, especially in the final game of the season...

Drew Brees gets receivers open with so many techniques in the scheme, it isn't just 1,000% because of the rules because if it was you'd have the whole league doing this instead of 6 guys out of 32 having jawdropping years...It's not a mutually exclusive argument...

Quote:
the huge problem with Bill was that he continued to do it even after a league sent memorandum
So he cheated then when the league told him to stop cheating he still had a network of individuals secretly cheated...Then he got a half a million dollar fine documenting the cheating...

i mean that's that...
Old 2012-02-05, 23:33   Link #4526
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
^It's fun to watch offensively efficient offense with superstar level players making awesome plays...I can't deny that it's fun..I think the public agrees...I can enjoy a defensive battle, but ugly offense isn't always a defensive battle...It's $hit offense..It's 5 yard crossing patterns for 5 yards...It's hard to watch sometimes, especially in the final game of the season...
This is actually very true. Just like offense is enhanced due to bad defense, a lot of people confuse 'defensive struggles' with flat out inept offense. Not that this game was that, it was just an average game. A not overly offensive or defensive game that the Giants won by not making the self-inflicted mistakes the Pats made (Brady's safety, the unnecessary throw across the field on 2nd down that was intercepted, Welker's drop, etc.) and some lucky bounces on fumbles.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-02-05 at 23:44.
Old 2012-02-05, 23:34   Link #4527
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Grats to my G-men, and the pats for putting a great game against them. Bradshaw shitt*n a touchdown
Old 2012-02-05, 23:40   Link #4528
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
^
Drew Brees gets receivers open with so many techniques in the scheme, it isn't just 1,000% because of the rules because if it was you'd have the whole league doing this instead of 6 guys out of 32 having jawdropping years...It's not a mutually exclusive argument...
I can't deny that it is ugly quite often, but I still find myself enjoying those games still. I suppose I'm biased in that regard. I like watchign teams sometimes struggle and then figure it out so to speak, get their act together and win. Again I'm not going to further argue that whole deal, to whatever the indivdual enjoys.

As for the Saints, I definitely came a bit strong on that argument, but I was merely stating that already good offenses just add further insult to injury with the way the games played that these shootouts become beat downs often. You still need a good offense to trump people like that no doubt.

Yet even with the "crappier" offenses that pull these game winning drives, I just can't help but feel like prevent D just hurts more than it helps and causes a lot of these comeback drives.

Quote:
^
So he cheated then when the league told him to stop cheating he still had a network of individuals secretly cheated...Then he got a half a million dollar fine documenting the cheating...

i mean that's that...
Yes, and he payed for it, but like I said why act like it is any more beneficial to them than it would have been to any other team doing it at the time?

Quote:
[COLOR="Red"]
History judges these QB's and where it seemed Brady would have a chance at a pantheon of his own, he falls back to the pack and is now a multiple SB loser..His legacy has changed and arguably has been tarnished...You can't disprove that...
Well he is up there with super bowl starts, there are only a handful of guys that have even started 4 or 5 super bowls. Only two of them have gone undefeated (Bradshaw and Montana) and Brady now sits along with Elway at the top with lots of super bowl starts, but not having won them all. Yet I don't think Elway has much of a tarnished legacy.

I mean its not like Brady is Jim Kelly who started 4 and lost all 4.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 00:23   Link #4529
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Personally I think Elway is the best QB ever, but not for the SBs, for his skill set...Brady's legacy in terms of losing this game is much different than had he won it...That just sports...
Old 2012-02-06, 03:49   Link #4530
Samari
World's Greatest

When talking about the greatest quarterback of all time, it's quite simple:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 04:36   Link #4531
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post

(Joe Montana pic)
Even if Brady somehow manages to win a 4th -- the 2 losses will still drop him below Cool Joe. In fact, the Brady-Montana comparisons need to stop.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 06:14   Link #4532
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so like indeed lightning did strike twice again yes the giants beat pats to win super bowl.

indeed deja vu all over again from same qb, same coach, an american idol winner doing National Anthem, giants' D-fense stop brady & eli get the trophy.

indeed deja vu all over again & congrats the giants.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 06:54   Link #4533
Mentar
Banned

Highlight of the evening for me: The funny scene at the final touchdown when the NY running back tried hard to stop before the end zone, but eventually toppled over and dropped on his @ss for the TD, giving the Patriots 1 more minute to try ^_^

Cute scene!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 09:15   Link #4534
hinakatbklyn

In a few of the Giants regular season games, the defense would allow the opposing team on the final drive of the game with less than a minute left (Green Bay for example) to go from their end zone / 20 yard line to field goal range with no trouble. Bradshaw was running into the endzone, but remembered too late that he didn't want to give Brady another chance at scoring a touchdown with less than a minute left. I don't think the Giants could have gotten another first down, so I think New England would still get the ball back (less time but also no need to go for a touchdown to win.)

Without the dropped passes and the one sack early in the Patriots final drive, they would be much closer than the 50 yard line and Brady would not need a Hail Mary pass. I was still worried right up until the ball dropped to the ground on the final play of the game. Only then could I celebrate the Giants victory (with the rest of the Giant fans).
Old 2012-02-06, 13:07   Link #4535
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Mrs. Tom Brady is mad.
Old 2012-02-06, 14:08   Link #4536
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Indeed. They played in different eras, but for what Joe did in his, I don't see Brady ever surpassing him.
Old 2012-02-06, 16:44   Link #4537
Kyuu
=^^=

So, now, consider this question:

http://www.coltsauthority.com/links/...-a-choker.html

As much as Brady had won earlier in his career -- he's been losing just as much.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 17:00   Link #4538
Alchemist007
*Author

He's not my favorite guy but I wouldn't say he choked.
Old 2012-02-06, 18:54   Link #4539
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

was a fun game, didn't think it was boring at all and lolz the Patriots being held to 17 points

am I the only one that enjoyed the half-time show? >.> I wasn't expecting a whole lot considering what we've been getting the past few years, but I was pleasantly surprised and I put it above the crap they've put out since Janet's boob made it's debut...and for being like 50, Madonna can still move around.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 19:47   Link #4540
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

a few years late but whatever.

Tags
american football, sports