AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-06, 09:17   Link #121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yuno looks even cuter somehow now... OH GOD MY NUTBLADDER! The art and animation were truly gorgeous. There was a serious lack of widefaces, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also
Spoiler for Episode 1:

P.S: I want more Natsume, Nori and Arisawa!
As you said, it's Hiro and Sae. I didn't notice anything too unusual for them. They've been acting like a married couple for four seasons now
Old 2012-10-06, 09:26   Link #122
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
As you said, it's Hiro and Sae. I didn't notice anything too unusual for them. They've been acting like a married couple for four seasons now
No way, only this season has the yuri light between them been so bright that you almost don't need glasses anymore.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 10:16   Link #123
SamCurt

They're just following the manga; the yuri did grow from subtext to text in the past 2 years.

EDIT, on Yuko Gotou's blog entry.

Quote:
Two of my managers carried me to the studio.

All of the studio's staff contacting with me put masks to prevent infection.
I was told Yuko actually has to be carried in for the past year or so. It is pretty evident that she's still on high doses of immunomodulants.

I think she needs a rest for a year or so; it appeared her lupus worsened because of her work--to be precise, lost track of her condition because of work. Sources say she originally promised her parents to do weekly WBC counts which she didn't do...

Last edited by SamCurt; 2012-10-06 at 12:18.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 23:30   Link #124
Random Wanderer

Welcome back, Ume-sensei!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
No way, only this season has the yuri light between them been so bright that you almost don't need glasses anymore.
Do you remember one of Sae's projects from her first year? A drawing of lilies?

To me they've always been pretty blatant, so I can't really tell if they've been escalating it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
I was told Yuko actually has to be carried in for the past year or so. It is pretty evident that she's still on high doses of immunomodulants.

I think she needs a rest for a year or so; it appeared her lupus worsened because of her work--to be precise, lost track of her condition because of work. Sources say she originally promised her parents to do weekly WBC counts which she didn't do...
I hope everyone's keeping a close eye on her this time around. It would be terrible for her to relapse.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 13:39   Link #125
Dop
Mmmm....

Crikey, you can tell SHAFT are rolling in money at the moment, can't you?
I remember when you had to wait until halfway through the series before you got OP and ED sequences, and when episodes went to air when they were only half finished...

This is the one show I've looked forward to the most this season.

Watching this was like coming home to a warm house on a cold day, kicking off your shoes and curling up on the sofa with a really good cup of tea. Quite wonderfully cosy.

Spoiler for Set Phasers on HNNNNNNGGGHHHH:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:56   Link #126
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Crikey, you can tell SHAFT are rolling in money at the moment, can't you?
I remember when you had to wait until halfway through the series before you got OP and ED sequences, and when episodes went to air when they were only half finished...
That was a surprise. I was expecting the standard "placeholder" OP and ED until at least 3 episodes in.
Old 2012-10-07, 16:04   Link #127
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed. The surprise of the season is seeing the OP/ED actually being finished on time. I'm impressed.

[/lowstandards]
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 16:13   Link #128
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Indeed. The surprise of the season is seeing the OP/ED actually being finished on time. I'm impressed.

[/lowstandards]
Shaft's no longer being Shaft. What has this world came to? If we don't get at least a few random cuts here and there due to lack of time/budget to animate the scene I'm going to start believing that the end trully is near and 2012 is the end of days.
Old 2012-10-07, 19:06   Link #129
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Shaft's no longer being Shaft. What has this world came to? If we don't get at least a few random cuts here and there due to lack of time/budget to animate the scene I'm going to start believing that the end trully is near and 2012 is the end of days.
And KyoAni's outshafted SHAFT. Yup, the world's already turning inside out.

Back to my Hidamari Sketch x Android 3.0....
Old 2012-10-12, 02:20   Link #130
SamCurt

A prank [a fansub group] made in approx. 13:09 of Ep 2:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-12 at 04:05. Reason: This show is licensed; you may not mention fansub groups + added images tag
Old 2012-10-12, 03:09   Link #131
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
A prank [a fansub group] made in approx. 13:09 of Ep 2:

*snip*
Honestly....? I don't get the joke at all.

...or do I?!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-12 at 04:04. Reason: edit quoted post
Old 2012-10-12, 05:56   Link #132
Misago

ahhhhhhhhh so glad this series is back
( X '_____' )
Misago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 08:23   Link #133
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Honestly....? I don't get the joke at all.

...or do I?!
I don't think the following is a spoiler:

In S1E10, when the (currently) eleven- and twelve-graders went to Masa-no-yu the first time, Shaft probably ran out of budget. So they replace the mural in the bathhouse with the words for Mount Fuji.
Old 2012-10-12, 09:29   Link #134
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 02 - Yuno-sama!

Still got that Hidamari magic. The return of the bathhouse was pretty enjoyable, with Yuno and Miyako helping out the newbies in just the right way - with some mutual boob-touching. Even the jokes about Hiro's weight bought a smile to my face. Miyako knows just the right thing to say, even if she hasn't quite figured out the right way to say it. The interplay between Yuno trying to be more like Sae and Hiro, and Sae and Hiro's trip, was really well directed. And of course, Yoshinoya's melon costume. All the little moments in this episode made for a great two-part story. Having Sae and Hiro away from the gang for a bit did give some variety to the proceedings, but things will be even better when they're around. There's still plenty more episodes to go.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 14:00   Link #135
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I love how Hiro is still concerned about her weight as ever, how Miyako is close to becoming a true gourmet (I still wonder if there's anything she won't eat), how the Sae x Hiro yuri seems to becoming stronger and stronger, to the point where everyone sees it, and how Yuno keeps trying to be a reliable upperclassmen towards Nori and Nazuna (and is not doing a good job so far).

Sae becoming all flustered about having her underwear seen from a couple of hundred feet down was hilarious.
Old 2012-10-13, 16:10   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Who drew the end card? The style looks familiar.
Old 2012-10-13, 17:38   Link #137
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Still the good old Hidamari Sketch I've missed. It's interesting that minor characters who are not so prominent getting some more dialogue this season beside the landlady, the principal and Yoshinoya Sensei. And I hope Natsumi gets more screentime. Just too amusing and cute to see her tsuntsun side towards Hiro. Hope she takes Hiro's offer for a little visit.
Old 2012-10-14, 12:02   Link #138
teja208
Critical fanboy

Has Hidamari always been this fanservicey? The casts seems to be acting kinda... a bit ecchi? Can't really find the right word to describe it but here are some highlights.

Yoshinoya dressing up as melon this time. Well, that typical for her.

So the first thing Sae noticed in the morning is Hiro's slipping yukata. I'd say she seems very protective of her wife's assets.

Yuno, after asking Miyako for advice, came to the conclusion that watching over her underclassmen = stalking them.

Don't know how much more can shy Nazuna handle Nori's straightforwardness, but definitely enjoy every moment of it especially the part where Nori just snatch away Nazuna's bath towel.

I expected Hiro to get embarrassed while standing on the transparent platform but turns out it's Sae instead.

Miyako's boobies are free for grabbing. How nice of her.

Hope I wasn't the only one, but the third year girl with white hair and black ribbon is starting to grow on me. She keeps telling others what to do during the trip.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 15:09   Link #139
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Has Hidamari always been this fanservicey? The casts seems to be acting kinda... a bit ecchi? Can't really find the right word to describe it but here are some highlights.

Yoshinoya dressing up as melon this time. Well, that typical for her.

So the first thing Sae noticed in the morning is Hiro's slipping yukata. I'd say she seems very protective of her wife's assets.

Yuno, after asking Miyako for advice, came to the conclusion that watching over her underclassmen = stalking them.

Don't know how much more can shy Nazuna handle Nori's straightforwardness, but definitely enjoy every moment of it especially the part where Nori just snatch away Nazuna's bath towel.

I expected Hiro to get embarrassed while standing on the transparent platform but turns out it's Sae instead.

Miyako's boobies are free for grabbing. How nice of her.
Spoiler for Comparison to the source material:

Quote:
Hope I wasn't the only one, but the third year girl with white hair and black ribbon is starting to grow on me. She keeps telling others what to do during the trip.
White hair? I don't see anyone with white hair... Black ribbon... there's a girl with a sort of peach-colored hair and a black ribbon...

Anyway, I'm fairly fond of the various classmates we've seen for all the girls. They all seem like good people.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-14 at 19:26. Reason: Spoiler tag for comparison
Old 2012-10-15, 15:55   Link #140
maximilianjenus
[E]

Gayest show this season. best healing show too.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen