AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-26, 16:07   Link #1
BradleySmith
*IT Support

So what do you guys think of water flouridation?

Personally i cant stand it and have a reverse osmosis 5 stage that i plumbed in to stop drinking it.

Check me out!
Old 2013-01-26, 16:08   Link #2
Kudryavka

No, I like flouride water b/c it helps my teeth get stronger.
Old 2013-01-26, 16:11   Link #3
BradleySmith
*IT Support

Helps teeth, but had like 50 other bad side effects lol, It was used in the war to dumb down nazi's in the concentration camps.

Check me out!
Old 2013-01-26, 16:35   Link #4
Kudryavka

What?

I wash my mouth with fluoruide every night, is that bad?
Old 2013-01-26, 16:36   Link #5
Alchemist007
*Author

Washing mouth != drinking it.
Old 2013-01-26, 16:38   Link #6
Kudryavka

It still gets absorbed by the skin in your cheeks.

Well now I feel scared. I guess I'll go to antiseptic but damn that stuff stings!
Old 2013-01-26, 18:05   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Don't be so scared. Like everything, it's doses that count.
Old 2013-01-26, 18:25   Link #8
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
It still gets absorbed by the skin in your cheeks.

Well now I feel scared. I guess I'll go to antiseptic but damn that stuff stings!
To an insignificant degree. It's completely different form drinking it. It's not VX nerve gas
Old 2013-01-26, 18:26   Link #9
Kudryavka

Ok, never mind then.

But wow I never knew flouride was so bad. It was in our drinking fountain water at school. lol
Old 2013-01-26, 18:45   Link #10
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
It's not bad. If it was bad it wouldn't be in all of our drinking water. These conspiracy theories are moronic.

http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/

Also this offers a good perspective on fluoridation:

Old 2013-01-26, 19:03   Link #11
Bri

First thing I thought of when reading this topic was this scene:

"Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?"
Old 2013-01-26, 19:15   Link #12
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

It's good for your teeth.

The conspiracy theories are all nonsense.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:30   Link #13
Byakou

Whether fluoride is good or bad is unimportant. It's forced medication with no control of dosage and no taking in account other sources of fluoride a person might be exposed to. Infants and children often get dental fluorosis because dosage is completely disregarded. Fluorosis is a condition that causes teeth and bones to be more brittle and it causes permanent stains on the teeth. This is highly documented and not something lunatics came out with, you can find the stats on the CDC website: 40% of teens have some degree of fluorosis. Anyone who thinks this is okay is a moron.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:31   Link #14
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's not bad. If it was bad it wouldn't be in all of our drinking water. These conspiracy theories are moronic.

http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/

Also this offers a good perspective on fluoridation:

*snip*
Thanks for this, syn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Whether fluoride is good or bad is unimportant. It's forced medication with no control of dosage and no taking in account other sources of fluoride a person might be exposed to. Infants and children often get dental fluorosis because dosage is completely disregarded. Fluorosis is a condition that causes teeth and bones to be more brittle and it causes permanent stains on the teeth. This is highly documented and not something lunatics came out with, you can find the stats on the CDC website: 40% of teens have some degree of fluorosis. Anyone who thinks this is okay is a moron.
I understand your point. And I drink water with flouride and use flouride mouthwash. For me, I do it because I have abnormally little tooth enamel, to the point that I cant drink anything below room temperature without extreme pain... I think flouride is my answer to rebuilding my teeth without going to the orthodontist.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:12   Link #15
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
I have a head full of broken and eroded teeth thanks to a genetic abnormality. Without water fluoridation, you'd see this more often and it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. I'm just waiting for my two big incisors to finish breaking off and then I won't be able to bite things or speak properly.

Fluorosis can only affect children who haven't shed their deciduous teeth yet. The best way to keep it from happening is to just use non-fluoridated toothpaste. I would be willing to bet that most severe cases of fluorosis result from kids whose parents get them some "kid flavor" toothpaste that they eat a lot of... and end up with too much fluoride.
Old 2013-01-26, 20:59   Link #16
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I have a head full of broken and eroded teeth thanks to a genetic abnormality. Without water fluoridation, you'd see this more often and it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. I'm just waiting for my two big incisors to finish breaking off and then I won't be able to bite things or speak properly.

Fluorosis can only affect children who haven't shed their deciduous teeth yet. The best way to keep it from happening is to just use non-fluoridated toothpaste. I would be willing to bet that most severe cases of fluorosis result from kids whose parents get them some "kid flavor" toothpaste that they eat a lot of... and end up with too much fluoride.
Ow, I'm really sorry syn... I feel your pain.
Closed Thread