Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-19, 22:52   Link #1
Nakigoe
Custom User Title? OK!

Create your own Soul Slayer! v2.0

Well since I got such a wonderful response from the first thread I decided to start it again, with a twist!

Now along with drawing your sealed/shikai/bankai soul slayer, I want to see its manifestation. To clarify, the manifestation is the true form that only the owner sees (Dude in sunglasses for Ichigo's Zangetsu, Baboon/Snake for Renji's Zabimaru). You can draw one, or the other, or both! If you have the artpad link for your original Soul Slayer post then you can just paste it in the same post as its manifestation.
Also while Artpad is a great tool that gives everyone a level ground, dont be hesitant to turn in pencil drawings, photoshop/paintshop jobs, or anything.

For those who dont know, Artpad is a tool that records every stroke of the brush and then at the end plays it back in a little movie fashion. If anyone can recover the old thread somehow that would be so great. It would be a shame to lose all those great ideas.

Notes:
Dont put text descriptions in your artpad drawing, put them in your post instead.
To save the drawing, hit send and email it to yourself.
It is wisest to view all artpad movies at "fast" speed, otherwise they can take a long time.
Whenever you post a drawing please comment on other's work. This is a wonderful opportunity to share our creativity, which is an important aspect in life!

I am unable to recover my old artpad drawing as an example but i will post a new one soon!

Edited to fix links
Old 2005-12-19, 23:22   Link #2
Captain Picard
LUElinks Forever

Send a message via AIM to Captain Picard
Aw man, my weed Shikai is gone!

I'll have to remake it soon.
Old 2006-01-13, 12:55   Link #3
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?it1lh7cndfw

My drawing sucks :\

Jigo-maru
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?it1lm31gn4jc
From left to right. Sealed, Shikai, Bankai.

Shi-kai can take spirit energy and compress it into a curved blade and spin it like saw blades towards the enemy.

Ban-kai
Allows one to create a multitude of small, but powerful imp-like creatures whom obey your every thought and syncronise with you in attacks, In its final form it turns the user into a towering giant who is similar to a great winged devil, Which can expell blasts of condensed spirit energy from its mouth, and attack with its claws and sickle tipped tail.

I feel so stupid >_>
Old 2006-01-16, 23:36   Link #4
Cyborg Stan

Ozymandias

"Sword of Decay"
"The Dust Emperor"
"King of Kings"

Manifestation

Ozymandias manifests himself as a bound mummy. A beautiful crown of delicate gold adorns his head, in his withered hands are powerful symbols of office, but the rest of him is covered in banages, his arms forever bound to his chest. Two holes are in the face are where the eyes are, and when he speaks, his voice is like that of a very old man whose throat is coated with thousands of years of dust.

Sealed Form

The Sealed Form of Ozymandias is a longsword, doubled-edged with a three foot long straight blade that tapers smoothly into to a very fine and sharp point. A crossguard decorated with a carved face protects the hands, while the hilt is long enough for use with both hands. It ends with a short counterweight with a small spike for close-in stabbing. The balance is enough so that it can be used comfortably one-handed if need be, and a left-handed guantlet allows one to use half-swording techniques if possible. (I suspect I've been reading thearma.org a bit much.) In terms of size, it's probably closer to under-average for Bleach. (If you really want alot of power, just use both hands and swing really hard.) It can be used very well in both stabbing and cutting.

Shinkai (See a picture of the Shinkai form here)

The entire sword gains a decayed appearance. The blade rusts profusely, gaining nicks in the edge and sometimes even small holes in the side. The crossguard cracks and crumbles a bit, and the hilt has the covering wearing itself to tatters. However, this is deceiving (or not, since I doubt that you'd actually think I'd make a Shinkai weaker than the Sealed Form.) In addition to doing whatever the sealed form does (which admittedly is mostly putting holes or chopping up enemies), it infects any wound it makes with 'decay'. The user can selectively will what decays and what doesn't, and the rate that it happens up to a point. The decay depends on the surface area of the cut and the decayed volume, so a small nick does less decay than a large, deep cut. This 'decay' feature can even affect inanimate objects or parts of the enviroment - perhaps more so, since having high spiritual energy should be able to help resist the effects of the decay for a time, at the cost of using up said energy.

In terms of tactics, this form can allow for a hit-and-run game, making small nicks and going on the defensive. In this case, the longer the fight, the better advantage that the wielder of Ozymandias holds. It would also be the case that once one gets hit with the decay, running away is no longer an option. Furthermore, the more cluttered the enviroment, the more power a (smart) wielder has - imagine say, tracing out a line on the side of a building with the tip, and then decaying the side so you can use the entire thing as a trap. Fighting on the inside would be even nastier, and if the opponent is unlucky enough to fight underground... well they can quickly say hello to the roof entering their heads. In contrast, it is relatively underpowered on open ground. While the 'decay' effect isn't a nice thing to get hit by, there's far nastier things to get hit by with far faster effects.

Ban Kai - "Dust in the Wind" (Artpad drawing accidently lost)

Upon activation, the sword becomes much larger but also begins the rust at a very accelerated rate, soon turning entirely into red-colored dust. The wielder's clothes gain a very worn/tattered appearance. In this form, the dust can be freely controlled. From an abrasive wind that simply corrodes a target, to a concentrated, rapidly moving band that can slice just like a razor, to anything in-between. Of course, it still uses the 'decay' feature, this time even more powerful than before. Very deadly in an enclosed enviroment (Just let the dust move throughout, you can't hide and you have difficulty running. It's even worse when considering you can also do even more tricks with the enviroment than in the Shinkai form) and not as underpowered in an open enviroment.

Since it still relies on surface area and time for the rate of effects, there's some interesting things about this. For one, it's possibly one of the better counters to Byakuga's 'Sakura' ability, as there would be a massive amount of surface area to affect. Charging in with a massive, one-shot strike would be a better idea. Ichigo's speed-ability would make him harder to affect, considering that the Decay has less time to work, but can be countered by the fact that Ichigo would be running into the dust, in effect like running onto a small of dust-like blades, and the fact he seems to want to run around in alot of directions that isn't directly towards or away from the target, making him hit the 'Dust' much more than he would've otherwise. Probably the best option would be a massive, long range energy blast from afar - less chance of encountering dust, and the surface area/volume ratio would ensure that more of the blast seeps through rather than being 'eaten up' quickly like a smaller blast. Even so, one would have to contend with a possible counter-blast of Dust, a disruption from uneven waves of Dust, or more likely the use of Dust to obscure the user and to create bushin-like 'images' (zOMG naruto fan KILL HIM) that distract and confuse the enemy.

Other notes

The name and theme of Ozymandias comes from a poem of the same name by Percy Bysshe Shelley. It goes like this :

Quote:
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
The name of the Ban Kai is from a song by Kanas, entitled predictively enough 'Dust in the Wind' and even more predictively contains that line repeatedly. It also fits into the theme.

In terms of how it fits me, I guess I could say I tend towards a certain amount of pessism and can see how some things would turn out in the long run. In terms of the Bleach universe, I'd say that it almost seems less like the weapon of a 'pure' Shinigami and more like one of a 'hybrid' type - I can imagine an Egpytian-like mask appearing in a part-hollow form.

Not having read the previous thread all the way through, I hope this is original enough.
Old 2006-01-17, 07:14   Link #5
chImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Stan
Ozymandias

"Sword of Decay"
"The Dust Emperor"
"King of Kings"

Manifestation

Ozymandias manifests himself as a bound mummy. A beautiful crown of delicate gold adorns his head, in his withered hands are powerful symbols of office, but the rest of him is covered in banages, his arms forever bound to his chest. Two holes are in the face are where the eyes are, and when he speaks, his voice is like that of a very old man whose throat is coated with thousands of years of dust.

Sealed Form

The Sealed Form of Ozymandias is a longsword, doubled-edged with a three foot long straight blade that tapers smoothly into to a very fine and sharp point. A crossguard decorated with a carved face protects the hands, while the hilt is long enough for use with both hands. It ends with a short counterweight with a small spike for close-in stabbing. The balance is enough so that it can be used comfortably one-handed if need be, and a left-handed guantlet allows one to use half-swording techniques if possible. (I suspect I've been reading thearma.org a bit much.) In terms of size, it's probably closer to under-average for Bleach. (If you really want alot of power, just use both hands and swing really hard.) It can be used very well in both stabbing and cutting.

Shinkai (See a picture of the Shinkai form here)

The entire sword gains a decayed appearance. The blade rusts profusely, gaining nicks in the edge and sometimes even small holes in the side. The crossguard cracks and crumbles a bit, and the hilt has the covering wearing itself to tatters. However, this is deceiving (or not, since I doubt that you'd actually think I'd make a Shinkai weaker than the Sealed Form.) In addition to doing whatever the sealed form does (which admittedly is mostly putting holes or chopping up enemies), it infects any wound it makes with 'decay'. The user can selectively will what decays and what doesn't, and the rate that it happens up to a point. The decay depends on the surface area of the cut and the decayed volume, so a small nick does less decay than a large, deep cut. This 'decay' feature can even affect inanimate objects or parts of the enviroment - perhaps more so, since having high spiritual energy should be able to help resist the effects of the decay for a time, at the cost of using up said energy.

In terms of tactics, this form can allow for a hit-and-run game, making small nicks and going on the defensive. In this case, the longer the fight, the better advantage that the wielder of Ozymandias holds. It would also be the case that once one gets hit with the decay, running away is no longer an option. Furthermore, the more cluttered the enviroment, the more power a (smart) wielder has - imagine say, tracing out a line on the side of a building with the tip, and then decaying the side so you can use the entire thing as a trap. Fighting on the inside would be even nastier, and if the opponent is unlucky enough to fight underground... well they can quickly say hello to the roof entering their heads. In contrast, it is relatively underpowered on open ground. While the 'decay' effect isn't a nice thing to get hit by, there's far nastier things to get hit by with far faster effects.

Ban Kai - "Dust in the Wind" (Artpad drawing accidently lost)

Upon activation, the sword becomes much larger but also begins the rust at a very accelerated rate, soon turning entirely into red-colored dust. The wielder's clothes gain a very worn/tattered appearance. In this form, the dust can be freely controlled. From an abrasive wind that simply corrodes a target, to a concentrated, rapidly moving band that can slice just like a razor, to anything in-between. Of course, it still uses the 'decay' feature, this time even more powerful than before. Very deadly in an enclosed enviroment (Just let the dust move throughout, you can't hide and you have difficulty running. It's even worse when considering you can also do even more tricks with the enviroment than in the Shinkai form) and not as underpowered in an open enviroment.

Since it still relies on surface area and time for the rate of effects, there's some interesting things about this. For one, it's possibly one of the better counters to Byakuga's 'Sakura' ability, as there would be a massive amount of surface area to affect. Charging in with a massive, one-shot strike would be a better idea. Ichigo's speed-ability would make him harder to affect, considering that the Decay has less time to work, but can be countered by the fact that Ichigo would be running into the dust, in effect like running onto a small of dust-like blades, and the fact he seems to want to run around in alot of directions that isn't directly towards or away from the target, making him hit the 'Dust' much more than he would've otherwise. Probably the best option would be a massive, long range energy blast from afar - less chance of encountering dust, and the surface area/volume ratio would ensure that more of the blast seeps through rather than being 'eaten up' quickly like a smaller blast. Even so, one would have to contend with a possible counter-blast of Dust, a disruption from uneven waves of Dust, or more likely the use of Dust to obscure the user and to create bushin-like 'images' (zOMG naruto fan KILL HIM) that distract and confuse the enemy.

Other notes

The name and theme of Ozymandias comes from a poem of the same name by Percy Bysshe Shelley. It goes like this :

The name of the Ban Kai is from a song by Kanas, entitled predictively enough 'Dust in the Wind' and even more predictively contains that line repeatedly. It also fits into the theme.

In terms of how it fits me, I guess I could say I tend towards a certain amount of pessism and can see how some things would turn out in the long run. In terms of the Bleach universe, I'd say that it almost seems less like the weapon of a 'pure' Shinigami and more like one of a 'hybrid' type - I can imagine an Egpytian-like mask appearing in a part-hollow form.

Not having read the previous thread all the way through, I hope this is original enough.
Freak ;((((
Old 2006-01-17, 09:31   Link #6
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
"Ultra dark deathly ninja katana reborn dragon"
"Awesome"
"Badass incarnate"

My zanpaku's shi kai form will allow it to transform into a large swiss army knife. But instead of the usual accessories, it shall be filled with mexican monkey sperm and large spoons, the latter of which I shall use to poke and annoy my enemies with until they die with huge spoon wounds embedded in their flesh.

In it's ban kai form, my zanpaku gains a new ability. It can transform into a large ciggerette that cannot be extinguished. In this form, the user is able to blow out large amounts of poisonous second-hand smoke and eventually kill the opponent by hopefully infecting him with lung cancer.

Other notes: The name of "Ultra dark deathly ninja katana reborn dragon" doesn't come from a poem, a song nor is it refered from anywhere simply because it is too badass for such.

I haven't read the previous thread at all, but I hope this is good enough by your standards.
Old 2006-01-18, 07:45   Link #7
hitsugayadiego

My zanpakutos.

"comet"
lolz. Shikai ability to merge quincy and shinigami powers.. resulting in a super strong zanpakuto like arrow being fired from a quincy bow ( the type where ishida releases his powers). Ability to change into arrow mode or sword mode. arrow mode is described above. In sword mode, comet looks like a comet with one the sword ending in a star shape. lolz.

BANKAI

onli zanpakuto with 2 bankais.. from arrow mode can become the "Sun-piercing comet". Strength increase 1000 times. able to form a circle around the enemy and shoot millions of arrow at the enemy, reducing the enemy to less than ashes.

from sword mode can become the "armageddon". when released releases a armageddon". which mostly kills the enemy. If enemy remains alive, the armageddon is able to summon a avatar which is able to fly and hurl burning rocks at the enemy. Enemy also unable to come near me as once they come near. even the fastest shunpou will get struck by flying objects around me..

lolz
Old 2006-01-19, 11:01   Link #8
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I created fanart characters... new division that was created by evil shinigami that was imprisoned for quite time (me ) to take over SS... u wouldn't like me to post a whole definition of all swords like this one above so I post pics when I scan them (and get my ban removed from DA )
Old 2006-01-20, 06:52   Link #9
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka

In it's ban kai form, my zanpaku gains a new ability. It can transform into a large ciggerette that cannot be extinguished. In this form, the user is able to blow out large amounts of poisonous second-hand smoke and eventually kill the opponent by hopefully infecting him with lung cancer.
LMAO! 50 Years later ... the enemy drops down and dies.

+1 for Inuzuka!!
Old 2006-01-20, 07:35   Link #10
MobiuS

Well now ... I created my dream blade ... so here it is!!

http://artpad.art.com/?ite5kft5rfo
Old 2006-01-22, 06:31   Link #11
hoon
7ON

I copied my friend's soul slayer from the last "create your own soul slayer" thread. In it's shikai form, it can create shadow swords, hence the name Kage. The bankai is basically a ninja looking character which is made up of lines to blend in easily to it's surrounding enviroment. The blue thing coming out of it is the concentrated soul energy from it's user. :b View in fast mode or be bored to death.

http://artpad.art.com/?ithrqcf4114
Old 2006-01-23, 17:42   Link #12
Shay
Monarch Programmer

http://artpad.art.com/?itkhprtii2s
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2006-01-23, 17:46   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@Shay

Rotflcopters @ that slayer...You must be on meds...
Old 2006-04-07, 00:49   Link #14
reficul

lucky~ I have the old link 単目の怒り

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?iopxej1bpd00

*note: i wrongly spelled shikai as shinkai*

here's the true form 単目の幻影
LoL!!! :

http://artpad.art.com/?ixc9k3m72ig

Last edited by reficul; 2006-04-07 at 01:38.
Old 2006-04-07, 15:19   Link #15
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
http://artpad.art.com/?ixdcfc1fzkmc
this is the first one of my capitans without Bankai, cause he's at VC level at this point (aperance changes when their training is complited)
his ability is to clone himself

http://artpad.art.com/?ixddnq16za8k
second capitan (it's a girl, but some trauma changes her aprance for better later in the story) her power in shikai is to make wip of her sword
and grow roots from everything she touches... of course I'm not telling the weak sides of my characters as they have them but u know, Aizen didn't say what his weak sides are neighter
and isntead of random shinigami she takes on Renji in my fanart she beat him up before he goes serous

Last edited by Wolcik; 2006-04-07 at 15:48.
Old 2006-04-09, 21:43   Link #16
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Hi im new to Animesuki but have looked over the forums in search for episode info many times so im just introducing myself and would like to show you my Custom soulslayer http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ixjbw6yzjio Its my first drawing using this artpad and im not really an artist so srry if its eye damagingly horrible. "Btw, Gomenasai means sorry, or sorrow if put into an epic translation if you dont know japanese." **Just so you know the meaning of my swords name.** *****Warning****** If you cant handle blood dont watch this one*, its a modified version of my first.-- http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ixhqwm1bppks "Since its basically the same thing but modified you might want to just Skip the the end on this one" and NO ive never taken art or drawing lessons b4, ive never even attempted to create anything arty till now.

Last edited by Gomenasai; 2006-04-10 at 20:55.
Old 2006-04-10, 02:41   Link #17
McMilk
*Artist

I'll post them separately. If you draw too long in Artpad it'll lag, you know.
Shikai: http://artpad.art.com/?ixhw4j6its4
Bankai:http://artpad.art.com/?ixhwuaglocw
Emm...and sorry for the lame names and for drawing so frickin long.
Heh, one more!
Shinigami/weilder: http://artpad.art.com/?ixhxbrsxv3k
Old 2006-04-10, 07:26   Link #18
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
this is a fun website

here's mine, i got to gett he description from the website again though, this is the bankai version

http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?ixiaim19tsqw

http://artpad.art.com/?ixicrs12at44

prettier version : http://artpad.art.com/?ixicbjd621s

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuma
my dress would be a black skirt with a white strap top, black gloves that only cover the top hands

Zanpakuto's name : (dont know much Japanese) Kage no Kaze shadow of wind

My Shikai would look like 2 katars, with gems on top and 2 blade parts sticking out of the back a bitt and front

Shikai attack would be : Kage no Mai (dance of shadows)
it would increase speed and hurl the katar's in flames

my Bankai would be Kage no ketsueki (shadow of blood)
it would change my Shikai form to completely cover my arms
and increase speed more then the usual Shikai

final attack would be kasai no fenikkusu (flame of the phoenix)
would increase speed to the speed of light for 10 seconds and hurls the user in complete flames equal to the sun

Kasai no Kage (flame of shadows)
flare up the katar and throws flame shuriken at the enemy, a lot of themin one throw

random bankai :

http://artpad.art.com/?ixicwrc801o

random drawing of my main character of World of Warcraft

http://artpad.art.com/?ixir8f15ikjw

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2006-04-10 at 13:27.
Old 2006-04-17, 18:01   Link #19
Astronopolis
clam chowder fresh breath

Send a message via AIM to Astronopolis
Lightbulb

my zanpakuto is in the form of a single red chopstick that i weild like a small sword in physical combat, and is able to be thrown with incredible accuracy. when it strikes a target, i am able to summon my bankai, which is this: http://artpad.art.com/?ixw2bpzie80he fights beside me, follows my commands, and crushes the opposition
Old 2006-04-24, 00:05   Link #20
Bob from Walmart

Instead of just using word to describe the appearance and the ability of these soul slayers why dont we show images of them. Just like they say "A picture itself says 1000 words". Just an oppinion, id like to see more art work.

And my souls slayer would be in the form of two swords, where one would be like sesshoumarous sword from inuyasha, the Tetseiga, where it would revive those who are dead (not heal but revive). The other would be in the form of a normal shinigami soul slayer but every swing would leave a tail from the tip of the blade making it have a larger cut (doesnt shoot out but comes out like a whip).

I started watching Chobits... help me! im addicted for some reason.
Closed Thread