AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 07:45   Link #39261
demino_hellsin
That one guy

does Ichika have a paint sword?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:31   Link #39262
agetreme
Just another Idiot

*Had been typing out a fanfic*

Damn... the Narrator voice sounds boring...

I really need ways to spice up things, make things sounds a little more exciting.

I think I really need a little more passionate character to set things ablaze.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:41   Link #39263
Eratas123

I meant an actual paintball game, not an IS paintball game.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:42   Link #39264
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well that would be bad for Ichika since he's kinda bad with guns.

If a vibro-blade gets more energized from coming in contact with an IS shield, would prolonged clash allow it to cut through the shield?
Old 2013-01-10, 08:58   Link #39265
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah. Sort of, bear in mind though, the sword lifespan wouldn't be very long AND there's always that risk of overloading... if you want to add more sensible weakness. Otherwise, pass.

And Ichika WASN'T by any means bad shooter, he's just too slow compared to say, most cadet rep and their insane matrix style. He learn quick after only one tutoring session.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:07   Link #39266
Eratas123

Well, the relaxing chapter of Synchronicity has Ichika and 3 school friends against Charlotte, Laura, and the Sarashiki sisters in 4 on 4 match. Guess which side gets utterly demolished?
Old 2013-01-10, 09:08   Link #39267
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Obvious, TOO obvious....

Unless it's either God!OC or other talented students.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:09   Link #39268
demino_hellsin
That one guy

bad shooter by my book. It takes awhile for him to aim. inability to aim under pressure. at best spray and pray. bear in mind the only time he hit his mark was laura standing still at relatively close range.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:17   Link #39269
Eratas123

Well, here's the 4 players on the guys side.

Ichika - Completely average in everything, though on the plus side he's good enough to wield one of the bulkier guns. No training though.

Vayne (From Mana Khemia) - Accurate when it counts, but can't handle recoil and just sprays.

Hope (From Final Fantasy XIII) - Lowest stamina and hilariously bad at gunplay. Basically the Load.

Accelerator - (From TO Aru Majutsu no Index, minus the powers) - Stupidly accurate, but isn't strong enough to use the rifle. Opts for a pistol instead, which has piss poor range and sights.

And on the girls side.

All of them - The Matrix.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:21   Link #39270
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*sigh* you just want the girls to massacre them
Old 2013-01-10, 09:27   Link #39271
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And it's good for once

I am TIRED of having nameless OC MOP Cecilia and/or Ling effortlessly.

TLR Stratos at least, has excuse characters being souped up of canon, and the power level is very dynamic, depending on who vs who. ST had it even worse. but I'm thinking another way, thus Ace Combat crossover.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:29   Link #39272
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not advocating those kinds of guys. But I'm not saying that the reverse should be done either. The way this match-up is described feels distasteful.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:33   Link #39273
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, if I have anything to say: tone down the girls to realistic but still vastly superior level, so the victory is obvious but believable.

Them acting like SWAT for example, more acceptable than them backflip dodging bullet. (and I did say acting, not means 100% authentic) Curb stomp battle happen in real life, just no the same way it happened in canon, too contrived.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:38   Link #39274
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't mind them basically storming the guys while they're still planning their approach or anything but the way eras' worded the skillsets. I just can't imagine anything but trying to milk comedy in situations which just seem downright humiliating for one side. call back to a lot of the LN. Crud my stomach is flip flopping.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:02   Link #39275
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I agree, major illness and real life tragedy is a bitch. I lose (kinda) 30% of my left lungs to infection and damage caused by chemical ingestion back when I'm 9, took one year for me to recover fully. there's no pain, just occasional BLOT cough...

I had to deal with treating sociopath... in a battlefield, sure thing the conflict had died down but the after war misery hadn't, and there's always occasional gunshot echoing in the silent night that made us QUITE jumpy in our sleep... then we find someone, somewhere nearby is injured in the morning, usually not treated properly but thankfully alive.

Maybe this is why I'm not so motivated in writing war stories yet as you can see from latest bunny, I can wrote so comprehensively it's scary.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:13   Link #39276
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Alright, you know the other reason I'm doing it this way? It's because the fanbase would tear my story apart otherwise.
I honestly agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The IS archive is like being forced to ride a bike, but skipping the training wheels and being plonked on a motorcycle.
Firs TLR Stratos actually like this... it was the second fandom I touched seriously, and then the hate mail come...

Though, Box and Hawke had helped me to speed with the archive binge and then... well, you maybe already read the first 60 pages...

@ Demi
I always saw myself as being hypocritical, and see fic as something to be idealized. But no matter what, I also knew something that I understand to the core is always better. That's why my story is hit and miss, one fic is about muddling my reality, and one fic is about projecting my fantasy.

====================

Okay, new bunny going zombie: The Sky Girls crossover

Only with THREE Ichika, not two. Canon!Ichika, Genderflip!Ichika, and AU!Ichika

Anyone interested?

EDIT: Mecha from sky girls (Sonic diver)

Virtually unarmored, it's 'shield' is inferior to I.S., but they can move faster and have special weapon to fight special enemies. (Note: don't be fooled, that girl would be as tall as Cecilia in I.S. scale)
Old 2013-01-10, 10:14   Link #39277
Eratas123

It's the ONLY fic where this happens. Reversal doesn't have it happen, and neither does Daydreams or Future Imperfect. So I'm giving in because I give one story that humiliates half the main cast?

Anyway, can we all delete the messages we just posted. We have to remember this is a public forum and they didn't come here for our problems. I'm deleting mine now.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:19   Link #39278
Eratas123

@ Senpai _ I never actually watched Sky GIrls. What is it?

Anyway, can we delete the whole paintaball discussion? It just skyrocketed from there.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:21   Link #39279
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I really love humanity. The hate I feel for it makes writing so much easier

@eras: The execution is the most dangerous eras. I was worried about the wording sicne it would imply the worst kind of execution. Whether to give in or not is up to you. Whether my judging you should mean something is up to you to care as well. Which makes me flattered since my opinion seems to matter to you even if it's just as an annoyance ^_^

Just this once I'll listen Era-chin

@zero: I was always an advocate of canon Ichika x genderbent Ichika.
Old 2013-01-10, 10:24   Link #39280
Eratas123

What the hell do you mean by execution? This isn't persona 3. And really, how humiliating is it to get owned in paintball? I got owned in paintball and it was still fun. The game itself is meant to be exhilarating and you don't care if you win or lose.

Anyway, that's just Ichika x Madoka.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest