AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 08:06   Link #1101
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I just watched the new episode and.... Hmm, nothing interesting aside from L-Elfs roflstomping over the military.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 08:18   Link #1102
kivredia

Aside from all the train wreck and being all over the place it gets more entertaining every week.

Now, am I the only one who even thinks that Shouko might have turned him down from the very beginning? There is no clear sign that she actually feels the same way, maybe she was/is considering it but feeling a little embarrassed about a confession isn't that surprising. She could have just confessed to him in those scenes as well instead of just standing there.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 08:26   Link #1103
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't really get the plot...

ep 1 : Dorsian attacked JIOR.. JIOR surrendered and Dorsian invaded the colony

ep 2 : -don't know wtf is happening- I only know that Haruto and co kicked and made some riot inside Dorsian's army which invaded the colony... But I don't really see them leaving

ep 3 : suddenly ARUS came like nothing happened (how they get through the Dorsian's army blockade in outer space and in colony?)

from Gundam SEED plot, Valvrave just chose Guilty Crown Route....
let's just bet one of the girl (Shoko or Saki) will get Hare's treatment...
I do hope nothing will go wrong in upcoming episode though... They have such a good plot... please don't make a lame character (at least make it stronger and developed like Kira Yamato did)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 08:37   Link #1104
kiak666

Episode 3 gives out some background about the 3 nations, however the highlight is all on L-Elf. The guys from ARUS sure aren't joking when they refer him as the One-Man-Army.

And Hacker Girl is the younger sister of the Student Council President? The two doesn't seem to get along though...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 08:42   Link #1105
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I'm starting to wonder if I should watch Guilty Crown so I can get the comparisons you guys make to it.
Old 2013-04-26, 08:54   Link #1106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I'm starting to wonder if I should watch Guilty Crown so I can get the comparisons you guys make to it.
Well, I don’t know about that. I kinda regret watching that trainwreck of a story. I’m still trying to forget about it and allocate that portion of my memory for something more meaningful. Thank god it's working, as I don't remember a large part of GC's story anymore and that makes me happy . Still, if you have certain taste in anime, you might enjoy GC and probably even love it. The visual is top-notch for its time, that one I admit.
Old 2013-04-26, 08:55   Link #1107
~Yami~

Quote:
don't watch it...
you'll regret it
Old 2013-04-26, 09:06   Link #1108
Tiberium Wolf

It was interesting at start but getting less interesting. Opposite road of Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince which is getting more interesting after a dull start.

As pointing in posts above. So many things that don't make sense at all.

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2013-04-26 at 09:32.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:15   Link #1109
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
don't watch it...
you'll regret it
It can't be worse than a girly, magic girl, or CLAMP junk series and I seriously doubt it could be as bad as Straight Title Robot Anime.
Quote:
Still, if you have certain taste in anime, you might enjoy GC and probably even love it
People have mistaken me for being retarded, a troll, crazy, and a hipster for no reason other than "I disagree with you and I have a mouth with talking capabilities!" so perhaps I'll end up liking it.
Old 2013-04-26, 09:41   Link #1110
bastek66

Whoa, Lel-F turns out to be Lelouch + Bond - Powers but "mainish" character is lame Suzaku without skills.
Episode seems really halfassed especially with big animation error.
Preorders also slowed down to around 250th place. Which is bad for it.

Quote:
It can't be worse than a girly, magic girl, or CLAMP junk series and I seriously doubt it could be as bad as Straight Title Robot Anime.
Don't watch it. It was entertaining sometimes, but ending is just gut wrenching. Shu suffered too much.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:43   Link #1111
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
ep 2 : -don't know wtf is happening- I only know that Haruto and co kicked and made some riot inside Dorsian's army which invaded the colony... But I don't really see them leaving
they clearly retreated leaving L-Elf "the traitor" behind, not sure how did you miss that

Quote:
ep 3 : suddenly ARUS came like nothing happened (how they get through the Dorsian's army blockade in outer space and in colony?)
ARUS came since episode 2, helping (popping up and scared Dorssia Army) Haruto during his fight against Ideal and chase Dorssian army away

did you skip episode 2 and go directly to episode 3
Old 2013-04-26, 10:09   Link #1112
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
I don't really get the plot...

ep 1 : Dorsian attacked JIOR.. JIOR surrendered and Dorsian invaded the colony

ep 3 : suddenly ARUS came like nothing happened (how they get through the Dorsian's army blockade in outer space and in colony?
ep1 : Dorssians infiltrated a JIOR colony to steal the valvrave. At the same time they launched an invasion to take over JIOR. Like killing two birds with one stone. L-11 and friens failed in their mission causing Valvrave to be deployed in front of Haruto and friends who were In the midst of running to shelter. shoko seemingly got killed by a beam attack when she tried to safe a person in a stranded car. Haruto wanted to get revenge and boarded the valvrave. After agreeing the T&C he received an injection that changes him. He then goes on to thrash the enemy units. He defeated a squadron but not the whole of dorrsians.

ep2 : After getting stabbed and revived and biting L- 11, Haruto transferred into L-11's body. Probably a change brought about from the injection. After rescuing his friends from the Dorssians, and at the same time giving the impression that L-11 defected, he reunited wih his friends and hatched a plan. Without resistance from the captured valvrave and JIOR's surrender, Dorssians easily took over the colony. No where is it stated they surrounded the JIOR colony. They don't have the resources or man power for it after the invasion. They probably attacked a number of colonies and the capital resulting in the surrender. At the same time, ARUS came to rescue JIOR. Haruto hijacked the valvrave, transferred back to his body and accidentally entered space. A dorssian ship that staged the invasion sportted it and attacked in an effort to retrieve the valvrave. After a long fight, L-11 realized his body was manipulated and has nowhere to go now. Arus fleet came to liberate the colony (not all of JIOR). Haruto realized he did all that for nothing when shoko was alived all along. Since he no longer know himself, he decided not to confess.

ep3 : L-11got captured and interrogated. Haruto got used as a tool to evacuate the citizens. L-11 escaped while dealing lots of damage to ARUS. He met with Haruto and offered to make a contract.

I think there is nothing confusing about the plot, so if you have any doubts feel free to ask me.

Oh, and here are some of the Q&As if you're interested: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...54#post4649254

Last edited by FiveOVER; 2013-04-26 at 10:46.
FiveOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:15   Link #1113
Key Board
Carbon

so did LLF always plan this rebellion, or was this something he improvised?

if you think about it, we know that he is a super soldier, but at the same time you can there's enough of him showing to suggest that he is not simply satisfied with just following orders

there's a a strong personal motivation in there somewhere

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:18   Link #1114
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Probably planned from the moment he was captured on the chair but not before. He did tell Haruto of the outcomes of his plans.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:28   Link #1115
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

if you think about it, we know that he is a super soldier, but at the same time you can there's enough of him showing to suggest that he is not simply satisfied with just following orders

there's a a strong personal motivation in there somewhere

I agree, the fact that he is willing to work with Haruto to change Dorssia tells us that he is no simple soldier that blindly follow orders. He is a very interesting character and I can't wait for the show to reveal more about his backgrounds.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:28   Link #1116
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just watched Episode 3.

Positives:

1. The show continues to be entertaining.

2. Haruto's degree of angsting was much less than I had feared. Actually, I liked him in this episode. I really like how he's handling the new "Hero of Millions" role he's been thrust into. It's not making him smug, but he's not running away from it either. In fact, he makes me think of Spiderman - "With great power comes great responsibility." I think that Haruto gets this new-found popularity, nature, and mecha abilities represents "great power", and he's not shirking that.

3. Shoko and Saki came across well. Shoko was quite understandably sad, but not bitterly angry. Good note to hit with here.

4. I liked the smooth pragmatism of the ARUS Senator.

5. This episode gave me a better feel for the full cast than previous episodes did.

Cons:

1. ARUS military incompetence. A couple of scenes were almost painful to watch.

I'm still undecided on L-Elf. I hope that he's revealed to be genetically engineered, or have drank something on par with Captain America's Super Soldier Serum. Right now, L-Elf almost feels universe-breaking to me.

On the whole, this show feels like a bold blend of Code Geass with Gundam. Dorssia, JIOR, and ARUS are definitely very similar to certain nation setups in Gundam. But Gundam had a somewhat more realistic feel to me than what Code Geass did - A Char Aznable-caliber soldier works great in a Gundam-esque show, but L-Elf is well beyond Char in his crazy capabilities. So far the Code Geass/Gundam blend is working pretty well, but I think the show will need to find someone that can truly challenge L-Elf if that is to continue.

An excellent Episode 3.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-04-26 at 22:11.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:36   Link #1117
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I just watched Episode 3.

Positives:

1. The show continues to be entertaining.

2. Haruto's degree of angsting was much less than I had feared. Actually, I liked him in this episode. I really like how he's handling the new "Hero of Millions" role he's been thrust into. It's not making him smug, but he's not running away from it either. In fact, he makes me think of Spierman - "With great power comes great responsibility." I think that Haruto gets this new-found popularity, nature, and mecha abilities represents "great power", and he's not shirking that.

3. Shoko and Saki came across well. Shoko was quite understandably sad, but not bitterly angry. Good note to hit with here.

4. I liked the smooth pragmatism of the ARUS Senator.

5. This episode gave me a better feel for the full cast than previous episodes did.

Cons:

1. ARUS military incompetence. A couple of scenes were almost painful to watch.

I'm still undecided on L-Elf. I hope that he's revealed to be genetically engineered, or have drank something on par with Captain America's Super Soldier Serum. Right now, L-Elf almost feels universe-breaking to me.

On the whole, this show feels like a bold blend of Code Geass with Gundam. Dorssia, JIOR, and ARUS are definitely very similar to certain nation setups in Gundam. But Gundam had a somewhat more realistic feel to me than what Code Geass did - A Char Aznable-caliber soldier works great in a Gundam-esque show, but L-Elf is well beyond Char in his crazy capabilities. So far the Code Geass/Gundam blend is working pretty well, but I think the show will need to find someone that can truly challenge L-Elf if that is to continue.

An excellent Episode 3.
Yeah, ARUS's soldiers are rather ineffecient and sloppy. That goes to show the difference between a nation built from trade and a nation built from military alliances.

I think L-11 is a monster in his own right. Hopefully the show will explain his superhuman capabilities.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:53   Link #1118
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So far I enjoys the mindless fun this show offers, but it doesn't look like it's doing too well in Japan, which I'm worrying that it could affect what we will have at 2nd cour. Hopefully it's not the case of Gundam 00 all over again.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:57   Link #1119
ookamigirl

So Haruto is a hero now.
It was naive of him to think that they're safe now.
His body was obviously changed by the mecha experience.
Haruto became crazy popular.
That may sound great, but it's a double edged blade.
L-Elf is a truly scary and extremely capable guy.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 11:15   Link #1120
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
they clearly retreated leaving L-Elf "the traitor" behind, not sure how did you miss that

ARUS came since episode 2, helping (popping up and scared Dorssia Army) Haruto during his fight against Ideal and chase Dorssian army away

did you skip episode 2 and go directly to episode 3
lol, thanks articus! I totally missed that... I'm focusing more on character and missing the political and war development

it's been a while since I encountered an anime like this

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire