Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-06, 16:43   Link #21
JerseyDevil
Eating cattle since 1735

- Gundam MS08th Team
- Shakugan no Shana
- Chrno Crusade (I didn't really like it, but I know others who gobbled it all up)
- Rurouni Kenshin OVAs (Trust & Betrayal)
- Full Metal Panic!

...Granted, all of these titles are more loaded on the action side, but the romance relationships are there, too. Romance in Gundam MS08th Team and Rurouni Kenshin OVAs are more serious and dramatic than FMP, CC, and SnS, though. Those three have more comedic moments.
Old 2006-06-07, 00:42   Link #22
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat
RahXephon*- I remember really liking the romance in this anime for -okay I think this spoiler is too minor for a tag- the age discrepancy.
Cept...for the fact...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-07, 17:51   Link #23
Aeris DJ
エルフ

Well, to add something not mentioned, perhaps blood+ since there's always this tension between Saya and her chevalier. The one I second the most is escaflowne, action+romance at its fullest, I really liked this anime. Cowboy bebop.. I wouldn't say there was such a big amount of romance but it would be a good choice. I see somebody suggested Tsubasa Chronicle, I find this one more on the romantic side than action, care to try X TV? How about Macross Zero?
Old 2006-06-07, 19:05   Link #24
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, Aeris, he tried looking for comedy/action/romance anime ... I often get teased by rooboy for suggesting Tsukihime ... :|
Old 2006-06-07, 20:29   Link #25
rooboy
Umeboshi!

But it's only 'cause I love you

EDIT: And, actually, I'd think Cowboy Bebop would count. It has a lot of funny moments, it's just the ending that's sad. But the romance is almost nonexistant. Then again, the person listed Eureka 7, and I've never noticed a ton of romance in that either.
Old 2006-06-07, 21:25   Link #26
Aeris DJ
エルフ

Well physics, I think you could get teased in ANY way for only mentioning Tsukihime, you've almost mentioned it in EVERY suggestions thread . As a matter of fact, you have almost convinced me of looking for this one, I'll see if I can make room for it. Not that I trully believe that it's THAT good, but you were able to make me curious, which I think was the main idea.
Old 2006-06-07, 21:46   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, I don't only mention Shingetsutan Tsukihime, although I do mention it a whole lot. It's ultimately a matter of choice. I simply believe it's that good, although you may be very well free to have another opinion. Besides, I do explain most of the time why I recommend it ...
Old 2006-06-08, 23:36   Link #28
DwArD
mAnIaC

Tsukihime is good....and the ending really caused heartaches and all. Very touching indeed. Its ok to watch this sort of anime once in a while but I generally prefer animes with a more happier ending instead. I love romance animes, but so far, there isn't a action + romance anime that I'm satisfied with. Just watch Gungrave but I wouldn't really reccommend it though. The love in here is very different and trust me, it'll make u lose sleep for at least a day and the heart-wrenching you felt is different from Tsukihime either. I'll still prefer Tsukihime over Gungrave. But since Tsukihime had been recommended already, I'll just have to go with another anime than. Try Erementar Gerad. There's action plus a cute loli girl and the ending's pretty satisfactory either. What more can you ask for?
Old 2006-06-10, 01:23   Link #29
Nameless

X has a lot of heartache. Just a warning to the OP if you decide to watch it.

There IS a lot of romance yes, but a LOT of heartache, let's put it that way. X was like a real world nightmare version of Magic Knight Rayearth lol.

Honestly though, X was one of the rare anime I actually enjoyed with a sad ending. Cowboy Bebop = No thanks, Fate Stay Night = A huge let down if the next episode is what everyone thinks it is, Tsukihime = supposedly ends a lot similar to FS/N so I'd say stay away from it.

If I feel like there was closure to a relationship/romance between two people before one of them got annihilated, then I wouldn't mind so much considering the closure of their relationship.. The truth is, Bebop, FSN and Tsukihime had cliffhanging romance at the ending. Sure the ENDING Themselves made sense, but it doesn't change the fact that you feel like they both got robbed.

I don't think when it comes to FICTION, heros should suffer for doing the right thing. That's also a bad influence if you think about it. And with all the brainless people watching anime nowadays, it's not very hard to get influenced by all these depressing endings. Maybe this is where all the gay emo music spurred from... Bad anime endings.
Old 2006-06-10, 02:10   Link #30
misakichii

hmm...if you wanted a romantic anime that had a good ending i would not recommend gundam seed destiny. i don't know about gudam seed though, since i never really saw all of it. i would strongly recommend inuyasha. it's a great, action, drama, funny and romantic anime. it was this anime, inuyasha, that got me started to go anime crazy. after watching i started to watch more and more anime. so you might like it. you should watch it if you haven't already done so.
Old 2006-06-11, 01:24   Link #31
Astrayred
-=ARX-7 Arbalest=-

Send a message via MSN to Astrayred
For comedy/action/romance i would recommend Full Metal Panic! as it has a good mix of all of those genres.Gundam seed/seed destiny would be also a good choice although it is mostly on mecha action.
Old 2006-09-18, 01:55   Link #32
jbruns
Warez Kiddie

Thanks! So I watched Shakugan no Shana, Fate Stay Night, Tsukihime, am currently watching Zero no Tsukaima and also blasted through all the Full Metal Panic series. I really liked the tsundere aspects of Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana as well as how there is some action mixed with romance and a fair amount of comedy. Any other similiar tsundere romance/comedies? Also ones that have a fair amount of closure (ie girl ends up with guy).
Old 2006-09-18, 02:15   Link #33
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruns
Any other similiar tsundere romance/comedies? Also ones that have a fair amount of closure (ie girl ends up with guy).
Well, there's Love Hina which has a fair amount of closure if you watch Love Hina Again...

Gunparade March has a nice tsundere relationship that ends well.

Card Captor Sakura has some tsundere mostly involving the guy ^^ ...and a nice ending with the final movie, Card Captor Sakura - Fuuin Sareta Card.

Aishiteruze Baby has a bit of tsundere going on, but it plays out fairly quickly.

Inuyasha - both Inuyasha and Kagome have tsundere personalities
Ranma 1/2 - same with Ranma and Akane
But there really isn't any conclusion, especially with Ranma 1/2

Ehh, I'm done... For now..!! Muahaha.. *sigh
Old 2006-09-18, 07:41   Link #34
xeph0n

Well, ive heard PlanetES has romance in it but can any1 clarify what kind of romance does it have? im alittle hesitant on watching it and want to know alittle more about it. That anime has been stalled for me about a month already and I still didnt start it >_<.
Old 2006-09-18, 15:50   Link #35
MamoruUsagi

Fushigi Yugi Manga

Fushigi Yuugi Part 1

Fushigi Yuugi Part 2

Fushigi Yuugi Part 3

Fushigi Yuugi Part 4

Fushigi Yugi Manga is the best.

I have completed and finished every series that I recommend and have read them all in their entirety.

Kare First Love

Happy Hustle High

Mars Boyfriend/Girlfriend boy/girl husband/wife romance where the couple is dating for a long time.

Marmalade Boy

Fushigi Yuugi

His and Her Circumstances

Bokura ga Ita The couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

Marmalade Boy The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating for a long time during the series and in a serious relationship.

Ceres Celestial Legend

Peach Girl

Wild Act

Sailor Moon

Fushigi Yugi

Happy Hustle High

Akuma De Sourou

The Devil Does Exist

Absolute Boyfriend

Paradise Kiss

Fushigi Yuugi

Bokura ga Ita

Bokura ga Ita

Fushigi Yuugi

Mars

The Devil Does Exist

Ceres Celestial Legend

Kare First Love

Absolute Boyfriend

Happy Hustle High

Sailor Moon

Fushigi Yugi

High School Debut

Ultra Cute

Kare Kano

Love Attack

Kare Kano

Kare First Love

Missile Happy!

Sensual Phrase

Peach Girl

There are a lot of series where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend early on or in the beginning of the series and are dating and in a relationship during the series. There are lots of series where the couple gets married. There are series where the couple gets married and has a child.

Sailor Moon has 200 anime episodes and 18 manga volumes and the live action series. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, date during the series, get married and have a child. The couple are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating for a long time during the series.

Fushigi Yuugi is a great manga series. Fushigi Yugi is 18 manga volumes. The anime only goes up to volume 13, while the manga is 18 volumes. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, date, get married and have a child. The couple are boyfriend/girlfriend and dating for a long time during the series.

The Ayashi no Ceres manga is good, the anime cuts out half the story. The manga is 14 volumes, the anime cuts out volumes 6 and 7, a lot of volume 8, almost all of volumes 9 and 10 and a lot of volumes 11, 3 and 3. The couple date, become boyfriend and girlfriend, have sex, elope and have a child.

Bokura ga Ita is great and very realistic. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

The Happy Hustle High manga is romantic and has some action. The couple is dating during the majority of the series and has lots of kisses. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

Marmalade Boy is 76 episodes and a great and realistic romance. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend and are dating and in a relationship during the middle of the series.

Kare First Love is a romance series. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series.

Mars is a romance where the couple becomes boyfriend/girlfriend early on in the series and are dating for a long time in the series.

Peach Girl is a great manga, 18 volumes, volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of heart 1-10. So make sure you get the right volumes. The anime waters everything down, changing all references of sex to kissing, so read the manga.

The Devil Does Exist is a realistic romance series.

Wild Act is an amazing romance series, the couple is having sex, boyfriend and girlfriend and in a serious relationship.

Missile Happy! is a sweet romance manga, the couple is engaged and living together.

Mars is a realistic romance series.

High School Debut is a romance series with a couple dating and in a relationship.

Ultra Cute is cool.

Love Attack is cool.

Paradise Kiss is cool.

Kare First Love is a realistic romance series.

Absolute Boyfriend has action and romance.

Akuma De Sourou is another series.

Kare Kano is another one. The couple become boyfriend/girlfriend during the beginning of the series and are dating for a long time during the series.

Bokura ga Ita

Fushigi Yugi

Fushigi Yuugi

Sensual Phrase

His and Her Circumstances has what you're looking for, too.

Wild Act is an amazing romance/action manga.

Akuma De Sourou is a realistic romance manga.

The Devil Does Exist is a great romance manga.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-01 at 12:06.
Old 2006-09-20, 16:21   Link #36
Darkpaladin64
Evangelion02

please save my earth,red river
Old 2006-09-22, 18:22   Link #37
CrYsYs
殺害

FATE/STAY NIGHT FATE/STAY NIGHT FATE/STAY NIGHT FATE/STAY NIGHT IS SCREAMING ACTION AND ROMANCE ;[

also other good ones are Shakugan no Shana, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, and Chrno Crusade
Old 2006-09-28, 17:25   Link #38
moniiku

try watching inuyasha. there was mostly action but the romance is clearly there. the ending is kinda stupid though. it leaves everything in the air but if u dont mind that, its really good
Closed Thread