AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 08:31   Link #1061
orami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
No, we will continue, just when they will release a volume we will remove that volume from wiki. So lets say when they will finally translate volume 01 (if ever) we will remove volume 01 from our list but will keep on other volumes and so on.
that is really nice to hear cause it is really good thing for us non japanese readers
one question for bt guys - volume 2 chapter 5 what is with that? it says it stalled on 10 % for what reason?
orami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 10:32   Link #1062
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

oh dont worry about that... just go to the preview link next to it and the entire chapter is in there...i was really confused when i saw that cuz i would click that next chapter link at the bottom of each page and when i got to that chap. i thought there where on more chapter...but they just have the chapter listed as previews from there on.......
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 12:48   Link #1063
orami

thanks gotta read it now
orami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 14:54   Link #1064
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
No, we will continue, just when they will release a volume we will remove that volume from wiki. So lets say when they will finally translate volume 01 (if ever) we will remove volume 01 from our list but will keep on other volumes and so on.
That's great! And of course thank you! ^__^
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 05:01   Link #1065
crimmy88

=o oh i didnt know znt was already licensed! crap lol
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 12:56   Link #1066
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Not sure if this was ever brought up (1st time exploring this anime) but is there a possibility that Siesta and Saito might be related somehow?
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 16:14   Link #1067
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It would have to be related by grandparents or further back since Siesta's grandfather was the A6M pilot.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:46   Link #1068
DGoscar

I feel kinda stupid askin this question since everybody here seems to know where to find it...but could somebody please tell me a site with the translated novels? ^^"
DGoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:05   Link #1069
ZeroForever

have you tried the first page of this thread... it should be listed there if you take a minute to look through the posts.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:52   Link #1070
DGoscar

Oh, well I should have been more clear, I meant other than Baka-Tsuki, but reading on I found my answer, so thanks anyway!
DGoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 16:12   Link #1071
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

http://www.amazon.com/Zeros-Familiar...5292303&sr=8-1
well im sure this isn't reliable but i found this on Amazon.com
Old 2008-07-05, 21:02   Link #1072
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Well sometimes it is felt on the translations too. Some sentences look rather odd...And Montmorency's dialogues have barely any feeling of her character but more like it is Author talking not bothering to color the info with a characters personality.

As for translators...

Well serenade is taking a break and it was no secret that lately the translations were depending on him and me as Momogan dropped translating (was too annoyed by people whining about skipping novels to volume 8).

Archmage is another translator (the one who has his translations stalled at volume 7 and volume 8) but as you see he said that he maybe will find time again soon and will be translating again. But as for now, he hasn't found time for quite some period.

Vertiful said that he maybe will start working on his volume 5, chapter 2 again this summer. But as for now - no news from him.

And though Matt said he found two new translators there were no other news about them for some time either...

So yes, the way it is, I am the only active translator at this moment... And thats why it looks like the translations stopped going to random volumes... As I am the only one who is translating at this moment and I was always against random jumps in novel translation...

Two problems is shutting me down right now.

1) My chinese language software expired. I periodically need to HEAR the text to translate, and so far I haven't found an alternative, without such an software my error rate will creep up to uncomfortable rates even for me to post it.

2) As far as I can tell no one actually read the stuff I translates...I know it sounds so selfish and/or childish or me, but I really would love someone comment to show they remember the fact I went through the work. I used to translate a manga series for this group, and even though it was only 6-7 peoples everytime I do a text translation I would get a little "good job Xin" or "thanks for the help Xin" , or "you got this part wrong, it should be XXXXX". When I post on baka after a full chapter done and I don't see many people notice
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 21:42   Link #1073
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Two problems is shutting me down right now.

1) My chinese language software expired. I periodically need to HEAR the text to translate, and so far I haven't found an alternative, without such an software my error rate will creep up to uncomfortable rates even for me to post it.

2) As far as I can tell no one actually read the stuff I translates...I know it sounds so selfish and/or childish or me, but I really would love someone comment to show they remember the fact I went through the work. I used to translate a manga series for this group, and even though it was only 6-7 peoples everytime I do a text translation I would get a little "good job Xin" or "thanks for the help Xin" , or "you got this part wrong, it should be XXXXX". When I post on baka after a full chapter done and I don't see many people notice
oh really? I forgot which chapter you did but once I check up on it i'll definitely thank you for translating it.

As for me I usually just thank the translation "team" which basically encompasses everyone translating including you, as I usually don't check who is translating what and I'm never sure if they even have a animesuki account so i can thank them properly. But i'll definitely keep that in mind now that it's been brought to attention. After all translator who take the time and effort do translate for free do deserve appreciation and thanks from those reading their works.
Old 2008-07-05, 22:26   Link #1074
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
ArchmageXin you have to remember two things:

1) Translators job is thankless, maybe not as thankless as editors but still rather thankless in general. So be prepared to get no thanks...

2) Have you looked which chapters you have translated? Except for the volume 2 chapter all others were too far ahead from the main storyline (volume 7 and partially volume 8) so how can you expect people to read it when most of them do not want to spoil themselves with a random chapter posted somewhere? This is another reason why your translations are not causing much interest. Personally I haven't read your translations either as it is way too ahead.

Besides, you have a tendency to start chapter but not finish - I mean you have 5 chapters on your account if I am right and only finished 2, so you can't expect people go too enthusiastic about it either, specially when one of those two is just an short epilogue of volume 7 where most readers do not read not willing to spoil themselves.

For example I have translated around 8 or 9 chapters (cannot tell exactly with Wiki down) and only 1 of those is not translated fully which is volume 5 chapter 3 which is very big as you know and each of 4 parts is like singular chapter by itself (I am finishing part 3 by the way) so naturally this get more responses specially considering that I am translating the chapters who are following the current storyline and do not jump to far ahead.

All those things combined you cannot be too surprised by the lack of responses. Yes, I know it is frustrating when you put all of yourself and still get no thanks, but again this is the life of translator. And if you want more attention try to translate the chapters that are closer to the current storyline (yes you are translating volume 6 chpater 1 but you only added 2 percents of the translations as other translator left at 3 so all in all 5 percent plus only recently the current sory started to catch up with it).
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 21:57   Link #1075
Novaren

I actually started translating Vol 6 chapter 1 and since baka-tsuki was down I had to translate from scratch. Adter awhile I can see now why it takes so long to get one chapter done...seriously^^

Unfortunately I am slow as heck and I'm probably is still in the 2% mark (I have no idea where the 5% mark is)

As for me I want to translate this because I want to read the story...even if it is little by little.

The only thing I need now is some help in dialogue...especially when Saito stutters in his speech! I can't make out heads or tails on what he is talking about, everyitme he stutters^^

also i would like to ask as to where the 5% ends so I can start from there instead^^
Novaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:06   Link #1076
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novaren View Post
I actually started translating Vol 6 chapter 1 and since baka-tsuki was down I had to translate from scratch. Adter awhile I can see now why it takes so long to get one chapter done...seriously^^

Unfortunately I am slow as heck and I'm probably is still in the 2% mark (I have no idea where the 5% mark is)

As for me I want to translate this because I want to read the story...even if it is little by little.

The only thing I need now is some help in dialogue...especially when Saito stutters in his speech! I can't make out heads or tails on what he is talking about, everyitme he stutters^^

also i would like to ask as to where the 5% ends so I can start from there instead^^
I'm glad somebody else has noticed the problem with baka-tsuki
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 00:16   Link #1077
Darknemo2000

Oh yes to deal with dialog use this

http://nihongo.j-talk.com/parser/?demo=1

Select romaji and post the text from the dialog into the box it willl romanize kanji and kana, so if you will see "na, nani"

This means the character is stuttering as the first letters are the same and translate only a full world which would be nani in this case. Since nani means "What" and na is obviously stuttering write it "Wha-what?" or "Wh-What?" or "W-what?" depends on your preference.

And yes people not involved with translating usually do not understand just how tiresome this job is. And we all noticed problem with B-T. Don't worry. Should be back up soon enough.
Old 2008-07-07, 09:07   Link #1078
Novaren

Thanks for the link^^
The romaji is quite helpful since I know a site that can translate romaji and has helped me in more hard to translate areas.

And speaking of translators. I know a pure born Japanese near my school (Owns a store) and even he said it would take him a few days just to translate one page of the text...sob(since he only knows basic english)...though thanks to his help I discovered that Saito really was just spouting out nonsense that are literally incomprehensible...he said the dialogue was psychological...whatever that means^^
Novaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 11:38   Link #1079
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

well i have a question how does he get his powers back...? i swear i heard it was from a kiss again..?(or maybe that was the memory lose thing?)
Old 2008-07-07, 12:03   Link #1080
Darknemo2000

he got his powers back with a kiss and Louise got her memory back with a kiss too. Yeah they kiss a lot in the novels.

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen