AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Hayate no Gotoku! character(s)
Sanzenin Nagi 155 37.53%
Ayasaki Hayate 178 43.10%
Maria 185 44.79%
Katsura Hinagiku 295 71.43%
Nishizawa Ayumu 105 25.42%
Kijima Saki 46 11.14%
Tachibana Wataru 38 9.20%
Aizawa Sakuya 86 20.82%
Saginomiya Isumi 98 23.73%
Segawa Izumi 65 15.74%
Hanabishi Miki 29 7.02%
Asakaze Risa 16 3.87%
Katsura Yukiji 29 7.02%
Klaus 22 5.33%
Tama 43 10.41%
Kuzuha Kirika 8 1.94%
Kuresato Shion 7 1.69%
Himegami Akane 27 6.54%
Ten no Koe (Narrator) 90 21.79%
Others 33 7.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 413. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-04, 05:05   Link #61
Jsmithmim@saber

Hinagiku and hayate of course
Old 2012-05-20, 04:32   Link #62
JPblueser
Guitarded

Maybe I'm a bit late, but since the thread isn't closed, I thought: "well... why not?".
I'm not that much into choosing a "favourite", be it character, music, movie or whatever. But this case is somewhat special.

As cliched as it might sound to you, I actually admire Hinagiku-san as a character very much.
"Miss Perfect"? Rather not. She has a short temper, an unstable personality (typical tsundere, I take?), that somewhat annoying overly competitive behaviour... She also can get quite careless sometimes, as well as having a few dirty thoughts. She is just a very likeable character. And that's all about it. Maybe she can be a bit generic, but.... heck... I've seen blander characters in most of Hollywood productions. lol

I'm relatively new to manga/anime, so maybe my opinion is really biased. But, heck, there's no such a thing as "objectiveness" anyway (ever heard of Phenomenology? XD). So, for the time being, this is it.
I probably feel this way because I can see myself reflected in her character in a few aspects. At the same time, she is quite the opposite of me in many accounts. I'm not an athletic person and I have a somewhat aversion to competitiveness, for example. Still, Hinagiku's will to always do her best, putting others' needs above her own, her true friendship, honesty and a caring personality... I really try my best to be a bit like her.

And, to be more specific, as funny as it may sound, I've been through the almost exact same situation as her. TWICE. And consciously or not, I acted more or less the very same way in both situations. Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing. When I read that certain chapter of the manga, I feel that sickness going up my throat again and, at the same time, it's somewhat comforting.

All in all, I really "admire" Hinagiku-san. For one reason or another.
I'm not sure how it will end for her, but all I want is a happy end. Interpret it as you wish.
Right now, Hina's story is one of the few things that is giving me hope to carry on.

For Hinagiku fans (maybe not-fans too? lol), this can be a nice read, by the way. Be careful because it might have a few spoilers:
http://doughnutgunso.com/2012/03/03/...al-and-normal/

I hope I have not overdone this. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind with this huge rambling. I'm just putting out what's inside me.

Ah, and on a side note, I like Nagi and the "mysterious girl" too. =)
I was not very fond of Nagi at first, but a few events changed my view of her.