AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 20.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 29.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-17, 18:11   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suspect Kitamura's father (which we haven't met) was just able to communicate his concern and desperation to Yachan. They may actually know each other at least formally from a parent's day at school???

I do remember the parents in the mixed economic neighborhood I grew up in had quite a social network in place to keep an eye on kids and keep them in line. That's something that only recently has faded in so-called 'modern America' and that fading has almost certainly contributed to delinquency rates.

This is all rationalization to some extent .... as far as the anime goes, its a bit of a weak point in the plot progression.

And yes, the "Yachan eviction" was probably her finest moment, especially as it accentuated how she looks when glomming on Taiga or when she stalked Kitamura with the hair dye.
Old 2009-01-18, 06:58   Link #142
chaosprophet

This was a good episode but seemes (by a novel reader POV) more rushed then others... maybe because lots of interesting thing happened in those chapter.

Ya-chan and Kitamura parents relationship is another thing they cut from the novel.
Old 2009-01-18, 08:21   Link #143
xxfate13
tokidoki er

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
This was a good episode but seemes (by a novel reader POV) more rushed then others... maybe because lots of interesting thing happened in those chapter.

Ya-chan and Kitamura parents relationship is another thing they cut from the novel.
my sentiments exactly, this part was rushed compared to the previous episodes/light-novel comparison.

in my point of view, ya-chan only did the thing that she thought is right, to dye kitamura's hair black again, since it's the root of their current problem, it's what everyone sees. (the main reason why he dyed his hair gold is not yet known ).
as a parent who would force his child to do the right thing, it's what every parent does. (although they, parents, are sometimes wrong because some things cannot be forced) but that's just what she did. It's not whether it was wrong or right but her "right" to do as a parent who only wants best for their child. i hope you get what i mean.. ^^
Old 2009-01-18, 10:20   Link #144
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But just like Vexx and BigJimmy, I was a little disconcerted about her affinity with Kitamura's parents. Too out of the blue? Or they could share a connection, like they're all old friends or something? It bugged me a little, I guess...
I'm not doubting her affinity, it's just something parents of childhood freinds seem to have. It's her methods I doubt. I expected her to become all motherly and coax the reason for his behaviour out of him through kindness, not use the "you will obey!" approach. It was jarring. Unless she REALLY wanted payback for her ruined sleep.
Old 2009-01-18, 15:04   Link #145
typhonsentra

It's the parents of his friend. Does it really need much of an explanation?
Old 2009-01-18, 18:04   Link #146
SkoolRumble4Ya

Funny episode especially the first part when Kitamura echoe his voice. He shouldn't be acting like a kid he should man up and deal with whatever problem he's having.
Old 2009-01-18, 19:35   Link #147
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
It's the parents of his friend. Does it really need much of an explanation?
Actually, yes, it does. You don't think Yasuko would have behaved the same way if it was one of Taiga's parents, do you?

Old 2009-01-18, 23:23   Link #148
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Actually, yes, it does. You don't think Yasuko would have behaved the same way if it was one of Taiga's parents, do you?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-18, 23:51   Link #149
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i would so vote for taiga as the new president, we need change now
Old 2009-01-19, 02:21   Link #150
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfate13 View Post
in my point of view, ya-chan only did the thing that she thought is right, to dye kitamura's hair black again, ean.. ^^
I thought his hair was green .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i would so vote for taiga as the new president, we need change now
Somehow, I'm reminded of the Yankee to Megane-chan manga. It'd prob be hilarious(for the moment anyways) for them to be the student council pres .

Anyway, though I felt this way at the beg of the series, this ep gives an impression that Ryuuji doesn't deeply care about Kitamura like he does for the girls. I mean, in the beg of the ep, when the girls have this worried look on their faces, he acts as if it's no big deal. I get the feeling if Kitamura hadn't come over Ryuuji's house, Ryuuji wouldn't have the initiative to try and help him out.

And Kihara def has a thing for Kitamura.

Last edited by frubam; 2009-01-19 at 02:39.
Old 2009-01-19, 03:07   Link #151
xxfate13
tokidoki er

ara, my bad, sorry, hahaha.. yep, it's kinda green, i thought of kitamura in the manga where everything is almost always black..

yep, there's a lot more explanation in the light novel.. about their parents' relationship.
and it was a big responsibility for both parties.
and as i have said before, this episode was the one with the most shafted scenes
when compared to the LN.

@frubam
maybe because, as his bestfriend, the kitamura he knows would be able to go back to normal, he trusts him that much.
and also, didn't he went to kitamura's residence to check on kitamura?
i think he is also worried but he knows that there is no use making a fuss over it at that moment
so he chose to personally go to kitamura in the afternoon.
that's just what i thought. ^^

Last edited by xxfate13; 2009-01-19 at 03:17.
Old 2009-01-19, 06:38   Link #152
Dop
Mmmm....

Ya-chan is awesome.
Whether it's kicking out the kids so she can get some sleep, or threatening Kitamura with hair dye, Ya-chan is awesome.

We still haven't found out what Sumire said that Kitamura is all broken up about, maybe more will be revealed next episode.

Taiga's presidential campaign seems to draw from their roles in the wrestling match, especially the bit you see in the trailer for the next episode - capes and all!

The scarf scene... The scarf scene strongly reminded me of another scene involving a scarf in another series which has been mentioned before in these threads.
Old 2009-01-20, 08:44   Link #153
typhonsentra

Oh, I didn't notice the cape-wrestling match connection. Good one!
Old 2009-01-20, 14:22   Link #154
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
In this episode Taiga seemed to be less mean to Ryuuji. Not just because Kitamura was at his house, but she just seemed a little nicer to me.
Old 2009-01-20, 16:56   Link #155
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
In this episode Taiga seemed to be less mean to Ryuuji. Not just because Kitamura was at his house, but she just seemed a little nicer to me.
It's the impressive character development of our beloved little tsundere.
Old 2009-01-21, 00:43   Link #156
Saber447
Starfighter > Mecha

Send a message via AIM to Saber447
I don't get it... So it's established that Kitamura doesn't want to be the new SCP and then goes on to do his thing the rest of the episode. I'm wondering why... Because the only clue I can recall is that Kanou simply said she wanted to talk to him towards the end of the last episode. It did not look like a confession that Kitamura started, as Kanou started the conversation. Yet I've been seeing posts lately that say he's like this because he did confess and was turned down. Did I miss something 1-2 episodes back? Or...

Spoiler for LN foresight:
Old 2009-01-21, 01:01   Link #157
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In the scene between Kitamura and Sumire, he actually *starts to say something but then she cuts him off with her own topic -- then we cut away before anything is revealed.

This series seems to delight in events that only make sense later (as divulged in flashbacks or exposition). This is more of the same.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-01-21 at 01:57.
Old 2009-01-21, 01:18   Link #158
Saber447
Starfighter > Mecha

Send a message via AIM to Saber447
Oh ok, makes sense. I totally forgot that writers would do that. That, and my memory of the this ep slowly fades away as each day passes... Guess the only thing that's left is to wait for the new ep and see if anything gets cleared up.
Old 2009-01-22, 11:11   Link #159
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nicely done episode. More Minorin development, Ami's intentions, hinted at for long are now finally made clear and Kitamura.....well the stress seems to have finally got him.
Old 2009-01-22, 12:49   Link #160
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

so..dying your hair blonde signifies what?
Closed Thread