Scarlletbutterfly

An Otome Game’s Burikko Villainess Turned into a Magic Otaku

Original title: 乙女ゲームのぶりっ子悪役女は魔法オタクになった

Alternative title: An Otome Game’s Burikko Villainess Turned into a Magic Otaku

Author: Sakura Ageha

WN Link: here

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Scarlletbutterfly; 2015-03-28 at 09:38.
Scarlletbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 12:04   Link #2
laclongquan

TL link https://oniichanyamete.wordpress.com...ege-project-x/

A pretty good series with a heroine. A good pace.
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 12:49   Link #3
theshade1

Isn't there a similar type of wn/ln, where the mc gets reincarnated as the villain of a shoujo manga, she read?
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 13:01   Link #4
Scarlletbutterfly

It's Kenkyo, kenjitsu o motto ni ikitie orimasu!
Kobatochandaisuki is currently translating that
Old 2015-01-29, 17:00   Link #5
theshade1

^^^ Oh yh, that's what it was called. Thanks.

I enjoyed the comedy in that one, and so if this is similar, I'll prolly read this as well.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 17:46   Link #6
Miraluka
Banned

lol That website name
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 18:58   Link #7
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Liking this tale as well, it's pretty engaging. Aside from fan-girling a bit when she meets the "familiar" characters from the game, she tries her best to be natural & befriend them. She's got a few years headstart as well to get used to everything & prepare herself.

Oh, and this story isn't a reincarnation tale at all, a totally different "mess" altogether you could say.
Old 2015-01-29, 19:19   Link #8
Xacual

I've been enjoying it too. Looking at the Author Memo, Camille was supposed to "grow up" to being a twin tail goth loli looking character. Aimi isn't a fan of frills though so I guess we can assume Camille won't be wearing goth loli this time.

Also I was really expecting a viewpoint chapter from the other prince kid, Raiga, after Camille met him and then the fact that they keep running into each other because of Mei wanting to play with Camille.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 19:46   Link #9
Greenish Growth

The change of perspectives in the story is nice. I'm enjoying the characters and the story so far.

I'm looking forward to what happens later on.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 21:28   Link #10
elairz

feel like mushoku tensei when it have this several arc

Spoiler:
elairz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 22:08   Link #11
Kioras

Camilla seems ridiculous powerful as a mage. At the age of 12 she goes out and from the sounds of it finds, and then engages a Dragon in combat.

Too many of the people are repulsed by her magic tattoos, which can be turned on or off anyways. The kids are missing the fact that anyone with that many is likely a powerful mage. I am surprised we have not had any view points or comments yet of people fearing her power. Of course it is only 11 translated chapters in so far, only 1 at age 12.

Achille and her will make a dangerous team in the future.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 22:14   Link #12
Dart-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlletbutterfly View Post
It's Kenkyo, kenjitsu o motto ni ikitie orimasu!
Kobatochandaisuki is currently translating that
ppl, is there magic in this story?
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 22:33   Link #13
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Camilla seems ridiculous powerful as a mage. At the age of 12 she goes out and from the sounds of it finds, and then engages a Dragon in combat.

Too many of the people are repulsed by her magic tattoos, which can be turned on or off anyways. The kids are missing the fact that anyone with that many is likely a powerful mage. I am surprised we have not had any view points or comments yet of people fearing her power. Of course it is only 11 translated chapters in so far, only 1 at age 12.

Achille and her will make a dangerous team in the future.
It's a high society thing I think with the whole "clean & clear skinned Women are more desirable for marriage" stuff nobles usually do. She's mostly seen as a more troublesome magic obsessed tomboy by the others anyway.

She doesn't give a damn what those "others" think compared to her past life of always thinking of what others may say. It's pretty funny how casual she was with the dragon slaying like it was some common paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart-Sama View Post
ppl, is there magic in this story?
In Kenkyo? No, she reincarnated in a "normal" shoujo manga setting.
Old 2015-01-29, 23:04   Link #14
laclongquan

IRL, with the importance of money, lots of females still look down at proper jobs, and moneymaking activities, as beneath their notice. Also, 7~ years old. Also, noble children. Also, peer pressure.

Depended on the type of Dragons. if it's just an overgrown lizard (aka T-rex or gigiantic Komodo Dragon) without the ability to fly, her broom would make a big difference. Air Superiority, yo! Sure it's hard, but not at the level of too overpowered.

Also, thickheaded heroine! It's possible that adult's evaluation of her ability is high but she doesnt pay attention to that. Need others' point of view to know how high they think of her.

Finally, a coup de grace: Somebody add some celtic tattoo on her wrists and chest would be great
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 23:06   Link #15
Greenish Growth

This story makes me wonder how a pink haired, twelve year old, tomboy with lots of magic tattoos would look like.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 23:07   Link #16
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
It's a high society thing I think with the whole "clean & clear skinned Women are more desirable for marriage" stuff nobles usually do. She's mostly seen as a more troublesome magic obsessed tomboy by the others anyway.
That is pretty funny, she is dismissed as a tomboy, however it is obvious that she will end up married to Achille. And that will make them a very formidable couple. Achille is a genius with managing personal interactions and Camille is a magical power house. He gets political power, and she gets personal direct power. That makes both of them together very dangerous to others.

[QUOTE=El Rue;5421403She doesn't give a damn what those "others" think compared to her past life of always thinking of what others may say. It's pretty funny how casual she was with the dragon slaying like it was some common paperwork.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I see her returning to work and dropping off food for the servants to cook.

Dragon Steak
Fried Kraken
Roast Griffin

And she sees nothing wrong with bringing home such impossible meals.

Achille and the Royce also appear to be diverging significantly from the 'Game' Achille is opening up a bit because of Camille and Royce has decided to gain confidence and move forward because of the loyalty that both Camille and Achille have shown him.

This set up, with a reincarnation into an antagonist works really well in situations like this. It might also work with some VN, but they need to have antagonists that are not shoved aside and are persistent through the story. Probably would not work with most things targeting the Shounen demographic.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 23:12   Link #17
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Achille and the Royce also appear to be diverging significantly from the 'Game' Achille is opening up a bit because of Camille and Royce has decided to gain confidence and move forward because of the loyalty that both Camille and Achille have shown him.

This set up, with a reincarnation into an antagonist works really well in situations like this. It might also work with some VN, but they need to have antagonists that are not shoved aside and are persistent through the story. Probably would not work with most things targeting the Shounen demographic.
There seems to be some divergence with Raiga too, though it's small so far and hard to tell how much since we've only seen a little of him. We also can only guess if Mei is diverging too because of her wanting to play with Camille. I had to double check but Camille is indeed a year older than the twins.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 07:08   Link #18
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Chapter 12 has been uploaded. Hehe, "shipsinking" pfft Bwahahahahaha, that ending. I am amused.

Well, it was about time the kid got some humbling mental damage/wake up call to bring him back to earth a bit.
Old 2015-01-30, 11:10   Link #19
aurel1

anyone who read ahead can confirmed this...?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-30, 11:21   Link #20
Scarlletbutterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel1 View Post
anyone who read ahead can confirmed this...?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Tags
body swapping, otome game, webnovel