Where are the good animes

Ulq is done for.
Old 2009-03-11, 13:41   Link #42
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
I'm waiting to see the chapter. If she chose to protect Ishida who was under immediate risk, instead of Ichigo, then I hope she gets props for making a mature, non-Ichigo centric decision - as many have considered her incapable of doing so.
I suspect she is freaking out, because she is caught in a double-razor blade situation. She wants to help both of them, but she can't.
And fair enough, Ichigo is her most important person, but Inoue during all the series has shown, how much she loves her friends too. So yeah, i would not say "zomg!surprise she helped Ishida instead of Ichigo!!1" [i do get what you saying btw, it is more of a general statement, how no matter what Inoue does, she just can't win. 8D}
Old 2009-03-11, 13:44   Link #43
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Just one thought. In the last few chapters, there have been several shots of Ulquiorra suggestive of an angel. And Ulquiorra's accusation that they had placed all their hopes in Ichigo reminded me a little of how Jesus Christ bore the burden of being crucified for humanity. Could there be some metaphor upcoming now for Ichigo's revival to that of Lazarus or even Christ? Okay, I know I'm reaching wildly. But the christian theology metaphors could be quite interesting, should Kubo choose to pursue it in the coming chapter or two.
Old 2009-03-11, 13:45   Link #44
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
I'm waiting to see the chapter. If she chose to protect Ishida who was under immediate risk, instead of Ichigo, then I hope she gets props for making a mature, non-Ichigo centric decision - as many have considered her incapable of doing so.
I don't think she's showing any favouritism at all here, she uses different fairies for all three of her powers, so why should she? She can heal and protect at the same time yo!

Btw, Inoue repeating Ichigo's name is in hiragana, and "help me, Kurosaki-kun" goes to Ichigo's kanji name, any Japanese speakers here who might know the implications of that?
Old 2009-03-11, 13:47   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Aw poor Ishida! I mean, it's obvious that he has a huge crush on Inoue, yet she still cries "Kurosaki-kun!" and he lost his f***ing arm trying to protect her! (And I'm not even an IshidaxInoue shipper, but that still pisses me off!) Unless he plans to use his teeth to pull the bow back, I don't know how Ishida is going to fight...well.

And Ichigo is turning into a hollow-lion? Emobat is going to get maimed! But that also rules out Stark's commonly placed animal stereotype of being a lion, if Ichigo's turns out to be the lion, that is.
He lost an arm Ichigo lost his life two times now, so which one? If you say an arm then...

Anyway Ishida should be happy that its not his dominate arm. He can still play with himself on those lonely nights
Old 2009-03-11, 13:48   Link #46
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Just one thought. In the last few chapters, there have been several shots of Ulquiorra suggestive of an angel. And Ulquiorra's accusation that they had placed all their hopes in Ichigo reminded me a little of how Jesus Christ bore the burden of being crucified for humanity. Could there be some metaphor upcoming now for Ichigo's revival to that of Lazarus or even Christ? Okay, I know I'm reaching wildly. But the christian theology metaphors could be quite interesting, should Kubo choose to pursue it in the coming chapter or two.
That is.. a bit wild, i will admit. 8D
But it does hold, a certain point-ground.
I think, the statement Ulqui made mostly, is that if Ichigo, cannot win "him", then no one can do this, from our good-team-gang. {at least, the way things stand now} Like, true despair applies for everyone.
Old 2009-03-11, 14:04   Link #47
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
For Ishida to regret it so much, there has to be a direct consequence of him bringing Orihime there. I doubt he's referring to the loss of his own arm; more likely Orihime's presence will result in her or Ichigo being seriously affected. It would be almost Shakespearean tragedy if berserker Ichigo were to inadvertently hurt her after all his earlier sacrifices for her.
Yeah, I agree. Though in the process, Orihime might be the key to Ichigo getting control of himself too. We don't know how far exactly in the future Ishida's foreshadowing was coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Would be really cool if KT used the 10 commandments analogy and aptly titled Halibel's Chapters "Adultery"
Or "Thall shalt not covet.." shouldn't have to explain what she'd have to covet

Quote:
For the second time, Orihime's has used her shield to interfere with the fight. Yet there still doesn't seem to be any menace from him towards her. He's determined to prove a point to her without harming her. I was kind of hoping that Inoue would plea with Ulqi to stop, and whether he might even pause to hear her out.
I don't think he's all that concerned with Orihime not being harmed. He knows that destroying everyone Orihime cares about causes her greater distress than physical pain and he's just making sure she's alive and well to experience it. And since it seems like she has no will to fight, and her shield might as well be made out of paper, he has no reason to attack her. If she begged him to stop I think he would just get greater satisfaction since it would back up his claims that humans are pathetic. And of course, he probably wouldn't stop.

Old 2009-03-11, 14:15   Link #48
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Quote:
That's pretty interesting. I've always just thought of Ulq being an Incubus (seeing as how the titles are also titled after lust)
Old 2009-03-11, 14:58   Link #49
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

God damnit.Another boring eposide about ulquirro one shotting stuff with cool words <_< Show us what can Stark do already! Im sure Shunsui's having a hard time
Old 2009-03-11, 15:02   Link #50
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Wow....Orihime goes in 'Kurosaki-kun mode' again, while this should have been her time to shine.....I lost all hope for her now.... >_>;
I can sympathize. I haven't lost all hope for her yet, but I was expecting something huge for her this chapter. That's what I get for expecting anything at all. I hope that Kubo's just being silly and drawing this out for as long as he can until he decides to show us how hardcore Orihime really is. But dammit, she's my favorite character, and I've been waiting this entire arc to see her kick some Arrancar ass. Still watching her flail around and panic and Kurosaki-kun after all this time is finally starting to get to me. ;<

Maybe Jesus Christ Ichigo will make things a little more interesting.
Old 2009-03-11, 15:45   Link #51
LiviaKarv

Oh my...There are like, 329174832 Kurosaki-kuns in there! Geez, Orihime...Why is Kubo trying so hard to make me hate you????

*goes off to cry in frustration*
Old 2009-03-11, 15:51   Link #52
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiviaKarv View Post
Oh my...There are like, 329174832 Kurosaki-kuns in there! Geez, Orihime...Why is Kubo trying so hard to make me hate you????

*goes off to cry in frustration*

The "Kurosaki-kun"x83934 must have had an effect on Ichigo, {didn't he grow hair exactly after the repeated name-yells} i am pretty sure about it. It is not just Inoue, freaking out. Something is fishy there.
Old 2009-03-11, 16:09   Link #53
Langus
Optimus Prime

This chapter looks awesome! Thankfully Bleach has returned to its shonen roots

Amirali - good to see you back buddy! Great theory too. I had a similar sort of idea, particularly in the last chapter (or was it two chapters ago?) when Ulq was shown hovering with his wings and looking down on Ichigo as he struggled to stand. It reminded me of the Biblical story of St. Michael, the warrior angel who was the guardian of Heaven and forced Satan and his minions out. Though warped, from the hollow perspective the shinigami are the evil ones (the destroyers of their kind) and the Vizards a perversion of themselves. In that same context, Ulquiorra is also the Guardian of HM in Aizen's absence. Coincidence? Hmmmm...

Last edited by Langus; 2009-03-11 at 16:59.
Old 2009-03-11, 16:53   Link #54
christinemarie
Crazy One

This would probably be the result introduction to... Vizard lvl2

Spoiler for speculated outcome:

So much for Ulquiorra....... but it might change if Ichigo is the one in control with the new form. I just hope Orihime to collapsed so she won't bother anyone.
Old 2009-03-11, 18:56   Link #55
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I HIGHLY doubt Ichigo is the one in control of this form. He knows nothing of his own powers. Only way is for Hichigo to take over, get the power up, and Ichigo to learn.
Old 2009-03-11, 20:48   Link #56
Setsuna00

if she ever calls him ichigo ill be in shock
Old 2009-03-11, 21:17   Link #57
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

OMFG why can't Ichigo just stay dead.. who gets a big ass hole in there chest and still lives ?
Powerups like DBZ and Dead people coming back to life like Yu Yu hakusho
Old 2009-03-11, 21:23   Link #58
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Whoa, those Kurosaki-kuns will be nothing but awesome when this gets animated(100% goosebumps guarantee for me), she must be losing her sanity right now

I hope Kubo doesn't put her in a situation where she has to chose between Ichi/Ishi with her current shunshunrikka she probably can't help them at the same time(2 fairies to heal something, 3 fairies to make a shield, 1 to attack).. but ok, looks like Ichigo is somehow "fine" already
Old 2009-03-11, 21:25   Link #59
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
I hope Uli gets a bad case of white nose syndrome!!!!!!!! For those of you who don't know what that is, here is an explanation... http://www.fws.gov/northeast/white_nose.html

Last edited by MAQI; 2009-03-11 at 21:59.
Old 2009-03-11, 21:39   Link #60
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't think he's all that concerned with Orihime not being harmed. He knows that destroying everyone Orihime cares about causes her greater distress than physical pain and he's just making sure she's alive and well to experience it. And since it seems like she has no will to fight, and her shield might as well be made out of paper, he has no reason to attack her. If she begged him to stop I think he would just get greater satisfaction since it would back up his claims that humans are pathetic. And of course, he probably wouldn't stop.
Again, the question is that why he cares so much about mentally torturing her. I'm not shipping - just saying that she's gotten under his skin, to the point where I suspect he's fighting more to prove something to her, than any other motive. If she did beg him to stop, I do think he might listen. Not out of compassion, but because it would signify to him that he'd finally broken her spirit. Ulqi doesn't care so much about killing his opponents -he's not a bloodlust driven character - as he does about making them despair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I don't think she's showing any favouritism at all here, she uses different fairies for all three of her powers, so why should she? She can heal and protect at the same time yo!
It's not about favoritism , per se, just about making a rational decision to protect the last warrior still standing on the battlefield. While Ishida's fighting , there's always a chance he can distract Ulqi long enough for Inoue to work her healing mojo.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga