AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-27, 12:00   Link #1
KhaS

Oh! Text Hooker and the game

Hello everyone! First post on the forums, please bear with me ...

Well I have a question, I couldn't find the answer anywhere on this forum and believe me, I searched...
I've recently gotten my hands on the CD version of the game. The problem is that it's in Japanese and I don't understand a SINGLE word of it (I'm not even speaking of kanji...). I read that you can translate it with OTH, but it won't work for me: I can't get the actual text to appear on the OTH window. The only thing that appears is the translation of the menu (and it appears each time there's a new sentence in the game.). So can anyone make a short tutorial on how to use OTH with the game. I'm DYING to play it . Thanks everyone .

Go Haruka !
Old 2004-10-27, 14:56   Link #2
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Ok, simplistically speaking...

With OTH's most recent version you need to do a couple steps...first of all, download the rUGP54010_beta_half.exe file from Age's site, or do a search with google to find it. Install that to the KGNE directory and then run OTH's rUGP patch program and point to the UnivUI.dll file in the KGNE directory. This should allow the game to be hooked, but be warned, this shouldn't be used to literally play the game as it will leave a lot of holes in the words and Engrish the rest. The translation basically uses a Bablefish technique to translate.
Old 2004-10-27, 15:44   Link #3
KhaS

Thanks for this. But there is another problem: I installed rUGP5410_beta_half file into the game's directory, but when I try to patch UNIVui.dll it tells me there is a version missmatch... :S

EDIT: Nevermind I got it to work. Only thing is that the translation is HORRIBLE. Meh... Just have to bear with it. I want an English patch :'(
Old 2004-10-29, 23:49   Link #4
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
How did you end up getting this game without knowing it was in Japanese anyway? Or did you just assume someone had an english patch?
Old 2004-10-30, 01:03   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Dunno if they are like me, but I started snatching up almost anything Age made for KGNE related products

Stating I now only require the Fan Disc and MuvLuv Alternative when it is released
Old 2004-10-30, 04:40   Link #6
KhaS

I thought you could choose your language when you install it. Guess I was wrong...

And DarkCntry: I hope you understand japanese! Also, is MuvLuv related to KgNE, and is it translated?
Old 2004-10-30, 17:02   Link #7
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I have a basic knowledge of the Japanese language, nothing near what is required to fully understand KimiNozo's game without assistance. MuvLuv is a basic alternate reality to KGNE, similar character styles, story isn't the same, and there's cameos from KGNE characters

None of these games are translated, unfortunetly.
Old 2004-10-30, 19:18   Link #8
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Muv Luv takes place after Akane Maniax which takes place after Kiminozo.

However, the mood is so different that it's quite acceptable to consider it as an alternate universe.

There's generally 2 types of extremes in the Age-Soft multiverse

Normal people:
Haruka, Mitsuki, Chizuru, Kei

Seemingly normal people who are in reality, truly out of this world.
Ayu, Motoko-sensei, Meiya, Gouda

The phrase "ignorance is bliss" applies here. The less you know about the category 2 people, the easier it is to accept them into the canon storyline.
Closed Thread