AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-08-23, 12:46   Link #21
Yoska
フランキー

I'm a big fan of the comic but I have never really liked One Piece animation. Don't know why perhaps I find it somewhat annoying (I blame Toei). But I still try to recommend it to the people who likes such a titles as Naruto and Bleach. KF has done wonderful job with in it. It's good that there is more and more OP fans, there aren't that many as there should be. Most of the people I know are turned off by the first episode, why isn't it about luffy's past (damn you Toei ).

I love Kuro arc, isn't it somewhere near episodes 10 - 15. Kuro is such a badass villain and there is 1,2 Jango in it. Plus Usopp & Going Merry Gou is introducted.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-09-08 at 06:53. Reason: A typo
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:00   Link #22
Kimchi
Uchiha Bloodline

Send a message via AIM to Kimchi
so wait.. u dont like one piece but u say u like the kuro act
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:02   Link #23
Antonik

i was hooked after zoro joined up.Hes soo cool and then there was the cat captain on the island with ussop, one of the coolest battles ever.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:43   Link #24
Gmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimchi
so wait.. u dont like one piece but u say u like the kuro act
He said he liked the manga, but not the anime, which is fair enough really.
Gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:32   Link #25
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
I'm big fan of the comic but I have never really liked One Piece animation. Don't know why perhaps I find it somewhat annoying (I blame Toei). But I still try to remommend it to the people who likes such a titles as Naruto and Bleach. KF has done wonderful job with in it. It's good that there is more and more OP fans, there aren't that many as there should be. Most of the people I know are turned off by the first episode, why isn't it about luffy's past (damn you Toei ).

I love Kuro arc, isn't it somewhere near episodes 10 - 15. Kuro is such a badass villain and there is 1,2 Jango in it. Plus Usopp & Going Merry Gou is introducted.
yea i agree on the animation.
its kinda.... not really....... good......
but K-F was and still is great.
the best thing i like about K-F is the Special Fonts for skills.
even tho i saw upto latest episode in like 4 days.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 09:54   Link #26
labo

whether its anime or manga, its still the best...its not only the animation but the story itself, its like quite unique for a pirate theme story...
labo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 11:14   Link #27
UserName

I do think the animation needs to improve quite a bit... if it were like the animation in the new opinion that would be great.

But one reason why One Piece manga is soooo much better than the anime(both are still good) is the OP filler.... like Apis...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 11:37   Link #28
Neophos
Iīm from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
Yeah, the Apis filler was pretty bad -__-

IMO, though, the anime > the manga. I just get a better feeling from the anime ^_^

And then the OPs and EDs are very good =D
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 13:05   Link #29
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
Yeah, the Apis filler was pretty bad -__-
OK, good, I was wondering if I wasn't the only one who thought the Apis arc sucked. It was soooo boring, I couldn't wait for it to end.

As for why I like One Piece...
I've always liked quest/adventure stories. In the beginning, I thought perhaps the formulated way most of the arcs play out would get stale, but so far, they haven't. Instead, the mystery, the intrigue, the overall scale of the story grows and becomes even more interesting.

It's hilarious at times. I don't think I've laughed so hard watching One Piece than any other anime I've seen. But every now and then I get misty eyed, too.

The real strength of the story is the characters, though. I love all of them (that I've met so far). The fun is seeing how all the characters will eventually reach their ultimate dream. And then there's kick-ass battles.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 19:08   Link #30
Neophos
Iīm from Sweden ^_^

The thing is, Usopp doesnīt really have a big dream..

I mean, they all have big scale dreams, and reasons to join the gang. But not Usopp.

Luffy: Wants to become the Pirate king, a very great achivment.
Zoro: Wants to become the worlds best swordsman, which is indeed hard. Joined after Luffy saved his life.
Nami: Wants to draw a map over the whole world, and i bet the only piece sheīs missing is Grand line. Joined (for real) when Luffy saved her village from Arlong.
Sanji: Wants to find All Blue. Joined to follow his dream, and because Zef basically wanted him to.
Usopp: Wants to become...a brave warrior? Joined because...he wants to be a pirate?

But i guess there will be changes in the Usopp department now, the manga has a perfect situation for it ^_^
Old 2004-12-04, 20:21   Link #31
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hey that's actually a pretty big achievement for Usopp, considering that he's a chicken at heart.

I don't remember exactly but I liked OP pretty much right from the start, Luffy's just so whacky. Yes he can be annoying at times, but his responses are often so funny. That's one of the things I like best about OP, the whacky characters and humor. I didn't think the Apis arc was that bad, but it seems I better not dwell on that too much or a lynchmob may be coming my way. At least Usopp got to show off with a genious cannonball shot.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 22:22   Link #32
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
.. Am I the only one who liked the Apis arc because it wasn't from the manga.. I thought it was something new and interesting, I catually liked it a lot...
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 23:39   Link #33
Neophos
Iīm from Sweden ^_^

I like everything One piece ^_^

But, the filler arc just seemed..stupid..A bit like the latest Naruto one.

I mean, after the Mr. 1 battle, Zoro said "Now iīm a man that can cut steel" or something, but in the filler, he cut steel like it was nothing.

Also, that wind thingie fruit seemed stupid..Most movie/filler fruits seem to be kinda stupid =/

The marines were extremly weak -__- I know they are supposed to, but still...

All in all, it was better then certain fillers, but far from the usual One Piece class ^_^
Old 2004-12-05, 03:14   Link #34
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
The thing is, Usopp doesnīt really have a big dream..
Well, I don't know if his dream to be a "brave warrior" has that much less significance than, say, Zoro's to be the greatest swordsman. Think about it - Usopp being world-renowned for his bravery...that would be quite amazing, don't you think?

I haven't read the latest manga chapters, so I really don't know what's going on there yet. I don't like looking ahead to spoilers.

Quote:
Hey that's actually a pretty big achievement for Usopp, considering that he's a chicken at heart.
Bah, he is not a chicken at heart. He just acts like one a lot of the time. :P

Quote:
Also, that wind thingie fruit seemed stupid.
You mean the "Okama" fruit guy? XD
Old 2004-12-05, 07:42   Link #35
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Seems to me that once people know that an arc is filler (since they know about the manga) they tend to try extra hard to find reasons why it's no good. If other arcs were regarded with similar scrutiny it's possible you could find just as much reasons against it. The only valid reason against it I have seen mght be the steel-cutting thing (I'd have to check, can't remember it). Generic marines are always weak, and there are plenty of weird/stupid fruit powers. I didn't know the Apis arc was filler when I watched it and didn't think it was too bad, although in retrospect it was indeed less interesting than other arcs.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 11:04   Link #36
Neophos
Iīm from Sweden ^_^

I didnīt read the manga until i came to the current stop in K-F...

So, i didnīt know it was filler either.

But still, Luffy..Slingshot or something took out around 250 or so marines, Zoro cutting steel, the Talk-to-animals fruit and the wind-throwing fruit were, IMO, pretty stupid.

But the thing i noticed the most, it wasnīt as funny as the usual =(
Old 2004-12-05, 12:27   Link #37
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
The first few episodes are really boring, but afterwards it starts to get better, once they've gone through all the main chracter's past (although interesting it does get bit boring) then it really picks up and becomes addictive to watch. But they do have the odd rubbish episode.

It is definitely fun to watch
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 12:32   Link #38
AnimeNewtype101
Anime/Manga Tensai

Send a message via AIM to AnimeNewtype101
One Piece to me is cool because of the characters themselves, I mean the character development in that show is just absolutely breath-taking. I mean even so-called wimpy characters like Usopp or Chopper or even Nami are protrayed so beautifully, you can't help but love them!!!

Also the fights, I mean all the fights to me were just stunning and amazing. Especially when Luffy fights, because when you see Luffy fight you know it's going to be one hell of a show.

Oh, and you should always look out for Usopp fights as well because in nearly every single one of his fights, Usopp makes a grand speech that will have you at tears.
AnimeNewtype101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 17:12   Link #39
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
I didn't know the Apis arc was filler when I watched it and didn't think it was too bad, although in retrospect it was indeed less interesting than other arcs.

I didn't know the Apis arc was a filler when I first watched it either. It still bored me. Maybe the characters seemed a little off. And it was more like the Luffy and Apis show. I did get a little teary-eyed at one point, though.
Old 2004-12-06, 17:15   Link #40
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Oh, and you should always look out for Usopp fights as well because in nearly every single one of his fights, Usopp makes a grand speech that will have you at tears.
Plus, he's so dad-gummed secksi.... @_@
ragweed is offline   Reply With Quote