Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 10:45   Link #261
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lucky frogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Well if you're looking for romance, you'll have to settle for YagyuuxHibari. Now, can we get back to the episode please?
I'm more than okay with this pairing. These two look cute together.
Old 2013-01-14, 11:08   Link #262
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
In all honesty, if you slapped a guy in there none of this "possible lesbian/bisexual" talk would be happening.
Kiriya: "Me!"
Next episode's guy from preview: "Me?"

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:08   Link #263
Midonin
Last Engage

Senran Kagura 02 - This is Battletoads, Maybe

Once again, the fanservice continues to be pretty tame. Sure, there was plenty of swimsuits and some underwear, and also a shower scene, but even then, the scene was blocked in such a way that the conversation between Asuka and Ikagura became the forefront. Still enjoying the narrator (as I do most narrators). He even explained the concept of frogs - maybe only tangentially ninja-related, but still, it keeps with the tone of the series.

Considering the layout of the girls' rooms, I was expecting Asuka to hit upon a cat as being her familiar, but it looks like she's sticking with tradition. This explains why she's the protagonist, that combination of importance with her lineage, and normalcy by being the least specialized member of the five. Some great bonding moments with Ikaruga this week, but I was hoping to see her transformation sequence in an episode, instead of just the opening. Yagyuu and Hibari's relationship is really heavily reminding me of Mitsuki and Yukari's, though they lack a Ginji to provide the ridiculous campy bodyguard role. Maybe that's also what Katsu is here for.

So there are ninja schools in this world that actively promote themselves as "evil"? That wouldn't look very good on one's credentials, but if there's a market for it, it must be supplied. Two weeks in, and still really enjoying this show.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 23:06   Link #264
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hibari with the pink rabbit and Kiriya who seems to have a lot of smoke bombs
Old 2013-01-14, 23:15   Link #265
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.2

well give some "hmm" about puppets attack so give on alert & avoid outside people so now train for summon animals.

give most summon are ok especially pink rabbit but asuka can't summon her yet & oh she also have fear of frogs.

then her grandpa make a visit give some sushi & also asuka about family history with frogs give also had talk with smoke-bomb teacher about seem puppets are from rival school.

give while asuka still trying get over frog fear while also ojou-ninja got "frog attack" so two pick-up food til attack from crossbow female.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:22   Link #266
EroKing

Old 2013-01-15, 19:32   Link #267
Nerroth
NePoi!

Funi are now uploading the series onto YouTube. (The videos don't work on mobile devices for now; at least, they don't show up on the Vita's YT app just yet.)
Old 2013-01-16, 03:23   Link #268
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

super episode 2 Asuka too cute with her ​​fear of frogs
Old 2013-01-16, 13:13   Link #269
EroKing

Old 2013-01-16, 21:56   Link #270
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Wait, what? You're saying that this is inferior to Samurai Girls just because there's no Mune-Guy around this time?
I don't know what he's been smoking, but this show is *better* than Samurai Girls *because* it doesn't have that useless waste of air Muneakira!

For me, the show delivers, and the second episode is even better
Besides the tasty breast fondling, we have Katsuragi showing off her glorious shimapan several times, we have girls in bikinis without the need for a pool or a beach, we have giant pink bunnies and bunny suits, and we have frogs who like oppai and pantsu (if mangatron was here, he's quickly turn into frogtron for this )
All that with an interesting shinobi/ninja-background, and without any annoying intermission from some useless waste of air like Muneakira! It's full of win!

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
So there are ninja schools in this world that actively promote themselves as "evil"? That wouldn't look very good on one's credentials, but if there's a market for it, it must be supplied. Two weeks in, and still really enjoying this show.
You're referring to the other girls from the "Snake Girls academy", as it was called by Hanzou?
I think putting the as plain evil would be wrong. As Hanzou explained, the are two different factions. The one from the Hanzou school) work for national security and maintaining the peace. The others (from the Snake school) are more like mercenaries, as I understood it, and work for whoever pays for it. It remains to be seen if they really work for anyone, or if they actually have any moral guidelines concerning who they work for.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:31   Link #271
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What intrigues me is the identity of the Hebi School's headmistress; she' sounds and dresses female, and when Hanzou mentions to Kiriya that it could be their old enemies, Kiriya immediately recalls a girl who looks something like an older version of Homura.

Either she died in battle with Hebi, or she's somehow connected. Either way, it bears watching.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 11:16   Link #272
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Either she died in battle with Hebi, or she's somehow connected. Either way, it bears watching.
Admit it, you are in for Chihaya Ikaruga.
Old 2013-01-17, 23:04   Link #273
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Admit it, you are in for Chihaya Ikaruga.
Officious Bystander Rule in action, ho! (Comes from a called called Re: The Moorcock - the Officious Bystander Rule, when applied to terms of a contract, refers to terms so obvious that had an officious bystander asked the parties whether they had thought about this matter, that was not in the contract, the parties would reply, "Of course it bloody well is.")

tl;dr: Yes, I am in this for Chihaya Ikaruga.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 09:48   Link #274
EroKing

NSFW
Random pic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-20, 01:05   Link #275
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Officious Bystander Rule in action, ho! (Comes from a called called Re: The Moorcock - the Officious Bystander Rule, when applied to terms of a contract, refers to terms so obvious that had an officious bystander asked the parties whether they had thought about this matter, that was not in the contract, the parties would reply, "Of course it bloody well is.")

tl;dr: Yes, I am in this for Chihaya Ikaruga.
Same here!...and Yagyuu...lol
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 13:05   Link #276
Pheonix03

Thoughts on Episode 3:

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Pheonix03; 2013-01-21 at 02:23.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 18:30   Link #277
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
As much as there technically have a lot of fanservice in it, it all just feel really natural and matter-of-fact to me. The show knows that itself is silly, and those little quirks make this series somewhat charming. I really don't see it as an ecchi series, more like SoL with action and light comedy.
This show is totally a ninja version of Strike Witches. Both are about a team of girls that fight bad guys, and both have loads of fanservice that feel totally natural.

I think the absence of a male main character period is part of the reason why. I think if there is a male character then fanservice moments have to pass through a male filter and seem shocking and super-arousing. But since it's just between girls a peek or jiggle here and there is just part of a normal day for them.
Old 2013-01-20, 21:33   Link #278
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2013-01-21, 00:16   Link #279
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2013-01-21, 01:03   Link #280
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boobs, ecchi, ninja, senran kagura, yuri