AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-10, 15:37   Link #7241
Nosauz

Have any of you guys hit up the PTR? I've been running ZG/ZA with the heroic blues premades and i have to say it's like running into a brick wall. THere are just so many bads, I've seen people in the epic premades fail to do as much dps as my ele sham who goes oom like at 50% of the fight. I'm calling it now, this will see the nerf bat with in 2 weeks. As a raider I have no trouble with the content, even on an undergeared toon whos class I don't play, but man when causals hit this their going to be in a world of hurt, I plan on guild running this so it won't be bad and we'll shard most of everything fore the sweet sweet maelstroms but I do feel like the forums will be set a blaze when the non raiding population of wow visits these dungeons.

Council isnt' even that hard of a fight, as long as you don't have mouth breathers wipe the raid with lighting rod in phase 2 and if you balance the dps classes half of your dps won't get hit by the chain lighting if the stand to the back side of the elementium monstrosity, Nefarian on the other hand is a dps check/ a tank check and a quality check on your raiders, so far this tier is hard but really the final bosses of these dungeons are hard let alone making the jump to heroic.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 17:59   Link #7242
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Have any of you guys hit up the PTR? I've been running ZG/ZA with the heroic blues premades and i have to say it's like running into a brick wall. THere are just so many bads, I've seen people in the epic premades fail to do as much dps as my ele sham who goes oom like at 50% of the fight. I'm calling it now, this will see the nerf bat with in 2 weeks. As a raider I have no trouble with the content, even on an undergeared toon whos class I don't play, but man when causals hit this their going to be in a world of hurt, I plan on guild running this so it won't be bad and we'll shard most of everything fore the sweet sweet maelstroms but I do feel like the forums will be set a blaze when the non raiding population of wow visits these dungeons.
There aren't any raids on the PTR so a lot of raiders aren't going to bother with it this time. Also since it's a premade with epics PTR, a ton of idiots will join just to have a character with epics for a short while.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 16:15   Link #7243
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There aren't any raids on the PTR so a lot of raiders aren't going to bother with it this time. Also since it's a premade with epics PTR, a ton of idiots will join just to have a character with epics for a short while.
if your testing out 4.1 and most of these people are, you get no epics, you get a heroic geared toon, with max ench, max jc and all the item enchants need to enchant your guy. The thing is I want to see content, yet all i get are mouth breathing idiots that don't know anything about the class they are playing. It just makes it very difficult to gauge the difficulty of the instances, but considering the fail we already see in LFD it's easy to assume that this will be rough on the causal crowd. Also anybody having latency and connection issues? We've had people dcing all over the place while raiding and it's making it rough to get any sort of rhythm while we raid. I'm assuming it;s the prepatching but just seeing if there is any.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 21:02   Link #7244
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Rolling with pugs on the PTR is suicide. Most don't have a clue. Try and get guildies to go with you.
Old 2011-04-23, 07:12   Link #7245
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Patch 4.1 is pretty much guaranteed to be this coming week. Revamped ZG+ZA, improved GUIs, etc

And I FINALLY got this...

Spoiler for Because It's Red:
Old 2011-04-23, 15:49   Link #7246
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Patch 4.1 is pretty much guaranteed to be this coming week. Revamped ZG+ZA, improved GUIs, etc

And I FINALLY got this...

Spoiler for Because It's Red:
The achievement name got me What do you do to get that achievement? Something involving a red scarab mount?
Old 2011-04-23, 19:15   Link #7247
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The achievement name got me What do you do to get that achievement? Something involving a red scarab mount?
what got to me was that this thread is still alive.. shouldn't we rename it to Rift?
Old 2011-04-23, 19:22   Link #7248
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
what got to me was that this thread is still alive.. shouldn't we rename it to Rift?
If people are playing Rift they can make a Rift thread or post in it if it already exists?

That achievement just requires that you get the red scarab mount from AQ40. It's pretty simple but can sometimes be annoying. Red mount is a 1% drop from the trash that drops mounts while the other mounts are 10-15% I think. I was holding out for it on my druid back when AQ40 was the endgame and was lucky enough that when my guild basically told me since I was the only one without a mount and I had to take the next one that dropped, that it was a red one. I got yelled at too haha. I was so amused.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-23, 20:47   Link #7249
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

True, if people wanted a Rift thread, then they can just make one

Now that you think about it. Everytime I go to AQ40 to help guildies get the achievement, I always see yellow or blue drop and never any other color. I just thought those were the only ones you can get so I didn't mind it much.
Old 2011-04-24, 00:22   Link #7250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yeaa.. thats the joke. everyone sayin Rift is the wow killer and such /shrug but i guess its not much of a joke =\
Old 2011-04-24, 00:49   Link #7251
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It took me such a long time because that red one just didn't drop much at all. When it did, I'd roll above 90 and still lose...drove me nuts. So now that those trash mobs right at the start of the instance can be infinitely farmed. The trick is for the first pack of 4 sentinels, you kill 3 then zone out. Since one is still alive, four will be there when you zone back in. Just repeat the process until Red drops. I was rather keen for a feat of strength mount this Easter weekend since I found a 4th camel figurine in Uldum a couple of days ago and it was a fake yet again. So I'm stoked to have finally won a red. I remember back in Vanilla when people would spend ALL their DKP just to get that mount since it was so rare to see one.

Archaeology being made more accomodating (Races you have all the rares for will stop/hardly appear on the map anymore) will make me want to pick it up again. Plus I am super keen for the ZA/ZG mounts.
Old 2011-04-24, 01:46   Link #7252
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
yeaa.. thats the joke. everyone sayin Rift is the wow killer and such /shrug but i guess its not much of a joke =\
People also said Runes of Magic would be the wow killer but nothing happened
Old 2011-04-24, 01:52   Link #7253
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've heard WoW players say Aion, Runescape, Rift, Star Wars: Old Republic might entice them but they came back quickly. In the end, attrition/getting burnt out is what causes most people to stop.
Old 2011-04-24, 01:55   Link #7254
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There was also Warhammer: Age of Reckoning to go along with that but enthusiasm for the fresh pvp system it had then kinda blew down. Guild Wars 2 looks very promising but taking all the time in the world, but that's understandable.
Old 2011-04-24, 02:01   Link #7255
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

League of Legends had me for a short while but the amount of grinding in matches you have to do to unlock other characters makes WoW look tame in comparison...
Old 2011-04-24, 02:13   Link #7256
Xacual

Quote:
League of Legends had me for a short while but the amount of grinding in matches you have to do to unlock other characters makes WoW look tame in comparison...
So true, I play one custom game of that every couple of days and that's enough for me.

I'm bored of WoW at the moment though, haven't played in a few months, though some family circumstances too. Debating if I want to bother enabling my account for 4.1 or if I should just wait for 4.2.

Old 2011-04-24, 02:15   Link #7257
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm just gonna wait till they release the Firelands raid. Patch 4.1 just seems like a bystander patch to me by just revamping Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub. Although it would be interesting to face the bosses there, having raid gear kinda makes it easy for me unless I have a very bad group.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-04-24 at 02:26.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 05:35   Link #7258
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
I've heard WoW players say Aion, Runescape, Rift, Star Wars: Old Republic might entice them but they came back quickly. In the end, attrition/getting burnt out is what causes most people to stop.
I can tell you that what ultimately killed both Aion and Rift for me was the fact they were pretty much WoW with different graphics. I wonder if game designers will someday understand that players leave WoW to play a different game, not play WoW with a new skin.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 10:42   Link #7259
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I heard Vanguard was going to be the WoW killer back when it was in beta. but they ruined that game SOoooo much... i thought it was gonna be awesome...building your own home just about anywhere you want.. boats too... sadly that went down the freakin toilet...

I'd be playing star wars galaxies if it wasnt casual gamer transformed...
Old 2011-04-24, 10:51   Link #7260
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Even Darkfall was considered a WoW killer with the fact that pvp combat looked interesting and you can build your own base. But the fact that is was all focused on PvP only attracted the pvp players in WoW, not the pve players.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-04-24 at 11:03.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows