AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-09, 18:07   Link #81
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just hope IW deal with the masses of Noob Tubers and Quick Scopers.
Well quick-scoping is confirmed to be in but explosives are indeed getting nerfed.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 10:48   Link #82
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Just hope IW deal with the masses of Noob Tubers and Quick Scopers.
As someone whose hands-on experience with the Modern Warfare games is limited to having fooled around with the first one at a demo stand years ago, I am honestly curious as to why the grenade launchers are apparently so despised. You don't hear anything like this over in BC2 - where folks rolling Assault not only have mated GLs by default, but never have to worry about running out of shells.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 11:11   Link #83
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

on some show on spike they asked a vet if quick scoping is used in real life combat, They replied "No, and the thought of even using such a tactic is considered stupidity"
Old 2011-08-10, 11:46   Link #84
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
As someone whose hands-on experience with the Modern Warfare games is limited to having fooled around with the first one at a demo stand years ago, I am honestly curious as to why the grenade launchers are apparently so despised. You don't hear anything like this over in BC2 - where folks rolling Assault not only have mated GLs by default, but never have to worry about running out of shells.
Probably because BC2 has longer engagement ranges, meaning that scoring kills with a grenade launcher tends to be harder. You have to figure out the elevation of the round to get a kill. Modern Warfare is predominantly close qaurters combat, so there's this perception that a grenade launcher guarantees you at least a couple of insta kills.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 13:31   Link #85
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
on some show on spike they asked a vet if quick scoping is used in real life combat, They replied "No, and the thought of even using such a tactic is considered stupidity"
I think you're talking about the segment called "Combat Facts" on Gametrailers TV.

They did a 2-3 min. segment on "quick-scoping" and the guy tried to do it irl lol.

You can also check out all the segments on gametrailers.com.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 17:44   Link #86
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar of Dreams View Post
Well quick-scoping is confirmed to be in but explosives are indeed getting nerfed.
Yea I found out about the QS shortly after posting, thing is I just hate QS when they are on my team cause I can deal with QS tends to be 50/50 like any other time with any other gun but when they are on my team they let the team down cause they simply suck ass.
And I hate losing by stupid means like that more than anything else.
Dumb gimmick that rarely adds towards winning the game expect maybe on Search and Destroy but then I usually only play that with clanmates then and we just tear through these QS noobs

Quote:
Like Rambo said on BC maps are alot bigger so tubing never really been a problem, it's more the snipers on there.
On MW2 it's easy to get them kills with grenade launcher.
Also on MW2 you had this rather annoying perks called "One Man Army" which lets you change class during the match, so waht people do is put grenade launchers on all their classes and would switch once they shot off their rounds.
Or using the "Scavenger" perk to resupply which meeans you could keep shooting off.
Old 2011-08-10, 18:51   Link #87
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Okay, addressing in order...

Quote:
Like Rambo said on BC maps are alot bigger so tubing never really been a problem, it's more the snipers on there.
Well, at least in most cases the snipers can be countered by airpower (manned or otherwise) and vehicles (just watch out for mortar strikes). Besides, like 'thumping', sniping here takes a bit of practice to get down... personally, I've had much better luck rolling with a Thompson or Garand or M14 than any of the sniper rifles.

Quote:
On MW2 it's easy to get them kills with grenade launcher.
As RR notes, this is almost entirely due to map design... yes, there are enclosed spots on BC2 maps, but they tend to get torn open really quick. Again from personal experience, I find myself having better luck with launchers if I bring flechette packs instead of HE (the '40mm SGN')... great for, ah, close encounters. Incidentally, this is what I liked about Killzone's StA-52 - that both it and its ISA counterpart lost their mated weapons in subsequent iterations was not only displeasing, but made no sense.

Quote:
Also on MW2 you had this rather annoying perks called "One Man Army" which lets you change class during the match, so waht people do is put grenade launchers on all their classes and would switch once they shot off their rounds.
Just to clarify - 'during the match' as in literally mid-engagement?

Quote:
Or using the "Scavenger" perk to resupply which meeans you could keep shooting off.
Remember, folks - OSP is a good thing.

Sort of related: I always wondered why there wasn't a 'hot smoke' upgrade which allowed smoke grenades to block thermals as well as visible light... or why, when they borrowed the heartbeat sensors from Rainbow Six, they didn't bring along the two countermeasures (jammer and decoy) immediately...
Old 2011-08-10, 20:05   Link #88
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Quote:
Just to clarify - 'during the match' as in literally mid-engagement?
There is a small delay but otherwise yes. It refills your ammo so you could switch to an identical noob tube class to continue the abuse.

Also there was a perk called Danger Close which increased all explosive danger by 40% (thereby increasing the lethal blast radius). It basically transformed noob tube grenades into mini-nukes.
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 06:57   Link #89
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Well, at least in most cases the snipers can be countered by airpower (manned or otherwise) and vehicles (just watch out for mortar strikes). Besides, like 'thumping', sniping here takes a bit of practice to get down... personally, I've had much better luck rolling with a Thompson or Garand or M14 than any of the sniper rifles.
Haha oddly enough if you do bring the rain, filling the air with Air support does help greatly in MW2 but theres so much airsupport "spamming" these days it's stupid and it tends to always be one sided.
But thats one of the things I like about BF, while sniper tend to be the biggest problem they are actually a big problem, they can be dealt with but on COD it's becomes alot harder to deal with "morons" doing their tricks/glitches not to say you wouldn't find that on BF either but much much less.

Quote:
Sort of related: I always wondered why there wasn't a 'hot smoke' upgrade which allowed smoke grenades to block thermals as well as visible light... or why, when they borrowed the heartbeat sensors from Rainbow Six, they didn't bring along the two countermeasures (jammer and decoy) immediately...
You use the Ninja perk to get around thermal/HBS, makes you invisible to them.

For the vid, I'd like to point out the welcome return of the G36 and MP5(not the MP5K model, that one is pants. I'm on about the one from COD4:MW that one was godlike!)
Old 2011-08-18, 18:42   Link #90
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

All unconfirmed info

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-28, 05:33   Link #91
JC...
I am a Pie

Hopefully Call of Duty will die after MW3. If not, I'll facepalm so hard.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 05:47   Link #92
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Hopefully Call of Duty will die after MW3. If not, I'll facepalm so hard.

Don't hurt yourself
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 08:19   Link #93
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Nah, it should go forever.
Old 2011-08-28, 09:29   Link #94
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

To increase sales, all they need to do is to is to change the boxart cover :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 10:19   Link #95
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Love it. lol

Blakstealth, who is your avatar?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 14:01   Link #96
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
To increase sales, all they need to do is to is to change the boxart cover...
Which leads me to wonder how many folks would print that out at the apporpriate size to be actually usable as boxart. Bonus points if whoever spawned that image has a larger version that includes the spine and back cover...

This also reminds me of my disappointment that the Gunslinger Girl PS2 games never made it to this side of the Pac. Though if a developer wanted to have a go at it from whole cloth, the mechanics in Everything or Nothing wouldn't be a bad foundation...
Old 2011-08-28, 14:27   Link #97
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Love it. lol

Blakstealth, who is your avatar?
Hibiki Ganaha from THE iDOLM@STER.
Old 2011-08-28, 15:16   Link #98
JC...
I am a Pie

Activision don't need to do anything to increase sales, all they have to do is slap Call of Duty on the box and millions of raging fanboys run to Bobby K's mansion to suck him of- I mean er, pay yet another ridiculous amount of money for a game with so little changes.

Suck on this CoD, good games win the day.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 15:52   Link #99
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Lol, it's already obvious that MW2 is worse on the PC.
Old 2011-08-28, 17:15   Link #100
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Which leads me to wonder how many folks would print that out at the apporpriate size to be actually usable as boxart. Bonus points if whoever spawned that image has a larger version that includes the spine and back cover...
I do that with the annual NCAA Football game. Why not have a cover I prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Hibiki Ganaha from THE iDOLM@STER.
Thanks!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote