AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-18, 11:44   Link #2481
Archaeon

I guess Sayaka got help from Morning Lescue.

What episode is it again when Morning Lescue commercial appear in gg fansubs?
Old 2013-11-18, 11:46   Link #2482
hinakatbklyn

(2004) Maia Mizuki (Daphne in the Brilliant Blue) = Semis
(2007) Rena Ryugu (Higurashi) = semis
(2008) Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad) = semis
(2013) Watashi <Main Character> (Humainty has Declined) = semis

Looks like Watashi has three reasons to win her next match:
(A) First non-PMMM/Saki challenger to win a 1-on-1 match, regular season or postseason against a PMMM rep
(B) First challenger outside of PMMM and Saki to advance to the finals since 2010
(C) (Seiyuu) Mai Nakahara representing a challenger past the semi-finals

Having seen Humanity has Declined (Half-way so far) I would have a reason to support Watashi as well if she does end up winning AST. It's going to be wait and see what happens next.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:47   Link #2483
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Probably cause she's the only non-PMMM candidate and being Watashi would make this an epic troll xP
I'm just curious to know what changed Ion's mind about Madoka Magica girls being unbeatable to non-PMMM girls.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:52   Link #2484
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm just curious to know what changed Ion's mind about Madoka Magica girls being unbeatable to non-PMMM girls.
Ayase Aragaki losing to Madoka. Pretty much ion's been anti-Madoka ever since.
Old 2013-11-18, 11:57   Link #2485
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I am disappoint i hope main character beats her
Old 2013-11-18, 12:01   Link #2486
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Probably cause she's the only non-PMMM candidate and being Watashi would make this an epic troll xP
That's why I think Watashi has a decent chance of winning other than voters doesn't want a repeat series winner.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:08   Link #2487
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Ah, that explains it.

(It's your own fault, Ion. You betrayed Ayase for Sayaka by keeping a Sayaka avatar for quite some time now.

You might as well give yourself fully to the PMMM Dark Side now. It is the only way to honor Ayase now. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for her are strong.)
Old 2013-11-18, 12:40   Link #2488
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Why? Just curious.
For pure trolling purpose...

Quote:
I'm a little bit anti-Kaname Madoka, but she's not even close to being on my "hatred" list (Compare to, let say, Miyanaga Saki for knocking out Kobato last year then Niku + Rika this year, or my constant anti-Eu campaign over at ISML). Oh well, I guess the main reason is that at least I understand why people vote for the goddess (Compare to Kiyosumi's white devil and a certain necromancer)

On the other hand, though, she did knocked both Ayase and Kuroneko out (My new #1 Oreimo girl and my moto-kanojo...oh well, I'm starting to sound like Kyousuke here )...

(And no, I'm not anti-PMMM...just Kaname Madoka, and only partially)
Old 2013-11-18, 12:48   Link #2489
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
For pure trolling purpose...
I have to admit, you're good at that.
Old 2013-11-18, 15:54   Link #2490
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I have to admit, you're good at that.
It's nothing new anyway...I did pick Erica Hartmann to win it all back in 2011.

(Last year it was hard to troll just b/c it's 6x Saki girls + 2x Kugyu tsunderes...)
Old 2013-11-18, 19:08   Link #2491
Team Rocket Elite

That was a shocking result. Mami's undefeated streak ends at 12 and it's at the hands of a fellow Puella Magi. Well I guess it's not really possible for a non-Puella Magi to have ended the streak so that part wasn't that surprising. This also ends the chances of a repeat winner but things still looks good for a repeat series and repeat studio. No series has ever won twice and I think Kyoto Animation is the only animation studio with two winners. What does this all mean for Watashi? Maybe her chances of winning are better now but even in the best case where Sayaka turns out to be the second weakest Puella Magi, that still probably makes Sayaka 4th strongest in the entire tournament.
Old 2013-11-19, 00:38   Link #2492
spirits having flown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
That was a shocking result. Mami's undefeated streak ends at 12 and it's at the hands of a fellow Puella Magi. Well I guess it's not really possible for a non-Puella Magi to have ended the streak so that part wasn't that surprising. This also ends the chances of a repeat winner but things still looks good for a repeat series and repeat studio. No series has ever won twice and I think Kyoto Animation is the only animation studio with two winners. What does this all mean for Watashi? Maybe her chances of winning are better now but even in the best case where Sayaka turns out to be the second weakest Puella Magi, that still probably makes Sayaka 4th strongest in the entire tournament.
...not to mention Sayaka being the only Puella Magi to have defeated Mamicita so far
Old 2013-11-19, 02:02   Link #2493
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirits having flown View Post
...not to mention Sayaka being the only Puella Magi to have defeated Mamicita so far
Madoka had more votes than Mami in the preliminaries, so there's that.
Old 2013-11-19, 03:07   Link #2494
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Triple R, Coldlight and ion, a question for you Mikiists: what do you think of a Kyouko-Sayaka final?

Also, I think this might be strategic voting by the Goddess voters, and maybe some Watashi voters.
MadoMagi voters will be ever so slightly less likely to vote for Kyouko than Madoka (regardless of who the other finalist is), so Kyouko definitely.

For the other one... I don't know what to choose. Let Sayaka win, or give JAST a chance of survival? (And this is why I'm going to sit out the second semi-final.) ... Meh, since it's gonna die anyway, Sayaka then. :/

As for the pairing itself... no comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirits having flown View Post
Much as I don't want to see Sayaka use her sword to [censored] Mamicita, this has to be a good time to see her finally win a Top 8 match. Just a few more minutes to go...
Decapitate? Atomise? Slice into cubes?

... Nah, nothing worth censoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Spoiler for *cue Miracle Gliders by Eri Kitamura*:

The student has bested her mentor.

Sayaka faced the biggest challenge yet in her entire Saimoe career head-on... and won. She has just defeated the girl who used to be the vaunted frontrunner for much of the tournament. Now she steps forward further than she ever did before.

Images
from the light...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
...she emerged the victor of the match.

@Triple_R
Spicy, and quite the appropriate (err, inappropriate?) pic for the occasion.
Spoiler for Reference to you-know-what:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One good thing about intra-series PMMM matches is that they're relatively unpredictable.

1. Most people didn't think Mami would defeat Madoka in 2011, and go on to win it all.

2. Almost nobody thought Homura would be the one to finish third in the Ayase/Homura/Madoka match.

3. Most (including even me, I'll admit) thought Mami was the favorite to win this latest match.

For intra-series matches, Madoka Magica is very unpredictable. Usually intra-series matches are as predictable as it gets.
Well, usually the support for the main girls is also quite consistent with the 5 main girls, which is atypical for a single faction.

Just goes to show how unusual Madoka Magica is.

And this is why I'm going to sit out the first semi-final, even though I think Madoka has a higher chance.

So I'm going to sit out both semi-finals.

Joy.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-11-19, 03:23   Link #2495
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I was quite expecting Sayaka to win against Mami. Mami's disadvantage was being a former Saimoe champion, guess the faction totally aren't for repeat champions. Or it can also be that the majority of the faction actually chose Mami but the resistance gave their votes to Sayaka for strategic purposes since Sayaka's least favored of the girls and Sayaka has the biggest possibility to lose over a non-PMMM girl. Other than those, I don't see any other reason for Sayaka's win.

Totally supporting Madoka till the end though
Old 2013-11-19, 03:37   Link #2496
spirits having flown

Quote:
Madoka had more votes than Mami in the preliminaries, so there's that.
Forgot to mention that I was refering to the head to head (no pun intended) matchups in the main round...lol.
Old 2013-11-19, 03:43   Link #2497
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

It's now possible for a non-PMMM to reach finals.
Old 2013-11-19, 07:15   Link #2498
Team Rocket Elite

Sf1: Sakura Kyouko vs Kaname Madoka

I haven't actually called a single Puella Magi vs Puella Magi match right so far. I had Homura and Mami winning the matches they lost. Even so, I'm still fairly confident in Madoka who looks to be in good shape the win the whole tournament right now. Kyouko "only" got 60% on Sawa so I feel like Madoka's 65% on Ayase is more impressive. Madoka will win again. Maybe even with 272 votes again.

Vote:
Kaname Madoka

Prediction:
Kaname Madoka
Old 2013-11-19, 08:00   Link #2499
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Sf1: Sakura Kyouko vs Kaname Madoka

I haven't actually called a single Puella Magi vs Puella Magi match right so far. I had Homura and Mami winning the matches they lost. Even so, I'm still fairly confident in Madoka who looks to be in good shape the win the whole tournament right now. Kyouko "only" got 60% on Sawa so I feel like Madoka's 65% on Ayase is more impressive. Madoka will win again. Maybe even with 272 votes again.

Vote:
Kaname Madoka

Prediction:
Kaname Madoka
You don't think there's any chance that voters may want a Kyouko vs. Sayaka final for fairly obvious reasons? Also, saying definitively "Madoka will win again" is a bit disrespectful of Kyouko, don't you think?
Old 2013-11-19, 08:36   Link #2500
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

I think the faction care more for Madoka than the thought of a Kyouko-Sayaka final. But in any case, this could go either way. Since Kyouko's strength is nearly the same as Sayaka, it's possible that even if the majority of the PMMM voters goes with Madoka, Kyouko could beat her with the help of the anti-PMMM voters to either spite the fandom by picking the less choice or to have a strong chance of making Watashi win it all.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament