AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-08-01, 14:32   Link #2961
tsunade666

huh? pvp between Isaac and William? that would be nice to hear/read.
Old 2014-08-02, 22:10   Link #2962
DQueenie13

A person on this site took two comparisons between the backgrounds in Log Horizon and their real life counterparts. It makes the "Elder Tale is post-Apocalyptic" part a lot more obvious, especially for those who don't live in those areas.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:57   Link #2963
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
A person on this site took two comparisons between the backgrounds in Log Horizon and their real life counterparts. It makes the "Elder Tale is post-Apocalyptic" part a lot more obvious, especially for those who don't live in those areas.
isn't Post Apocalyptic Earth the setting for ET?
Old 2014-08-03, 15:12   Link #2964
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
isn't Post Apocalyptic Earth the setting for ET?
I thought I said that? It wasn't directly stated in the anime, though, IIRC.

By the way, what would 雲雀(ひばり)たちの羽ばたき actually say? Something like "The Sparrow Flaps its Wings"?
Old 2014-08-03, 20:21   Link #2965
Gimmesum

Quote:
wow its really amazing...
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 00:48   Link #2966
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
I thought I said that? It wasn't directly stated in the anime, though, IIRC.

By the way, what would 雲雀(ひばり)たちの羽ばたき actually say? Something like "The Sparrow Flaps its Wings"?
From what I read from my source, it means "The Sparrows Stretches/Tests their Wings" =3. It's a reference to the Juniors' development in this volume =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 04:54   Link #2967
tsunade666

Is there any news for the next update or new chapter from mamare? I haven't heard an update since the end of vol 8.
Old 2014-08-04, 09:46   Link #2968
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
From what I read from my source, it means "The Sparrows Stretches/Tests their Wings" =3. It's a reference to the Juniors' development in this volume =3
Okay, thanks. (Most of the Japanese-English online translators use "flap", but Stretch makes more sense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is there any news for the next update or new chapter from mamare? I haven't heard an update since the end of vol 8.
Nope. Usually, he doesn't start posting new chapters until the last finished web novel volume is published (or, that's what I remember happening with volume 7/8). Volume 7 was published in December, and then he started posting new chapters for volume 8 starting in March. With Volume 8's release date set for the end of September (perhaps, the Monday before S2 airs), we probably won't be seeing Volume 9 chapters for a while.

Probably.

He mentioned after finishing volume 8 that he had already begun gathering the materials for volume 9, so he was probably doing some research for it like he did for Isuzu in volume 8.
Old 2014-08-05, 10:40   Link #2969
Gatmarant
Margatmar

Well if the vol 9 want start until vol 8 is published and vol 8 is going to be published just a few days before the second season starts, than the second season will be 1 cour since if they go with the same pace as the first season 5 episodes per volume. they only have enough for 15 episodes, unless they are going to add filler or some of the material from the spin offs series
Gatmarant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 11:04   Link #2970
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatmarant View Post
Well if the vol 9 want start until vol 8 is published and vol 8 is going to be published just a few days before the second season starts, than the second season will be 1 cour since if they go with the same pace as the first season 5 episodes per volume. they only have enough for 15 episodes, unless they are going to add filler or some of the material from the spin offs series
Well, if it's saying anything, they've already picked out the VAs for Kanami's group ... foreshadowing an appearance in S2 or Volume 9?
Old 2014-08-05, 15:21   Link #2971
Vash1306
Pancakes

For those that read the web form of volume 8. Do you think that would make a good end point for the second season of the anime? Assuming they will animate Kanami's adventures too (based on the comment above).

So second season will consist of volumes 7, 8, & 9 + Kanami side story & filler.
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 09:39   Link #2972
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

This probably might not be very helpful to most of us here, but famitsu released an interview with series supervisor Mr Matsuda Shouji and animation director Mr Ishihira Shinji which touched quite a bit on season two: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201408/02058412.html (Nihongo)

Btw, personally I don't think volume nine will make it to the 2nd season. Season two is slated for Autumn, i.e. October. Even if Mamare somehow manages to squeeze volume nine out in August, I believe it'll still be too late to be included in an October show.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2014-08-06 at 09:52.
Old 2014-08-06, 09:48   Link #2973
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This probably might not be very helpful to most of us here, but famitsu released an interview with series supervisor Mr Matsuda Shouji and animation director Mr Ishihira Shinji which touched quite a bit on season two: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201408/02058412.html (Nihongo)
Wait, isn't Masuda Shoji the guy who made Oreshika? Why is he here ?

...Masaka !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 09:54   Link #2974
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, isn't Masuda Shoji the guy who made Oreshika? Why is he here ?

...Masaka !
He's the man who got Mamare to become a professional novelist. So thank him for scouting Mamare for the world! >=3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-08-06, 11:17   Link #2975
DQueenie13

Quote:

Btw, personally I don't think volume nine will make it to the 2nd season. Season two is slated for Autumn, i.e. October. Even if Mamare somehow manages to squeeze volume nine out in August, I believe it'll still be too late to be included in an October show.
Not to be selfish, but can you give a brief summary on the Log Horizon stuff that was mentioned? Or just some highlights? I couldn't really understand it when I was looking through it >_<;;

I feel as though, even though I hate to admit it, this season will be one-cour. Volume 7's end is actually a pretty good place to end if they're just going to have one-cour, while Volume 8 is less so because it leaves Nyanta's side on a cliffhanger and introduces a lot of terminology that would be unknown to anime or light novel-only readers.

On the flip side, they might make it two-cour by featuring Kanami's side story between volume 6/7 and volume 8. If they plan on putting Kanami and -her group- in the Drama CD, they've probably already selected VAs for them, which has a whole range of implications. I just hope they don't troll us in the Drama CD and have Kanami talking the entire time.
Old 2014-08-06, 11:47   Link #2976
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Not to be selfish, but can you give a brief summary on the Log Horizon stuff that was mentioned? Or just some highlights? I couldn't really understand it when I was looking through it >_<;;

I feel as though, even though I hate to admit it, this season will be one-cour. Volume 7's end is actually a pretty good place to end if they're just going to have one-cour, while Volume 8 is less so because it leaves Nyanta's side on a cliffhanger and introduces a lot of terminology that would be unknown to anime or light novel-only readers.

On the flip side, they might make it two-cour by featuring Kanami's side story between volume 6/7 and volume 8. If they plan on putting Kanami and -her group- in the Drama CD, they've probably already selected VAs for them, which has a whole range of implications. I just hope they don't troll us in the Drama CD and have Kanami talking the entire time.
Well, I don't entirely understand what's said so I daren't make any comments of my own. Very often I find that speculations run faster than fact (especially troublesome when people stubbornly stick to their own interpretations even with the facts right in their faces) and I really rather not spread inaccurate information if I can help it. It's best to direct this link to someone with proficiency in Nihongo instead.

The part in the interview that talks about Season 2 is as follows:

Spoiler for Interview: Season Two:

Signature by liro
Old 2014-08-06, 13:03   Link #2977
DQueenie13

Quote:
Well, I don't entirely understand what's said so I daren't make any comments of my own. Very often I find that speculations run faster than fact (especially troublesome when people stubbornly stick to their own interpretations even with the facts right in their faces) and I really rather not spread inaccurate information if I can help it. It's best to direct this link to someone with proficiency in Nihongo instead.

The part in the interview that talks about Season 2 is as follows:

Spoiler for Interview: Season Two:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I read one line in the interview that either meant that they started working on the LH anime a year before it broadcasted, or that S2 was airing a year after the first season did. Two entirely different meanings.

A pity that aohige is no longer with us. Perhaps I could find Sphaela ... somewhere ...

[Edit]: MapGuy said that the discussion is just general information. It seems to confirm that S2 will air at the same schedule as S1. There are mentions of volumes 6 and 7, but none for 8; something else about "character absences" and that there will be some filler material to cover those absences. I'm betting it's either Minori's group (they aren't even mentioned in volume 6, not sure about the end of 7), or Kanami's group.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-08-06 at 15:56.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 00:06   Link #2978
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
For those that read the web form of volume 8. Do you think that would make a good end point for the second season of the anime? Assuming they will animate Kanami's adventures too (based on the comment above).

So second season will consist of volumes 7, 8, & 9 + Kanami side story & filler.
Not really, volume 8 felt largely a setup volume.
At this rate, I'm guessing the 2nd season will end with volume 9.
(unless 9 starts right away, and continues onto starting volume 10 before the end of the year. )

Animators are collaborating with Mamare on the details, so they have a decent amount of leverage with the pacing.
Old 2014-08-09, 19:25   Link #2979
DQueenie13

Someone on the Chinese boards uploaded the illustrations and other stuff from volume 7.

William's level was not changed to 95, it's still at 93. Not sure if it's supposed to be 95 or 93 (ask Mamare one day?). The mistake on the map, though, seems to have been corrected.
Old 2014-08-09, 22:58   Link #2980
mPervy
Professional NEET

Finally had a free time to read vol7. And I noticed something here, Where's Re=Gun when the raid happen? Isn't He supposed in 2nd Party with Shiroe and Demi2? Or is it the different between the web ver. and the book ver.? Also, somehow I can imagine William giving speech to his guildmates using Graham Akker voice and tone (both are charismatic leader wth the same VA).
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers