AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-10-02, 00:20   Link #1281
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
To finish off the Old Testament, even if they ignore the omitted parts of SS1 and skip most of SS2, they would still need a minimum of 36 episodes. Squeezing it all into 24 would be a travesty. If we're only getting 12 that's actually good too, they would hopefully stop at Vol 18.

My speculation / hope is that they are trying to bring the fanbase up to NT (after all, the anime's purpose is to help LN sales, what better way than to get everyone to the current series) and want to do a good job of it so that people want to jump into NT. This is supported by the sudden re-release of the BDs. Considering that the first NT novel is Hamazura and ITEM + Accelerator, they need to do a good job at making people care about Hamazura and ITEM so they have a positive experience with NT1. Therefore the best move is to make the 36 episodes, and not to skimp on details from 15 and 19.
That theory I can get behind. It seems more realistic. Not sure if they'd be thinking that far ahead though. Is an easier bet to just stick with something that's more guaranteed to be popular, lol.

At the same time though, I really want Aqua in this season, but I could live without it. After all, we all want to see battle royale.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 06:13   Link #1282
KiharaRonin

I think 24 Episodes to cover OT14-0T19; possibly with the omitted parts of SS1 and the important parts with SS2 (or maybe OVAs) and then do 12 Episodes for WWIII.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 13:06   Link #1283
Callum18
Fukou da

>when you put together all the trivia plot (?) that Kamachi lets slip now and then, they'll probably amount to 100 volumes

How would people feel if Index was really 100 volumes?

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 15:32   Link #1284
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post
>
How would people feel if Index was really 100 volumes?
Very very old
Old 2017-10-02, 15:35   Link #1285
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Let's take this step by step. First question is whether we're getting 24 episodes now or 12.
Dream bigger, lets get a 3-cour
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 15:56   Link #1286
vixyw

Quote:
To finish off the Old Testament, even if they ignore the omitted parts of SS1 and skip most of SS2, they would still need a minimum of 36 episodes. Squeezing it all into 24 would be a travesty. If we're only getting 12 that's actually good too, they would hopefully stop at Vol 18.

My speculation / hope is that they are trying to bring the fanbase up to NT (after all, the anime's purpose is to help LN sales, what better way than to get everyone to the current series) and want to do a good job of it so that people want to jump into NT. This is supported by the sudden re-release of the BDs. Considering that the first NT novel is Hamazura and ITEM + Accelerator, they need to do a good job at making people care about Hamazura and ITEM so they have a positive experience with NT1. Therefore the best move is to make the 36 episodes, and not to skimp on details from 15 and 19.
That would be ideal imho, but I won't count on it. I guess I've grown pessimistic over the years, and with a good reason...
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-02, 18:12   Link #1287
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Dream bigger, lets get a 3-cour
I WANT a 3-cour. But I'm not expecting one. This is the reasonable difference. I think we can get the extra cour later. Which is way more reasonable.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2017-10-03, 05:16   Link #1288
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
I WANT a 3-cour. But I'm not expecting one. This is the reasonable difference. I think we can get the extra cour later. Which is way more reasonable.
Might also get 2-cour + movie trilogy.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2017-10-03 at 05:27.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 05:20   Link #1289
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:

My ideal scenario would be if season three was like Durarara!!x2. Three sets of 12 episodes spaced out. That way we could have volumes 14-16, 17-19, and 20-22. Time will tell how this plays out. I really hope they don't try to sandwich 9 volumes into 24 episodes.
Old 2017-10-03, 06:01   Link #1290
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
My ideal scenario would be if season three was like Durarara!!x2. Three sets of 12 episodes spaced out. That way we could have volumes 14-16, 17-19, and 20-22. Time will tell how this plays out. I really hope they don't try to sandwich 9 volumes into 24 episodes.
They can definitely fit OT14-OT19 into 24 Episodes. They did fit 6 Volumes into Season 1. 8 Volumes could fill Index II but this time they wouldn't be able to fit WWIII in.
Old 2017-10-03, 09:14   Link #1291
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Might also get 2-cour + movie trilogy.
This is my ideal scenario. But if movies aren't an option, either an extra cour for OT20-22 or a split cour.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 09:15   Link #1292
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
This is my ideal scenario. But if movies aren't an option, either an extra cour for OT20-22 or a split cour.
I agree as well. For now I'm worrying about whether we'll get a 2 cour.

Old 2017-10-03, 09:19   Link #1293
KiharaRonin

How about;
OT14-OT16 - 12 Episodes
SS2's Gemstone Storyline - 2 Episodes
OT17-OT18 - 6 Episodes (two part Arcs are usually this length)
OT19 - 4 Episodes
OT20-OT22 - 12 episodes
Old 2017-10-03, 09:26   Link #1294
Callum18
Fukou da

https://www.facebook.com/ToAruMajuts.../?type=3&ifg=1

Kamachi will reveal plot (3 volumes of OT)

Fans are worried Index III will only cover OT14-OT16.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 09:41   Link #1295
KiharaRonin

Quote:

I hope not.

100 volumes would be awesome with more Index relevance.
Old 2017-10-03, 10:11   Link #1296
salamander750

Quote:

What plot, we already knew about OT, or do you mean NT.
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-03, 11:48   Link #1297
vixyw

Quote:

I don't get it. It is confirmed that it will only cover 3 volumes? Or will he reveal 3 of the volumes that are going to be covered?
Old 2017-10-03, 17:25   Link #1298
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This is exactly what I meant people lol. Stop having stupid expectations. It might happen, but it's not in our hands.

Old 2017-10-03, 17:28   Link #1299
KiharaRonin

Quote:
This is exactly what I meant people lol. Stop having stupid expectations. It might happen, but it's not in our hands.
What might? If you mean Index III, it will happen.
Old 2017-10-03, 18:06   Link #1300
Sacredus

I'm not really sure if 3rd season SO LATE would help NT sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
How about;
OT14-OT16 - 12 Episodes
SS2's Gemstone Storyline - 2 Episodes
OT17-OT18 - 6 Episodes (two part Arcs are usually this length)
OT19 - 4 Episodes
OT20-OT22 - 12 episodes
Plot twist: 20-22 will be movie.

Quote:

Thing is... creating 12ep series after so many years after LN ending seems reasonable and can be used to check if there's still interest in the series. I see this as 24ep + movie but you cant ignore that option.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote