AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-09-07, 08:39   Link #1
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Shuffle! Memories

Interesting tidbit from Anime News Service:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANS
9-6-06 (8:17PM EDT)---- Shuffle! Memories Announced

Also due to be announced in the October, 2006 Japanese edition of Newtype Magazine: Director Naoto Hosoda is going back into the studio turn out "SHUFFLE! MEMORIES", a Director's Cut version of the 2005 24 episode WOWOW TV series Shuffle!. The new series will re-edit the original, combining entirely new material, an added new story and new OP's and ED's. Broadcast is expected to be carried out by Chiva Television and others this winter. The story will focus in on the 5 girls (Sia, Nerine, Kaede, Asa and Primula).

Sounds interesting. I have no idea how reliable ANS is, but if this is true... please let there be more budget for episodes 23 & 24. ^^

-Andiyar

Last edited by andiyar; 2006-09-07 at 09:13.
andiyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 11:48   Link #2
Rin-Sama
Banned

And hopefully Rin will still end up with Asa.

So i was partally right about it.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 11:49   Link #3
Kisuke06
I see...

Hm... an added new story? Interesting.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 22:00   Link #4
Chiisa
Love target... LOCK ON!

That sounds rewarding. : D

I just noticed that it's coming out the same month as when Lovely Idol (another navel game turned anime) is being released :3

October's going to be good for me <3
Chiisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 22:39   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Shuffle+school Days
Old 2006-09-08, 00:32   Link #6
Lordi
Final Reality X

Send a message via MSN to Lordi
I want the Rin + Primula ending ;]
Lordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 02:19   Link #7
Ryosuke
has became a producer

I just hoping for the new story to have some Sia X Kaede and MORE AMA
Ryosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 02:54   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisa
I just noticed that it's coming out the same month as when Lovely Idol (another navel game turned anime) is being released :3

October's going to be good for me <3
Well, just to clarify, Shuffle! Memories seems to be headed for the Winter (which means January timeframe) and Lovely Idol is based on a game by Princess Soft, not Navel. So, October may still be a good month, but for slightly altered reasons.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 03:51   Link #9
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

good a new season... might be good for another ending so that this war between Kaede and Asa will be over.... I wish it's a storyline for Kaede....since asa got the first... and also wish for a better graphics and better storyline than the first since the first looked like it was quickly done... and maybe more shocking secrets of the girls there
Old 2006-09-08, 07:07   Link #10
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16
good a new season... might be good for another ending so that this war between Kaede and Asa will be over.... I wish it's a storyline for Kaede....since asa got the first... and also wish for a better graphics and better storyline than the first since the first looked like it was quickly done... and maybe more shocking secrets of the girls there

um... it's about the 1st season with new viewpoints and stories inbetween some of the episodes.
Old 2006-09-08, 08:18   Link #11
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
I'd guess that the additional storyline will be the Kareha arc from Shuffle! on the Stage. What else would they really add? I can't see them elaborating much on what they've already done, I just hope they fix some of the dialogue and the animation up, and maybe do some tweaking. If they can do that, Shuffle! Memories could be very enjoyable.

-Andiyar
Old 2006-09-08, 11:32   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

More Kareha would be interesting just because she's such a ditz with her fantasy channel. It'd be *nice* to see a Mayumi and Itsuki sidestory where they end up sort of admitting their affection to each other but god-forbid they admit it to anyone else. (kind of like Hawkeye and HotLips in a particular MASH episode).

If they fix the animation for the last episode, do some surgery on the arc transitions between Kaede's story and Asa's, and add a few scenes to restore Asa's continuity of character (worrying about Kaede as well as modify her reasons for not using magic) --- then it *could* be a story *I* wouldn't mind.
Old 2006-09-08, 11:41   Link #13
Rin-Sama
Banned

In your opinion Vexx. I liked the story just the way it was. (although i do agree that the animation in ythe 2nd half of the last episode needs to be redone.)
Old 2006-09-08, 12:14   Link #14
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well.. like I said ... one that *I* wouldn't mind

I think we all agree the last half of the last episode was outsourced to the animators of Clutch Cargo (google it and be horrified if you don't know that "classic").
Old 2006-09-08, 12:15   Link #15
Rin-Sama
Banned

I'll pass.....
Old 2006-09-08, 13:12   Link #16
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just seeing this as another chance to be able to watch such a great cast yet again.. here's hoping we get music done by the same people as the first (Minoru Maruo, Acchorike etc).

As for my opinion, the original series was pretty well but together, and that includes the ending... its just silly how many peoples opinions always end up being about which character they like more.
Old 2006-09-08, 13:28   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
More Kareha would be interesting just because she's such a ditz with her fantasy channel. It'd be *nice* to see a Mayumi and Itsuki sidestory where they end up sort of admitting their affection to each other but god-forbid they admit it to anyone else. (kind of like Hawkeye and HotLips in a particular MASH episode).

If they fix the animation for the last episode, do some surgery on the arc transitions between Kaede's story and Asa's, and add a few scenes to restore Asa's continuity of character (worrying about Kaede as well as modify her reasons for not using magic) --- then it *could* be a story *I* wouldn't mind.
I agree with vexx here. A better transition between Asa and Kaede's arc and the newer (better) animation for the last Ep would be welcome.

I (and Riker and rest of the MILF club) would love to see more Ama related background along with more Kareha and Mayumi.

A 2nd note:
How many polls will we be doing?

One at the middle of the series and another one at the end of the last ep?

Hope KiNa will be back by then. Wouldn't be much of a advertising fight wihtout him
Old 2006-09-08, 13:31   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I (and Riker and rest of the MILF club)
Ha, i remember when me and Riker made that club. :3

Quote:
How many polls will we be doing?
Just one poll at the end is needed.
Old 2006-09-08, 13:34   Link #19
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx

Personally I'd like them just to take the original, cut out the whole ending Kaede/Asa thing and replace it with an alternate story about Kareha.

But I know and accept that I'm in the minority.
Old 2006-09-08, 15:08   Link #20
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I (and Riker and rest of the MILF club) would love to see more Ama related background along with more Kareha and Mayumi.
Yea!
*crosses fingers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Ha, i remember when me and Riker made that club. :3
We could always bring the club back.
But then it's not like we actually did any activities. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote