AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite F/sn Character Poll (Multiple Choice allowed!)
Emiya Kiritsugu 52 5.36%
Emiya Shirou 190 19.59%
Saber 577 59.48%
Tohsaka Rin 477 49.18%
Archer 443 45.67%
Ilyasviel "Ilya" von Einzbern 229 23.61%
Berzerker 31 3.20%
Matou Sakura 121 12.47%
Matou Shinji 13 1.34%
Rider 197 20.31%
Kuzuki Souichirou 17 1.75%
Caster 85 8.76%
Assassin 112 11.55%
Kotomine Kirei 38 3.92%
Lancer 124 12.78%
Gilgamesh 165 17.01%
Fuji Nee (Fujimura Taiga) 65 6.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 970. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-16, 13:56   Link #421
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
No...its sure Archko, right? Flinch?
(Actually almost...because Archerko is like an overpowered grown-up Illya with Archers clothes and tracing)
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 22:35   Link #422
orangejuicetang

Archerko is awesome. There needs to be an Archerko option here. And an Emiyako option. btw, does anyone know if they are continuing the sword dancer's doujins?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 04:23   Link #423
frenze12

It's funny how a non-cannon character like archerko ever got so popular that people are questening if she actually really exist or not in the type-moon universe.
frenze12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 22:12   Link #424
orangejuicetang

Huh? Whose questioning it? We all, or at least I know that she's not canon. I'm just saying that she should be canon because she's that awesome. Although given the parallel universe system the nasuverse uses...

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-01, 04:34   Link #425
Luciany

I recently re-watched fate/stay night The Dvds were on sale so I decided to buy them..
Anyhows back to the topic.. My favourite would be Saber because I love her attacks and she is pretty She has quite a good personality too~ A very good character..
Luciany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 05:00   Link #426
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Playing the game for the first time at the moment and just finished the Fate route so my favourite character has to be Saber. It has been a while since a character has me so smitten.

I think it's her personality that attracts me to her with her calm demeanour and serious nature... I'd like to say she reminds me of myself at times in the way she speaks and her actions.

Very beautiful woman and I'm praying for a more... happy? end for her and Shirou in the other game routes.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 08:10   Link #427
gaffer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Playing the game for the first time at the moment and just finished the Fate route so my favourite character has to be Saber. It has been a while since a character has me so smitten.

I think it's her personality that attracts me to her with her calm demeanour and serious nature... I'd like to say she reminds me of myself at times in the way she speaks and her actions.

Very beautiful woman and I'm praying for a more... happy? end for her and Shirou in the other game routes.
There's a Realta Nua patch out there for an extended True Ending to Saber's story if you want a happy ending, need to finish all the other arcs and endings first though! Brings a smile to my face even now
Old 2009-11-05, 08:46   Link #428
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Yeah...sad that Nasu stated it more of as a fanservice.
Totally contradicts Nasuverse's of working of souls.
Old 2009-11-05, 11:20   Link #429
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
My computer crashed while formatting it... I feel worse than when I read Heaven's Feel... and that's saying something. Sorry, willy, I hated the idea of compromising your ideals at any level... and I don't really like Sakura, either.
Old 2009-11-05, 11:27   Link #430
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Lol...we're long over that debate...It's alright to not like it. Afterall I don't like the inconsistencies in UBW...everything was forced there.
But we shouldn't discuss it there...It isn't about the game afterall. Keep the OT material at minimum.
Old 2009-11-05, 13:30   Link #431
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Yeah...sad that Nasu stated it more of as a fanservice.
Totally contradicts Nasuverse's of working of souls.
Believe it or not, I have a hard time believing that. It has way too much depth and emotion to be just that. Heck, I'd argue that it's the most powerful scene in the entire game.

Last edited by Nevflinn; 2009-11-05 at 14:33. Reason: Rewording.
Nevflinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 14:43   Link #432
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Then you missed pretty much everything from UBW and HF...
Perhaps it can be only a matter of preference.

But anyways in Nasuverse the way of afterlife is akin to reincarnation, though Heroic Spirits have it even worse, being the playthings of Ayala.
I doubt anyone...even Zeltelch, even Aoko even Arcueid or even Gilgamesh has a way to drag out someone from the Throne of Heroes, where Arthuria's soul staying. Not to mention they have to reincarnate her somewhere or putting her into another place which is out of space and time(which is even more imposible than dragging her out of the Throne). So sorry, but there's no way for them to reunite, except if Shirou summons her as a Heroic Spirit or a Servant again.
And anyways...why the hell would Saber long for that? Her life is fullfiled, she lived her life. Even if she came to love him, in the end she chose her kingship and duty. And Shirou accepted that.
So in short romantic and nice, but totally impossible and even probably OOC of both of them.
Old 2009-11-06, 11:48   Link #433
kakakka

Shirou and Saber meeting in RN is....definitely impossible. Merlin (is that the guy? lol) says that miracles + time needs to happen to make them meet again. But then again they meet, so they're feelings are really something. A fan service, I guess, but still moving, atleast for the fans of this pairing.

Quote:
And anyways...why the hell would Saber long for that?
This reminds me of that Fate epiloque. When she wish to continue her 'dream'. But then again, it's up to different interpretation I guess.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 23:55   Link #434
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
What we dream and what reality is often differs too much. If we could dream that sweet dream forever, we would never wake.
Old 2009-11-07, 02:17   Link #435
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
But anyways in Nasuverse the way of afterlife is akin to reincarnation, though Heroic Spirits have it even worse, being the playthings of Ayala.
Technically, it's considered more of a reward than a punishment. At least becoming a heroic spirit is seems to be considered a reward. It's the counter guardians like Archer who are the playthings of Alaya.

Onto the Saber RN ending. From what I gather, it seems to be something along the lines of Shirou meeting Saber in Avalon in the future or something. The thing here is, in Fate, the entire thing about Saber was teaching her to accept her fate, to let go, to stop wanting to change the past. When Saber is dying in the epilogue, she should be at peace because she has finally come to terms with her life and accepted it. It would ruin quite a bit of her character development if at the last second she goes, "nah, I'm still not satisfied yet. I think I'll use Avalon and wait hundreds of years on the off chance that Shirou will somehow make it to me."

On the other hand, you might make an arguement that Saber waiting for Shirou in Avalon is more looking towards the future which can be added to accepting the past, but all in all that's kinda a weak arguement.

And besides, if you really want to be technical about it, even if she dies, depending on how the Throne of Heroes actually works, she could technically be with Shirou by going and chilling with Archer if that's possible.

Old 2009-11-07, 03:57   Link #436
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Actually the Throne probably works as a large cold storage of heroes. Their original soul is stored there probably in a suspended state while the Throne uses it to make copies of them to the "frontlines". So even if it's a honor it's like such honors in the ancient times like the honor of becoming the next sacrafice for the ritual. It's just that the something might be wrong with Archer's "program" or else(like his duty as CG largely conflicts with the reason behind his ideal) that he's so bitter about it.
But back to the previous thing, I sdűűdoubt Saber can meet with Shirou ever again. Archer isn't him...especially personality-wise. Not to mention when the Heroic Spirits are summoned they're usually very busy doing their work and also they're under the somehow direct control of Ayala. I doubt they have time for things like chattering...

So it's sweet and romantical, but somehow OOC for both of them, contradicts the rules of the Nasuverse and in short impossible by any means.
Old 2009-11-07, 04:02   Link #437
orangejuicetang

Well, from what little we know about the throne of Heroes, it appears that the original heroes are at least aware while their in there. Since they can go and read about the exploits their copies do.

Also, Heroic Spirits are never summoned. Only copies are summoned. And on top of that, Alaya apparently doesn't have domain over 'true' Heroic spirits or basically people that became heroic spirits on their own, and only has control/can summon counter guardians, which are people who have made a contract with the world.

Oh, and about Saber meeting Shirou by finding Archer in the Throne of Heroes. That was a play/pun/joke about how Archer is 'technically' Shirou.

Old 2009-11-07, 04:14   Link #438
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's been stated that the Throne of Heroes is outside space and time. The Heroic Spirits stored inside it have already experienced the journeys they took as summoned Heroic Spirits at the instant they transfered there. So for them every summon is like a memory of the past...or more like a page in a book, because they can't exactly recall it, but only bits of knownledge.
Old 2009-11-07, 04:23   Link #439
orangejuicetang

I thought it was described as something similar but kinda different to that. Wasn't there something that described each summoning as a record which is sent to the original in the form of a book or something, and each book that exists and ever will exist is already there at the same time?

Old 2009-11-07, 04:31   Link #440
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

We don't know for sure, but in short the Servants are already have the knownledge and experience gained in the Grail War before their summoning. That's for sure and that's why Servants don't remember their previous summons, becaus actually they know about them, but everything seems like a long past memory with cloudy details. In short probably Archer remains the same despite he was redeemed in the end of UBW.