AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-12, 14:38   Link #101
wistfulloner

He does sleep on the floor, for your information. And horsewhip him? Yeah right, I don't know about your tolerance level, but don't tell me you wouldn't at least get angry when someone even thinks of seriously horsewhipping you, let alone actually doing it? It'd probably make Ryuji furious like hell.

She could be far worse, but that would make the series unwatchable like ZnT, and anyway, she's still pretty badass now.

It's not that I don't like her abusive ways; that's the way she is, and I like her character that way, with no sugar coats or saying that she's some gentle kitten.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:43   Link #102
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...What?

...I was intentionally comparing her to Louise. Louise makes Saito sleep on the floor. And horsewhips him.

Taiga does none of these things. I don't ever remember her forcing Ryuuji to sleep on the floor.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:51   Link #103
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Louise starts making him sleep in bed since volume 3, in anime it never gets mentioned.

Horse whips? In the beginning? Yep. Later? She holds his hand more than whips him as long as he is not screwing himself over.

Of course this is novel Louise. Anime Louise is a stupid parody to an extreme.

Taiga annoyes me not only because how she acts but because it always look to me like her character is moe feature collection, as she has the majority of 'moe' features and I think it is overboard. If she would have glasses and cat-ears and wearing maid-uniform the collection would be complete.
Old 2009-01-13, 08:08   Link #104
tehman

I don't mean to sound rude, but can we stay on topic?
Old 2009-01-13, 08:13   Link #105
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

If you don't mean to sound rude, then don't.
But, more to the point, contribute something to the discussion, then...

Old 2009-01-13, 12:46   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I believe we are staying on topic... the topic itself is fairly wide-open: spoilers and speculation. Part of that is analyzing the story, the characters, their archetypes, and how they interact.
Old 2009-01-13, 13:08   Link #107
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehman View Post
I don't mean to sound rude, but can we stay on topic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
If you don't mean to sound rude, then don't.
But, more to the point, contribute something to the discussion, then...
And your comment doesn't contibute anything to the topic either except it is rude and might be considered flame-bait derailing the topice further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I believe we are staying on topic... the topic itself is fairly wide-open: spoilers and speculation. Part of that is analyzing the story, the characters, their archetypes, and how they interact.
I wouldn't consider the recent posts as being anything to do with specualtion, they have been comments on Taiga so would be better suited in the Toradora! - Character Discussion - Aisaka Taiga.

Due to this they have been moved to the mentioned thread. By all means discuss Taiga and her moe attributes but please continue in the appropriate thread

Please do not reply to the above three posts but instead only post in this thread if you wish to continue the discussion on Toradora speculation.
Old 2009-01-14, 15:21   Link #108
Deathscyther

Hmm, looks like they're planning to cover all the novels in this season. I wonder if they'll stray from the novels at some point. I mean, they're changing some scenes and are moving at top speed. The novels haven't ended yet, so the probability for an anime original ending is there.

I wouldn't mind too much, since I read the novels myself as well, but I hope that they won't change anything too drastic (like the pairings or character development).
Old 2009-01-25, 00:42   Link #109
amandasbored

I joined this forum just to post on this thread after many, many months of browsing through the forum at large. Let me just state first off that everyone here seems very well read and intelligent. It sparked my interest that everyone has such extreme views as to the nature of Taiga's relationship with Ryuuji. I have read all of the available LN in my area of the world, and to date I am up to 9, I disagree with many here when I say that I actually thought the two had an underlying sexual tension throughout. I felt they brushed it aside to focus on the common goal they had set for themselves. Often throughout the story I thought that they were on the verge of "crossing the line" between friends but uncon. pulling back because of various reasons. While it was not a hugely dramatic sort of tension like other stories that I have read I def. thought it was there. But that could have been wishfull thinking on my part. Still, I thought I should point out that both of our char. drummed the futility of a relationship other than wary friends into eachother just by the grace of what the goal was itself... to attach themselves into a relationship with these two other people at all costs.

Anyway I am making my husband type this right now because of one broken hand a two broken fingers on the other and he is tired and I am wincing at all the grammatical and spelling errors he won't fix. Thanks!
Old 2009-01-25, 02:23   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Welcome to the thread ... the both of you.

I also sense a lot more sexual tension between Taiga and Ryuuji during the first half of the series ... they've been incredibly subtle though... just little moments of blush or "just about to have an epiphany"

If you haven't watched it, I also recommend "Love*Com" (or Lovely*Complex) as an anime series (and as a manga, being published in English). It involves two very mismatched people who initially team up to get each other a mate, but then it swerves quite differently than Toradora!.
Old 2009-02-09, 06:15   Link #111
wistfulloner

I'm not very sure I'm comfortable with where the story is going, after I've finished with Volume 7 of the novels. Minori is a gone-case, Taiga has a crushing revelation, Ami just gave up on everything, and Ryuji goes out of love and down with an illness.

Taiga's revelation was particularly heart-wrenching to read. She just seems so destined to be... alone. Assuming Ep19 will conclude the Christmas arc, it remains to be seen how the final 6 episodes can give a happily-ever-after. Anyone has an opinion as to how the series will conclude?
Old 2009-02-09, 11:57   Link #112
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
I'm not very sure I'm comfortable with where the story is going, after I've finished with Volume 7 of the novels. Minori is a gone-case, Taiga has a crushing revelation, Ami just gave up on everything, and Ryuji goes out of love and down with an illness.

Taiga's revelation was particularly heart-wrenching to read. She just seems so destined to be... alone. Assuming Ep19 will conclude the Christmas arc, it remains to be seen how the final 6 episodes can give a happily-ever-after. Anyone has an opinion as to how the series will conclude?
Maybe Ryuji's upcoming "awakening" from his fever dreams is part of a larger picture as well
Old 2009-02-09, 12:10   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Anyone has an opinion as to how the series will conclude?
I dare say they will all become true friends and keep it that way, but since that would be a letdown to many fans, it's probably going to end with Ryuuji and Taiga getting together, Minorin setting out to find "love", which she still doesn't know, and Ami...is hard to predict, I'd guess she would get out of the picture and back to the model world, really can't think of anything better.Oh, and Akiha will eventually get the better side of Kitamura and support him with the student council thing.
Old 2009-02-09, 13:01   Link #114
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Anyone has an opinion as to how the series will conclude?
I think a happy ending is more than managable:

- Ryuuji finally found true friends (Kitamura, Taiga, Ami), sorted out his feelings (Taiga) and people who accepted him for who he is (the rest of his class) and will probably solve most of his 'family issues' in the last novel;
- Taiga finally found true friends (Ryuuji, Kitamura, Minorin, Ami), a true family (Ryuuji, Yasuko, Inko) and someone who watches over her, and will be with her no matter what happens (Ryuuji). So she never has to feel alone anymore;
- Minorin suffered some emotional events and couldn't get together with the person she wanted, but managed to make two people close to her happy by doing that. She is also very busy with her future and I'm sure everything will be fine. She'll probably make up with Ami in the last novel as well;
- Ami found people who accepted her for who she really is (the person behind the mask);
- Kitamura managed to sort out his feelings and made some great friends as well. He has a whole harem of girls waiting for him, so I'm sure he'll be fine =p

It kind of depends how Ryuuji's family problems will play out and what everyone decides to do after this. Both Ryuuji's and Taiga's families haven't been very 'stable' so I think they'll want to do a better job than their parents in starting and maintaining a relationship/family.