AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 11 26.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-28, 03:20   Link #21
Blaat

To expand a bit on my last post: the reason why I'm suspecting the writers intend Ohana and Tohru pairing to happen is not because of their interaction, so far, but more because of that moment in episode two, in which Ohana says that she should date the first guy she sees and Tohru ends up being the first guy she sees. Certainly it was played for laughs, but something tells me that's the writers making a joke about something that will happen.

Having said that I don't ship Ohana/Tohru (I prefer Ohana/Kou so far) and my intention wasn't to turn this into a shipping debate.
Old 2011-04-28, 16:10   Link #22
james0246

I have to say, I love me some Grey Heron. Hope to see this animal in many of the other episodes...

That being said, I wasn't a big fan of the first 2 episodes (pacing was a little off, the direction was weird, and I disliked the character interactions as well as the OP/ED) and was going to drop the series until I heard the ruckus over the 3rd episode. Deciding to just complete what is available, I breezed through the 3rd episode (finding it fun, if very stupid) and decided to base my final opinion of the series on the 4th episode. And boy was I surprised. All of a sudden what were once annoying characters became far more likable and much more fun to watch (especially the interactions between Ohana and Minko; and Nako all of a sudden actually gained some personality). Additionally, the inclusion of an actual town greatly helped a series that was quickly becoming too insular (I can only hope that the school and the town will be featured far more in upcoming episodes).

Whatever the case, I hope future episodes are as well done as this one.
Old 2011-04-28, 19:36   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
To expand a bit on my last post: the reason why I'm suspecting the writers intend Ohana and Tohru pairing to happen is not because of their interaction, so far, but more because of that moment in episode two, in which Ohana says that she should date the first guy she sees and Tohru ends up being the first guy she sees. Certainly it was played for laughs, but something tells me that's the writers making a joke about something that will happen.

Having said that I don't ship Ohana/Tohru (I prefer Ohana/Kou so far) and my intention wasn't to turn this into a shipping debate.
I don't see the problem with debating it if there is some reasoning behind the shipping rather than "SHE IZ TEH HOTNESS AND HE DA BISHIE!!"(though you DIDN'T offer an explanation initially ).

I can't say I really see Tohru/Ohana (the order makes a difference?) happening, and if it DOES happen, will mostly be some unrequited love from Tohru's side. Kou is just too far ahead for him to catch up right now. They've shown Ohana reflecting on her previous experiences with Kou. Initially, she didn't see anything special about his actions, but, post-confession, ep 4's past event with the bag and even receiving a simple text at the end of ep 3 shows her feelings and realization regarding how much he really cared for her. It'd take a hell of a lot for Tohru to be someone THAT special to Ohana, and as far as he's shown, he's failing in that regard.

Of course, this is assuming Tohru won't become a 'one-hit wonder' and cause Ohana to fall for him in an instant. Given what's been presented so far, I don't see that happening. Then again, with 20 eps left, just about ANYTHING can happen, like:
Tohru moving in on Ohana, Yuina/Minko become subtly jealous of Ohana and move in on Kou whenever Kou comes to town("insert season" break). Yeah, I should be a writer .

Seriously though, even in the reasoning Tohru would suddenly confess to the "dense" Ohana, and she were to have the same/similar reaction as she did with Kou, Tohru's certainly not making any pleasant memories for her to adore him by.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:06   Link #24
revive4563

Maybe most people, including me, prefer Ko-chan/Ohana because it's cute and familiar
but I anticipate Tohru/Ohana because basically this story portrays Ohana's growth process.
If she choose former safer boyfriend, it's boring certainly.
Old 2011-04-29, 15:20   Link #25
Seihai
スマイリウム

Unless Kou leaves Ohana's mind or she gets to know that he has another girl, unless Tohru will be really stubborn for Ohana and unless Minko gave up on him I don't think Ohana/Tohru will happen. Ohana still thinks about Kou (one way or another), she admitted herself that she isn't fond of him (which was definitely not just a tsundere reaction) and she is fully aware that Minko likes him. Tohru would have to trigger godlike flags to turn over Ohana.
Old 2011-04-30, 00:28   Link #26
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I don't know where did OhanaXTohru come from

I guess what I liked the most about this episode is that its the first to take place outside of the inn, and expanded the setting of the story while adding more meat to the relationships of the characters (Nako giving Minko her nickname was a very cute moment) Also nice touch on how the members of the inn seem to like to write their thoughts down (might evolve into an important plot point latter on). Curiously Ohana's mother also seems to be a writer of sorts as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I have to say, I love me some Grey Heron. Hope to see this animal in many of the other episodes...
Since it shows up in the opening and that Yuina might become a recurring character, I'm guessing we'll be seeing a lot of our Grey friend.
Old 2011-04-30, 03:07   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I don't know where did OhanaXTohru come from
Spoiler for Ep 2 How to Rebel:

Here's the thing. Ohana really hates the guy. But as wise Keima Katsuragi said one can turn hate into love.

Seeing Minko and Yuina head over heels over this guy would make Ohana wonder what the heck do they see in him.

Hence the pursuit would be from Tohru if he does like Ohana.

This creates a relationship chart that likens Tohru to an MC of a harem.

Yuina and Minko already conquered with Ohana as the new conquest.
Old 2011-04-30, 03:08   Link #28
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i don't like tohru. not a bit. =/
Old 2011-04-30, 08:43   Link #29
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Here's the thing. Ohana really hates the guy. But as wise Keima Katsuragi said one can turn hate into love.

Seeing Minko and Yuina head over heels over this guy would make Ohana wonder what the heck do they see in him.

Hence the pursuit would be from Tohru if he does like Ohana.

This creates a relationship chart that likens Tohru to an MC of a harem.

Yuina and Minko already conquered with Ohana as the new conquest.
They're wise words, but if you apply the same sentence to Ohana's situation, then you need to consider all the contextual aspects. Keima had nothing in his way.

Ayumi doesn't have other male friends, Tohru has several female friends and we don't even know yet what's between him and Yuina.

Keima cheered Ayumi on which provoked and dampened her tsundere reactions since it was something that subconsciously made Ayumi happy. In Ohana's case, she was actually annoyed by Tohru without second thoughts and I doubt there is anything tsundere about her and especially the time she really told him to die.

Furthermore, Keima didn't have another girl in mind unlike Ohana who still thinks about Kou. Plus Ohana knows as a fact that Minko likes Tohru. That's not something to ignore. Now of course you can apply the whole turn-hate-to-love thing to Tohru's point of view but then I'd still say he would need godlike flags to turn over Ohana, and he ain't some Katsuragi Keima.
Old 2011-04-30, 08:49   Link #30
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If Tohru only went with Yuina to buy a gift for Minko (for whatever occasions, birthday, cooking tools, etc), then i will lose 40% of my interests in this anime. I will rather having him secretly like Ohana for the sake of originality

Btw, it thought this series' genre is slice-of-life rather than romance.... I was so wrong

I don't think that Ohana and Ko relationship will ever progress through. Read chapter 1 manga and he was not mentioned even one bit. And guy (or girl) who is introduced during flashback would have almost 0 chance to win by my book
Old 2011-04-30, 09:43   Link #31
Seihai
スマイリウム

You overrate originality, nor do I think what you yourself suggest is actually original itself...

There's quite a few definitions of slice of life (drama) and I think romantic aspects can certainly be part of it.

If it's about Ko and Ohana, I thnk there's still a possibility depending on how things play out. I mean, he is part of the OP, she thinks about him and we still have about 20 more episodes to come. Since I ship Ohana/Ko my hopes are up there.
Old 2011-04-30, 12:10   Link #32
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If Tohru only went with Yuina to buy a gift for Minko (for whatever occasions, birthday, cooking tools, etc), then i will lose 40% of my interests in this anime.
Wait...I think that the girls society is important to Ohana more than romantic love for now.
Old 2011-04-30, 14:22   Link #33
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
You overrate originality, nor do I think what you yourself suggest is actually original itself...

There's quite a few definitions of slice of life (drama) and I think romantic aspects can certainly be part of it.

If it's about Ko and Ohana, I thnk there's still a possibility depending on how things play out. I mean, he is part of the OP, she thinks about him and we still have about 20 more episodes to come. Since I ship Ohana/Ko my hopes are up there.
Well at least the last time i saw such plot was from... Candy Boy. So it's pretty original for me. I guess it's probably more popular in shoujo genre through as all the guys will fall for the lead girl. Anyway, talking about genre... genre are mixed of courses. But i hardly can see Hanasaku Iroha as a slice-of-life with what it offered so far.

And shipping if you must. But beware of naval battles, i will bring up my fleets and guard this thread if it ever get to start
It's a joke. Our mod won't let it happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Wait...I think that the girls society is important to Ohana more than romantic love for now.
Agree. So I don't want to see anything related to Tohru x Minko atm.
Old 2011-04-30, 14:24   Link #34
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know sometimes hate can just be hate...
Closed Thread