AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-04, 00:04   Link #1
devildog23
Summerlurking

I'm back to watching anime and need some recommendations!

Hi guys, I took a year long break from anime because of college, but now I have free time and am looking for good anime series to watch. There are two particular types of anime I'd like to request recommendations for.

1) Suggestions for 2011

Since I took such a long break, I haven't really been keeping track of the anime for this year.

I would just like to ask for must watch series for this year, ongoing or finished, doesn't matter.

Some that have already caught my eye

Ao no Exorcist
Infinite Stratos
AnoHana

2) For number 2, I'm looking for any anime/manga in which the story is told magnificently (in your opinion), an anime/manga where the plot is paced well and blends the characters into it perfectly. I do not want something that sometimes the plot doesn't make sense or anime that has episodes where it feels it doesn't belong.

Many different types of anime/manga fit into this so suggest ones that you feel told the best story , but wasn't rushed or too boring.

Also I only want finished products.
Old 2011-06-04, 00:15   Link #2
Elegance

oooo i got one for you i hope!

Highschool of the dead- its where 5 students and 1 nurse must go through zombies and stay safe. Totally my favorite.

Sekirei- Harem, Romance, Action superpower tournament thing. A guy runs into many people called "Sekirei" and they are there to protect him and there in a life and death tournament against other sekireis.

Darker than black- Mystery, superpower. Its a guy named Hei and hes a contractor (a person thats not human but has power). Hes the strongest one and blah blah. Just watch it, its so worth it.

I really dont know if its 2011. The picture just look new to me :P
Old 2011-06-04, 00:21   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

For 2011 must see, I can only say two are a must so far[to me]:
Puella Magi Madoka Magika [Finished]
Steins;Gate [Airing]

Though Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai 2 is close[if you liked the first season it's a must watch for sure].

And to comment Ano Hana has been pretty good so far[especially better as it goes].

I'll edit non-2011 stuff[or post again later >.>].
MAL
Old 2011-06-04, 00:24   Link #4
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well for 2011 I guess I'll be the one that makes the mandatory Puella Magi Madoka Magica recommandation

I'll add Steins;gate too.

edit:got beat by konakaga on both lol

For request number two I'll go with Cross Game especialy if you like Ano Hana.
Old 2011-06-04, 01:55   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

AnoHana definitely for 2011. For 2010 I second Cross Game, and I'd add House of Five Leaves.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:28   Link #6
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yes indeed, you must watch more Cross Game. Also, please check out Tatami Galaxy.
Old 2011-06-04, 05:43   Link #7
Helius

For new anime this season, I agree that AnoHana is definitely a must-watch. I would also recommend Hanasaku Iroha. Quite a charming show itself and the production value is superb.

Since you've been following Ao no Exorcist, might I also suggest Deadman Wonderland.
Old 2011-06-04, 10:12   Link #8
kitten320

Yeh AnoHana and Madoka Magica would be good choices of this year.

About second type I guess these shows would work well:
Aoi Bungaku - is a collection of mini stories which have an idea and plot behind them. Depends on a story but over all I think you will be able to find something that suits your taste.

Baccano - first episode does seem a bit off but over all it is a well planned story about train robbery. Whatever might not make sence at first, will be cleared out later

Clannad - great characters and touching story

Death Note - everything seemed to flow well together

FMA - both seasons are quiet good

Great Teacher Onizuka - interesting plot and characters

Monster - series migt be a bit too stretched out but over all things seemed to flow quiet well together and characters seemed very believable with variety of personalities

Phantom: Requiem for the phantom - one of my faves with interesting story and characters about whom your opinion will keep changing

Shiki - another good story, a bit too many characters who didn't have any major role but they still played their part in an over all story well. The main cast is quiet well developed.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - did not finish series yet myself but I'm on episode 10 and so far story is interesting with well fited characters

Hopefully you'll like some of the shows.
Old 2011-06-04, 10:23   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Madoka Magica

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-06-04, 13:41   Link #10
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

For the second type I'll second Death Note and Clannad and few others that I think would fit:
Bakemonogatari

Katanagatari

Spice and Wolf

Seirei no Moribito
MAL
Closed Thread