AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-13, 12:13   Link #8721
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

He said everyone related to Index.
Old 2011-03-13, 12:14   Link #8722
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

It's says the whole staff which I'm assuming is everyone. JC staff said themselves the only problem they had was a wrecked artroom
Old 2011-03-13, 12:21   Link #8723
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
He said everyone related to Index.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
It's says the whole staff which I'm assuming is everyone. JC staff said themselves the only problem they had was a wrecked artroom
Okay, that's better. The reports I'd heard only referred to the staff of JC Staff.
Old 2011-03-13, 13:13   Link #8724
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
That was false, the drawing room is fine.

Also, a full raw of NT is out on the net now. Of course, I can't post it due to AS policy.
Old 2011-03-13, 13:44   Link #8725
Sandinwater

Quote:

Also, a full raw of NT is out on the net now. Of course, I can't post it due to AS policy.
Could you PM me the site by any chance???
Old 2011-03-13, 14:09   Link #8726
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Can't do that either. And yes, mods can check PMs.

SS2 Chapter 21

So we'll probably have SS2 finished today, which means the whole novel was translated in two weeks. God speed, Js06.
Old 2011-03-13, 14:27   Link #8727
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
^ Can't do that either. And yes, mods can check PMs.

SS2 Chapter 21

So we'll probably have SS2 finished today, which means the whole novel was translated in two weeks. God speed, Js06.
...Js06 is God. Period.
Old 2011-03-13, 14:30   Link #8728
tsunade666

Js06 is indeed a god. Godspeed translation.

btw I will probably post a bit of summary for NT after I come back from what I call hell which is the final examination. Index just really match it up for my finals... how sweet the timing can be.
Old 2011-03-13, 14:32   Link #8729
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
btw I will probably post a bit of summary for NT after I come back from what I call hell which is the final examination. Index just really match it up for my finals... how sweet the timing can be.
Until now I only know that SKILLOUT is mentionned.
Old 2011-03-13, 15:35   Link #8730
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

I really want to see Ollerus vs. Touma or Ollerus vs. Accelerator.
Old 2011-03-13, 18:06   Link #8731
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I want to hear Touma preach to Ollerus. He was acting kinda like a jerk
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-13, 19:36   Link #8732
gadomb182

The illustrations are up for NT on B-T. I finally get all the shiage rider comments and he is quite awesome
Old 2011-03-13, 20:27   Link #8733
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

About Ollerus being a jerk, I don't really think he is.

I mean, I do get that beating on the Sisters was pretty shameless, but he still needed to get Sogiita, and for a good reason.

The 50~ kids were probably going to be safest in Academy City, but like it's been mentioned, there is noway of guaranteeing that they wont be treated in a way similar to how Accelerator was. He needed to get across the message that ''mess with these kids, and I'm going to use my particular set of skills on you''. Not only to the scientists but, more importantly, to Aleister.

And honestly? I thought that in the end, Sogiita ended up benefiting from the experience. He needed to have a taste of what he put others through so he would be humbled a bit and not grow to conceited (because contrary what he might yell ''guts'' isn't everything )

I'm not really that sold on a Touma/Accel fight with Ollerus. It strikes me as being something to come out from a very contrived situation just to have him fight one of the two.

As for this volume, IMO it's similar to the Norse/Kanzaki SS. In that the really interesting bits are few and far in between the beginning and mid-sections of the story, but the most exciting situation happens at the end of the volume.
Old 2011-03-13, 20:53   Link #8734
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I'm not really that sold on a Touma/Accel fight with Ollerus. It strikes me as being something to come out from a very contrived situation just to have him fight one of the two.

There's no reason for Touma to fight Ollerus, a man who has given up ultimate power just to save a kitten? You'll be hard press to find a reason to fight him especially Touma, but at the same time it also means that Ollerus would never be a main protagonist

BUT, it would be interesting to have Ollerus do a quick exchange with Aleister in one of those 'risk my life to buy more time' scenarios. Both of them uses mysterious unexplain powers.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:11   Link #8735
AlaAlba

Quote:

ah at last! I cant wait any longer... and also with zero tsukaima vol 20, today is my lucky day.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:20   Link #8736
leukrota

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I found a small inconsistency when reading SS2. September had 5 Fridays, meaning it started either on Thursday or Friday, so the 3rd Friday had to be either 15 or 16, yet Kuroko was admitted to the hospital the 15 early morning due to the injuries from the remnant arc. So she couldn't have told Uiharu off for trashing the info.

Now, don't think I was intentionally searching for inconsistencies, I simply was trying to put the timeline to figure out what was Mikoto looking for. And since it's just as the Remnant ended she probably was trying to confirm that everything was over... it would be a funny twist if the level 6 project was terminated for good due to Uiharu actions in her attempt to stop the hacker.
Old 2011-03-13, 22:25   Link #8737
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Honestly Ollerus is in a similar situation than Aleister was before. The entire magic side is after him apparently. He knows too much, much like Aleister did, and considering his interest in Aeons and his Volume 22 cameo at the end, he will appear in later New Testament volumes as either the big revelator-in-chief or somebody that is in between Touma and Aleister. Perhaps someone than can defeat both. For him to be willing to pick a fight with Aleister over the gemstones, he has to know some wicked tricks.

“There is no major difference between us,” muttered Ollerus as he relaxed. “One of us is aware that we wield an unexplainable power and the other isn’t. That is the only real difference between us. You are the delicate yet complex #7 that not even the Academy City researchers could do anything about. In fact, you’re a special esper that they aren’t even sure should really be classified as a Level 5. If you understood that yourself, you may have been able to defeat me.”

Is it me, or is Ollerus kind of talking about having an epiphany, altering your 'personal reality' and Awakening? For the guy who should have been a Majin to say Gunha could have defeated him if he understood his 'personal reality' better, that's... surprisingly modest
Old 2011-03-13, 22:29   Link #8738
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Honestly Ollerus is in a similar situation than Aleister was before. The entire magic side is after him apparently. He knows too much, much like Aleister did, and considering his interest in Aeons and his Volume 22 cameo at the end, he will appear in later New Testament volumes as either the big revelator-in-chief or somebody that is in between Touma and Aleister. Perhaps someone than can defeat both. For him to be willing to pick a fight with Aleister over the gemstones, he has to know some wicked tricks.

“There is no major difference between us,” muttered Ollerus as he relaxed. “One of us is aware that we wield an unexplainable power and the other isn’t. That is the only real difference between us. You are the delicate yet complex #7 that not even the Academy City researchers could do anything about. In fact, you’re a special esper that they aren’t even sure should really be classified as a Level 5. If you understood that yourself, you may have been able to defeat me.”

Is it me, or is Ollerus kind of talking about having an epiphany, altering your 'personal reality' and Awakening? For the guy who should have been a Majin to say Gunha could have defeated him if he understood his 'personal reality' better, that's... surprisingly modest

just like aleister said to Fiamma. Though ollerus and crowley are not the same the way u say it. Crowley was dubbed the most evil magician, ollerus is just strong.
Old 2011-03-14, 01:04   Link #8739
Flere821
Lurker

ALRIGHT people, Chapter one of New Testament is done in Chinese

Here's a summary:

Spoiler for NT Ch1:

Last edited by Flere821; 2011-03-14 at 01:10. Reason: typos
Old 2011-03-14, 01:18   Link #8740
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

General summary of what happened in New Testament:

Spoiler: