AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-03-29, 06:39   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 900 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Chapter 900.... my goodness, we've come a long way, haven't we? Anyway, credit goes to AP's Redon and YonkouProductions for the info:

-Chapter title is "Bad End Musical". Splash is a color page.

-Chiffon has a brief recollection of baking the cake with Sanji. He has a grin on his face imagining how happy Big Mom will be when she finally eats it. Back in the present, the Yonkou finally feasts on the cake. She has an expression of supreme bliss on her face, saying the cake is so delicious that she can die then and there! Perospero's group, who are watching the scene nearby, are convinced that either the cake contained no poison at all, or if there was, it was ineffective. He orders the others to report that Pudding was the one to quell BM's wrath with the cake. As the news spreads and people all over Totland celebrate, we see a lone Pudding, who denies taking credit for the cake....

-Back at Cacao Island, the Sun Pirates open a path for the Sunny to sail through. As they're making their exit, Aladdin tells Luffy to look after Jinbei. However, Oven, who's still filled with hatred towards Luffy for defeating Katakuri, is not done for yet. Using a technique called "Nekkai Jigoku" (or "hot ocean hell/sauna"), Oven literally makes the entire ocean an oven! This technique takes out the ENTIRE Sun Pirate crew.....!!!

-And the carnage doesn't end there.... as Mont d'Or receives a report that Big Mom herself is on her way to Cacao Island on her own ship! As she nearly reaches the place, Linlin is happily singing about the cake as she begins destroying everything in her way! She remembers the last time she was this happy.... during that birthday party during her childhood, which was when she last saw Mother Caramel. Meanwhile, it seems that most of Germa has been defeated or injured. We see Judge facing against two opponents whose appearances are obscured in shadow (however, one of them seems to be the former commander Snack).

-As Big Mom continues singing her song, her ship's cannons open fire on the Sunny, apparently DESTROYING IT!!!! As Linlin continues going on about how tasty the cake was, the only wreckage we see left in the flames is the ship's jolly roger....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 07:15   Link #2
kari-no-sugata II

Thanks for the summary. Congrats to Oda for the big 900!

Interesting result. Obviously a fake-out of some kind... but how?
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 11:12   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Thanks for the summary. Congrats to Oda for the big 900!

Interesting result. Obviously a fake-out of some kind... but how?
Pudding manipulating everybody's memories to make them believe the straw hats were killed? We don't know the full extent of her powers.
Old 2018-03-29, 12:07   Link #4
Tuor

I also think that this is something Pudding is doing. Based on her last act towards Sanji, it will probably cause them to remain apart for good afterwards. It might even lead to her death. Hope not, though.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 12:33   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I was thinking that the moment she destroy everything because of happiness will trigger again. I'm sure that she will be brought back to where she slaughter the orphans unnoticedly by her.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 15:41   Link #6
marvelB

Maybe it's just me, but I actually like that even after eating the cake, Linlin still wasn't willing to spare the Straw-Hats. I think it's fitting of a Yonkou like her to not forgive transgressions against her so easily. I mean, her enemies crashed her tea party, ruined her plans to steal Germa's technology, defeated several of her strongest offspring, and even managed to steal a copy of her Poneglyph. No matter how tasty the cake may be, she knows she must still save face as one of the emperors of the New World, and destroy all who oppose her, no exceptions. Yes, this will most likely turn out to be some sort of fake-out (be it through Pudding, observation haki, etc.), but I still appreciate Linlin's actions, nonetheless.

BTW, I believe I also brought up the possibility of Linlin realizing the truth of what happened to her foster family a while back. Now that the cake brought her back to that familiar state of mind, I wonder if this will trigger said realization of that fateful day.....?
Old 2018-03-29, 17:29   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I actually like that even after eating the cake, Linlin still wasn't willing to spare the Straw-Hats. I think it's fitting of a Yonkou like her to not forgive transgressions against her so easily. I mean, her enemies crashed her tea party, ruined her plans to steal Germa's technology, defeated several of her strongest offspring, and even managed to steal a copy of her Poneglyph. No matter how tasty the cake may be, she knows she must still save face as one of the emperors of the New World, and destroy all who oppose her, no exceptions. Yes, this will most likely turn out to be some sort of fake-out (be it through Pudding, observation haki, etc.), but I still appreciate Linlin's actions, nonetheless.
Nobody ever thought she would forgive them just because she managed to eat her cake. It's not like she knows Sanji made it, and even she knew, she would still want to kill them for messing her cake up in the first place.

Their only hope was for the cake to be so good it makes Big Mom faint as Sanji himself claimed it would, but it apparently just made her more dangerous. Apparently.
Old 2018-03-29, 17:42   Link #8
Tuor

^ Yeah... I think we're going to have to wait until the True End version of events, because I doubt things really went down the way they did in the Bad End. It'll be interesting to see what differs and what remains the same between the two(?) endings.
Old 2018-03-30, 01:09   Link #9
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Its not over till the fat lady sings...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Of course there's no way that the Sunny's actually gone as everyone else would be dead with it. So how did they get out of this?

Also, Pudding's still on Cacao so its time to say goodbye to her until later. A bit salty about this but I can live.

Also, also; No Sanji moment yet. Fingers still crossed as the "eating the cake moment" wasn't shown as a major Sanji victory yet.

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-03-30 at 01:29.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 02:25   Link #10
gensouR-1

I think the page where the pet cemetery appears in her mouth indicates she already finished the cake before that point and Linlin is currently in a blissful trance eating the island's citizens and homies and the parts where everything is going wrong for the Straw Hats,Germa and Sun Pirates is just her delusion and in the true version of events they already escaped which is why the chapter is named Bad End Musical.

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 03:42   Link #11
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Its not over till the fat lady sings...
Do I need to point out the size of the singing lady at the end of this chapter?
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 04:08   Link #12
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Well, Sunny is most likely suffer heavy damage when escaping from Big Mom's fleet. this is the first time Sunny will receive such damage ever since Merry also suffer heavy damage at Alabasta where Captain (Now Rear Admiral) Hina is pinning Going Merry down.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 04:51   Link #13
Ultragunner

That's it folks, One Piece has been cancelled, half of the cast are now dead.

I wondered what happened? Did Oda have a fallout with Shounen Jump like Kubo (seemingly) did or something? Ohhh the outrage!!!!

#sarcasm

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2018-03-30 at 05:13.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 08:15   Link #14
SilverGlavenus

Calling it now, Big Mom's children are gonna get eaten. Oh my god the horror !!!
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 09:05   Link #15
grecefar

Well the gyojin are still there, sunny would have been damage but maybe the gyojin submerged the ship in the last moment or something.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 09:19   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nobody ever thought she would forgive them just because she managed to eat her cake. It's not like she knows Sanji made it, and even she knew, she would still want to kill them for messing her cake up in the first place.
Well, my point is that it's not just about the cake, but the overall chaos Luffy and co. caused in her territory. She can't exactly ignore all that and just let them off with a slap on the wrist, could she? Heck, this very chapter she sung about killing anyone who tried to leave her turf (something she nearly demonstrated to Jinbei when he tried to leave her earlier this arc), so it makes sense that she would personally hunt down the group of troublemakers who humiliated her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well the gyojin are still there, sunny would have been damage but maybe the gyojin submerged the ship in the last moment or something.
But would they be able to survive in Oven's piping-hot oceanic hell?
Old 2018-03-30, 09:46   Link #17
charasu
DigiDestinied

hot bubling sea + Fourth Clima-Tact = big size fatamorgana on the sea :v
Old 2018-03-30, 09:57   Link #18
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

wait... is big mom on that ship? i thought she was still on the island eating the cake?

for some reason i do agree with the assumption that all of this "happiness" is in her head and she's actually eating everything around her...

and why does it keep focusing on the part where the song goes, "ever so risky"?
Old 2018-03-30, 10:39   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

There is actually lots of way to describe this chapter
Either Strawhat really got destroyed, Pudding manipulated everyone's memories, or Big Mom went on a rampage like in the past

but one thing for sure is that Strawhat is screwed
I've seen this pattern before.. Jinbei might be died
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 10:43   Link #20
Tuor

The idea that this is something going on inside Linlin's head never occurred to me. Good call.