Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 05:22   Link #6341
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
true that he threw himself in the way to protect her, but I believe Santen Kusshen would of been shattered. If Yammi, a Rank 10 Espada can poke Santen Kusshen and shatter it...Orihime and Nell would of been swiss cheese if those elbow bullet things made contact (unless Orihime knew the shield wouldn't hold up and got the hell outta Dodge)
Probably. The point was just to prove Ichigo was there for her safety. Heck we all know Hime has pace, she could have dodged but let Ichigo be a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
Elaborate...and use spell check.
Quite simple really. Ichigo was walking towards Rukia and Ulquiorra wasn't stopping him. If he was in a hurry to get to Rukia, why didn't he ignore Ulquiorra and keep walking? Ichigo says "I'm in a hurry but this guy won't let me pass", Ulquiorra was letting Ichigo wander where he wanted. Just not behind him. So what does that imply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
You think Grimmjow would have let him pass? What do you think Grimmjow is exactly?
Because they wouldn't LET HIM PASS.
Yes and Kenpachi said "why didn't you take the girl and run instead of fighting" He needed somebody to remind him. It was fun to read.
Or maybe he didn't really have time?
Okay, you expect Ichigo to leave Nel?
Sigh, I don't know what you're talking about. Just read this and you'll understand how everything you say related Ichigo and Orihime is probably false. Nocturne says it best. <redundant comment removed.>

Quote:
I recall when Ichigo told Grimm that he was going to fight Grimm, Ulquiorra, and Aizen, detractors were talking about how Ichigo's main reason for going to HM was to fight them because he wanted to avenge them for Rukia. Really? Grimm I can understand since Grimm did punch a hole through Rukia's stomach. However, the moment Ichigo and Grimm began to fight, Ichigo pretty much said, "I'm not fighting to crush you". Really Ichigo? I thought you were out to avenge Rukia?

Spoiler for manga:

I recall that certain people were excited that Grimm said "I tore your nakama" 'cause that means Grimm was reminding Ichigo what he did to Rukia...wait so Ichigo forgot that he had to be reminded that Grimm hurt Rukia? I thought his main reason for going to HM was to avenge Rukia by fighting Grimm. Why didn't that inspire Ichigo to go all out at Grimm first?

What's interesting is that Grimm was still not satisfied with Ichigo's fighting (even though he reminded Ichigo of Rukia). So Grimm continued to taunt Ichigo more and this time he used Orihime. The funny thing is, people use Grimm's words of "why didn't you just take her the minute you saw her" as their reason for Ichigo not really being there to save Orihime because he didn't run. Yet they ignore Ichigo's reaction to Grimm's taunting about something going on inside Orihime. Ichigo's reaction was definitely more intense than that of chapter 279 when Grimm implied he hurt Rukia.

Spoiler for manga:

When Grimm didn't get the reaction he wanted from Ichigo using Rukia, he tried a different tactic. He used Orihime's name. Look at Ichigo's face when he said "What did you do to Inoue?"

Spoiler for manga:

Grimm liked what he saw from Ichigo's reaction over Inoue. Grimm said, "That's a good face, Kurosaki". Then Grimm tells Ichigo that since he is a shinigami and he's a hollow and that's all the reason he needs to fight. That's Grimm totally not understanding what drives Ichigo.

Spoiler for manga:

Grimm is basically saying that Ichigo's main reason for coming to HM is because shinigamis and hollows live to fight each other so since Ichigo is a shinigami, he lives to fight hollows like Grimm. However, Grimm didn't take into account Ichigo's character and that innate to Ichigo is his need to protect people. That's why Ichigo didn't respond to Grimm's taunt that he fight Grimm just because he's a hollow. He didn't give Grimm what he wanted which was to fight Grimm with full force. What made Ichigo go all out against Grimm was this:

Spoiler for manga:

Grimm's response, "so you finally came out, huh?" It took Grimm going at Ichigo's protective instinct for Orihime to get the beast out of Ichigo. Grimm telling Ichigo about tearing Rukia didn't do it, Grimm telling Ichigo that shinigamis and hollows live to fight didn't do it. However Grimm aims his cero at Orihime's direction and Ichigo goes Vizard to protect Orihime.

'Course people still say that Ichigo said himself that he's there to fight Grimm, Ulquiorra, and Aizen here:

Spoiler for manga:

But again, they forget that Ichigo said he needs to defeat Grimm, Ulquiorra and Aizen so that he can take Rukia, Chad, Ishida, Renji and Orihime (twice shown) with him. i.e Ichigo can't take any of his friends back unless he defeats Grimm, Ulquiorra, and Aizen. Ichigo had no other reason to fight except to take his friends back with him. It goes back to Ichigo's reason for fighting. To protect. He doesn't fight Grimm because Grimm said he was a shinigami and must fight hollows. He fights to protect. That was the only way they can come back is if all parties (Grimm, Ulquiorra and Aizen) were defeated. If they weren't defeated, all his friends would still be in jeopardy. My question is...if Rukia, Chad, Ishida, Renji and Orihime were never at HM, would Ichigo have gone to HM just to fight Grimm, Ulquiorra and Aizen? No. He wouldn't have gone because there was no one at HM to protect. It wasn't until Orihime was taken that Ichigo wanted to go to HM to fight to protect her.

Finally, one has to remember that the one friend that Ichigo really had to protect from Grimm, Ulquiorra and Aizen wasn't Rukia, it wasn't Chad, nor Ishida, nor Renji. It was Orihime. Ichigo fought Grimm while protecting Orihime. Ichigo is going to fight Ulquiorra and if his fight with him is anything like his fight with Grimm's, he's going to be protecting Orihime. Lastly, though Ichigo isn't going to fight Aizen yet, the fact that Aizen is still interested in Orihime's powers (and body), means that Ichigo will eventually fight Aizen for Orihime.

Last edited by monir; 2008-07-23 at 09:57. Reason: Photobucket manga links...
Old 2008-07-23, 07:20   Link #6342
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Doesn't she steal Yuzu's clothes, and isn't Yuzu the more girlie one as opposed to the actual tomboy Karin? I mean, Karin basically dresses like Ichigo. So it'd be safe to assume those dresses are "girlie", like the outfit she wore in Memories in the Rain, with the strawhat. That wasn't really nurse-like.
I don't remember where, but somewhere in the manga it says that she likes wearing one-piece dresses.
Old 2008-07-23, 11:09   Link #6343
Nervous Venus

If we look at the designs on her yukata in Soul Society, we obviously can tell she dresses like a girl/woman by nature.

I mean, she also likes rabbit and chappy goods. That's very girly to me.
Old 2008-07-23, 11:19   Link #6344
Notaron

Quote:
Again Ichigo was walking out the door when Ulquiorra brought up Orihime haveing have made no agressive moves what so ever. At that point Ichigo droped Nell like a sack of potatoes and crossed the room to atack him. Yes, Ulquiorra was goading him into a fight but he was in no way blocking Ichigo from going to Rukia and it was Ulquiorra useing Orihime's name that pissed off Ichigo.

As for being in a hurry Ichigo never states why he is so and given he has always made a statement about time when he uses his mask up to that point it may just be a refrence to his very limited masked time at that point.
/facepalm

It's OBVIOUS why Ichigo was in a hurry. The fear and disbelief in his eyes when he felt Rukia's reiatsu drop and then Ulquiorra trying to convince Ichigo she was dead. He had no reason to rush to Inoue. She wasn't even brought up until Ichigo told Ulquiorra that he hadn't hurt any of his nakama. Don't you think that kind of strange? He had no idea what was happening to Inoue yet he didn't even blink an eye concerning her until he found out Ulquiorra had hurt one of his nakama.

He doesn't state why he's in a hurry? It's easy to guess why. There is nothing when Inoue is mentioned that would give him a reason to hurry. The only person he would be hurrying to is Rukia, noone else. Ulquiorra was goading Ichigo into a fight the entire time.
Old 2008-07-23, 13:22   Link #6345
Ichigo&Rukia

1º - Ichigo X Rukia
2º - Ulquiorra X Inoue
3º - Renji X Rukia
4º -Urahara X Yoruichi
5º - Gin X Rangiku
6º - Renji X Hinamori
7º - Hitsugaya X Rangiku
8º - Hitsugaya X Hinamori
9º - Ishida x Inoue
10º - Ichigo X Tatsuki

11° - Ichigo X Senna
12°- Aizen X Hinamori
13° - Hisagi X Hinamori
14° - Byby X Yourichi
15° - Shinji X Hiyori
16° - Ichigo X Yourichi
17° - Jinta X Ururu
18° - Gin X Hinamori
19° Kenpachi X Yachiru
20° Nanao x Kyouraku
21° Aizen x Inoue
22° Shirosaki x Rukia
23° Ichigo x Nel
24° Rukia x Kon
25° Grimm x Inoue
26° Kon x Yuzu
27° Kaien x 都
28° Byby x 緋真
28° Hisagi x Matsumoto
30° Kon x Chappy
31° Shirosaki x Inoue
32° Isshin x Masaki
33° Rukia x Kaien
34° Byby x Yachiru
35° Hinamori x Kira
36° Tatsuki x 啓吾
37° Sado x Karin :P
37° Ishida x Nemu
38° Ishida x Rukia
39° Hisagi x 蟹沢
39° Hisagi x Rukia
40° Byby x Rukia
41° Risa x 拳西
42° Inoue x ワンダーワイス
44° Kon x Karin
45° Ichigo x Karin
46° Kon x Ririn
46° Ikakku x Nemu
48° Kotsubaki x Kiyone
48° Ikakku x みず穂
50° Ichigo x Orihime
51° Omoeda x Soinfon
51° AAroniero x Rukia
51° Ganjuu x Rukia
54° Ishida x Yoshino
55° Jinta x Yuzu
56° Ikakku x Yachiru
57° Ishida x チルッチ
57° Ichigo x リサ
59° Nemu x 阿近
60° Kenpachi x 卯の花
61° Komamura x Yachiru
62° Mayuri x Nemu
62° Jinta x Karin
64° Ichigo x Ririn
64° Ichigo x チャッピー
66° Inoue x 椿鬼
67° Ukitoke x 卯の花
67° Rukia x グリムジョー
67° Byby x チャッピー
70° Matsumoto x 啓吾

This is the poll. I will respond to Kakashi later. =) And the poll does exist and online or not, it exists so those who intend to question it, just check some sites. The poll is everywhere. (and a Japanese one).
Old 2008-07-23, 13:38   Link #6346
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaron
He doesn't state why he's in a hurry? It's easy to guess why. There is nothing when Inoue is mentioned that would give him a reason to hurry. The only person he would be hurrying to is Rukia, noone else. Ulquiorra was goading Ichigo into a fight the entire time.
According to some people, Ichigo turning around full swing to go and save Rukia first means nothing. It never occured to some of these people that Ichigo may have been pissed off to find out that Ulqui was the cause of all their current problems (Orihime coming to HM, her friends thinking she betrayed them, having to drag Rukia, Renji, Chad, and Ishi with him to go save Orihime and realizing that Chad and the others could be hurt and most importantly, Rukia could be dying). But of course, all that doesn't matter to some people, because according to them, Ichigo only cares about Orihime's "pride" and none of the other reasons could have possibly crossed his mind. Kubo just decided to throw all those things in for nothing.

Of course, Ichigo proves these people wrong when the first thing he does after the fight with Grimmy is to pick up Orihime, and nope, not because of he was itching to hold her in his arms, but because he thought it would get them all down more quickly in order to go save Chad and Rukia.
Old 2008-07-23, 13:45   Link #6347
Notaron

For the record, I agree Ichigo attacked Ulquiorra because of Inoue. He hurt (mentally) one of his nakama, and Ichigo was pissed off about it. He's already felt two of his closest friends fall, and when he found out that Ulquiorra was responsible for carrying out the kidnapping that started the whole ordeal, he snapped. It wasn't because Ichigo lurves Inoue. He wanted to finish the fight with Ulquiorra quickly so he could HURRY to Rukia. There was nothing in his words/dialogue that would lead someone to believe for a second that he wanted to hurry to Inoue. Rukia (and Chad) were the ones in immediate danger, not Inoue, and he wanted to finish so he could go to them.

What I found telling though was the fact that although Ichigo had been lectured by Rukia before the group split about worrying about saving Inoue and not worrying over her, he still put his mission on hold to go to her. That is something he has NEVER done before.
Old 2008-07-23, 15:26   Link #6348
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
It never occured to some of these people that Ichigo may have been pissed off to find out that Ulqui was the cause of all their current problems (Orihime coming to HM, her friends thinking she betrayed them, having to drag Rukia, Renji, Chad, and Ishi with him to go save Orihime and realizing that Chad and the others could be hurt and most importantly, Rukia could be dying). But of course, all that doesn't matter to some people, because according to them, Ichigo only cares about Orihime's "pride" and none of the other reasons could have possibly crossed his mind. Kubo just decided to throw all those things in for nothing.
I think I have to second that (what Notaron said). He wasn't attacking just for Orihime's pride. Of course, I don't agree when people say that Ichigo was forced to attack Ulq and that the only reason he does it is to hurry up and save Rukia. If Ichigo was that desperate, he should've at least attempted to shunpo through the open door right in front of him.

Yes, Ulq probably wasn't going to let him pass, and yes, Ichigo felt that once he attacked Ulq he had no choice but to finish the fight. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Ulq dangled bait in front of Ichigo's nose and "hooked" him into a fight. And the bait that worked was the mention that he kidnapped Orihime, not the story that Rukia was dead

It doesn't prove Ichigo cares about Orihime more than Rukia. I'd bet if Ulq mentioned he personally was the one who injured Rukia or Chad, Ichigo would've reacted the same way. All it shows is that what Ulq did is something Ichigo was not willing to let slide. His anger got the best of him and the next thing he knew he was in a battle.

Edit: No, I haven't traitor on turned Orihime, just I happen to agree w/ this opinion on the issue. Of course, I don't really think it proves Ichigo cares about Rukia more either. She was afterall, badly hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaron
What I found telling though was the fact that although Ichigo had been lectured by Rukia before the group split about worrying about saving Inoue and not worrying over her, he still put his mission on hold to go to her. That is something he has NEVER done before.
Well even if that were correct, since he's only been on one major rescue mission before HM it wouldn't be all that surprising.

But, he planned to put the mission in SS on hold to save Chad. Yourichi had to reassure him that Chad and the others were safe before he continued.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2008-07-23 at 15:43.
Old 2008-07-23, 15:52   Link #6349
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Yes, Ulq probably wasn't going to let him pass, and yes, Ichigo felt that once he attacked Ulq he had no choice but to finish the fight. Still, that doesn't change the fact that Ulq dangled bait in front of Ichigo's nose and "hooked" him into a fight. And the bait that worked was the mention that he kidnapped Orihime, not the story that Rukia was dead
Ulquiorra tried to bait Ichigo two ways. The first was with the casual mention that Rukia was dead and then insisting this was true even after Ichigo denied it. Ichigo's immediate reaction was to leave and "save Rukia" - not the reaction Ulquiorra wanted.

Ulquiorra was there looking for a fight (otherwise why show up at all?). After realizing that Ichigo wasn't reacting the way he wanted him to, he intentionally baited him again with mention that he was the one who brought Orihime to HM. It was at this point that Ichigo realized he was being baited for a fight, hence why he explained to Nell that Ulquiorra wouldn't let him pass so he had to fight him.

Once Ulquiorra arrived he had no intention of letting Ichigo leave without a fight. The way he operates, he likes mental fuckery, so he tried baiting Ichigo different ways until he finally snapped and attacked him.

I don't think the fact that Ichigo attack Ulquiorra when he did is any positive indication of romantic feelings for Orihime. Had Ulquiorra left him, Ichigo would've left right then to "save Rukia" and resumed his search for Orihime once he knew she was OK.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:23   Link #6350
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
(Orihime coming to HM, her friends thinking she betrayed them, having to drag Rukia, Renji, Chad, and Ishi with him to go save Orihime
quick time out here

They came of their own will, Ichigo didn't plan on waiting on them.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:25   Link #6351
Nervous Venus

I know. I didn't word it correctly: and by this, I don't mean he dragged them literally, my friend. My point is that they came, and he was vocal about them splitting up. Good indicator that their safety was a factor on his mind. Ichigo always takes it upon himself to feel responsible for it, which is why in 317 (?) he says he'll bring them all back.
Old 2008-07-23, 17:08   Link #6352
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

much better
Old 2008-07-23, 17:09   Link #6353
Nervous Venus

Anything to make you happy, dear
Old 2008-07-23, 21:27   Link #6354
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Ulquiorra tried to bait Ichigo two ways. The first was with the casual mention that Rukia was dead and then insisting this was true even after Ichigo denied it. Ichigo's immediate reaction was to leave and "save Rukia" - not the reaction Ulquiorra wanted.

Ulquiorra was there looking for a fight (otherwise why show up at all?). After realizing that Ichigo wasn't reacting the way he wanted him to, he intentionally baited him again with mention that he was the one who brought Orihime to HM. It was at this point that Ichigo realized he was being baited for a fight, hence why he explained to Nell that Ulquiorra wouldn't let him pass so he had to fight him.

Once Ulquiorra arrived he had no intention of letting Ichigo leave without a fight. The way he operates, he likes mental fuckery, so he tried baiting Ichigo different ways until he finally snapped and attacked him.

I don't think the fact that Ichigo attack Ulquiorra when he did is any positive indication of romantic feelings for Orihime. Had Ulquiorra left him, Ichigo would've left right then to "save Rukia" and resumed his search for Orihime once he knew she was OK.
Not to mention that Ichigo actually doubted Orihime's allegiance. (same chapter you're talking about)
Old 2008-07-23, 21:34   Link #6355
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

That was Ulquiorra's assumption, though it could also be read as Uli just confirming what Ichigo believed.
Old 2008-07-24, 16:23   Link #6356
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

It sounds like lchigo likes rukia more, and that Ulquiorra is messing with him making him furous right?

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-24, 17:22   Link #6357
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Uli is like a anime version of a forum troll, he'll mess w/ you till he gets the response he wants
Old 2008-07-24, 17:28   Link #6358
jordan-spice

I've been keeping up with this 'debate' for a while and none of you have convinced me either way using the battle between Ichigo and Ulquiorra. I mean, Ichigo didn't exactly have any other option whether he was romantically partial either way.
For the people supporting Ichigo and Rukia: even if he does love Rukia, I'm sure he didn't just fight Ulquiorra because he had to. Despite what you may think, I'm sure he wants Orihime to be safe. He was also fighting for her.
For the people supporting Ichigo and Orihime: even if he does love Orihime, I'm sure he was trying to hurry through the battle to get to Rukia. I'm sure his fear of Rukia dieing would overpower his want to fight Ulquiorra in order to save Orihime. It would be the same if Rukia and Orihime switched situations.
I understand why everyone is currently using this situation to further their support for their favourite pairing, but i feel that it is an invalid point for either pairing.
Yeah...hope my reply wasn't too pointless.
Old 2008-07-24, 17:50   Link #6359
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan-spice View Post
I've been keeping up with this 'debate' for a while and none of you have convinced me either way using the battle between Ichigo and Ulquiorra. I mean, Ichigo didn't exactly have any other option whether he was romantically partial either way.
For the people supporting Ichigo and Rukia: even if he does love Rukia, I'm sure he didn't just fight Ulquiorra because he had to. Despite what you may think, I'm sure he wants Orihime to be safe. He was also fighting for her.
For the people supporting Ichigo and Orihime: even if he does love Orihime, I'm sure he was trying to hurry through the battle to get to Rukia. I'm sure his fear of Rukia dieing would overpower his want to fight Ulquiorra in order to save Orihime. It would be the same if Rukia and Orihime switched situations.
I understand why everyone is currently using this situation to further their support for their favourite pairing, but i feel that it is an invalid point for either pairing.

Thats what it seems like, both of them have a heart in Ichigo some way

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-24, 22:19   Link #6360
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan-spice View Post
No, it wasn't pointless at all. Nice reponses like this are like a whiff of fresh air. I'm going to agree with you here.
Closed Thread