Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 21:56   Link #301
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Hayashi, scratch out ALOT and replace with PLENTY. And it doesn't matter if she says something else afterwards. Chances are, whatever she says afterward will still be Ichigo-centric, and chances are, we still have to hear the "Kurosaki-kun" part of it.
Even Kubo seems to have ironically made fun of her in chapter 297, when Tesla is beating Ichigo. Nnoi had to put his fingers in her mouth to silent her, yet she still mentally screamed "Kurosaki-kun" 5 times!
Spoiler for raw proof:

Strangely enough, some scanlators erased them
Old 2008-07-23, 22:03   Link #302
Lady Tsukiyomi
Chasing the clouds...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Tsukiyomi Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Tsukiyomi
Omg....lol! XD
Old 2008-07-23, 22:19   Link #303
Nervous Venus

Eurys, while I don't really agree that Kubo did that on purpose, I had to lol anyway. Damn you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Define plenty, I'm patient, just look it up whenever you are able to.
By plenty, I mean everytime the panel cuts to her. I apologize. I only have up to v34 in hand right now so no ch. 306 and up, so this is the count that I did for the recent chapters up until that point.

Whenever the panel cuts to her talking, these are the times she says his name "alone". This is excluding the 30 other time she says his name, while speaking about him, and the chapters that have "none" in them are usually focused on the battles without Orihime in it. So I lied. It was more than once or twice :/

279. x 1

280. x 1

281. none

282. Kurosaki-kun x 2

283. x 1

284.x1

285. none

286. x2

287. x1

289. x 1

290 x 1

291. nel to the rescue.

292. x 2

293. none

294. x 1

297. x 5

298 x 1

the rest of this volume focuses on rukia/byakuya up until ch. 305.

I'm sure in the English they will have replaced "Kurosaki-kun" with "he" sometimes, so maybe it would actually be less grating to read it in English? I don't know.

Last edited by Nervous Venus; 2008-07-23 at 22:31.
Old 2008-07-24, 03:54   Link #304
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Quote:
Hayashi, scratch out ALOT and replace with PLENTY. And it doesn't matter if she says something else afterwards. Chances are, whatever she says afterward will still be Ichigo-centric, and chances are, we still have to hear the "Kurosaki-kun" part of it.
even her speech in chap317 was very Ichigo-centric. I can't wait to see the later chapters. I really, really, really want her to grow out of her 300+ chapter long Ichigo-centeredness.
Old 2008-07-24, 04:26   Link #305
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Eurys, while I don't really agree that Kubo did that on purpose, I had to lol anyway. Damn you.

By plenty, I mean everytime the panel cuts to her. I apologize. I only have up to v34 in hand right now so no ch. 306 and up, so this is the count that I did for the recent chapters up until that point.

Whenever the panel cuts to her talking, these are the times she says his name "alone". This is excluding the 30 other time she says his name, while speaking about him, and the chapters that have "none" in them are usually focused on the battles without Orihime in it. So I lied. It was more than once or twice :/

279. x 1

280. x 1

281. none

282. Kurosaki-kun x 2

283. x 1

284.x1

285. none

286. x2

287. x1

289. x 1

290 x 1

291. nel to the rescue.

292. x 2

293. none

294. x 1

297. x 5 LIES!!!! She had fingers in her mouth the entire time. And the majority of the chapter was dealing with everyone else.

298 x 1

the rest of this volume focuses on rukia/byakuya up until ch. 305.

I'm sure in the English they will have replaced "Kurosaki-kun" with "he" sometimes, so maybe it would actually be less grating to read it in English? I don't know.
And lol, that you started with the Grimmjow fight. Where the spectator is expected to say his name. Since in situation where the hero is duress and theres an theres a spectator, lets see the "memories in the rain arc", Where Rukia is involved.

Ch. 17 x1
Ch. 18 x2
Ch. 19 and 20; Dealing with past and family.
Ch. 21 x 2
Ch. 22 x 1
Ch. 23 x 2
Ch. 24 x 4 ( would be more if I add up the times she used his name in a sentence )
Ch. 25 x 2

Now, if you ask me, Rukia says his "Ichigo..." a lot more than Inoue's "Kurosaki-kun", so which is more annoying? the fact that its Inoue saying his name and not Rukia? I wonder sometimes.
Old 2008-07-24, 04:32   Link #306
GeostigmataShi

Quote:
297. x 5 LIES!!!! She had fingers in her mouth the entire time. And the majority of the chapter was dealing with everyone else.
she said it in her mind...
Quote:
Now, if you ask me, Rukia says his "Ichigo..." a lot more than Inoue's "Kurosaki-kun", so which is more annoying? the fact that its Inoue saying his name and not Rukia? I wonder sometimes.
the way she said it just so annoying, they know each other for a long time by now,
can't she call him ichigo!?
Old 2008-07-24, 10:39   Link #307
Nervous Venus

Quote:
And lol, that you started with the Grimmjow fight.
Lol, at you, dear. You asked me for recent chapters ( 2 - 3 years, I did you a favor by cutting it down to 16 chapters). It's also fair to access the chapters that actually involve Orihime. It also doesn't matter if they are under duress or not. It's still annoying.

Quote:
Since in situation where the hero is duress and theres an theres a spectator, lets see the "memories in the rain arc", Where Rukia is involved.

Ch. 17 x1
Ch. 18 x2
Ch. 19 and 20; Dealing with past and family.
Ch. 21 x 2
Ch. 22 x 1
Ch. 23 x 2
Ch. 24 x 4 ( would be more if I add up the times she used his name in a sentence )
Ch. 25 x 2
Where's the rest of it? I hand you 14 consecutive chapters (there is more, but we will wait until v35). You give me a measely 7 chapters. If you would like me to add up the times Orihime used his name in a sentence also, I would do that. But you've already embarassed yourself more than you should.

I'm sure if even Orihime's sneezes are lovely to you, we couldn't convince you otherwise. But this thread isn't about you and your love for Orihime. The thread is addressing reasons why people hate her. I don't hate her, and certainly not because I like Rukia also. I just find one part quite annoying, is all. So I'd advise you to pick your battles elsewhere.
Old 2008-07-24, 11:05   Link #308
Marskatta
Kurosaki... I am...
*Graphic Designer

She doesnt come in every often, she becomes more and more an ''sub''-character, what i would like to say is she seems to be no more a main character.
But i feel really sorry for her, when she was trying to kiss Kurosaki but couldnt, so she cried and said something like: ''I am really patethic, right?''
I feel really sorry for her, at the same time i despise her.
When she gets to know that Kurosaki and the others came to rescue her, she asked herself: ''Why?''
I said to myself while watching this: ''You f*cking dumbass, you know why. RETARD!''
Another touching moment was when Grimmjow was about to give the finisher to Kurosaki, but in the right moment, she screamed to him and he was like... KABAAM!
Old 2008-07-24, 12:02   Link #309
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Lol, at you, dear. You asked me for recent chapters ( 2 - 3 years, I did you a favor by cutting it down to 16 chapters). It's also fair to access the chapters that actually involve Orihime. It also doesn't matter if they are under duress or not. It's still annoying.

Where's the rest of it? I hand you 14 consecutive chapters (there is more, but we will wait until v35). You give me a measely 7 chapters. If you would like me to add up the times Orihime used his name in a sentence also, I would do that. But you've already embarassed yourself more than you should.

I'm sure if even Orihime's sneezes are lovely to you, we couldn't convince you otherwise. But this thread isn't about you and your love for Orihime. The thread is addressing reasons why people hate her. I don't hate her, and certainly not because I like Rukia also. I just find one part quite annoying, is all. So I'd advise you to pick your battles elsewhere.
Thats all of it, memories of the rain started from ch. 17 and ended in 25. And in my "measly" number of chapters presented, it doubled your 14 chapters.

Its pretty obvious that the only reason why you hate the fact that she's saying "kurosaki-kun" is because its coming out of Inoue and not Rukia. Just admit to it and lets move on.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:04   Link #310
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Thats all of it, memories of the rain started from ch. 17 and ended in 25. And in my "measly" number of chapters presented, it doubled your 14 chapters.

Its pretty obvious that the only reason why you hate the fact that she's saying "kurosaki-kun" is because its coming out of Inoue and not Rukia. Just admit to it and lets move on.
What's more annoying: "Kurosaki-kun" in a high-pitched voice (not to mention every time she speaks) or "Ichigo" once in a while (in a voice much more friendly to the ears)?
Old 2008-07-24, 12:05   Link #311
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think "Ichigo" in a voice that sounds like a she-man guzzling on unmentionables is more annoying.

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2008-07-24 at 12:22. Reason: more family friendly, lol
Old 2008-07-24, 12:06   Link #312
Notaron

Quote:

Really? I counted 20 times in Venus' post, and only 14 in yours.

She's also doing you a favor by not adding in the Arrancar or SS arc.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:11   Link #313
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
What's more annoying: "Kurosaki-kun" in a high-pitched voice (not to mention every time she speaks) or "Ichigo" once in a while (in a voice much more friendly to the ears)?
doesn't sound high pitch to me, unless you have sensitive hearing or something.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:16   Link #314
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Its call the bias hatred syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaron View Post
Really? I counted 20 times in Venus' post, and only 14 in yours.

She's also doing you a favor by not adding in the Arrancar or SS arc.
Let me rephrase that. In less than half the number of chapters, Rukia has said "Ichigo", more than 1/2 the amount it Inoue said "Kurosaki-kun".

The arrancar arc was majorily about Inoue and her insecurities. S.S. arc is way too long, and I'm too lazy. How is it not "helping" me? I just proved that it takes less time for Rukia to say "Ichigo" more than Inoue.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:21   Link #315
Notaron

Quote:
Let me rephrase that. In less than half the number of chapters, Rukia has said "Ichigo", more than 1/2 the amount it Inoue said "Kurosaki-kun".

The arrancar arc was majorily about Inoue and her insecurities. S.S. arc is way too long, and I'm too lazy. How is it not "helping" me? I just proved that it takes less time for Rukia to say "Ichigo" more than Inoue.
Your point is? Inoue has still said 'Kurosaki-kun' more than Rukia has said 'Ichigo'. What people are getting at is 'Kurosaki-kun' seems to be her only words at all. If you add in the Arrancar arc, I guarantee you the number of times would triple.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:27   Link #316
ruote

That kurosaki-kun thing is sure one of the reasons.
My brother quit watching bleach because of her.

I think the reason that I don’t like her that much
Is that, I’ve seen so many characters who are so much like her, and I’m getting sick of it.
She’s just like those princesses in fairy tales who keeps dreaming about their princes.
Beautiful, kind, gentle, dependent and fragile.
I always like a fierce female characters.
Like Soi Fong, Yoruichi, Tatsuki and Rukia.
I like weird, one of a kind heroines, like Kyouko(skip beat) Rukia(bleach) and so on.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:32   Link #317
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
I think "Ichigo" in a voice that sounds like a she-man guzzling on unmentionables is more annoying.
Quote:
Its call the bias hatred syndrome
We both suffer from it!
Old 2008-07-24, 12:33   Link #318
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruote View Post
That kurosaki-kun thing is sure one of the reasons.
My brother quit watching bleach because of her.

I think the reason that I don’t like her that much
Is that, I’ve seen so many characters who are so much like her, and I’m getting sick of it.
She’s just like those princesses in fairy tales who keeps dreaming about their princes.
Beautiful, kind, gentle, dependent and fragile.
I always like a fierce female characters.
Like Soi Fong, Yoruichi, Tatsuki and Rukia.
I like weird, one of a kind heroines, like Kyouko(skip beat) Rukia(bleach) and so on.
And Orihime isn't weird? She's extremely weird. but she's also very "real", its Kubo's intent on allowing his audience to actually able to connect with her on a real life basis. No matter how you are on a regular basis, there are always circumstances that arise and tear you down emotionally.

Now, its completely ok to not a character, but to hate a character by exaggerating on points, mainly due to the fact that he/she goes against your "faction", is plain stupid, IMO.

Quote:
We both suffer from it!
Since you're new, you never saw any of my earlier posts. I don't hate Rukia, just don't care for her. Big difference. With the constant attacks on Inoue, the mode switches, and makes me want to pointlessly hate on their character as well. Doesn't justify anything, just thought I made it clear.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:35   Link #319
Nervous Venus

What are you implying when you say 'faction' ?
Old 2008-07-24, 12:35   Link #320
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
What are you implying when you say 'faction' ?
Shipping faction, what else?
Closed Thread