2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-31, 17:16   Link #121
Midrange
Betwixt tweet and woof

[edit: argh, wrong thread. sorry. post removed]

Last edited by Midrange; 2006-05-31 at 17:37.
Old 2006-06-01, 01:58   Link #122
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I don't understand why Mion is carrying that gun around in public and for everyone to see. And no one mentions anything. Just what's up with that? Is it because she's the yakuza heir or something?

And when she stabbed Keiichi(hallucination?) with the knife, she could have made it simpler and just use her gun...
Old 2006-06-01, 02:05   Link #123
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis
I don't understand why Mion is carrying that gun around in public and for everyone to see. And no one mentions anything. Just what's up with that? Is it because she's the yakuza heir or something?

And when she stabbed Keiichi(hallucination?) with the knife, she could have made it simpler and just use her gun...
It has already been discussed that the gun itself is insignificant. Being Mion's character, that can be more like a water pistol. Besides, guns are illegal in Japan, and no yakuza would be stupid enough to carry one around in public in plain view of the police.
Old 2006-06-01, 18:34   Link #124
LordAshram

Well, she WAS holding it rather defensively in that scene at the beginning of ep 5... Could be a stungun or something.
Old 2006-06-01, 18:39   Link #125
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAshram
Well, she WAS holding it rather defensively in that scene at the beginning of ep 5... Could be a stungun or something.
That was already mentioned in the same thread as well:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=39
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=59

Shall I put this in the Q&A section for references purposes as this question may pop up rather frequently?
Old 2006-06-01, 19:23   Link #126
FubaredByAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
That was already mentioned in the same thread as well:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=39
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=59

Shall I put this in the Q&A section for references purposes as this question may pop up rather frequently?
Might as well. You know it's going to keep popping up along with the "Why is the Na red?" and "How are all the stories connected?" questions. Though I have to admit, the gun topic is typically number 1 in popularity.
Old 2006-06-01, 23:46   Link #127
蜩の泣

I just have a question about the last frame.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-02, 07:26   Link #128
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Oh. Another thing that's bothering me.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-02, 09:28   Link #129
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circular Logic
Oh. Another thing that's bothering me.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2006-06-02, 22:22   Link #130
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Just watched this series...and I think it's quite good...
Seeing everyone's assumption...I just thought of this possibility:
After the festival...
Mion tried to kill everyone who entered the temple.
Mion was on her way to kill Shion.
Shion defeated Mion.
Shion decided to 'punish' Mion and imprisoned Mion.
Shion revealed Mion's crime by imposting her and pretend to torture Keiji.
Shion knocked out Keiji by shocking him.
Shion killed herself by throwing herself into the well.
Mion and Keiji got rescued.
The demon in Mion awakened.
Demon Mion stabbed Mion, but was stopped by human Mion's mind.
Mion realized that the demon is going to take over her.
Mion commited suicide so that the demon cannot kill Keiji.

That would make it correct timeline wise...though it's quite ridicoulus and full of holes...
Old 2006-06-04, 13:15   Link #131
AzureFlux
faito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-19, 03:29   Link #132
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
When Mion seems relieved not to have to show her tatoo i think it s pretty understandable not because she doesnt have it but because she has her pride. It would involve revieling her naked body to her friend and the one she loves (though he doesnt loves her but her sister instead) wich would hurt her feeling even more. And also because she has her pride as the heir of the yakuza familly and being naked in front of anyone is pretty humiliating for someone being used to be treated in her house with all the respect due to her stading. That is why i think she is relieved.

Spoiler:

Sorry for the awfull grammar not from an english speacking country and at work writting 1 sentence here and the next 15 min later, not good at all for coherence and grammatically correct paragraph
Old 2006-07-22, 05:28   Link #133
Alu
Guide my hand...

I have just yesterday started seeing this Anime.., and unbelivably.. I had not seen in a while an Anime that so quickly made me fell in love with it..., not Fate-Stay, not even Haruhi..; I guess the last one that realy "caught" me this much was Rozen Maiden

But all and all this is just to say how Higurashi is realy in fact.. THAT good.., and I am only so far on episode 8 ^^

Here are now my thoughts regarding the ending of Watanagashi-hen..., altough I did pretty much had a good idea at the "picture" at the end of Onikakushi-hen.., I chose to not post anything on the episode 4 thread, thus using my thoughts to support my ideas on this one.

I'd better spoil tag it just in case ^^

Spoiler:

Thanks for reading.., once again.., I know I have the habit of making Huge posts, and this is no exception ^^

Last edited by Alu; 2006-07-22 at 06:03.
Old 2006-07-22, 06:40   Link #134
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

*whew* I somehow read the entirety

Heh, from what I understood, you seem to be blaming Shion for all the wrongdoings in Watanagishi-hen.
[you might want to check out, wikipedia article for info, I check it as often as I can]
At first I, too, speculated the same thing, now, I'm not too sure. Because if you notice from the Op. movie, it is Mion who has the tatoo on her back. The sign of the 'Oni' -and that's what posesses her.
Also. from what I read in the manga(-I've read all that's translated so far ) the bond between Shion and K1 seems to be more represented, so I've already been having doubts that Shion and Mion actually 'switched places'

Spoiler for manga:

I have seen some screencaps for episode 16 (the beginning of the answer arcs) And it seems to be all about Shion and Mion. Hopefully everything will be explained there. I haven't seen 16 yet because no subs are out yet.

Quote:
And this might be a REALY long shot.., but is there any possibilities that the person whom Shion was in love with was Satoshi ?
No this, I am SURE has some truth to it. There was a scene in episode 9, I think.
where
Spoiler:

Quote:
Upon reading some of the comments on episode 4 from when Onikakushi-hen ended.., it realy seems more and more to me that Keiichi goes mentaly unstable quite easily; not that I can blame him after all that happens to him though ^^
That is of course one of his 'interesting' traits.
I mean, from all the anime I've watched, I've never seen a character like Keichi
(he did however remind me a bit of Eva's Shinji)
You will be even more surprised at how right you are when you see him in the next arc^^

Lastly, you never mentioned anything about Rena, I really believe (hope, anyway) that she plays a big part in the show. I really, really want to see her and Keichi duke it out with that bat and hatchet. And the way she acts in several parts of the show really ticks my interest. Maybe something will happen...~_~

Overall, I cannot answer much myself, the on-goings in this show, unlike some of the people here who have played the game and read the manga.
..but one thing I am sure of is that this show is already on par with my beloved Rozen Maiden.

Quote:
All and all I am LOVING this anime
told 'ya. ... though I'm still unsure just how much you do, since it seemed you were a bit reluctant when I first told you.
but to be on par with Rozen, I never knew you would like it that much.
You even changed your AV.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go continue those vectors ^^;;

edit: I just read your pm. You were a little too late, since I was already reading your post
oh, yeah, I can write long posts too -if I feel like it.

Last edited by solwyvern; 2006-07-22 at 06:52.
Old 2006-07-22, 06:54   Link #135
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
*whew* I somehow read the entirety

Heh, from what I understood, you seem to be blaming Shion for all the wrongdoings in Watanagishi-hen.
[you might want to check out, wikipedia article for info, I check it as often as I can]
At first I, too, speculated the same thing, now, I'm not too sure. Because if you notice from the Op. movie, it is Mion who has the tatoo on her back. The sign of the 'Oni' -and that's what posesses her.
So you belive that there is in fact something un-natural at work here.., as the demon mark having the powers to realy make a person phsycological insane as what happened to Mion (whom I belive to be Shion at that moment) ?

I guess I'll have to wait until I watch the next arcs for more information on this subject.., to me currently though it all seems that everything has a logical explination, a very deep plot indeed.., but its more understandable then something super-natural at work... - Altough I haven't crossed this option out yet myself

And yay, this is the bigest post I have ever seen you post
Old 2006-07-22, 07:35   Link #136
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
So you belive that there is in fact something un-natural at work here.., as the demon mark having the powers to realy make a person phsycological insane as what happened to Mion (whom I belive to be Shion at that moment) ?
Hmm, yes and no. ..but I'm starting to align with 'no' lately
Yes, because The very fact that some 'things' happen illogically.
There could really be a curse and Oyashiro-sama, then again, maybe not...

No, because it could be the work of cultists. I still want to find out just who were those 'thugs' that attacked K1.
Also after watching Tatarigoroshi-hen, check some previous episodes, (especially 4)
Alot of people probably know already, but
Spoiler for watch ep 9+ first!:

...then again I got even more confused by the pattern of ep14-15 & Rika's premonition >_<;;

Quote:
And yay, this is the bigest post I have ever seen you post
\o/
Old 2006-07-23, 00:13   Link #137
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
Hmm, yes and no. ..but I'm starting to align with 'no' lately
Yes, because The very fact that some 'things' happen illogically.
There could really be a curse and Oyashiro-sama, then again, maybe not...

No, because it could be the work of cultists. I still want to find out just who were those 'thugs' that attacked K1.
Also after watching Tatarigoroshi-hen, check some previous episodes, (especially 4)
I just finished Tatarigoroshi-hen..., and yes.., now I see why you tend to lean over to the un-natural possibility..., damn.., this arc compleatly pushed away alot of things that I was counting on beeing sure

So yes.., it is possible that the "other" element we speak here is possible.., specialy now more then ever.., Never the less though.

I still am under the impression that most of the events that happened during the Watanagashi-hen had a reasonable answer, much like those of which I based my speculations on my previous posts.

All and all, now regarding Onikakushi-hen..., despite I still having the feeling that most of the events there happened due to..
Spoiler:

So all in an overall bases on Onikakushi-hen and Watanagashi-hen it seems that reason still holds more balance in the scale against un-natural.., for what I belive.., despite all of what happened in Tatarigoroshi-hen, and even these arcs can be described as almost alternate realities that compromise each other on a huge number of aspects.

Most of these aspects still happened in the first 2 arcs with a much more reasonable explination or speculations, which means.., even if Tatarigoroshi-hen was mostely driven by un-natural events, it just comes to complement alot of missing parts on the previous 2 reason driven arcs.

Or so I currently belive it to be

Off to the next arc I go, I've finaly gotten all the 15 here with me and now I'll definitly be able to catch up
Old 2006-07-25, 04:46   Link #138
lommm
l'homme de lommm

after the first two arcs, i think that people reading these boards should read a clear definition of Dissociative Idenity Disorder...
it's a lot to read, but at least skim through it...
it kind of shines a new light on a lot of the events of the first two arcs...

i'm just taking this from wiki because it's easier to cut and paste, but it's pretty acurate and similar to my textbooks' definition...

Spoiler for Dissociative Idenity Disorder:

Spoiler for A definition of dissociation:

Spoiler for Potential causes of dissociative identity disorder:

Spoiler for Symptoms:

it's possible that with the stress of being the heir to the Sonazaki yukuza family and of having seen a murder at a young age during the fight over the dam, Mion suffers from a dissociative identity disorder in which she uses the name and countenance of the demon to "dissociate" herself from the terrible violence and stress surrounding her, as well as the bad memories

the same can be said of Keiichi and Rena in Onikakushi... i guess even in Watanagashi, they both snap a little from time to time... but not as bad as in the first arc

i'm not discounting a paranormal cause, especially after 9-13, but there is a definite explanation for it with this theory...

also one of the hints is about
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-25, 18:44   Link #139
Hunter Nin.

I'm not sure if this is just a trick of the light but...

Spoiler for never having to worry about which twin is which:

Last edited by Hunter Nin.; 2006-07-25 at 19:06.
Old 2006-07-25, 19:57   Link #140
lommm
l'homme de lommm

okay, then that makes me have a new question:

if Shion is supposed to be the "older twin"...

she can't be that much older or they can't be twins...

a couple of days at most...

i've never heard of anything with twins being born more than two days apart...

which is rare in itself...

so are they supposed to be sisters who just look very much alike or are they twins???
Closed Thread