AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 56 43.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 17.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.34%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-02, 16:06   Link #81
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This episode answered a lot of questions.

The very first Hideauze are humans merged with the symbiotic organism, and it seems like they are sentient. That voice was talking about seizing the Continental Union's wormhole generator to expand into space and what not. However, are they still individuals or a hive-mind? Given that they are spawned in large numbers like insects, I would go with the latter...

Another thing, there could still be important stuff left in orbit, including that wormhole generator. After all, we see in the video that it was indeed blown up, but both the CU/GA and the Evolvers left the solar system, so it's either still functional, or they built another.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:18   Link #82
oompa loompa

So.. seems like chamber has all the info about everything; i.e. the entire alliance database including restricted sections. Even if the wormhole generator is not there anymore, Chamber should have the technical know-how as to how to build a new one, as well as the computational capacity to do so.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:22   Link #83
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

When the footage of the wormhole generator's explosion is shown you can read "RT simulator 1.05".
Since it only appears there it is likely meant to tell us that the images we see aren't reality but what should happen according to the continental union's plans.

Old 2013-06-02, 16:28   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I figured the Hideauze were initially created by humans and that pretty much everything the Alliance tells its soldiers about them is a lie, but I have to admit I never considered the possibility the Hideauze could be evolved humans. That was a pretty nice twist, albeit not very original. It wasn't exactly clear who started the war but I think it was the (future) Alliance. They simply couldn't accept this evolution and resolved to exterminate them all. That's not to say the Hideauze are good guys. They were set on conquering the universe as well. Space is pretty damn huge, you'd think they could have just parted ways, but their hatred of each other is so great it won't allow it. Peace will never be achieved in space until one side is wiped out. Ledo is lucky to have been able to get out of there.

I'm not expecting the show to get any darker than this. This was the peak, imo. No Alliance, no Hideauze, no wormhole (why would he even want to go back now that he knows the truth?). From now on, the story will deal with Ledo coming to terms with the fact his whole life is a lie and focus on his attempt to create a peaceful life for himself on Gargantia. First, he might have to make peace with the Whalesquids, however. It's possible a war might start if he left any survivors in that nest.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:32   Link #85
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Well I just watched the episode (BTW thanks for spoiling guys. )
Did you open the episode thread before watching the episode and expected not to get spoiled? This is the thread for discussing the contents of episode 9. Reading it before watching the episode is not recommended.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:34   Link #86
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

With all this transhumanism goin' on, I wonder if there are any people like this guy in the fleets or Galactic Alliance today.

(And now you'll see him in your dreams tonight. You're welcome.)
Old 2013-06-02, 16:58   Link #87
Diveman

Damn I was expecting the Hideauze to be monsters created by humans, but to think they "were" humans, damn Gen, it took you a while but you've done it again.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:09   Link #88
bastek66

Pinion's brother still there
Old 2013-06-02, 17:15   Link #89
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Wow that was a damn good episode. When Chamber said it's classified information, I'm like 'ohhhh shittt'

It's nice to see Ledo using military protocol to control Chamber and override its suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
So.. seems like chamber has all the info about everything; i.e. the entire alliance database including restricted sections. Even if the wormhole generator is not there anymore, Chamber should have the technical know-how as to how to build a new one, as well as the computational capacity to do so.
It makes sense. Our modern tech can store so much in non-volatile memory, GA's tech is probably good enough to store their entire database in every machine. But I don't think Ledo's military commands are going go get him access into Chamber's database that contains all sorts of possible non-military information.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:15   Link #90
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiavik View Post
I said "Holy Shit" out loud.
Pretty much this. This is my favorite episode of the season, so far, right after MJP's episode 7.

Anyhow,

Spoiler for It's a new episode of a currently airing series:
Old 2013-06-02, 17:17   Link #91
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Amy look alike spotted in the recorded video
Old 2013-06-02, 17:19   Link #92
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Coordinators vs Humans?
Old 2013-06-02, 17:21   Link #93
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Did you open the episode thread before watching the episode and expected not to get spoiled? This is the thread for discussing the contents of episode 9. Reading it before watching the episode is not recommended.
This is how I see it, too. This is the benefit of having episode threads. Spoilers are a problem in normal threads that cover everything, but when we have single-episode threads, we don't need spoiler tags for things that happen in the episode.

The only problem would be having a place to speculate about the episode before it airs, but that can be done in the previous episode's thread.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:21   Link #94
Beltane70

This was definitely one of my favorite episodes of this series. Even with some of the implications made earlier, I still found the big reveal a bit of a surprise!
Old 2013-06-02, 17:25   Link #95
mistress_kisara

That was a great twist, I was like WTF!! and then Chamber killed the "moe" hideauze...
Old 2013-06-02, 17:39   Link #96
Jetzero Infinity

Well this sums up my feelings on the episode: HOLY CRAP DAT PLOT TWIST!

I'm actually kind of surprised I didn't see it coming since it's definently the kind of thing Urobuchi would pull. The whole entire war the Galactic Alliance has going on is a glorified sham, and the Hideauze are human. This certainly raises the question of what's going to happen to Ledo from this point on since he was pretty clearly disturbed by the revelation but it also raises a big question about the Hideauze: How sentient are they, and are the Evolvers who created them still pulling the strings somewhere in space?

I'm really curious to see where this is all gonna go now, though it makes it a bit more disappointing that this is still only 12 episodes. Hopefully things start to speed up a bit soon.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:40   Link #97
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Did you open the episode thread before watching the episode and expected not to get spoiled?
I expected the first page's content to have spoiler tags.
Old 2013-06-02, 17:41   Link #98
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
Now it's all a matter of time if whether the time travel theories abounding around the net are true or not.
Seriously, why?
Old 2013-06-02, 17:50   Link #99
Jerseykid

Ledo baby killer!
Old 2013-06-02, 17:54   Link #100
Belgaesh

Damn you, Butch Gen. But I really should have predicted that one, it reminded me of Saya no Uta.
Closed Thread