AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-18, 17:16   Link #1461
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Actually, I am pretty sure only the ones close to Haruhi felt it. Actually, just Itsuki and Kyon. Even Mikuru seemed clueless until trying to contact her superiors and never mentioned the deja vu.
So then maybe Mikuru and Haruhi probably aren't that close.
But I'm not close to Haruhi and I got deja vu :P
Old 2010-01-20, 04:29   Link #1462
Seitsuki
Onee!

Didn't we all. I have to admit I sometimes felt it was just a bit overdone (4-5 episodes woulda been fine, but EIGHT..) still, our faith is greater than that right?
Old 2010-01-20, 21:21   Link #1463
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Okay guys, I just started watching the second season. I watched the first one and was incredibly pleased. My background is I am a romantic fanatic, so the final kiss at the end of haruhi was awesome, because I really liked the Kyon x Haruhi match-up.

I just started watching S2, as mentioned, and have come across that the old ones are mixed in with the new ones. Totally fine, but to make sure I was watching them in the order that animators wanted me to watch it, I looked up an episode list. I stumbled across that the last episode of the entire second season is the episode where he goes and gets a heater and it ends with haruhi doing the playful smile thing.

I am sure this is an awesome ending but, again being a romance fan, this makes me upset because I wanted to see more relationship since they were adding all of this content.

Is there really no improvement or any sort of special moment that is in the S2 that wasn't in the S1? Even something like a simple date episode or a hug or something would probably suffice. Right now I am in the Eights part of the series, is there light after the tunnel? these repeat episodes are truly testing my faith and I just want to know that there is a reward

Thanks for your time.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:00   Link #1464
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicxx View Post
Okay guys, I just started watching the second season. I watched the first one and was incredibly pleased. My background is I am a romantic fanatic, so the final kiss at the end of haruhi was awesome, because I really liked the Kyon x Haruhi match-up.

I just started watching S2, as mentioned, and have come across that the old ones are mixed in with the new ones. Totally fine, but to make sure I was watching them in the order that animators wanted me to watch it, I looked up an episode list. I stumbled across that the last episode of the entire second season is the episode where he goes and gets a heater and it ends with haruhi doing the playful smile thing.

I am sure this is an awesome ending but, again being a romance fan, this makes me upset because I wanted to see more relationship since they were adding all of this content.

Is there really no improvement or any sort of special moment that is in the S2 that wasn't in the S1? Even something like a simple date episode or a hug or something would probably suffice. Right now I am in the Eights part of the series, is there light after the tunnel? these repeat episodes are truly testing my faith and I just want to know that there is a reward

Thanks for your time.
Actually, you are not watching a "season 2" of Haruhi. In fact, there is no such thing as a season 2. You're watching the new episodes that were added to fill in the chronological gaps that the 2006 airing missed during their run. "Someday in the Rain" was the last episode chronologically from the original airing and stayed as the final episode in the 2009 "re-airing" of Haruhi since that was to air the series in proper chronological order.

Likely when Kadokawa decided to release the fourth novel "The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya" (also named Disappearance) as a movie, they had to fill in those gaps that the 2006 episodes missed: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight, and The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya. At most, they could make 9 new episodes from these stories naturally. (1 for BLR, 1-2 for E8, and 5-6 for Sigh) Unfortunately, only airing 9 episodes for a season wouldn't work, and 9 episodes only released on DVD would confuse the viewers that didn't get the original DVDs in 2006-2007. The solution was to make a new 28 episode re-airing and add in the new episodes where they belonged. The one arc that Kadokawa could extend was Endless Eight to 8 episodes (or get 5-6 new works from the original author like "Someday in the Rain", but that was VERY unlikely).

Sigh works as a "redemption" of Haruhi near the end, especially if you go back and watch "Live A Live" afterwards (which takes place on the same day as Sigh V). As for your question about romantic moments, I'd say there's a good scene in Sigh VI that may delight you, plus the final epilogue of Sigh V mirrors the end of Melancholy VI (the kiss episode) and that should delight you as well.

Sorry for the long post, I've been working up a rant at all the "season 2" statements and needed to get out what I believe happened at Kadokawa.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:07   Link #1465
Angelic
Feel the Beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Actually, you are not watching a "season 2" of Haruhi. In fact, there is no such thing as a season 2. You're watching the new episodes that were added to fill in the chronological gaps that the 2006 airing missed during their run. "Someday in the Rain" was the last episode chronologically from the original airing and stayed as the final episode in the 2009 "re-airing" of Haruhi since that was to air the series in proper chronological order.

Likely when Kadokawa decided to release the fourth novel "The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya" (also named Disappearance) as a movie, they had to fill in those gaps that the 2006 episodes missed: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight, and The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya. At most, they could make 9 new episodes from these stories naturally. (1 for BLR, 1-2 for E8, and 5-6 for Sigh) Unfortunately, only airing 9 episodes for a season wouldn't work, and 9 episodes only released on DVD would confuse the viewers that didn't get the original DVDs in 2006-2007. The solution was to make a new 28 episode re-airing and add in the new episodes where they belonged. The one arc that Kadokawa could extend was Endless Eight to 8 episodes (or get 5-6 new works from the original author like "Someday in the Rain", but that was VERY unlikely).

Sigh works as a "redemption" of Haruhi near the end, especially if you go back and watch "Live A Live" afterwards (which takes place on the same day as Sigh V). As for your question about romantic moments, I'd say there's a good scene in Sigh VI that may delight you, plus the final epilogue of Sigh V mirrors the end of Melancholy VI (the kiss episode) and that should delight you as well.

Sorry for the long post, I've been working up a rant at all the "season 2" statements and needed to get out what I believe happened at Kadokawa.
Thank you for the reply. I have read it all and have decided to keep watching. Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding that I had, I was not familiar with the thinking behind hosting the Second season, or more the Re-Airing of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". I will look forward towards the Sigh Episode(s), and keep watching.

A question, do the novels offer anything more romance wise? I assume that the novels have more content and probably go further time-plot-relationship wise than the anime.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:08   Link #1466
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
A question, do the novels offer anything more romance wise? I assume that the novels have more content and probably go further time-plot-relationship wise than the anime.
Not really. Sorry to disappoint you.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:14   Link #1467
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Thank you for the reply. I have read it all and have decided to keep watching. Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding that I had, I was not familiar with the thinking behind hosting the Second season, or more the Re-Airing of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". I will look forward towards the Sigh Episode(s), and keep watching.

There are some scenes in some stories that hint at a possible relationship, but nothing is outright said. Things do get a bit complicated when an old female friend is introduced to the SOS Brigade in novel 9, but that one ends on a cliffhanger and the corresponding book has not been published. That novel begins the second year of high school for Kyon, Haruhi, Yuki, and Koizumi. I don't believe it's stated that Mikuru was at the school for the year before the others, just that she's a second year student, so I can't assume it'll be her third year. The novel timeframe really focuses along the November-February time period with a bunch of stories taking place during that time (Sigh-Intrigues (7th novel)).
Old 2010-01-22, 11:25   Link #1468
mammothb

romance wise, nothing explicit. so don't expect to see any lovey dovey scenes. but like the anime, there are some scenes that will hint to you possible romantic relationships.
Old 2010-01-22, 19:44   Link #1469
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
And they become somewhat more frequent as the series goes on. You could also say there is at last a 'romantic hint' scene by book. Nothing as strong as the the kiss, tough.
Old 2010-01-22, 23:27   Link #1470
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
And they become somewhat more frequent as the series goes on. You could also say there is at last a 'romantic hint' scene by book. Nothing as strong as the the kiss, tough.
Haruhi's actions in the last chapter of Disappearance is a pretty good contender.
Old 2010-01-23, 00:33   Link #1471
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Haruhi's actions in the last chapter of Disappearance is a pretty good contender.
It's what made me consider her a tsundere, that chapter did...

The novels have like, hardly any romance (not a romance story. damn) but like everyone has said there be hints of it.
Old 2010-01-23, 00:39   Link #1472
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

That's why so much of the fanfiction is romance.

Including mine.

(shameless plug for new chapter)
Old 2010-01-23, 00:46   Link #1473
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
That's why so much of the fanfiction is romance.

Including mine.

(shameless plug for new chapter)
Also, everywhere you look there's romance...
btw Imma give you a fer romance fanfic.

Wahaa~I has question!
I've always wondered...
Spoiler for Disappearance:
Old 2010-01-23, 00:49   Link #1474
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-23, 00:51   Link #1475
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-01-23, 01:03   Link #1476
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-23, 01:28   Link #1477
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for LOL:
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-01-23, 05:42   Link #1478
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Spoiler for LOL:
Spoiler for Haruhi Sense:
Old 2010-01-23, 06:02   Link #1479
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Spoiler for Disappearance Haruhi:

Anyway, all we can do is speculate. Nothing was said in te novel since Kyon failed asking (well, he had more important things to worry about). Therefore, to continue that discussion we should go to another thread,
Old 2010-01-25, 02:44   Link #1480
Magnificate

Quote:
Why is it called "Brigade"? It should be "Spreading Excitement All Over the World with Suzumiya Haruhi Association", but since [...] "If that's the case, then let's call it a brigade!" And so the club name was now gloriously born.
What was the word used in place of "Association" in Japanese version?
Closed Thread